[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

49 minutes ago, larus said:

don`t like soap opera genre now but I used to watch some US soap operas when in my youth. I remember that I like some of those villians. Na Hye Mi and Chairman Han are not well written villians in my opinion. Both annoy me more than ever. I find both ridiculous. I can`t take them serious. The writer created them just to pass the time in her 50 episodes drama.

I do so agree. The writer must have mix and match characters from many KDs to make these two. They don't make sense. If they were some country bumpkins, maybe they would act that way. The latest is throwing out MR and keeping the baby. There is a law in every country that decides who gets to keep a baby. Not the grandparents unless both parents are declared incompetent. What idiots :D.

Allowing that she had fallen in love with the Chairman, she would not want to go to the US and he should not be such an idiot to send a young wife thousands of miles away. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of Mi Ri`s baby. I hope we`ll see her/him at the end of the show for a few moments.

Acording the doctor, Sun ja will not have more than 3 months. I can`t believe the writer did not give Sun ja even a chance to see her grandchild. Or maybe she will. We`ll see.

Update 4th Week | 10 Most Talked About Actors & Dramas On August 2019

Good Data Corporation releases weekly rankings of the most talked about dramas and actors/actresses of the airing dramas. The data are collected from the netizen’s reactions to online news, community, social media and videos.

4th Week of August (Release on Aug. 26)

-Dramas-

1- “Hotel del Luna

2- “At Eighteen

3- “Designated Survivor: 60 Days”

4- “Watcher

5- “Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung

6- “Be Melodramatic

7- “Doctor John”

8- “Graceful Family

9- “Love Affairs in the Afternoon”

10- “Mother of Mine”

most-talked-about-dramas.jpg

https://www.kpopmap.com/10-most-talked-about-actors-dramas-on-august-2019/

Only in 4th week of August, drama Mother of Mine entered top 10, of the most talked dramas. It seams that Sun ja`s illness created a stir and people talked more about the show. I bet everyone is upset that one of the core character has such a tragic fate.

Hotel The Luna has almost 34% of the 'chats'? It must be the fantasy/ 'tec theme?

I am sorry I just don't get the IU beauty thingum :) She is dressed like a femme fatale in this show and I kept thinking she borrowed it from her glamourous college roommate :lol::lol:. So sorry to all her fans. 

MH and IU have the same look. Even though I find MH irritating at most times, I would like to see her in her wedding dress and minus those sneakers! KDs seem to sneak in ridiculous last episode scenes that really spoilt the show. For example in it's about mom, a 50 something woman and her older ex boyfriend got back together in the earlier episodes and had a baby in the  final one. 

6 hours ago, maribella said:

Even though I find MH irritating at most times, I would like to see her in her wedding dress and minus those sneakers!

I wish she will get married as well, even in those sneakers. She will be authentic. :D But I hope they don`t rush the marriage for Sun ja. I totally have wished that her mother to see the wedding and be happy that all her daughters are on their own, married and happy. Maybe the writer will make them ready for marriage in speed record. Just wish they will give them some romantic moments before marriage. Please date!

Soyeon answers some questions about the show.

Actress Kim So-yeon's special video to fans
See you guys, Cheer up!
A drama that conveys consolation to all the mothers and daughters who have lived through this age through the story of a girl who became a love-loving relationship in a war-like day.
See you on KBS 2TV every Saturday and Sunday!

source

Ok that coffee truck was kinda cute. I don't actually recall other spouses being so "familiar " before. Did you see what she called him before his name? And even the sign for the crew is not the usual  " hwaiting. "

Very cute indeed.

And yes JB will miss SJ dearly. Gosh darn it she paid more attention to him than his parents. Yes KBS2 must find it acceptable to kill parental figures off. Otherwise their writer's won't keep using it.

3 hours ago, melissa_lee said:

I attempted to "googletranslate" the 3 questions to KSY

Q1: what was the shoot today

Q2:if you have the secret of ..?

Q3: the last thing I want to tell you

WOW! You actually translated whe words written on a video? I still can`t do that. :D

Thanks.

Tomorrow it would have been the weekend before the finale if there was not an extantion. Hope they don`t drag the storylines too much.

9 minutes ago, larus said:

WOW! You actually translated whe words written on a video? I still can`t do that. :D

Thanks.

Tomorrow it would have been the weekend before the finale if there was not an extantion. Hope they don`t drag the storylines too much.

type using a virtual Korean keyboard (eg branah.com) and use google translate. but sometimes the translation is really queer.

22 hours ago, melissa_lee said:

type using a virtual Korean keyboard (eg branah.com) and use google translate. but sometimes the translation is really queer.

Good to know. Thanks. I never tried that. Yeah, Google translation can be stange and funny or frustrating but it is still better than nothing.  :D

There aren`t new information about the drama. I just found two selfies from the suporting cast.

Kim Yeo Jin

Kang Moon-Kyung

The man loves to take selfies. :D

It looks like another kbs announcers will appear in Mother of mine.

I like the first half of the episode, the second.... melodrama comes again.  I want to watch with subtitles and not jump the gun again.

The recap without understanding a word. (Maybe I understood a word or two). :w00t:

It was funny how Mi Ok found her husband on TV program. I guess she did not like what he was talking about it in the show. He continue to go to diverse TV shows and take notes. :D

Mi Ri and Tae Joo were at the hospital for a pregnancy check up/scan. He is so happy to be a father!

In Sook rejected Chairman Han`s offer and he was angry. :lol: It was nice to see that. I think he offered her to go to US to a subsidiary company of Hansung Group. Later, she told Mi ri and Tae Joo that she will go there. Does she changed her mind?

In Sook told Sun Ja that she is leaving (I assume). Sun ja got angry and In Sook realised that something is wrong with her Sun ja. I was right that In Sook will find out first and than she will decide to not leave the country.

Na Hye Mi met the other man in her life, her lover, I assume. He is the father of Tae Ho? She was wearing sun glasses to not be recognized, she sneaked to see him but why I heard Mi Ri`s name? Than Na Hye Mi told her brother about the plan and they said Mi Ri`s name a couple of time . They are ploting something? I hope they stop. I am sure it is a silly plan.

Tae Ho likes Mi Ri. He was happy to see her when  she and Tae Joo came to dinner.

Woo Jin gave Hye Mi the book and a necklace. She hugged him. Cute.

Sun ja met Jae Bum and she told him something that he did not liked. I think it is good if she will told him what is going on in her life, because he was like her son all those years. Jae Bum loves Sun Ja dearly, like his mother. But I don`t think she told him that he is dying. She told him to not come at the restaurant anymore or she told him to marry Mi Hye? Either way, it is bad. I want to think it is not one of these options. Why I assume what is worst?

Sun ja came to Woo Jin. He asked him if he likes her daughter. He said yes. But I don`t know what they talked about. I think Woo Jin realised that it is happening something with Mi Hye`s mother. Later, he told Mi Hye to go home.

Sun Ja found out that Mi Sun left her job. She was angry. (I would be upset too in her place). Later, Mi Sun started to work at the super market/store? They don`t have enough money.

Next episode.

Preview

Mi Ri and Tae Joo always look so serious when they visit Chairman`s villa.

Tae Hoo is happy to see Mi Ri. I think Chairman Han is telling him not to jump on her to give her a hug because she is pregnant.

28 minutes ago, monalisa said:

I think NHM will try to make MR lose her baby.

I still don`t have a clue what plan has Na Hye Mi but I can tell right now it is a ridiculous plan.

From the preview, Mi Ri looks worried about her baby. I am sure it is a reaction at Na Hye Mi`s words.

What an unnecessary stress for a pregnant woman! Mi Ri did not find out about her mother yet.

I liked the scene with Mi Ri and Park Tae Ri, when she ate the cookie. :w00t: I did not find the scene yet.

2 hours ago, larus said:

Sun ja came to Woo Jin. He asked him if he likes her daughter. He said yes. But I don`t know what they talked about. I think Woo Jin realised that it is happening something with Mi Hye`s mother. Later, he told Mi Hye to go home.

Maybe SJ told WJ  to not waist time if he really likes MH, because after sending MH home with Peter, WJ called his mother. 
From what I understood he told his mother that he is going to get married and asked her if she can come to Korea.

14 minutes ago, denise_b said:

Maybe SJ told WJ  to not waist time if he really likes MH, because after sending MH home with Peter, WJ called his mother. 
From what I understood he told his mother that he is going to get married and asked her if she can come to Korea.

Woo Jin is contemplating marriage again? I knew he would have gotten over his issue against marriage. I thought he missed his mom and called her after his conversation with Sun ja.

I am sure we`ll see another wedding soon. :D

I wish Sun Ja should have told Jae Bum and her daughters the truth about her illness.

2 hours ago, larus said:

wish Sun Ja should have told Jae Bum and her daughters the truth about her ill

But then the writer won't have much to fill the next 20 episodes or so and we will be complaining that the writer is putting in all kinds of stuff to make it up. 

Let SJ actress show everyone how well she emotes. :D

1 hour ago, maribella said:

But then the writer won't have much to fill the next 20 episodes or so and we will be complaining that the writer is putting in all kinds of stuff to make it up. 

Let SJ actress show everyone how well she emotes. :D

I don`t know what the writer would have to do now to please the majority of the audience. Many people are upset because Sun ja will die at the end of this show. I understand that she has to fill 4 more episodes (8  mini episodes) but I want to prepare us and the characters that love her for this ending. Like those 5 stages of grief. I personally want to see Sun ja that she will leave this world in peace, knowing that her family will be allright. It is hard for her in those moments and I want to see her family be with her as much as possible.

Maybe it is hard for Sun ja to tell the family the horrible news. No, it is hard. 

When I saw how her daughters are still preoccupied with their lives, their needs, I want to give Sun Ja a hug. I am not mad at her daughters. This is life. But that has to make us reflect about our own flaws.  We love our family, friends, but sometimes our needs or problems are more important than anything. People are selfish and self-centered. I want Sun ja`s daughters, her brother to observe that something is bother her, she has something on her mind. Maybe they will realise soon that she is sick because of the cough.

I hope the writer won't make Mi Ri lose precious time "fighting" with Na Hye Mi. It is not worth it, really. 

7 hours ago, larus said:

understand that she has to fill 4 more episodes (8  mini episodes) but I want to prepare us and the characters that love her for this ending. Like those 5 stages of grief. I personally want to see Sun ja that she will leave this

Did you watch the preview? MR was crying and TJ said that they won't get to see how their baby will look like? If the writer makes MR lose her baby after killing off SJ, we should all go to Seoul and slap some sense into her!!

I'm sure majority dislikes the youngest daughter but contrary to the popular opinion I've always disliked the eldest daughter's behaviour from the beginning. It's the way she treats her own mom that irritates me. She's ungrateful and regrets her words and actions much later which is really annoying. Most of all, sometimes she reminds me of my own elder sister. My parents do so much for her & they even look after my niece but my sis tends to be ungrateful at times. I get wild when my mom & dad are treated like crap so I turn into a hot mess (as mom calls me) at times lol

Didn't expect publisher Jin to give in so quickly with regard to marriage. I guess he kinda senses something's definitely wrong with the writer's mom. Nevertheless I'm glad he's gonna marry the writer. My dude deserves to be happy :) 

Archived