[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

4 hours ago, maribella said:

HM here calls her husband 'horny'.  :relaxed: Well she lives there for many years if not an American citizen.

Hye Mi is calling him "Honey" but I think "Horny" is much better for Chairman Han. :w00t:

He is so old but he has a wife almost the same age as his son Tae Joo, like TJ has already mentioned to his father. I like that Tae Joo told him some other things about him but Han Jong Soo doesn`t take the true things about him very well. We all saw his temper tamtrum. Chairman Han fired his son on the spot and his wife and her brother are jubilating. 

I don`t know what to think about Han Jong Soo anymore. He is choleric man (but after he calms down I hope he comes to his senses), stubborn, cunning or he just masked his weaknesses very well? I did not see him very determined in a few situations. He was gullible in other situations. His young wife manipulates him very well.

About Mi Sun.... Her mother in law talked about how there are so many women in her situation, who wants to balance their career and personal life well.

Jin Soo did not want a second baby, he wanted to make his wife not to quit her job. :D Maybe Jin Soo will be more responsable now that he is the only breadwinner of the family.

I know that raising a child is not easy and it was hard for Mi Sun to be a mom and a career woman when her husband did not help her at all. Many families turn to grandparents for help and it is hard for them sometimes as they are tired, old... I am glad that the drama adresses these issue but I don`t sensed that Mi Sun was in a terrible situation. I was thinking that Mi Sun is still lucky. She had a good job and in the end, her family, even her mother in law, was supportive.  I know that in Korea there is a problem for mothers to keep their jobs, or for pregnant women to keep their jobs even when they are very qualified.  It is hard for them to be hired as well.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, angelwingssf said:

How about the one who calls 'Honey' in front of him and old-coot behind his back.  I like NHM acting .  

If you like NHM's acting try to watch the movie King and the Clown, she's really good there.

For this drama she joined only half-way so the impact is not so great. But I can imagine if she were around from day 1 how evil she could be.

22 hours ago, melissa_lee said:

I just finished watching raw ep 84, cannot understand most of it. But bravo MR, she did not bail out. 

I like this scene the best - in front of the hotel MR said "a-ni-yo" and drove to Chairman's house. You can see her strong resolution. I hope this is carried in future episodes. 

Kdrama Fashion

Spoiler

7 hours ago, melissa_lee said:

I like this scene the best - in front of the hotel MR said "a-ni-yo" and drove to Chairman's house. You can see her strong resolution. I hope this is carried in future episodes. 

I loved the moment too because it was what I was waiting for Mi Ri to do. I wish she will confront the chairman and not feel guilty at all. Yes, it was not nice that she did not tell the truth but she should have told the truth to Tae Joo not the Chairman who is directly responsable for her abandonment.

15 hours ago, larus said:

What? They vote for that? It is a joke! OMG!  Even if Jae Bum is popular in her family, how could they think it is OK to decide whom Mi Hye will chose as a boyfriend? And how could Mi Hye will agree with his stupidity? If she will break up with Woo jin because of this vote she is more imature than I thought.

It is ridiculous anyway, but in this drama when you are thinking that you've seen it all, another ridiculous thing it's just around the corner. JB said to WJ that he can't win against him in a family vote, we thought it is stupid to have a vote about that, but here it is.
I don't know if MH can do anything about or against the vote, because in that family they always  do what SJ says or wants, whiteout doubt. Like I said before, only MR doesn't follow SJ's decisions blindly, and MH rebels against them sometimes. I think MH knows perfectly that her family's preference is JB, but she can't calm down her mother otherwise, now when she is furious about the rejected proposal. Anyway SJ said that she won't loose. We will see...
Another thing that might happen, is MH to leave the house, SJ told her to do that if she's going to live in the way she wants, I don't see her accepting JB forced by her family.
There are some cultures in the world were the girl can't choose the man she will marry, they don't ask her, is a contract signed by the parent and that's it, but this is a modern day family in Korea, how can this happen?
Another thing we found out about is that MH is not young. Really at 31 years a woman is old? If they say 31 it is 30 years in the west, because in Korea they usually add a year more.:blink:

That dictator chairman should be left alone with the Na clan, to see his life's work HS Group
devoured by them. All dictators believe that they own the world, but in the end, they are just some coward people who inevitably fall down.

25 minutes ago, denise_b said:

Another thing that might happen, is MH to leave the house, SJ told her to do that if she's going to live in the way she wants, I don't see her accepting JB forced by her family.

I don`t see how Sun ja will force Mi Hye to marry someone she doesn`t want. It is a pot device to by some time. Now that even Sun ja accepted Woo Jin eventually, and Jae Bum out of the picture, Woo Jin and Mi Hye could grow their relationship just fine. Mi Hye could leave the house too.

Sun ja is a drama Queen and often exagerates things but she is not unreasonable.I think she really cares about Jae Bum like a son she never had. She will get over it.

I wish Sun Ja will meet a man and have some other concerns than her daughters or the restaurant.

1 hour ago, melissa_lee said:

That had been what she was like for most of the episodes, only in the last few that the writer turned into a sighing lethargic character, and not because of her pregnancy.

She and Tae Joo will take over Han Sung and She cannot be a pushover

3 hours ago, larus said:

ye Mi is calling him "Honey" but I think "Horny" is much better for Chairman Han. :w00t:

I knew that but it sounded 'horny' to me. She is supposed to be able to speak English, so just a word, make her repeat it 50,100 times to make it right. 

On second thoughts, maybe she meant it that way.:lol:

In the other episode when she did not get her way, she told him not to come to her bed. Ptui, ptui....

OKAYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I am so glad that JB finally gave up. His proposal to MH was as pathetic as one would expect from him. "I will never make your heart flutter, but I will always be there". And he wonders why she never swooned over him? Dude needs to learn how to love himself enough to expect love back from someone else. This whole ruse of him being perfectly okay being in a one-sided relationship is just too pitiful for words. I just wish SJ would accept it. She is the one that is in love with JB, not her daughter. Her and the uncle are so annoying with how they are trying to force this girl to be with JB. However, once again MH needs to grow up. Her lack of maturity is the biggest reason they don't trust her to make her own decision re: her love life.

I am officially done with MS. She is too selfish and too stupid to be anyone's mother. I get it, she feels guilty because EVERYBODY tried to warn her about the babysitter and she didn't listen because she didn't want to take the time to find someone else. But, this is NOT it. She and her husband are already stretched financially. Then she goes and quits her job so that they are now strained and depending on one income. MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!!! I have even grown tolerable of her husband who seems to be willing to help out and work with her in raising their daughter. She is just unbelievable. Literally no one supports her in this dumb decision and in the long run, she is going to be wrong yet again. I am done.

Poor MR. Here she is out here alone trying to keep the company afloat, support her husband and now carry a child, with her entire future hanging on by a thread. I almost feel like TJ isn't good enough for her. We already know IS isn't good enough. Now MR has to save her from suicide because IS is now realizing her decision to be comfortable by joining that family comes with these ridiculous consequences. The chairman is one of those people that will always hang any help he has given someone over their head as a way to control. I laughed out loud at him sending his henchman to go get her from the countryside. What is he a mafia boss now? He's like 100 years old! And he is putting all of this angry energy into IS, MR and TJ, when the real snake is tucking him in at night. At this point, I hope his wife runs off with half his fortune, because he is dumb. HM thinks she has it made now that the secret is out, but then what? Is she going to run the company? Her brother? They are useless. That company would be bankrupt before the year is out. Too many stupid people, not enough time.

On 8/12/2019 at 10:27 AM, angelwingssf said:

How about the one who calls 'Honey' in front of him and old-coot behind his back.  I like NHM acting .  

Yes, she can act but I will put her in my 2nd category probably due to her emotional facial expression is not as good as the chairman Han's in multi-dimensional scale.:lol:

For NHM's brother, i just found it hard to believe he is a veteran actor because his acting was too "exaggerating", overdoing it, (someone in this forum also mentioned that) he was trying so hard to act like a bad guy in this drama. If you recall or flash back the past ep, most of the time, the camera zoom in to NHM face instead of her brother when both of them were in conversation. Or he bully MR's subordinates in office. I noticed it many times, I think the camera man may be also found that he was "overdoing" it....:w00t::w00t:

“Hotel Del Luna” Surpasses 10 Percent Ratings For 1st Time + “Watcher” Also Hits New Personal Best

Aug 12, 2019
by J. Lim

Meanwhile, “Mother of Mine” continues to be the most-watched weekend drama, with the latest episode reaching 26.9 percent and 31.7 percent in ratings across its two parts. This is a rise from the previous episode, which scored at 21.8 percent and 27.7 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1344885wpp/hotel-del-luna-surpasses-10-percent-ratings-for-1st-time-watcher-also-hits-new-personal-best

36 minutes ago, nubianlegalmind said:

I laughed out loud at him sending his henchman to go get her from the countryside. What is he a mafia boss now? He's like 100 years old! And he is putting all of this angry energy into IS, MR and TJ, when the real snake is tucking him in at night.

I laughed too. I was surprised. It looked like his henchmen work for a loan shark, terrorizing people in the neighborhood.

I can`t use the words he deserves to talk about this pathetic Chairman. He is ridiculous! I remember how he proclaimed that he knows how to read people but he can`t read his wife. I know he knows about her but he want to fool himself that he doesn`t know.

I don`t know if I remember corectly the scene but he asked timidly what his wife would do to him when Mi Ri removed her lousy siblings from the company. He knew they are useless and corupt but he didn`t do anything  about it.  He tolerated them for being a coward. Same with In Sook`s family. But now, he was angry that they lied to him all this years, that they treated him like a fool. Well... The truth hurts. :lol:

And he bullies the only decent people around him,Tae Joo, Mi Ri and In Sook,  the people he should really trust because they demonstrated it by their actions not by words. He should be grateful to them. 

21 minutes ago, larus said:

“Hotel Del Luna” Surpasses 10 Percent Ratings For 1st Time + “Watcher” Also Hits New Personal Best

Oh i love this drama, "Watcher" , really worth watching it. Still guessing who is the murderer...so thrilling...

This drama is even better than Justice. :D

10 minutes ago, lebeaucouple said:

Oh i love this drama, "Watcher" , really worth watching it. Still guessing who is the murderer...so thrilling...

I am not watching Justice, but  Yes, Watcher is a very good thriller.:D How I wish SoYeon will play in a good psychological thriller! 

She is thanking her fans for the gifts.

10 minutes ago, larus said:

Yes, Watcher is a very good thriller.:D How I wish SoYeon will play in a good psychological thriller! 

Agreed. The lawyer in Watcher acted very well. I believe KSY can play well on this lawyer role too. I am also counting down the episodes for Mother of mine...I really wish this drama end soon...hoping KSY can take up another challenging role, in a fast pace and thriller drama. I hope she can take up a drama role in OCN channel because only this channel usually broadcast thriller drama on weekends slot. :D

1 hour ago, lebeaucouple said:

I believe KSY can play well on this lawyer role too.

I want to see her playing an asemblewoman someday. :D

My favorite role of Choi Myoung-Gil was in Punch. Strong woman!  I only saw her in Punch and Marry Him If You Dare. I wish the writer would have give her a better role in Mother of Mine. Maybe in the last part of the drama, we`ll see a stronger In Sook. I wish she and Mi Ri would stay strong against the old fool.

The young actress playing Seung Yeon is cute.

In Sook said to her .. "the prettiest daughter in the world". I wish Mi Ri will smile like that again.

Just started this yesterday....and got sucked right in. I'm on ep 23.

Can anyone give me a heads up as to when it started going downhill....coz right now everything looks good writing wise and all.

So reading the comments here, I'm preparing myself for when the writer went blank and started writing nonsense plots. 

Also has KBS changed the format of their weekend dramas....looking at the 30 mins time length, I first thought it was a morning daily. I couldn't believe that all these actors...KHS KSY, CMG, etc were doing dailies now.

KSY needs to get out of this family drama type casting hole she has dug herself into....or is that all she is being offered after she got married? What a pity.

And HJH....watching him after such a long time. These kids from White Christmas are so talented but are such late bloomers. 

1 hour ago, dito said:

So reading the comments here, I'm preparing myself for when the writer went blank and started writing nonsense plots. 

I think it is better if you started late and have almost all the episodes available.

I can`t say when (maybe the second part) but it is still watchable.

1 hour ago, dito said:

KSY needs to get out of this family drama type casting hole she has dug herself into....or is that all she is being offered after she got married? What a pity.

I KNOW.  I think she has only these offers lately. How I wish she will do another genre dramas but I am thankful that she still has work. Other actresses are not even that lucky and they have a new role after two, three years or more.

On 8/13/2019 at 2:10 AM, larus said:

The young actress playing Seung Yeon is cute.

In Sook said to her .. "the prettiest daughter in the world". I wish Mi Ri will smile like that again.

After 80 odd episodes, we now know the show is about IS and MR, but why the heck give so much screen time to other stories?

What are we going to see for the next 12-15 hours? Now that IS' family does not have access to her money, will they and that horrible grandmother descend on IS? That would be the worst punishment she could get. :crazy:

Archived