[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

49 minutes ago, larus said:

It is the depressing trop  they usually use. I hate it.

I am sure Sun ja has lung cancer but I hope it is not advanced and they can treat her. We all know that cancer is a nasty illness and a small percent of people survive in the long term.

I recall All About My Mum (2015 weekend drama) starring Lee Sang-Woo, Eugene and Go Doo-Shin. The mum played by Go succumbed to liver cancer at the end. sigh!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, melissa_lee said:

I recall All About My Mum (2015 weekend drama) starring Lee Sang-Woo, Eugene and Go Doo-Shin. The mum played by Go succumbed to liver cancer at the end. sigh!

So it is posible that the writer won`t give us the fairy tale ending after all. :tears:

If the writer wants to be realistic, SJ would die. I know a few personally and of many who died of lung cancer. When they found out, it was stage 4. Just coughing and hard to breathe for 5-6 months.

They can  make it TB, but it may sound too 3rd world. Now, that can be cured.

Yoo Sun uploaded a picture.

"Everybody filmed today very hard
Let's eat and eat delicious things.
You bought steamed chicken ~
Mom the best ~ ❤"

The girls are having dinner together. I love it. :wub:

I can't figure out the layout of the house and where/how everyone is accommodated.

Okay, so my question is does NaDo live in NHM(the chairman's wife)'s closet?

I mean every time NHM gets a piece of information she goes back to (what I think is her bedroom) and NaDo is there.  I'm sure the chairman wouldn't feel right with them sharing a room, so I can only assume that NaDo lives in NHM's closet. 

2 hours ago, hushhh said:

Okay, so my question is does NaDo live in NHM(the chairman's wife)'s closet?

I mean every time NHM gets a piece of information she goes back to (what I think is her bedroom) and NaDo is there.  I'm sure the chairman wouldn't feel right with them sharing a room, so I can only assume that NaDo lives in NHM's closet. 

Best laugh today.

Na Do Jin has to sneak on the chairman`s house to talk with his sister or he just like confined spaces to stay to feel safe. He hides in closet like children when they are playing hide-and-seek. Either way, it shows how imature this man is. I can imagine how chairman would give such a man an executive job at his firm.  No matter that he never proved that he is competent at something.

Now, after Mi Ri and Tae Joo left the house, Na Do jin has breakfast with the chairman and his sister.

I guess, he is confident to leave the closet now. :lol:

“Mother Of Mine” Team To Head Off On Reward Vacation Together

Aug 23, 2019
by J. Lim

c115ca902deb45faa89939747c7a0f78.jpeg?s=

The cast and crew of KBS 2TV’s popular weekend drama “Mother of Mine” will be heading off on a well-deserved reward vacation!

On August 23, a source from the drama confirmed, “Once the drama ends, the team will be heading overseas on a reward vacation as a expression of our gratitude and encouragement.”

They added, “An exact date has not been confirmed yet.” The team is said to be planning on flying to Da Nang, Vietnam for their trip.

“Mother of Mine” tells the story of four mothers and daughters who have formed a love and hate relationship with each other due to the war-like world of their day-to-day lives. It is a drama that is meant to provide comfort to all mothers and daughters, and the drama is highly popular. The highest-recorded nationwide viewership ratings for the drama are 33.5 percent, and the drama recently announced a two-week extension so it will conclude after 108 episodes.

The follow-up to “Mother of Mine” will be “Love is Beautiful, Life is Wonderful” (literal title) and it’s set to premiere in late September.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1347571wpp/mother-of-mine-team-to-head-off-on-reward-vacation-together

Good for them. After working non stop for 8 months it is good that they will be able to relax on a reward vacation together. The trip will be at the end of September. We want pictures. :D

The current korean celebrities messy divorce news (KHS and AJH) kept popping out after the song-song couple, i am NOT here to judge the couple on their failed marriage or anything else. My only hope is that mother of mine drama can conclude with a positive message that can educate the audience (since it is a popular family drama) especially the younger generation, to treat marriage and family life as an on-going homework to practise it. Every relationship is a dynamic mixture of two energies positive and negative ones. Too many negative energies in this drama or in our daily life make the relationship a toxic one and eventually will become abusive, destructive and life destroying. When a relationship turns sour, all the uglies will surface out. 

An interesting article that i read years ago, negative energies are always present in every single relationship, good example : look at our mother of mine involving all the relevant and interlinked character roles.  There tends to be associated with a conflict or argument (negative energy) in a relationship no matter how loving in a relationship, because not all men and women born in the same traits and on same context. But with this little negativity, it helps in creativity and growth to both parties. It’s an effect of the yin–yang principle.

My wishful thinking is that this drama will end with a narrative story telling by MH (the young writer) with an impactful educational message on marriage and family life, rather than a simply comedy ending :)

The majority of articles about Mother of Mine were positive (praising the acting or just sumarizing the episodes) but I found an article that talks about what it doesn`t work in the KBS family drama. I think it is an objective view. I share the opinion of that article.

I really don`t dislike this drama, (It is the only drama that I watched LIVE and it is not even my favorite) but I am a little sad that there could have been something else. (sigh!)

Google translation

Weekend drama 'My Beautifulst Daughter in the World' loses his original intention and drifts only the old-fashioned drama clichés.

AKR20190821056800005_01_i_P2.jpg

Modern society The idea of illuminating a new mother-in-law image has never been seen, and only the common 'bloodline' story remains.
At the beginning of the broadcast, the work seemed to illuminate the different relationships and stories of mother Park Sun-ja (Kim Hae-suk), working mom eldest daughter Kang Mi-sun (Yu-sun), Bae's second daughter Miri (Kim So-yeon), and the cheerful youngest daughter Mi-hye (Kim Ha-kyung).

However, when viewers responded the most to Miri's family history and the Miri-Taeju romance, the work began to get off track. Since the relationship between mother and daughter has been focused on Miri and her mother Jeon In-sook (Myung-gil Choi) rather than her mother-in-law, it has become difficult to distinguish between the mothers.

In the process, Han Jong-soo (Dong-woo) 's incomprehensible words and acts, too typical of Na Hye-mi (Kang Sung-yeon), the twisted romance of Miri and Tae-ju, seemed to see a popular drama in the 1990s, and viewers began to escape.

Romance missing, the company's working mom Miseon, the conflict between widows, and the romance of Mihye and Woojin (Ki Tae-young) are depicted as sideways, but they are also not convincing.

The broadcaster selects the face of 'My Prettiest Daughter in the World' as a mismatch between the director and the writer.

Yoon Seok-jin, professor and drama critic at Chungnam National University, said on the 24th, " Jo Jung-Sun is strong in comical dramas, PD Kim Jong-chang is good at authentic melo." "Heavy remains while dragging."

In fact, Cho's previous works, 'Sister-in-law' (2007 ~ 2008), 'Sol Pharmacy House's Sons' (2009), etc. can be seen as part of the popular and pleasant.

Kim PD, on the other hand, has created works of completely different colors, such as 'Rosy Life' (2005) and 'Hateful Again' (2009). Jeon In-sook of 'The Most Beautiful Girl in the World' reminds me of one of the people in 'Hate Again.'

As 'My most beautiful daughter in the world' was running for the last episodes, KBS foretells the appearance of Sunwoo Young-ae (Kim Mi-sook), a stern mother character as well as a sequel to `` Love is a beautiful, life is Wonderful. ''

Prof. Yoon said, "If you don't go beyond the stereotypes, prejudice and prejudice of mother-daughter relationships that you talked about in traditional weekend dramas, no matter how different storylines can be presented, you won't be able to capture reality by emphasizing your blood." 

https://www.yna.co.kr/view/AKR20190821056800005

Definetly, the writer could have written a better story for all the characters. I won`t watch the next family drama that follows Mother of Mine.(maybe a little to see if my prediction are right). It is a family drama but it will be a romantic comedy and not a melodrama. The characters (and the couples) seeams to have a story on their own, I feel that they are dynamic and not stuck on the same frame. Good luck for them!

Ep 89&90

It was good to see In Sook confronting the Chairman and later Mi Ri. It was about time that they will face this man. I think Mi Ri asked him to give them Hansung Apparel.

Nice scene with Tae Joo and Mi Ri eating the cake. :D

It was funny when Woo Jin dialed all the missed calls from his phone and realised that all are from people around Mi Hye. He realised that she was calling him from different phones.:lol: I also like that he offered Sun ja to take her to the hospital. (I think)

It was good to see Jae Bum going out on a date. Finally he is on the right track. 

I also liked that Jung Dae-Cheol, Mi Sun`s father in law, keeps himself busy.

Poor Sun ja. :tears:

Preview

3 hours ago, foreverempress said:

Two-week extension...Why? 

To cash in on the high rating?

This drama weaves back and forth between the believable and wishful thinking. So it becomes ridiculous many times.

17 hours ago, larus said:

Poor Sun ja. :tears:

SJ died? This is really unnecessary.  

1 hour ago, maribella said:

This drama weaves back and forth between the believable and wishful thinking. So it becomes ridiculous many times.

SJ died? This is really unnecessary.  

Totally unnecessary, unless there is a miracle or the illness is not lung cancer. The writer/PD need not choose this route to end the drama. Very pathetic.

MR seems to be the only person who can "handle" the chairman. She is able to give strong rebuttals. I think the chairman is deliberately crazy in this drama, to add unpredictability.

39 minutes ago, melissa_lee said:

Totally unnecessary, unless there is a miracle or the illness is not lung cancer. The writer/PD need not choose this route to end the drama. Very pathetic.

MR seems to be the only person who can "handle" the chairman. She is able to give strong rebuttals. I think the chairman is deliberately crazy in this drama, to add unpredictability.

Don't you wonder how he built the company into a corporation? He is volatile, he is easily influenced and worst, he is easily fooled by his young wife.

Unless he inherited it.

7 hours ago, foreverempress said:

Two-week extension...Why? 

3 hours ago, maribella said:

I already said my opinion. It is the same.

Mother of Mine was extended not because of high ratings but because the next drama is not ready to air yet. This happened with Mother of Mine as well. It was pushed back airing a few weeks and My Only One was extended with 6 episodes. My Only One had  higher ratings than Mother of Mine  but it was not extended because of that. KBS weekend drama has higher ratings anyway. I am sure the next drama will do good in ratings too.

I remember that the casting of Mother of Mine was announced late, they changed the PD, they start filming late. Now, we see that the filming schedules are very tight. The new drama has to have a few episodes filmed before the drama starts airing. That`s what I think.

2 hours ago, melissa_lee said:

It was unnecessary to give Sun ja a deadly sentence. I know it is life, people are getting sick all the time in real life but I think once again the writer chose this route because of lazy/ uninspired writing.

She did not have many ideas to begin with. We saw how she has improvised to fill the last half of her drama. I don`t understand why she did not give Sun ja a health scare and not a deadly verdict. It is a soap opera anyway. At least, the drama would have ended on a good note for everyone.

The "villians" of this drama are pathetic but they, at least, will have a better ending.

1 hour ago, maribella said:

Don't you wonder how he built the company into a corporation? He is volatile, he is easily influenced and worst, he is easily fooled by his young wife.

Unless he inherited it.

I think the chairman is deliberately crazy in this drama, to add unpredictability.

From what he said he built it. Yeah, totally unbelievable. The writer distroyed his character throughout the series . It started OK but what the writer forgot that  actions speak volumes about a character. The writer put on him the abandonment of Mi Ri (when it did make any sense to separate a mother from her daughter), he became a fool when his younger wife came in the picture, we saw how poorly he handled the relatives of In Sook and Na Hye Mi over the years. He is not dangerous because other characters are telling us that he is.   

I can`t take him serious anymore. He just yells. Sorry, but he became a caricature.

Of course, the heroes need antagonists. The writer creats unpredictability adding villians, or other conflicts or situations to overcome. I love when a show give me strong and complexed villians. It was not a case in this drama.

I am glad that Mi Ri was portrayed as a strong woman and the writer did not weaken her much.  She is capable woman, who work hard on her own to get to the top but she did not have really obstacles. Na Hye Mi and her brother? :lol:

Two incompetent siblings. What assets Na Hye Mi has other than being young and beautiful? She has power in the family because she influences the Chariman. For that, her husband has to became a fool.

It is hard for me to believe that they have people who will follow them in Hansung Group. I know there are opportunistic people out there but I am sure they will follow strong/ powerful people not just a title.

Archived