[Drama 2019] Strangers from Hell, 타인은 지옥이다

larus

Lee Dong-wook to join Im Shi-wan in OCN thriller, Hell Is Other People

by stroopwafel

leedongwook.jpg

It’s only been a few weeks since we last saw Lee Dong-wook (Reach of Sincerity) on our screens, but we can expect to see him back in dramaland before the year is out. He has confirmed he’ll be joining Im Shi-wan (The King Loves) in the OCN thriller Hell Is Other People. The drama is a webtoon adaptation that will examine the ways people clash and their capability to outright torment others.

Im Shi-wan will play a country boy who decides to move to the big city, Seoul. Once in Seoul, he moves into a rundown gositel (think super budget dormitory, but not restricted to students) and the horrors begin when he meets and interacts with his fellow gositel residents. Lee Dong-wook will be playing an artistic and sensitive dentist who happens to work and live near the gositel. He eventually takes Im Shi-wan under his wing in order to show him how to adapt to city life.

Hell Is Other People will be the second installation in OCN’s new “Dramatic Cinema” project, which aims to combine the best elements of dramas and cinema (that also means fewer episodes than your average drama). The source material was known for managing to shock readers with psychological twists, and considering that it’s OCN, I see a lot of potential for creepy thrills and chills.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/05/lee-dong-wook-to-join-im-shi-wan-in-ocn-thriller-hell-is-other-people/

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/11/2019 at 7:26 PM, Friendly kitty said:

If you read a webtoon, please tell me the story in brief. Will they show ghosts who did die of their own death and who need to be destroyed or saved by the hero? Or is it a story about ordinary people who are too cruel and strange?
I'm just trying to figure out if I should start watching a drama? Because in the usual ghost dramas, at least one episode is dedicated to child abuse. And I am very afraid of such episodes, so I don’t even start watching dramas about ghosts ...
Therefore, I want to clarify with webtoon readers - there will be stories in which children will suffer from parental violence ???:blink:

the webtoon story is about a 20s guy from his hometown move to seoul to work with his school's senior. 

since he's tight on money at seoul he stay at a very cheap apartment. in that apartment live the landlord lady, and 3 strange guy.

this webtoon doesn't consist of child abuse, but about psycho neighbour who like to mutilate any new people come to their apartment, and eat their meat. in the early episode you won't find any scary images but at the end they show us how they killed each other (hit and stab) and the images might be a bit disturbing but not a gore one.

its a dark webtoon though although I don't like any ghost/horror story but a thriller is fine to me. 

12 hours ago, rainy12 said:

this webtoon doesn't consist of child abuse, but about psycho neighbour who like to mutilate any new people come to their apartment, and eat their meat.

Well, that means it can be explained later by the fact that parents beat this person in childhood ... Clearly, it means that I will wait until the dorama comes out entirely, and if they don’t show terrible episodes with children, then I will watch the drama.
Or did the webtoon uncover the reason why the man became so? This is not connected with his childhood, you can not be afraid and look with everyone?:blink:

Dramatic Cinema project and a psychological thriller in the dormitory? This will be my next watching list after VOICE3. TRAP sastified me. I like fewer eps and how the twist turn one of the main character who's the victim to be one of best psycho with daebak acting. I'd like to see Lee Dong Wook do it if that was his role.

Lee Jung Eun, Lee Hyun Wook, And More Confirmed For Im Siwan And Lee Dong Wook’s Upcoming Drama

by K. Lew
28a58bcda7844bf296e2f1746134da77.jpeg?s=

Lee Jung Eun, Lee Hyun Wook, Park Jong Hwan, and Lee Joong Ok will be appearing in the upcoming OCN drama “Strangers from Hell” (literal title).

Based on a popular webtoon of the same name, “Strangers from Hell” is a thriller about a young man who lives in an unfamiliar dormitory in Seoul and the strange hell-like events that occur because of the other residents in the building. Im Siwan will be playing aspiring actor and writer Yoon Jong Woo, while Lee Dong Wook will be taking on the role of Seo Moon Jo, a dentist.

Lee Jung Eun will be playing another resident of the dormitory, Uhm Bok Soon. Though at first glance she appears to be a kind and warm person, her cryptic actions show that she might not be exactly as she appears to be.

Lee Hyun Wook will be taking on the role of Yoo Ki Hyuk, resident of room 302 in the dormitory and the resident everyone is afraid of. Though he approaches Yoon Joo Woo first as his neighbor, he has a strange aura about him and acts abnormally, even wearing long sleeves in the summer heat.

Park Jong Hwan will be playing Byun Deuk Jong, resident of room 306. Though he stutters when he speaks and his shoddy appearance makes him look easy to take advantage of, there’s something cruel about him behind his bizarre laughter.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1325142wpp/lee-jung-eun-lee-hyun-wook-and-more-confirmed-for-im-siwan-and-lee-dong-wooks-upcoming-drama

May 17 2019

Teaser trailer & supporting cast added for OCN drama series “Strangers From Hell”

Strangers-From-Hell-teasertp01.jpg

Early teaser trailer and first supporting cast members added for OCN drama series “Strangers From Hell” (literal title) starring Im Si-Wan and Lee Dong-Wook. The newly announced supporting cast members are Lee Jung-Eun, Lee Hyun-Wook, Park Jong-Hwan and Lee Joong-Ok. The early teaser trailer is titled “casting teaser video” and introduces the aforementioned actors. The teaser trailer begins with the voice of Im Si-Wan stating “This was hell, a horrible hell made by strangers.”

For the drama series, Lee Jung-Eun will play Eom Bok-Soon. She is an owner of a cheap apartment where Yoon Jong-Woo (Im Si-Wan) stays.

Lee Hyun-Wook will play Yoo Ki-Hyeok. He lives in apartment #302. He talks to Yoon Jong-Woo first, but everyone in the apartment building is scared of him.

Park Jong-Hwan plays Byeon Deuk-Jong. He lives in apartment #306. He stutters and makes a weird laughing sound.

Lee Joong-Ok plays Hong Nam-Bok. He lives in apartment #314. He stares at Yoon Jong-Woo from the first day he moves in.

“Strangers From Hell” first airs sometime in the second half of this year in South Korea.

so lee dong wook is not the psycho neighbour's role (lee hyun wook took the role),

actually the room 302 guy is like the role lead so I think lee dong wook would play the role but maybe that's too risky for a big star like him. but who knows what's his character, since the dentist is not in the webtoon.

@Friendly kitty I haven't read until the background part, its not yet revealed,

but I think no child abuse because the psycho guy's mother (the building's owner) also a psycho, they killed people together.

• 1 month later...
July 5 2019

First script reading for OCN drama series “Strangers From Hell”

Strangers_From_Hell-SR001.png

First script reading for upcoming OCN drama series “Strangers From Hell” (literal title), starring Im Si-Wan and Lee Dong-Wook, took place April, 2019 in Sangam-dong, Seoul, South Korea. Main cast members including Im Si-Wan, Lee Dong-Wook, Lee Jung-Eun, Lee Hyun-Wook, Park Jong-Hwan, Lee Joong-Ok, Hyun Bong-Sik, Ahn Eun-Jin, Kim Ji-Eun and Cha Rae-Hyoung attended the first script reading. The drama series is set at a low cost apartment complex. New tenant Yoon Jong-Woo (Im Si-Wan) begins to live there and it’s like hell for me.

“Strangers From Hell” is now set to first air August, 2019 in South Koera.

Strangers_From_Hell-SR002.png

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/first-script-reading-for-ocn-drama-series-strangers-from-hell

Watch: Lee Dong Wook, Im Siwan, And More Act With Passion At Drama Script Reading

by L. Kim
b13fe9900af84af2ab40800c6ecfd68a.jpeg?s=

OCN’s “Strangers From Hell” (literal title) has released a video of the actors coming together for their first script reading!

Based on a popular webtoon of the same name, “Strangers From Hell” is a thriller drama about the mysterious incidents that a man encounters after moving into a dormitory due to the residents that live in the same building.

On July 4, a video was shared of the drama’s first script reading, which was attended by cast members including Im Siwan, Lee Dong Wook, Lee Jung Eun, Lee Hyun Wook, Park Jong Hwan, and Lee Joong Ok.

First off, Im Siwan greeted the viewers and introduced his character Yoon Jong Woo, an aspiring writer who moves to Seoul from the countryside for his new job. He said, “[At the dormitory,] he meets unique people and goes through changes. Although he’s quiet and timid, he can also actually be very bold.”

Then Lee Dong Wook introduced his character Seo Moon Jo, a dentist who owns a clinic near the dormitory. He described, “I think he’s a character that can show various sides of his artistic emotions.” He added, “I think filming will go into the hot summer, so I hope it finishes safely without any accidents. I will do my best to not cause any troubles for the cast and crew.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1336732wpp/watch-lee-dong-wook-im-siwan-and-more-act-with-passion-at-drama-script-reading

First script read for OCN’s Hell Is Other People

by tipsymocha

hellisotherpeople-scriptread01.jpg

I’ve seen images of this webtoon around on Naver, and it looked really creepy in 2D, which is why I’m looking forward to seeing how the drama plans on adapting it for the small screen. The cast and crew of OCN’s Hell Is Other People got together for their first script read several months ago, and stills of the script read have just been released. The main leads are Lee Dong-wook (Reach of Sincerity) and Im Shi-wan (The King Loves), who went straight from army discharge to preparing for this production.

Hell Is Other People centers around a gosiwon (super low-budget dorms traditionally inhabited in dramaland by civil service exam hopefuls) and its residents. Specifically, the story is told through the eyes of Im Shi-wan’s character, a country transplant who made his way to the big city with dreams of becoming a writer. He experiences first hand the hell that can be created by strangers as he adjusts to life in a gosiwon, where people are packed in like sardines. I can only imagine the types of conflict that can arise in environments like that, with neighbors living with paper-thin walls and communal bathrooms and kitchen.

Fortunately for our country boy, he has a mentor in Lee Dong-wook, who will be playing a warm-hearted dentist. At first, I was wondering why a dentist would be living in a gosiwon of all places, but then I read that he just lives and works near Im Shi-wan’s creepy gosiwon. It sounds like he’ll be playing one of the few non-gosiwon residents in the cast, with Lee Jung-eun (The Light in Your Eyes) playing the welcoming yet mysterious owner, Lee Joong-ok (Extreme Job) playing an ultra-sensitive neighbor, and Lee Hyun-wook (I Only Want to Love) playing a well-mannered but cold resident who incites fear among his fellow neighbors.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/07/first-script-read-for-ocns-hell-is-other-people/

On 5/18/2019 at 10:46 AM, rainy12 said:

so lee dong wook is not the psycho neighbour's role (lee hyun wook took the role),

actually the room 302 guy is like the role lead so I think lee dong wook would play the role but maybe that's too risky for a big star like him. but who knows what's his character, since the dentist is not in the webtoon.

@Friendly kitty I haven't read until the background part, its not yet revealed,

but I think no child abuse because the psycho guy's mother (the building's owner) also a psycho, they killed people together.

Wow, the mother is a psycho too???:scream:. Interesting lol. I'm in for this Imao:glasses::sweat_smile::mrgreen:.

Watch: Im Siwan Opens The Door To Hell In Chilling Teaser For OCN’s Upcoming Drama

by S. Nam
8c01c4def4554305a6752066609061c7.jpeg?s=

OCN’s “Hell is Other People” (tentative title) has revealed its first bone-chilling teaser featuring Im Siwan!

Based on a popular webtoon of the same name, “Hell is Other People” is a thriller about a young man who lives in an unfamiliar dormitory in Seoul and the strange hellish events that occur because of the other residents in the building. Im Siwan will be playing aspiring actor and writer Yoon Jong Woo and Lee Dong Wook will be playing the dentist Seo Moon Jo.

The teaser begins with Yoon Jong Woo opening the doors to the “Eden Dormitory.” Past the doors is a long and narrow hallway that looks empty and dilapidated. Despite it being daytime, the dormitory appears bleak and eerie with its low lighting.

In the background, narration begins with the description, “This place was hell. A terrible hell created by others,” as Yoon Jong Woo slowly walks down the hallway. Suddenly, a brief blackout occurs, and the faces of Hong Nam Bok (Lee Joong Ok), Byun Deuk Jong (Park Jong Hwan), Uhm Bok Soon (Lee Jung Eun) flash by with their eerie smiles, ending with Yoo Ki Hyuk’s (Lee Hyun Wook‘s) cold and unfeeling gaze.

Yoon Jong Woo then opens his eyes as if he’s waking up from a daze. The hallway is empty and quiet once again, but a strange tension builds as he peers into room 303. A mysterious and chilling laugh can be heard from the background.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1338200wpp/watch-im-siwan-opens-the-door-to-hell-in-chilling-teaser-for-ocns-upcoming-drama

Archived