Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

1 hour ago, melissa_lee said:

Is this coffee truck photo current? Judging from her hair length vs what we are watching now (ep 83), ep 83 could be filmed a month ago at least. Does anyone know whether the filming has finished? Just curious what is the gap between filming and broadcast.

I don`t think they have a month gap between filming and airing episodes. I say 2 weeks maximum.

Soyeon`s hair lenght in the photo is recent. I saw pictures from two days ago and she has the hair like that. 

55 minutes ago, maribella said:

So how did the old coot get involved with this or the Joen leeches for that matter? Tonight, We will see how much MR can help TJ, after all she married him to give him protection. Oh really? She is bailing out at the first sign.

In Sook gave Sun ja the money and she did not involved her good for nothing family but the fool chairman gave them the money to "get rid" of a six years old girl as well, to be send to US. Not only that, he gave them lots of money to keep him updated and they lied to him for so many years. :w00t::w00t:

He continued to let himself be fooled by lousy people because he was incapable to put his foot down when faces such people. And why sent a girl so far away? Why she could not be raised in South Korea? He thought that he had to isolate In Sook completly? If there was an adoption, why give In Sook`s family money for so many years? For what information? If was not an adoption, where she was supposted to be sent?

And now... after so many years, he will be angry that In Sook`s daughter is so close to him. She is his daughter in law. The irony of faith. :w00t: And why he is angy now with Mi Ri, his victim in all this? Because he is the bigest fool in the world? Just seing Chairman Han throwing temper tamtrums now is making me sick. I am glad that he finally knows the truth. I wish Mi Ri to stay in front of him with her head up, to look him straight in his eyes. Why she has to put her head down? It is too frustrating to watch all this.

And yeah... where is the brave woman who resolves any company crisis? She married TJ to protect him from Na Hye Mi and her brother but she can`t say a word in front of them now? She is too guilty like she commited a despicable crime?? And now that the crisis arrived (she knew this will come) she is running away? Ridiculous! She is doing what In Sook is doing. Wake me up when Mi Ri will stop this poor me stunt. Why the writer has to ruin her character in the end of the show?

What did I say? I say that I will not comment any further about this "crisis" storyline. :w00t:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The new OST

Mother of Mine OST part 11

Joo Hyun-mi is sining a new song for Mother of Mine named 'Lettering in the sunset'/` Sunset Letters` . It is a beautiful ballad.

201908110972799399_1.jpg

'Lettering in the sunset' is a song expressing the desire to reach out to the sunset by writing a letter of longing and sorrow for unforgettable love.

This OST was born with the delicate production of Kim Jong-cheol composer and music director Ant. The guitarist Lee Joon-hwa's exotic acoustic guitar playing and the loneliness of the melody add to the song's sadness. Joo Hyun-mi's singing power and expressive ability express the feelings of lyrics.

https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/2019081170544

Spoiler

Lyrics written by Kim Jong-Chang
Composed by Kim Jong Chul

Singer - Joo Hyun-mi

Lyrics

Sunset Letters

Evening red than flowers
I'm sweeping my shoulders
There's no place to stay
I call you

Remember me Remember me
My love sorrow sadness
Remember me Remember me
I can't say anything more than love

Evening red than flowers
Shaking me tired
My heart has lost its place to go
I call you

I will remember
Time with you
I will remember
Not even one sadness

Evening red than flowers
I care about my sick day
Find a place to stay
Even if I call you

On the lakeshore
Only the scent of gardenia
Morning star shining at the end of the night sky
Ask me
Ask me
Have your last prayer

(Google translate)

It looks like the lyrics are written by Kim Jong Chang. Is the PD the writer of these lyrics or it is a coincidence of names? It was a Google translation. We`ll see.

I might not like In Sook`s storyline but Choi Myoung-Gil always delivered in her role. The production chose well to release this song for In Sook`s scene.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2019.8.10 "Prettiest Daughter in the World" Photo taken by So-yeon`s fans
Source: Kim So Yeon DC Gallery

Spoiler

So, the picture is recent. We`ll see when Mi Ri will wear this suit. :D

• Like 1

I just finished watching raw ep 84, cannot understand most of it. But bravo MR, she did not bail out. 

• Like 1

I watched Live ep 83-84

I think I liked this episode for different reasons.

First, I am glad that In Sook is fine. I laughed when Chairman `Han`s men grabbed her and took out of the water. Just in time they came. Later In Sook talked with Chairman and I like that she told him some things. I did not undertood anything but he was not happy. Good.

I am so glad that Mi Ri decided to go to Chairman `s house to face the situation and not hide anymore. Yay! I am wake now! :w00t: It was good that she saw In Sook and followed her. Finally, she stopped her biological mother to jump from the bridge. They hugged and cry. They both needed that moment. 

I don`t know what we`ll happen next but I don`t think they will support Chairman Han`s unreasonable treatment anymore. I hope so. No matter what Han Jong Soo will do, they have to confront him. He is a coward with power.

Chairman Han sent some punks to destroy the restaurant of  In Sook`s brother. Geez. Be a man, Han Jong-Soo! What a cheap revenge!

Second... Jae Bum is leaving.:D Sorry, Sun Ja, but he has to go for our sake. He could come back to you later when his obssesion over Mi Hye is over.

In have to watch with subtitle to understand better.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Preview ep 85-86

I can`t stand to see In Sook`s brother anymore. Please, show, spare me!

The actor playing Jae Bum made me laugh a couple of times. Too bad the writer did not do something else with his character.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, larus said:

I watched Live ep 83-84

I think I liked this episode for different reasons.

Chairman Han sent some punks to destroy the restaurant of  In Sook`s brother. Geez. Be a man, Han Jong-Soo! What a cheap revenge!

In have to watch with subtitle to understand better.

Me too.  I liked it because things are getting resolved.  Good that NHM told that KMR is IS daughter.  Have waited for this moment since ep. 6 (I think!).   JB - Goodbye -  Find someone who loves you as much as you love her.  It was funny to see TJ dad sending the goons.  If he wanted revenge, he could have done better than throwing things in a restaurant for all to see.  

Looks like from the preview, MR is getting divorced?  TJ knows about the baby.  So, what will the chairman do now?  Keep them married or snatch MR child after it is born.  

• Like 2

https://youtu.be/NOCdgJ_tOqo

I have been waiting so long for that scene 

I really have a soft spot for parents /children love.  I keep looking for this in kdrama :wub:, remembering Miran and her dad in My only one 

To lighten up the sad scenes, I adore Dabin's grandparents, I laugh so much in their scenes :D

park seonja is wonderful, I like her very much. I also like the  romance of her daughter  (the writer)

I like Dabin's dad, although he is irresponsible but he never cheated on his wife. He was playing games, poor guy

I love this drama very much 

• Like 4

Has TJ knew about the baby already? So many things happened today and MR cries and and runs like she's not preggy. I'm worried about her. But anyway, it's our writer who'll take care of that :) The writer do what ever she thinks. 

Looks like TJ has not yet decided on his relationship with MR. He is protecting her,  we see that. But he's not giving assurance that everything will be okay btwn him and MR. I understand because MR kept a secret from him but now he knows everything. What's next? I am saying this because I just saw the raw episode I do not understand.

What if TJ discovers about the baby? It's either he will question MR again for not telling him the truth.  Or maybe he gets back hugging her.  But what if MR thinks he just gets back only because if the baby? 

Sorry too many questions. I think ahead. Maybe it will be answered on next weeks episode. :) but who ever has inputs or hints of possible scenario can share. It's as of we can change the course of the script hahaha.  At least we have this script mode moments, we followers and audience :)

• Like 2

I know the main focus of 99% of the viewers is on MR/TJ :) but don't miss the rest of the drama,, it is rich with meanings and other relationships . Also the element of comedy is wonderful. I have not laughed for long in a daily. Really Dabin's grandparents are so funny :D I love them. Also seonja has some comic scenes. She is a great actress :)

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

It was funny to see TJ dad sending the goons.  If he wanted revenge, he could have done better than throwing things in a restaurant for all to see.  

Exactly. It was a cheap revenge. They wanted to frighten them but without hurting them physically

Chairman Han is a continuous disappointment. As much I dislike the chairman, In Sook`s spineless brother I dislike more. :lol:

41 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I like Dabin's dad, although he is irresponsible but he never cheated on his wife. He was playing games, poor guy

I like him too. He grew up on me. I think it is the actor`s charm. He is so imature that you want to "slap" him to grow up faster but can`t really hate the man. :D

I laughed when he was playing the seductor husband but he said something to Mi Sun, upseting her in the end. He had to clean up the room, removing all the candles. :lol:

33 minutes ago, Chlee4ver said:

What if TJ discovers about the baby? It's either he will question MR again for not telling him the truth.  Or maybe he gets back hugging her.  But what if MR thinks he just gets back only because if the baby? 

I hope he will hug her. He can't be too upset that he find out later. There was not a good comunication between them lately.

Mi Ri could have the question in mind (if he gets back because of the baby) but only for a passing thought. She should have confidence that he loves her. He should reasure her as well. 

33 minutes ago, Chlee4ver said:

Has TJ knew about the baby already? So many things happened today and MR cries and and runs like she's not preggy. I'm worried about her. But anyway, it's our writer who'll take care of that :)

I am glad that he will know. It is about time.

About Mi Ri`s pregnancy.... I was more worried about the stress or about the driving on that road than about her running.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, larus said:

I am glad that he will know. It is about time.

About Mi Ri`s pregnancy.... I was more worried about the stress or about the driving on that road than about her running.

I think the first part in the preview with TJ and MR is 

TJ  says - why did you not tell me about it - about our baby 

second part 

TJ - Are you going to break up with me?

I think there is some conversation in the preview about this.  @stroppyse - If you have time, can you translate it.  Thanks in advance.  

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

I think the first part in the preview with TJ and MR is 

TJ  says - why did you not tell me about it - about our baby 

second part 

TJ - Are you going to break up with me?

The first question is normal but I don`t think he will be upset with Mi Ri because of that. I don`t think Mi ri will break up with Tae Joo or vice versa.

• Like 2

Here you go, @angelwingssf. Preview translation.

TJ: Anything regarding mother’s daughter, don’t say a thing to anyone about it!
MR: Just look at the state I’m in now, Tae Joo-sshi.
TJ: Why didn’t you tell me? About our child, I mean.
IS: Take me home immediately.
Uncle: Now we’ll start the voting!
SJ: That you’re being like this, does that guy know that?
MH: I’m not trying to nag you about it, but…
WJ: About what?
MH: Our marriage.
JS: Hello! I’m Jung Jin Soo!
Woman: It is a little worrying.
JS: Just let it go this one time!
MS: Da Bin, you don’t have to worry about anything. You just have to grow up well. (meaning that DB doesn’t have to worry about anything other than being herself)
TJ: Were you thinking to leave me?
MR: It’s a marriage that I had worked so hard on. (meaning to make it work)

Below is my assessment of this drama in its current state, though I'm putting it in a spoiler because it's pretty critical of the drama, and it's also on the lengthy side. So fair warning, if you're a fan of this drama, then you probably don't want to read my rant in the spoiler. :)

Spoiler

This drama had so much promise in the beginning, however, it's been awhile since I've felt the need to watch an episode. It's just that the writing feels really uneven to me, and it's not even trying to make any sense at this stage. It set up a number of conflicts in the beginning, but it's evolving, so they drop the story lines.

IS' arc is probably the most glaring example. We saw through MR's and her memories that IS is the one who took MR to SJ. We heard IS rail at SJ about giving her money to send MR to the US, then having the nerve to raise her daughter. It was never made clear what happened to the money that IS gave to SJ, but I assume that money was used by SJ in raising MR and her daughters. Also, that IS gave MR to SJ to have SJ send her to America also didn't make a whole lot of sense from the beginning. SJ was a widow herself, struggling to get by, and she's going to somehow make the arrangements for MR to be sent to America? Where and to whom was SJ going to send MR? And, now that the drama wants to redeem IS, which I guess everyone should have known was coming since this is a weekend family drama, they create a whole nasty set of relatives for IS, and then literally rewrite the plot lines to make them the ones who were supposed to take care of MR. Btw, if we knew that IS would have to be redeemed as a character, one would suppose the writer would have known as well, and set up the arc properly. However, it feels too much as if the original plot lines were basically tossed hither and thither as they tried to figure out which story to tell. I think this is an example of adjusting plot lines with the viewer preference in mind since it's resulting in jarring plot lines.

MH just bores me. It doesn't help that she is played by one of the newbie actors in this drama, and it showed from the initial episodes. The acting may have improved over the course of the drama since there are so many episodes, but I switched off on her scenes well before I gave up on the drama. If I do end up watching additional episodes, I'll do it with a fast forward in hand so that I can skip her scenes. This is kind of a shame, however, since the actor playing JB is doing a good job with JB, and his scenes really revolve around MH or SJ.

But I feel the MH-JB-WJ triangle was also handled poorly within the plot, especially so when I like the odd man out (JB) a lot more than the couple that resulted (MH-WJ). Actually, I don't think that JB should be with MH. He needs someone a lot more fun and a lot cooler to be with. That's an unfortunate effect of the writing for this threesome. Plus, the actor playing wJ is capable of so much more than I feel that he's been given. Given that it's a bit of a comeback to drama role for him, I think that's a shame.

MS's story lines were pretty interesting for awhile as she struggled to manage her career, her child, her unhelpful husband, her duties to her in-laws and her duty to her mother. I think it's going through a rather flat arc right now as she decides to give up her career to raise her child, but I can't imagine that the ultimate point of MS' arc is to show that women can't both work and raise a child. There are too many women, even in South Korea, who have to work in order to support their child, whether they are married or not, to really have the message be that women should focus on raising their child to the exclusion of everything else.

MS' in-laws are pretty funny, and their roles are deftly handled by the veteran actors. It's just not enough to keep me watching the rest of it. I also still like the character of SJ, and how she watches her daughters struggle and tries to help, but is often unable to help, though she's always supportive. It's a statement about motherly love, but also motherly limitations.

And the central romance between MR and TJ. All I can do is sigh at what this could have been.

• Thanks 5

38 minutes ago, larus said:

The first question is normal but I don`t think he will be upset with Mi Ri because of that. I don`t think Mi ri will break up with Tae Joo or vice versa.

I think it is all at the hospital -  Looks like IS is hospitalized and conversation is happening there.  It could be that TJ is asking MR why she did not tell him about the baby - Was it because she was thinking of divorcing him?  It is a question - probably a conversation ;  When MR is hugging SJ and crying - she probably informed SJ that she is pregnant and SJ is saying "My baby" about MR and patting her.  Both are crying - so she might not want to get divorced.  (IMO).  Because the last couple of episodes - SJ told TJ to send MR back and she would take her in.  And MR as TJ to divorce her so that he is not inconvenienced or belittled in the BIG Circle of pompous, egotistical, maniacs called conglomerates.

8 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

TJ: Were you thinking to leave me?
MR: It’s a marriage that I had worked so hard on. (meaning to make it work)

The last two sentences gives hope that they are going to stay together.  Thanks @stroppyse

Now that there is going to be a new addition to the family - what do you guys think the chairman would do.  NHM - you are dead sweetheart!  TJ baby trumps You and your filthy family of leeches.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, larus said:

Sook gave Sun ja the money and she did not involved her good for nothing family but the fool chairman gave them the money to "get rid" of a six years old girl as well, to be send to US. Not only that, he gave the

What a bunch of blood sucking leeches! I think the Chairman deserves more than losing money. But IS' family really deserves more than broken chairs and plates - taking money to get rid of their niece?

Could DB's father be trying to convince MS to have a baby? I think he is. :lol: Getting whacked for it, she is really violent, like SJ.:o

At least MR started to move instead of sighing and sighing. At the bridge, I am guessing she said don't abandon me again, @larus what do think? 

It is not a secret anymore and JB is leaving. I hope the writer will start winding up all the stories. I have not seen a good last episode even when the drama is good. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, maribella said:

At least MR started to move instead of sighing and sighing. At the bridge, I am guessing she said don't abandon me again, @larus what do think? 

I think she said, if you are going to jump, let's all die together.  Me, you and the baby.  I could be wrong.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, maribella said:

What a bunch of blood sucking leeches! I think the Chairman deserves more than losing money. But IS' family really deserves more than broken chairs and plates - taking money to get rid of their niece?

What Chairman did (sending those men) was not fine but I am not sorry for them. I hope they will take Mi Ri`s advice and start working to earn money to support themselves.

8 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

I think she said, if you are going to jump, let's all die together.  Me, you and the baby.  I could be wrong.  

I think you are right. I did get the impresion that she told her about the baby. I saw Sun Ja being dramatic as well ("lets die together") now it was Mi Ri`s turn. Like mother , like daughter. :D

Mi Ri has to say something to stop In Sook for jumping from the bridge.

20 minutes ago, maribella said:

Could DB's father be trying to convince MS to have a baby? I think he is. :lol: Getting whacked for it, she is really violent, like SJ.:o

What? He wanted another baby? They struggle to raise one child at the moment. Jin Soo did not talked about his bike for a while. Is he growing up?

26 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

The last two sentences gives hope that they are going to stay together. 

I don`t see why they has to separate. Not even noble idiocy will make any sense in this situation. If Tae Joo is in bad term with his father, what they will resolve divorcing? Nooo. They will remain together.

from filming

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maribella said:

MR tells IS that she's pregnant, and that IS should make it up to her (MR) by finally being her mother. MR crying is pure heartbreak.

1 hour ago, larus said:

I don`t see why they has to separate. Not even noble idiocy will make any sense in this situation. If Tae Joo is in bad term with his father, what they will resolve divorcing? Nooo. They will remain together.

I vote for TJ and MR staying together, and moving in with SJ as SJ suggested. :D

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Uncle: Now we’ll start the voting!

Sorry to be quoting myself, but I got curious and watched the latest episode. So, this line in the preview refers to the fact that the uncle had suggested that the family vote on who MH will marry, JB or WJ. So, SJ agrees on the vote, and I guess MH reluctantly gets dragged into it. This is what is so stupid about this. Regardless of how I may feel about any of the characters, how could MH even go along with any of this? How could she let a vote happen when she says that she loves WJ and has repeatedly kicked JB to the curb? I guess MH is hoping that her family votes for WJ knowing that she's in love with WJ, and thus neutralizing SJ's love for JB? This is just silly. Also, how is WJ going to feel about a family vote, or JB for that matter? This is just another example of Mh being a poorly written character, one who can be such a brat about insisting on what she wants, and yet doesn't have the backbone to be an adult and force acceptance of her decisions as an adult. 

I guess my criticism about this drama that I put in the spoiler in my post with the preview translation still stands.

• Like 3