[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

tothestars

3 hours ago, Lbpg said:

New clip from the national day movie! Hilarious tub scene, tho, what's up with that!!? 

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4402709002041729

OMG, thank youuuuuuuuuu :kiss_wink:. Love the clip. Arthur transforms into his character pretty well! He obviously enjoyed doing the movie -- there's sparkle in his eyes against his otherwise calm expression in that brief interview. Can"t wait!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Annndddd... another gift from the universe, my dear Arthur aunties & sisters, an article about Chen Kaige's part in the anthology movie. Enjoy the Google-translated piece! :D 

(URL: http://www.china.org.cn/chinese/2019-08/08/content_75080256.htm)

Chen Kaige restores Shenzhou 11 return cabin landing

t_16.gifPrint t_17.gif E-mailChina Network 2019-08-08
Adjust the font size: t_18.gift_19.gif

China Network August 8th, "Me and My Motherland" traces the 70th anniversary of the founding of New China with seven stories to the journey of common people and the motherland. Today, the film released a trailer for the "White Meteor". "White Cattle Meteor" was directed by Chen Kaige to restore the successful landing of the Shenzhou 11 spacecraft return capsule.

At 13:59 on November 18, 2016, the Shenzhou 11 spacecraft returning to the cabin successfully landed, like a meteor in the white, shocking everyone waiting in front of the screen. In order to truly restore this important historical moment, Chen Kaige invited the astronauts Jing Haipeng and Chen Dong to participate in the filming.

The crew made the props real, not only the special vehicles, the return cabin parachute was the real thing at the time, but also the spacesuits of the two astronauts in the film.

To this end, Chen Kaige called the Gobi Beach work car, props and military vehicles for more than a hundred vehicles, and built a crew on the Gobi. The staff formed a "film research group", watched a large amount of materials, familiar with the different states of the return cabin, and repeatedly went to the National Aerospace Museum for calculation. In the end, this group of enthusiastic creators, together with the witnesses of the events at that time, restored the grand occasion at the time of the Dunhuang Gobi.

6e5c237b-6286-4981-b8f7-b2174178236b.jpg"I and my motherland" "White Cattle Meteor" poster [Huaxia Movie for photo]

"White Cattle Meteor" directed the camera at the pair of young wandering brothers played by Liu Yuran and Chen Feiyu. The two men lost in the face of the director of the retirement poverty alleviation office played by Tian Zhuangzhuang, the life has quietly changed, and witnessed the Shenzhou 11 spacecraft. The return to the cabin was a great historical moment in the successful landing, and the heart was greatly baptized.

In order to better integrate into the role, Liu Yuran and Chen Feiyu subverted the sleek and handsome image in the film, and the clothes were worn and gray. The wind and sand of the Dunhuang film studio also impressed the two people. "Every day eats the wind and eats the soil and eats the sand. Every day, it is like a job. It is another way to come back."

The film "Me and My Motherland" was produced by Huaxia Film Distribution Co., Ltd., led by Chen Kaige as the general director, Huang Jianxin as the chief producer, Chen Kaige, Zhang Yibai, Guan Hu, Xue Xiaolu, Xu Wei, Ning Hao, and Wen Muye. Co-directed, and dozens of outstanding actors joined. The film will be released on October 1, 2019.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 2

Also, here's another one! Arthur is reported to be taking part in a new variety show called "The Actor Please Take the Position" (of course Google often gives funny translation). OK, Chen Kaige is also involved in this show as one of the tutors, aside from names like Zhao Wei and Guo Jingming. It's reported they are shooting in Zhejiang this weekend, but no further information about when it will be broadcast.

(Source: http://www.fengfeng.cc/news/yule/34638.html)

ETA: Ah, Dramapotatoe & Smilemochie just tweeted about it!

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, caranita said:

Also, here's another one! Arthur is reported to be taking part in a new variety show called "The Actor Please Take the Position" (of course Google often gives funny translation). OK, Chen Kaige is also involved in this show as one of the tutors, aside from names like Zhao Wei and Guo Jingming. It's reported they are shooting in Zhejiang this weekend, but no further information about when it will be broadcast.

(Source: http://www.fengfeng.cc/news/yule/34638.html)

ETA: Ah, Dramapotatoe & Smilemochie just tweeted about it!

I wonder which platform that this show will be. Will the actors be in different team under each tutor. 

7 hours ago, caranita said:

What kind of variety show is it?

• Like 1

On 8/8/2019 at 7:35 PM, caranita said:

Thanks again to LHR fans, we've got the subs for the clip @Lbpg shared earlier! :)

Okay... That's pretty freaking cool :D can't wait to see this! Thanks so much for sharing! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

17 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Looks like a competition? Sounds similar to the singing ones where the contestants get matched up with professional singers as coaches. Curious as to what it'll look like for acting, if that's how this works too. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

Sistas!

Here's an article claiming that Legend of Awakening will start in August! Among 5 dramas scheduled to air this month, LoA is the only costume/historical one. There's no exact date given; it'll possibly follow the pattern of other period dramas, ie get broadcast without notification, let alone advertisement.

http://mini.eastday.com/a/190810110707033.html

On 8/10/2019 at 12:06 AM, epinklyn said:

On 8/10/2019 at 5:43 PM, Lbpg said:

Looks like a competition? Sounds similar to the singing ones where the contestants get matched up with professional singers as coaches. Curious as to what it'll look like for acting, if that's how this works too. 

Some netizens assume it's a competition on acting skill (and the progress) of the participating actors, very much like "I Am An Actor". Many names on the list are pretty well-known! Of course with judges like CKG, Feng Xiaogang, Zhao Wei and Guo Jingming there will be many attention to the show. 

@mei2018 I think it will be broadcast on Tencent?

Now, on to Arthur news corner (LOL). Please note that I found them on random sites:

- CFY is recording another Happy Camp episode on August 20

- He'll endorse Tissot watches

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

6 hours ago, caranita said:

Sistas!

Here's an article claiming that Legend of Awakening will start in August! Among 5 dramas scheduled to air this month, LoA is the only costume/historical one. There's no exact date given; it'll possibly follow the pattern of other period dramas, ie get broadcast without notification, let alone advertisement.

http://mini.eastday.com/a/190810110707033.html

Some netizens assume it's a competition on acting skill (and the progress) of the participating actors, very much like "I Am An Actor". Many names on the list are pretty well-known! Of course with judges like CKG, Feng Xiaogang, Zhao Wei and Guo Jingming there will be many attention to the show. 

@mei2018 I think it will be broadcast on Tencent?

Now, on to Arthur news corner (LOL). Please note that I found them on random sites:

- CFY is recording another Happy Camp episode on August 20

- He'll endorse Tissot watches

Omgggggg!!! This is the best news ever!!!! Hopefully the news is confirmed!!! I cant wait to watch LoA! Really a year of Arthur!! 

For the variety show, i think it will be a great opportunity to get some lessons from some great names in the biz! But i believe it will consuming his times a lot, i wonder how on earth he will manage with his coming-up college and job schedules.

Tissot will be another international brand for him, although it is not as lux as omega, but it is enough for now!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, epinklyn said:

For the variety show, i think it will be a great opportunity to get some lessons from some great names in the biz! But i believe it will consuming his times a lot, i wonder how on earth he will manage with his coming-up college and job schedules.

While I agree with you that the variety show will be a great opportunity for him, I'm half-enthused frankly because CKG's name is also attached to it. It could be a coincidence, or he wanted to support CKG's project (and/or vice versa: CKG wanted to support his project), or one of them is actually not part of this show (because so far the list of the show's participants is not confirmed). It's one thing to star in CKG's movies, but a competition show is another thing. Well, he probably wants to prove that he's not afraid to be criticized in public and before his father. If that's the case, I must praise him (though my weak heart will bleed LOL).

• LOL 3

3 hours ago, caranita said:

While I agree with you that the variety show will be a great opportunity for him, I'm half-enthused frankly because CKG's name is also attached to it. It could be a coincidence, or he wanted to support CKG's project (and/or vice versa: CKG wanted to support his project), or one of them is actually not part of this show (because so far the list of the show's participants is not confirmed). It's one thing to star in CKG's movies, but a competition show is another thing. Well, he probably wants to prove that he's not afraid to be criticized in public and before his father. If that's the case, I must praise him (though my weak heart will bleed LOL).

So true, right? I mean already nepotism is evident in more than a few projects, I hope he gets to do more things that are more independent from his family. LoA will be good to watch, I agree, I can't wait either (though just thinking of the weird colors on the costumes and his long hair makes me want to roll my eyes already lol.. Sorry!!) 

I hope this time at happy camp he comes across more relaxed. It would be good to see that evolution in him soon. It's great that he's a shy guy, but the awkwardness has been a bit painful to watch in happy camp lol. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

13 hours ago, Lbpg said:

So true, right? I mean already nepotism is evident in more than a few projects, I hope he gets to do more things that are more independent from his family. LoA will be good to watch, I agree, I can't wait either (though just thinking of the weird colors on the costumes and his long hair makes me want to roll my eyes already lol.. Sorry!!) 

I hope this time at happy camp he comes across more relaxed. It would be good to see that evolution in him soon. It's great that he's a shy guy, but the awkwardness has been a bit painful to watch in happy camp lol. 

I think that his team would like to gradually make him to be less shy. If you notice, the guests in the happy  camp this time are people that he knew before. So I think he will be more comfortable.. For the variety show with his dad, it will be another practice/lesson for him

• Like 1
  • Love 2

9 hours ago, mei2018 said:

I think that his team would like to gradually make him to be less shy. If you notice, the guests in the happy  camp this time are people that he knew before. So I think he will be more comfortable.. For the variety show with his dad, it will be another practice/lesson for him

Is there any pics released?

• Insightful 1