[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

tothestars

4 hours ago, mei2018 said:

Oh! I see. However, I am not sure if I wish him to be in a superhero movie. Would it be good script?

Probably not.... I don't watch super hero movies normally, so I'm not sure, but I'm selfish, I just want to see him in more stuff haha. It's unlikely he'd get it, I think, and school, and true it's better to go for quality over quantity... I just want to see him acting in English for an extended period of time :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Hmmm he posted "a night to be remembered" 3 hours ago? Where is he? In U.S? School or... San Diego? :phew:

I also dont really want him on Shang Chi that badly, but if it will be an opening path for his career, why not? But i think there are so many american born chinese in U.S it self, so the chance is not that big for him too.

• LOL 3

47 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

Hmmm he posted "a night to be remembered" 3 hours ago? Where is he? In U.S? School or... San Diego? :phew:

I also dont really want him on Shang Chi that badly, but if it will be an opening path for his career, why not? But i think there are so many american born chinese in U.S it self, so the chance is not that big for him too.

Here in the west coast (and San Diego) it was close to 2pm, way too early. East coast, where he lived, it would've been 5pm, still too early for such dark skies (here it usually gets that dark around 9pm) so likely still in China and was just a very very late post? It would've been 5am in Beijing, maybe he didn't sleep at all? 

I'm so out of it when it comes to American actors, I don't even know any of the recently famous ones. I know there's a joke about all of them being named Chris Something lol. And I hate to admit, I know even fewer Asian or Asian-American actors famous in the US. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

11 hours ago, Lbpg said:

Here in the west coast (and San Diego) it was close to 2pm, way too early. East coast, where he lived, it would've been 5pm, still too early for such dark skies (here it usually gets that dark around 9pm) so likely still in China and was just a very very late post? It would've been 5am in Beijing, maybe he didn't sleep at all? 

I'm so out of it when it comes to American actors, I don't even know any of the recently famous ones. I know there's a joke about all of them being named Chris Something lol. And I hate to admit, I know even fewer Asian or Asian-American actors famous in the US. 

Ah yeah most probably it was a latepost and he was not sleeping at all... Maybe he was in the middle shooting something. 

Chris something because of so many actors have name start with Chris? Like in Avengers there are 3 Chris LOL.

Not many asian american actors famous in the US, the young ones are more rare.

Ahhh i am so happy tonight we will get Novoland! Currently i am watching The Untamed and Longest Day in Chang An (but only 1st ep since that is the only with engsub in Youtube). 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Chris something because of so many actors have name start with Chris? Like in Avengers there are 3 Chris LOL.

Exactly! :joy:

Ahhh i am so happy tonight we will get Novoland! Currently i am watching The Untamed and Longest Day in Chang An (but only 1st ep since that is the only with engsub in Youtube). 

Really!! I didn't know! Yaaaaaay! Thanks for the update! 

• LOL 1

Hello all!!!!

It's been an EXCRUCIATING week for me, because my office held our biggest event this year. I'm grateful that despite some glitches it's safe to say it turned out a success, so all hard works these past 6 months paid off. (you wouldn't be able to tell from my frequent visit and commenting here, hahahh... but really this had been my refuge and safe haven amidst the craziness at the workplace). 

Thank you for all the great Arthur news and findings you've been bringing here! (Shoutout to @Lbpgfor the complete My Best Summer! As expected, it got deleted again later, but don't we all love every opportunity to see it heheh). Every now and then I stole some minutes to check on this forum, though I didn't have time to add my two cents. Before sleeping I tried to watch an episode of the Longest Day in Chang An, and always felt asleep midway. (PS: @epinklyn in addition to YouTube, you can also watch it in Dramac**l -- it, ahem, illegally streams up to the latest subbed eps). Now that Novoland has started airing, I'm both ecstatic and worried about my sleeping quality, LOL. 

Brief comment on the Shang Chi role: I highly doubt Arthur will even audition for it. Like discussed here, it's quite a controversial role to begin with. Secondly, if Marvel is to recruit an actor of Chinese heritage, they'll go with either an American based Chinese, or an already established, English speaking young Chinese actor. (Because they want the Chinese market!)

• Love 3

3 hours ago, caranita said:

Hello all!!!!

It's been an EXCRUCIATING week for me, because my office held our biggest event this year. I'm grateful that despite some glitches it's safe to say it turned out a success, so all hard works these past 6 months paid off. (you wouldn't be able to tell from my frequent visit and commenting here, hahahh... but really this had been my refuge and safe haven amidst the craziness at the workplace). 

Thank you for all the great Arthur news and findings you've been bringing here! (Shoutout to @Lbpgfor the complete My Best Summer! As expected, it got deleted again later, but don't we all love every opportunity to see it heheh). Every now and then I stole some minutes to check on this forum, though I didn't have time to add my two cents. Before sleeping I tried to watch an episode of the Longest Day in Chang An, and always felt asleep midway. (PS: @epinklyn in addition to YouTube, you can also watch it in Dramac**l -- it, ahem, illegally streams up to the latest subbed eps). Now that Novoland has started airing, I'm both ecstatic and worried about my sleeping quality, LOL. 

Brief comment on the Shang Chi role: I highly doubt Arthur will even audition for it. Like discussed here, it's quite a controversial role to begin with. Secondly, if Marvel is to recruit an actor of Chinese heritage, they'll go with either an American based Chinese, or an already established, English speaking young Chinese actor. (Because they want the Chinese market!)

Wowww congrats @caranita for the your amazing journey in office! One more achievement in life! Yeah i had a feeling you are in something, i just dont want you to go away like @rhaps :bawling:

Ah thx u for the link! Longest in ChangAn really heavy for me LOL, i have to focus watching it.  But i am really curious about it. Right now i havent watched Novoland yet, dont know where to watch.

Yeah speaking about sleeping quality, the kids are going back to school, so really cant have a midnite "me time" watching anymore. Yeah maybe one hour LOL.

Wondering what Arthur's doing lately, he is going stealth mode again...

• Love 2

5 hours ago, caranita said:

Hello all!!!!

Welcome back! We missed you!! Glad to hear everything went well with the event at work, sounds like it was a big deal! 

Thank you for all the great Arthur news and findings you've been bringing here! (Shoutout to @Lbpgfor the complete My Best Summer! As expected, it got deleted again later, but don't we all love every opportunity to see it heheh). 

Ha! So true. And already a new version is again available :joy: the pirates are not giving up so easily!! Lol

Brief comment on the Shang Chi role: I highly doubt Arthur will even audition for it. Like discussed here, it's quite a controversial role to begin with. Secondly, if Marvel is to recruit an actor of Chinese heritage, they'll go with either an American based Chinese, or an already established, English speaking young Chinese actor. (Because they want the Chinese market!)

Agreed.... A girl can dream, tho hehe. I know someday I'll get to hear him go on and on in English and I'll be ready for it hahaha

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Thanks for the warm welcome! Glad you ladies haven't forgotten me LOL. I think @rhaps also has a big project this year, so I can totally understand if she pulled out temporarily, perhaps not to be distracted by this forum and our Arthur  :lol:. It can be that addictive, you know! :D

I read from various sources Novoland is available on Maplestage. I prefer this other site though. Check it out! Ahh I feel you about the kids being back at school. But trust me, an hour is sufficient, you can have an episode everyday! :lol:. A friend of mine dedicates a couple of hours everyday to watch her Kdramas/Cdramas, and her children understand very well that mommy cannot be disturbed during those hours hahahah...

13 hours ago, Lbpg said:

Ha! So true. And already a new version is again available :joy: the pirates are not giving up so easily!! Lol

That's one thing you gotta admire from them. Their resilience! LOLOL. I saw one this morning, but it has worse quality than the one you posted before. I check out Ki**A***n regularly to see if it already has MBS. None so far, so I guess we have to be more patient *sigh*.

Yeah, it's been slow news on Arthur. When I google his name in the Chinese characters, I only got old or rehashed news. I'm sure he's busy filming -- most likely that CKG's movie, because LHR's side is also quiet (apart from the Novoland stuff). 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

This account just uploaded some pictures from My Best Summer shooting days. A few of them are completely new to me -- and my, weren't Arthur and He Landou quite touchy feely at that time! :lol:. They were obviously very comfortable with each other. I wonder why these pictures came to surface only recently? 

It looks like they also cut another scene when the adult Yu Huai and Geng Geng dine together at the restaurant where teen Yu Huai has no money left? (Dang, now I want a director's cut -- even if the movie becomes more than 2 hours. Who will resist watching charming Arthur for hours? LOL)

• Awesome 1

Wow so many bts pictures, but i dont see some of those in the MBS official weibo. That account quite complete for something unusual about cfy.

Btw here is an update from Beijing Filming Academy, it is about welcoming professional freshmens

bd7kybp3byikn1j94oar8s23.jpg

Screenshot-20190718-211401-Weibo-Intl.jp

Screenshot-20190718-211447-Weibo-Intl.jp

• Love 2

7 hours ago, caranita said:

It looks like they also cut another scene when the adult Yu Huai and Geng Geng dine together at the restaurant where teen Yu Huai has no money left? (Dang, now I want a director's cut -- even if the movie becomes more than 2 hours. Who will resist watching charming Arthur for hours? LOL)

Looks like GG was drunk after the deleted restaurant scene... So after the reunion, they went together and back to the restaurant. Hopefully they will release the dvd complete with deleted scenes or director's cut!

Their comfortable feeling to each other really shows in the movie, we get to see their natural chemistry.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Hopefully they will release the dvd complete with deleted scenes or director's cut!

I am hoping for this too. I'm a bit pessimistic though, since I think nowadays producers very rarely release DVDs, even if they can distribute them through Amazon or Alibaba. But maybe they'll sell the digital version. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, caranita said:

I am hoping for this too. I'm a bit pessimistic though, since I think nowadays producers very rarely release DVDs, even if they can distribute them through Amazon or Alibaba. But maybe they'll sell the digital version. 

Ah you are right, okay i will wait for any kind of official release, hopefully netflix or something else...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

Old Arthur...:joy: 

My gosh! Everyone is doing it right now, lol... even my boss!

Interesting, "old" Arthur looks very much like a Maori (indigenous people in New Zealand), or a Cook Islander. :grin:

For comparison, here's Winston Peters, the New Zealand foreign minister, who's a Maori. Their resemblance is uncanny! :D 

Image result for winston peters

• LOL 2

18 hours ago, caranita said:

This account just uploaded some pictures from My Best Summer shooting days. A few of them are completely new to me -- and my, weren't Arthur and He Landou quite touchy feely at that time! :lol:. They were obviously very comfortable with each other. I wonder why these pictures came to surface only recently? 

Wow!! Thanks for sharing!! Definitely need a director's cut. At least 2 hrs, yes, I'm okay with more :joy: all his pics were so adorable, love the one where she's choking him with her bag lol. He probably did something to deserve that! 

• LOL 2

On 7/18/2019 at 5:49 AM, caranita said:

Thanks for the warm welcome! Glad you ladies haven't forgotten me LOL. I think @rhaps also has a big project this year, so I can totally understand if she pulled out temporarily, perhaps not to be distracted by this forum and our Arthur  :lol:. It can be that addictive, you know! :D

I read from various sources Novoland is available on Maplestage. I prefer this other site though. Check it out! Ahh I feel you about the kids being back at school. But trust me, an hour is sufficient, you can have an episode everyday! :lol:. A friend of mine dedicates a couple of hours everyday to watch her Kdramas/Cdramas, and her children understand very well that mommy cannot be disturbed during those hours hahahah...

That's one thing you gotta admire from them. Their resilience! LOLOL. I saw one this morning, but it has worse quality than the one you posted before. I check out Ki**A***n regularly to see if it already has MBS. None so far, so I guess we have to be more patient *sigh*.

I wish they have NoVoland on Viki with Eng sub.- - I think I have to wait with my finger cross.

I heard that MBS will be showed in Korea. That is good. Arthur can get more international fans.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, mei2018 said:

I wish they have NoVoland on Viki with Eng sub.- - I think I have to wait with my finger cross.

I heard that MBS will be showed in Korea. That is good. Arthur can get more international fans.

Wow, exciting! So there's hope that MBS showing will be extended to other areas... maybe Southeast Asia? *fingers crossed*

Regarding Novoland, you've got your wish. Two episodes have been subbed on YouTube. :D 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 2