[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

tothestars

Has this been shared here? (Sorry if I missed it earlier). It's the BTS of one of his photoshoots. Amidst the smiles, he still looks tired here, doesn't he? He's tall, with a 20s year-old body, and most of the time looks so serious, so I often forget that he's still a teenager :)

• Love 2

47 minutes ago, caranita said:

Has this been shared here? (Sorry if I missed it earlier). It's the BTS of one of his photoshoots. Amidst the smiles, he still looks tired here, doesn't he? He's tall, with a 20s year-old body, and most of the time looks so serious, so I often forget that he's still a teenager :)

He does, yeah. I think this was around his bday? I remember he posted stills with that cake for his bday. I think it's easy to forget he is so young, until he makes the innocent or shy looking faces, ha! I lose it lol. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, caranita said:

Isn't it CKG's movie with LHR, Sophie and Vicky? I wonder how long the shooting will take. Then he'll dub the Snowman Romance/Abominable animation. Boy sure is super busy! 

BTW, @mei2018 this is probably the movie you were referring to! It's not Shang-Chi, but a Chinese-American character in Dr. Strange. Filming will be from January to May 2020 (so long!). They're looking for someone in his mid-20s though.

https://discussingfilm.net/2019/06/27/marvel-studios-looking-to-cast-mid-20s-chinese-america-male-in-doctor-strange-2-exclusive/ 

The movie has been shot since April. I heard that he will shot photos for a movie poster on 04/07.

Ah,I see. It may not very suitable for him then.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, epinklyn said:

So 18 y.o eligible for wine yeah

I don't know the age limit for drinking alcohol in China (I suppose the picture was taken there). And honestly I think the limit is strictly applied only to public places like bars and restaurants. For private events people are more lenient?

4 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Old pic from 170611 Secret Fruit's Shanghai Roadshow. He is about becoming Ning Que, his hair getting long and face look chubbier, LOVE IT!

You and me both :). I was looking at stills from Ever Night and thinking how young CFY looks -- his chubbier face is squishable :))). But I also like how fine he turns out now, the nice facial structure with those high cheekbones. And of course his signatory eyebrows! He's not the only Chinese actors with thick brows, but somehow his defines his face. (I don't know how to describe it better LOL).

8 hours ago, mei2018 said:

The movie has been shot since April. I heard that he will shot photos for a movie poster on 04/07.

They shot for My Motherland around his birthday, right? It maybe only took a couple of weeks since it's only a part of the anthology. And right after that we saw him flying here and there, either for photoshoots or brand events etc. (His Chinese name does reflect his activities now haha!). Then he spent almost the entire month of May for MBS road show. I don't even know how he could squeeze in the shooting for Back to Field. 

And I'm still curious about his current haircut. At first I thought it was for the promotion of My Best Summer, since it's quite similar with Yu Huai's. But He Landou doesn't even bother to wear a bob wig, so I'm guessing it's for any of his new projects. I remember Sophie had her hair cut to the current length for this CKG movie. Could it be the same for Arthur? On the other hand, yeah, I also read that Liu Haoran was shooting for the movie (not the anthology) in April. Oh well, I just can't wrap my head around the timing :sweatingbullets:.

The way his projects are done, the boy is a true multitasker LOL. We can identify at least 3 that are already on the pipeline: Flower in the Dust, Snowman Romance/Abominable, and that road trip variety show. I also read a rumor about another movie with Song Weilong. But there's only one source so far about this movie, so it's very likely just a rumor.

It seems like the only time he can spend with his family (as per his wish) is the shooting for CKG's movies LOL.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

22 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Oh i thought this one is after ever night, hmmm or before like you said, since his hair... Sometimes i can only tracked his milestones from the hair LOL... 

Apologies! What I meant was at that time his only work that had been in public was the Secret Fruit movie. (Ever Night was probably still in post-production?).

• LOL 2

I couldn't get Chrome to auto translate this one, but dropping it into translate yielded the mess under the spoiler tag. My takeaway is that both LHR and CFY will be co-leads in Flowers in the Dust? May just be speculation 

https://xw.qq.com/cmsid/20190704A08N5T00

Spoiler

Chen Kaige's new play starts, personally "tune" Chen Feiyu, Liu Yuran, Zhang Xue Ying into "green leaves"

Today's film headlines 07-04 11:11
attention

Preface: Recently, Chen Kaige's new film "Flower in the Dust" exposed a boot photo, Chen Kaige, Chen Hong, Yu Dong, Cao Yu, Liu Yuran, Chen Feiyu, Zhang Xueying, Wen Qi and other masters appeared at the boot site.

Chen Kaige is the director, Chen Hong is the producer, Yu Dong is the producer, Cao Yu is the photographer, and the remaining four are all actors. Wu Qinggong, a non-famous entertainment critics, pointed out that "Flowering in the Dust" was held on April 29th at the opening ceremony in Huairou, Beijing.

"Flowing in the Dust" is a film about youthful reality. It tells the story of several teenagers who struggled and struggled with their destiny in the years of growth. They experienced hardships and difficulties, finally realized their self-worth and have a life. Deep understanding.

After this is "The Demon Cat Biography", Liu Yuran once again participated in Chen Kaige's movie. In "The Demon Cat Biography", Liu Yuran and Ou Hao play "White Crane Juvenile" together. There are very few plays, probably the appearance of the male fifth, and in "Flowing in the Dust", it must be the male No.1.

After Chen Feiyu was the "Orphan of Zhao", he participated in his father's movie again after 9 years. At that time, Chen Feiyu was just an extra actor. He had few plays and few lines. He was almost negligible, and he was "playing tickets."

Chen Feiyu and Liu Yuran should all be male No.1, just like Ou Hao and Yang Yang in "Left Ear", using the double male mode. Zhang Xueying and Wen Qi should all be women's No.1, and Chen Feiyu and Liu Yuran have emotional dramas, but they don't know who is paired with them.

Wen Qi is 160cm tall and Zhang Xue is 165cm tall. If you are from a height, it should be Chen Feiyu's partner Zhang Xueying, and Liu Yuran is a partner. However, Liu Yuran and Zhang Xueying are both the Central Academy of Drama. They must have a good understanding together.

Moreover, before Chen Feiyu and the 160-meter-high Song Yiren, He Lan, who is 160cm tall, did not care about a couple who was 160cm tall. Wen Qi is the youngest best supporting actress in the Golden Horse Awards. She can also take Chen Feiyu to perform.

Chen Kaige finally has to "tune" Chen Feiyu personally. Liu Yuran, Zhang Xueying and Wen Qi will all become "green leaves". Chen Kaige will definitely give the most outstanding role to Chen Feiyu. Usually, Chen Feiyu will open a small stove. Chen Feiyu's future will be very bright.

Discussion: Do you prefer Chen Feiyu or Liu Yuran?

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Lbpg said:

My takeaway is that both LHR and CFY will be co-leads in Flowers in the Dust? May just be speculation 

https://xw.qq.com/cmsid/20190704A08N5T00

I'm not familiar with CKG's directing style, so I can't tell if this is going to be a multiple-lead cast. I don't agree with the comparison with the Left Ear though, because in the latter it's obvious Oho Ou is the male lead. The speculation about the pairing based on the actresses' height is quite amusing, although it may be possible for technical reason. (Remember Arthur teasing Song Yiren about not being able to be in the same frame due to their height difference?)

We will see. It's been a quiet week, it's very likely he's shooting. Can't wait until he posts a picture or two like he did before shooting My Motherland. Of course we have to be prepared for the most random pictures, maybe the tip of his shoes or a bowl or something like that :lol:.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, caranita said:

I'm not familiar with CKG's directing style, so I can't tell if this is going to be a multiple-lead cast. I don't agree with the comparison with the Left Ear though, because in the latter it's obvious Oho Ou is the male lead. The speculation about the pairing based on the actresses' height is quite amusing, although it may be possible for technical reason. (Remember Arthur teasing Song Yiren about not being able to be in the same frame due to their height difference?)

I think they may be in denial... Or wishful thinking. I can't blame them, I share their perspective lol. I'd love for CFY to be the lead in everything he's in (like he has been!) but if he's sharing the screen with LHR, well, unless they're co-leads, CFY may not be at all (my opinion, I hope I'm wrong!) Sadness. 

And the high difference is really something else. But they keep scouting all these Chinese boys that are at least 6ft/1.8m tall (and I'm sorry to say that in some instances that appears to be the only desirable criteria haha some of them are ugly or bad!!) they're bound to run into these problems unless they do the same with the women. 

We will see. It's been a quiet week, it's very likely he's shooting. Can't wait until he posts a picture or two like he did before shooting My Motherland. Of course we have to be prepared for the most random pictures, maybe the tip of his shoes or a bowl or something like that :lol:.

I liked the pics he shared on ig when he was filming in the desert back in April. Here's hoping it's something similar, though yes, they may be upside down lol

If you look through his ig, he posted so much while filming EN, but not much otherwise. It's too bad. I wonder if there was some disillusionment at play with how the whole s2 thing unraveled. Who knows 

Also, this post his studio made with his July schedule, is this the first time he has one published? It seems to me it is, I don't think I'd seen one for him before. It feels like our boy is really blossoming into an idol LOL

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Lbpg said:

I'd love for CFY to be the lead in everything he's in (like he has been!) but if he's sharing the screen with LHR, well, unless they're co-leads, CFY may not be at all (my opinion, I hope I'm wrong!) Sadness.

I feel you! On the other hand, it might work well for him being a second lead for the first time -- and here I'm sure he'll still have adequate screen time. I'm excited for this opportunity for him to learn more from such a strong cast, although this will be the second time for him to be professionally directed by CKG and work together with LHR. He once expressed his gratitude to SYR for sharing her experience and acting tips during EN1 shooting. 

5 hours ago, Lbpg said:

And the high difference is really something else. But they keep scouting all these Chinese boys that are at least 6ft/1.8m tall (and I'm sorry to say that in some instances that appears to be the only desirable criteria haha some of them are ugly or bad!!) they're bound to run into these problems unless they do the same with the women. 

The thing is, Chinese audience (and Asians in general) love this height difference, so I'm not surprised casting directors tend to pick actors fitting to those criteria. 

5 hours ago, Lbpg said:

If you look through his ig, he posted so much while filming EN, but not much otherwise. It's too bad. I wonder if there was some disillusionment at play with how the whole s2 thing unraveled. Who knows 

That could be the case, but maybe he was thrilled to be a part of such a grand production, an adaptation of a highly popular & well respected novel. Or most possibly, both. He didn't post anything about Secret Fruit on his IG, no? (Or maybe I missed it).

5 hours ago, Lbpg said:

Also, this post his studio made with his July schedule, is this the first time he has one published? It seems to me it is, I don't think I'd seen one for him before. It feels like our boy is really blossoming into an idol LOL

Yeah... *sigh*. I really wish he doesn't have to go the idol route. The schedule doesn't say much though, just "filming" -- or something to that effect. I just hope his marketing people know how to keep people aware of his existence without oversaturating the media outlets with trivial news about him. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

The thing is, Chinese audience (and Asians in general) love this height difference, so I'm not surprised casting directors tend to pick actors fitting to those criteria. 

(I'm all for it too - I'm 5'2" and have dated people as tall as 6'6"... No problem here! Lol!) 

That could be the case, but maybe he was thrilled to be a part of such a grand production, an adaptation of a highly popular & well respected novel. Or most possibly, both. He didn't post anything about Secret Fruit on his IG, no? (Or maybe I missed it).

I believe he started his ig account after SF premiered, and his second post was right after EN started filming. I'm sure the thrill of it was a huge driver, for sure, and he posted often to mention how hard he was working, so the tough schedule and physical expectations may also have been a big driver for him to want to share the excitement. Who know, I just wanna see more of it :)

Yeah... *sigh*. I really wish he doesn't have to go the idol route. The schedule doesn't say much though, just "filming" -- or something to that effect. I just hope his marketing people know how to keep people aware of his existence without oversaturating the media outlets with trivial news about him. 

I know what you mean. I go back to that spot where I'm happy he's getting recognized more, but not happy he'd be treated more like an object (idol) than a person. 

• Love 2

3 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Cfy as new brand spoke person of... Cant read it... I think it is a food? Almond milk?

Cant open the video link, so here is the weibo link for watching the video.

https://weibointl.api.weibo.cn/share/79572874.html?weibo_id=4390635769593095

Yeah.. I saw that and uhhh I guess he has to pay the bills? Hahaha that's so random. 

• LOL 3