Quantcast
larus

[Current Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸 - Sat & Sun @ 19:55 KST

I have reached my irritation limit with Mi Hye... she acts like such a child and it is not attractive. Her boyfriend should just go ahead and dump her especially after looking at the previews. 

I think I will stop watching this drama until the last week

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 8/11/2019 at 12:18 PM, larus said:

Hide contents

So, the picture is recent. We`ll see when Mi Ri will wear this suit. :D

Saw MR in this suit in ep88 preview. The gap between filming and broadcast is indeed close. Is this the norm for kdramas?

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)
  • Like 1

I didn't watch it with subs earlier and I honestly thought it was one of the better episodes. In that issues were out in the open. Other than that no comments. Although I was surprised that the WJ- MH romance hit a roadblock so soon. And man it was sure funny when MS husband went to collect her things. I really laughed at her colleagues impression of him.

I have 3 other weekend dramas I am watching how so the weekend dramas watching keeps me pretty occupied. So this drama is kinda no 4. Even Golden Garden was hilariousmy makjang today. And man the cleavage today... wow.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I love these two parts of ep 43 today.

One was the TJ/MR reconciliation, his confession/apology delivery was a well written speech. Any woman would certainly forgive him after hearing his confession.

One was the family voting scene for MH, the final vote results came out was a combination name of WJ/JB, it was really funny. :w00t:

MH childish act became a concern for her family members, and thus they created a family voting scene for a comedy effect. I did not focus too much on MH/WJ/JB storyline but at this moment, I see MH was the one who kept giving in the couple relationship. She was daring enough to confess her feeling. Love is blind so only her family members can access it better. The more you stop her or giving her genuine advice, the more we can see her rebellious and goes the opposite way. My own sister is a good example. i think MH should spend more time with WJ to see whether he is a suitable man for her. Because only time will tell. 

In this drama, we know that MH will go with WJ eventually, but in real life, do you choose someone who loves and cares for you more, or someone whom you love him more. Most will answer : go with your heart !!! Whether to go with one's heart, I think it is still lie with the person's character and her family background. It's hard to see a well balance in a couple relationship. One party may give more, while another party keeps receiving it, it's only both parties willing to give and take and change along the way to achieve a balance relationship and this is a on-going homework for all couples (us) to learn and practise.  :)

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

51 minutes ago, lebeaucouple said:

I love these two parts of ep 43 today.

One was the TJ/MR reconciliation, his confession/apology delivery was a well written speech. Any woman would certainly forgive him after hearing his confession.

One was the family voting scene for MH, the final vote results came out was a combination name of WJ/JB, it was really funny. :w00t:

I want to add that I like the MR/IS conversation. Finally the two can sit down and talk without shouting at each other. And you can feel that they are awkard with each other, and MR was frank about it. I still dont like IS telling MR that she might have to let go of TJ. But I really like MR's response.

• Like 4

I'm curious if they are setting SJ up to die.

Any character that talks about living for the next 50 years is almost setting themselves up for an early death.

Also SJ takes to her bed over the smallest obstacle in her daughters' lives.

• Like 1

I have been skipping some episodes so please pardon my question...

How did TJ find out MR is pregnant?

• Like 1

Yeah I don't know too how did to knew any the baby. Does Is told him? Or when in the hospital,  he made her be checked? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hushhh said:

I'm curious if they are setting SJ up to die.

Any character that talks about living for the next 50 years is almost setting themselves up for an early death.

Also SJ takes to her bed over the smallest obstacle in her daughters' lives.

Me too. That cough is uncharacteristic of her. I never thought they would kill anyone but IS. In another show, the same IS actress was killed - cannot remember how- and her heart was transplanted into another nasty character.

Are they going to get MH pregnant? Her having their little private celebration. I would not marry a doormat  like JB but trying to get a man who is not ready for commitment for whatever reason is looking for marriage trouble. 

• Like 5

It occurs to me, of all the people [IS, TJ, and Miri] who were trying to support IS's family Miri was the most kind.  She provided a them with a avenue towards independence, instead of continued dependency.

I hope that TJ has learned his lesson [even though it looks as if he has not from last episode] that even the "good" uncle is dangerous because his weakness makes him untrustworthy.

The Westerner in me makes me want to hear TJ call Miri "Miri" instead of Sunbae or Ms. Kang.

• Like 4

@hushhh he did one "yeobo" yesterday instead of " sunbae." Then it was back to normal.

Man this MH thing is a bit much. Even I don't want to date her now. They really shouldn't cast that actress. She can yell but her words aren't convincing. WJ sounded sincere. MH just came off as extremely childish and immature.

I am now going back to my other weekend dramas. Been so busy yesterday still need to catch up on 5hrs of drama.

No comment on the other scenes. Even though SJ being asked to go to a big hospital with a guardian is a big hint for the upcoming episodes. Sigh. Didn't peer too closely at the CXR if the writer actually found an x-ray with a tumour or not.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, marypots08 said:

How did TJ find out MR is pregnant?

It was not explicit. I can only guess that TJ overheard MR/IS at the bridge.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, hushhh said:

The Westerner in me makes me want to hear TJ call Miri "Miri" instead of Sunbae or Ms. Kang.

Me too. I prefer TJ called MR "yeobo" rather than "Sunbaek", it's a closer in relationship. To me, Sunbaek is too formal and respect term. However, it is still better than the chairman wife called "honey" and the sound seems awkward to hear due to her pronunciation became "horny". :w00t::lol:

It seems that the story goes into a better direction now after watching the latest EP. I can fully understand why IS and MR wanted TJ to be heir of the Company so badly. They both invested the empire with so much time and effort (especially MR has been there for 10 years), they won't allow others to destroy it overnight. My only concern is MR pregnancy, hope chairman wife doesn't create trouble for MR once she found out that MR got pregnant.

There may be more crying scenes after knowing SJ's severe illness, hope it's nothing critical.

1 hour ago, melissa_lee said:

It was not explicit. I can only guess that TJ overheard MR/IS at the bridge.

I also have the same thought. Either the film editor missed out this part, or perhaps there was a scene that TJ found the pregnancy test kit in their bathroom when he was back home..:D

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, lebeaucouple said:

There may be more crying scenes after knowing SJ's severe illness, hope it's nothing critical.

I will hate it if the drama ends this way. I also hope that it's nothing critical.

In the preview IS is seeing the chairman. She looks confident. Wonder if she still has any cards up her sleeve?

Poor MS! She thought her problems are insurmountable when she is working. Now that she is not working, she is facing a different set of problems. Life is certainly not a bed or roses.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

Me too. I prefer TJ called MR "yeobo" rather than "Sunbaek", it's a closer in relationship. To me, Sunbaek is too formal and respect term. However, it is still better than the chairman wife called "honey" and the sound seems awkward to hear due to her pronunciation became "horny". :w00t::lol:

It seems that the story goes into a better direction now after watching the latest EP. I can fully understand why IS and MR wanted TJ to be heir of the Company so badly. They both invested the empire with so much time and effort (especially MR has been there for 10 years), they won't allow others to destroy it overnight. My only concern is MR pregnancy, hope chairman wife doesn't create trouble for MR once she found out that MR got pregnant.

I also have the same thought. Either the film editor missed out this part, or perhaps there was a scene that TJ found the pregnancy test kit in their bathroom when he was back home..:D

TJ could not have overheard at the bridge because his car had not pulled up until after MR said she was pregnant.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, calledtoteach said:

TJ could not have overheard at the bridge because his car had not pulled up until after MR said she was pregnant.

Yes, our guessing only, what would you suggest? I thought it is highly likely that the film editor missed out or cut the scene out accidentally and that's why we have so many Question mark ?that raised in this forum. :w00t::lol: . Anyway the end result is still desirable because we want TJ to find out soon and they got reconciled eventually, sooner than we expected, rather than to drag further....:D

• Like 5

A few thoughts...

TJ proved why he desperately needs MR these last two episodes. One bad conversation with evil dad and he quit and gave up his heir to the company? I was like dude what are you doing. You hold ALL of the cards. The Chairman cannot harass his wife or let out the truth of her and IS's relationship because he wants to protect the company more than anything. TJ moving out was a great idea, but I would not have relinquished rights to anything. Poor MR, she can't even have a few weeks rest into her pregnancy because she has to go and save her husband's place in the company. 

HM and her brother are as ignorant as they come. She actually believes THEY can run the company until her son (who may not even want to work for Hansung) gets old enough? As if anybody can walk into a huge conglomerate and run it with no experience, education or connections. The ignorance is just laughable. We may as well prepare ourselves because the truth about MR and IS is going to come out and it will be because of the Han's. 

HM deserves whatever loneliness awaits her. I do agree that she shouldn't be with JB, however, she is handling her involvement with WJ extremely poorly. Even with little dating experience, act like a grown-up. Be respectful of the fact that he has burned. It's not just that he had a failed marriage, that lady betrayed him. Being in another romance is going to be difficult for him. She is such a child about all of this. Now, she wants WJ to treat her the way that JB did. First of all, JB has 10+ years of knowing her and her family under his belt. She and WJ have known each other for what 2-3 months? And already, she is discussing marriage??? Please make it stop.

MS is getting exactly what she deserves. She should have known her MIL would try to take advantage of the fact that she is no longer working. They are seriously going to have to move. JS is a bafoon, at work and at home. If he keeps being such a brown nose at work, he and MS will surely be in the poor house. Well, know we are full makjang. SJ is sick and it is clear that the illness is serious. So it will probably be that everyone will start to get their act together before she leaves or gets better. I just hope MH doesn't use her mom's illness to pressure WJ into marrying her. Then, she will be beyond forgiveness.

• Like 4

On 8/18/2019 at 5:09 AM, melissa_lee said:

Saw MR in this suit in ep88 preview. The gap between filming and broadcast is indeed close. Is this the norm for kdramas?

I was right. Unfortunatly, the majority of kdramas have the filming scredules so tight. The cast and crew are working so hard with little time for rest. That`s why there are sometimes editing problems. I will say probably the editing did not realised that they cut a scene where Tae Joo found out that his wife is pregnant. 

Sometimes not all the crew are get even paid for the hard work they have made and there are cases when not even all the actors are paid. That`s why ity is good for dramas to have good rating.

There were many articles that mentioned the working enviroment of Korean dramas. I am glad that they are starting to film more pre produced dramas as well.

I am very tired right now (but I managed to watched the last two episodes)and I won`t comment much about them . What I want to say is that I am glad that the writer gave Mi Ri her strenght back. It is alright if she has hesitated slightly, she is a tought woman and she is back on the right track. 

From the preview, I like that In Sook seems that she left the self pity party and she will go see the chairman.

I think Tae Joo was right that he left the house, but I am ambivalent about his decision to quit. I understand why he did it, His father was presuring him to divorce Mi Ri and he gave him a strong message that she is willing to quit being the heir of Hansung Group than leaving Mi Ri. I bet it hurts Chairman to hear him saying that he is wishing him to live well with his wife and the youngest son. But I wish he will fight a little more about his rights. His father  has not officially disowned him. 

I also think that Chairman is blinded by his ego. He really think Mi Ri and In sook have comploted together to take his fortune? Please!!!!

In Sook was right. It will be hard for the Chairman to fire her from the company. She could give him a hard time if he will fire her without a good reason. I just worried that Mi Ri is pregnant and she doesn`t need all this stress. I still don`t think it will be such a bid deal if the public will know the truth about Mi Ri and In Sook personal connection. 

To give the power to useless Na Do Jin was a stupid move. The chairman is patethic if he doesn`t have any other man to give him such possition. He really think he will do a good job this time? Please!!!!

Mi Hye.... such a imature girl. The family vote was so silly and it was funny. I like how Woo Jin explained to Mi Hye that he can think of marriage right now and she still insist.

I knew that the financial problems will grow for Mi sun`s family once she quitted the job. Let see how they will resolve thisn problem.

Sun Ja... I hate when the illness trop is being used all of the sudden in family dramas. I know that Sun Ja has a serious problem. I just wish is not a fatal diagnosis (terminal cancer) or something like that. THis show doesn`t need this makjang in the end of the series. I really hope the writer will give Sun ja a good ending.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, nubianlegalmind said:

Now, she wants WJ to treat her the way that JB did. First of all, JB has 10+ years of knowing her and her family under his belt. She and WJ have known each other for what 2-3 months? And already, she is discussing marriage??? Please make it stop. 

:)

I also thought that MH acts in her usual hysterical way, because the only man she  knew, JB, accepted and endured all her whims, but WJ is not like JB at all.
WJ is right, it's too soon to even think about marriage. They didn't had a decent date yet, non of them is ready to such a commitment, not to mention that his previous experience is a painful one.
On the other hand MH is insecure because she is the initiator of the so called relationship they have, and frankly WJ never made a step in her direction out of his own will, he kinda was dragged in it. He confessed that he liked her, and hugged her twice, but only as a response to the first step she made.
So now MH asks herself if WJ really likes her or not, she would accept any kind of commitment even if in the end it would be broken, just to make her feel more secure.
But WJ isn't the guy who is not keeping his promises, he is a man of honor, that's why he wants to be sure that his choices are the correct ones.
Unfortunately MH and her whole family will have soon another main priority... SJ's  illness will probably shake them from the roots.

5 hours ago, nubianlegalmind said:

I just hope MH doesn't use her mom's illness to pressure WJ into marrying her. Then, she will be beyond forgiveness.

Or, JB might have his chance after all (if he still wants it) , once MH decides to please her mother and accept him. She is unstable enough to change her mind quickly. Who knows? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, larus said:

I am very tired right now (but I managed to watched the last two episodes)and I won`t comment much about them . What I want to say is that I am glad that the writer gave Mi Ri her strenght back. It is alright if she has hesitated slightly, she is a tought woman and she is back on the right track. 

From the preview, I like that In Sook seems that she left the self pity party and she will go see the chairman.

I think Tae Joo was right that he left the house, but I am ambivalent about his decision to quit. I understand why he did it, His father was presuring him to divorce Mi Ri and he gave him a strong message that she is willing to quit being the heir of Hansung Group than leaving Mi Ri. I bet it hurts Chairman to hear him saying that he is wishing him to live well with his wife and the youngest son. But I wish he will fight a little more about his rights. His father  has not officially disowned him. 

I also think that Chairman is blinded by his ego. He really think Mi Ri and In sook have comploted together to take his fortune? Please!!!!

In Sook was right. It will be hard for the Chairman to fire her from the company. She could give him a hard time if he will fire her without a good reason. I just worried that Mi Ri is pregnant and she doesn`t need all this stress. I still don`t think it will be such a bid deal if the public will know the truth about Mi Ri and In Sook personal connection. 

To give the power to useless Na Do Jin was a stupid move. The chairman is patethic if he doesn`t have any other man to give him such possition. He really think he will do a good job this time? Please!!!!

I agree. All along I have thought that the fact that MR is IS's daughter from a previous marriage is not a big deal to the outside world. It is only a big deal for the Chairman who pictured it as IS's plot to cheat him of his fortune. But he is stupid enough not to suspect NHM.

Things are looking up for MR (except for the SJ part) because she is getting good support from IS and TJ. Hopefully living under the same roof will help IS and MR to work and improve on their relationship and I think that's the writer's intent.

• Like 2