[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

tothestars

On 7/31/2019 at 11:51 AM, caranita said:

I looooove Sandra, although among her recent dramas I only like her performance in Oh My General. But she's a great actress -- you guys have to watch her in SoulMate (for which she won the Golden Horse awards for Best Actress) or the Left Ear.

I've heard soulmate is very good! And left ear is related to secret fruit, I thought? The teacher's story? 

LOL, I know right? They should just broadcast Legend of the Awakening on that day too hahahh... 

LOL... Can you imagine? I wouldn't get much work done in October :D

On a more serious note, haven't heard anything about Flowers premiere date. Haven't heard anything about Flowers at all these days. But I assume they have wrapped up filming, because Arthur's August schedule doesn't mention filming and Liu Haoran seems to be on location for Detective Chinatown 3.

Interesting! Timely too, since he's starting school next month. They started filming back in May? I can't recall.. Wonder what that all looks like if they're done already. So used to the long filming schedules like for Ever Night. 

BTW feel free even to discuss Gong Yoo here if you want to :D .

Oh, girl, trust.. You don't want me to start! This is cfy-level obsession. I'd get reprimanded for off topic posts LOL. Having said that, I watched his episode of Running Man and I'd never seen a reality show like that before. I love it!! Also, his ~24 year old self in Hello My Teacher is omg.... his 40 year old self is like fine wine, but the younger years are not bad either! (let's leave it at that :joy:

• LOL 2

11 hours ago, caranita said:

This is their mom's birthday, right? Little Arthur is so cute! :))))

Hahha yess, it is Chen Hong's Bday. The two boys are so awesome!

Yeah i think shooting a movie, especially non-action drama will take only 1-2 months in maximum? Just in time he has to prepare for the college entrance. 

I just read that Jackson Yee from Longest Hour in ChangAn, he is younger than cfy couple months, but he already a student from Central Academy, how come? 

6 hours ago, Lbpg said:

Oh, girl, trust.. You don't want me to start! This is cfy-level obsession. I'd get reprimanded for off topic posts LOL. Having said that, I watched his episode of Running Man and I'd never seen a reality show like that before. I love it!! Also, his ~24 year old self in Hello My Teacher is omg.... his 40 year old self is like fine wine, but the younger years are not bad either! (let's leave it at that :joy:

Lol, i watched those running man Goong Yoo a long long long time ago, how come you.. LoL but it is okay, he is just precious, manly and cute at the same time. I think we have the same "collection" LOL

• Like 1
  • Love 1

A rumor from Cheng Xiao's camp that Legend of Awakening is slated for Q4 2019. Can't find similar info elsewhere, so let's take it with a ton of salt. While it's likely a mere rumor, there's a sliiiiiiight chance it can be true but the company can't advertise it now (for obvious reason you all are aware of). 

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1

4 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

I just read that Jackson Yee from Longest Hour in ChangAn, he is younger than cfy couple months, but he already a student from Central Academy, how come? 

I think that's due to the fact that Arthur took a leave from school for almost a year for Ever Night, no? 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, epinklyn said:

Hahha yess, it is Chen Hong's Bday. The two boys are so awesome!

They are! I missed commenting on that before - great find! 

Yeah i think shooting a movie, especially non-action drama will take only 1-2 months in maximum? Just in time he has to prepare for the college entrance. 

True true, I don't know why I've lost the concept of what is a normal filming duration, with all these long long dramas with 6+ months of filming. Ha! 

Lol, i watched those running man Goong Yoo a long long long time ago, how come you.. LoL but it is okay, he is just precious, manly and cute at the same time. I think we have the same "collection" LOL

I just discovered him this last month (I've only been watching dramas since December, I'm a newbie! Such a great world to discover!!) and yes, manly, cute, approachable, oh man, just a great package. If we do share similar tastes, I'd love to hear of others you recommend checking out ;)

1 hour ago, caranita said:

I think that's due to the fact that Arthur took a leave from school for almost a year for Ever Night, no? 

You're right, he's starting at 19. Is it normal to start university at 18 over there as well? 

1 hour ago, caranita said:

A rumor from Cheng Xiao's camp that Legend of Awakening is slated for Q4 2019. Can't find similar info elsewhere, so let's take it with a ton of salt. While it's likely a mere rumor, there's a sliiiiiiight chance it can be true but the company can't advertise it now (for obvious reason you all are aware of). 

That'd be amazing! And hey, October 1st is technically q4.... :D

It may be that I'm sleepy and my head is foggy, but what reasons would there be for not advertising? 

• Awesome 2

2 hours ago, Lbpg said:

You're right, he's starting at 19. Is it normal to start university at 18 over there as well? 

I believe so, 18 or 19 years old. 

2 hours ago, Lbpg said:

That'd be amazing! And hey, October 1st is technically q4.... :D

It may be that I'm sleepy and my head is foggy, but what reasons would there be for not advertising? 

Hahaha you know what? There's also a rumor that EN2 will be broadcast in October. But didn't the production company itself state that EN2 is scheduled for Feb 2020 airing?

Since October 1 IS China's National Day & this year they're celebrating the 70th anniversary of the Chinese communist revolution, I think dramas airing in that month and the following months will revolve around the patriotic themes. Not all of them, of course, but a good chunk.

Regarding the no advertisement, it's the current regulation for historical dramas not to advertise (which is also due to the anniversary of the communist revolution). So you see some of them quietly appear on air (like Longest Day in Chang An, Young Blood, and of course Novoland Eagle Flag). 

In fact the NRTA recently issued a 100-day broadcast policy, in which only dramas with certain themes will be allowed to air during the period of 100 days starting from August. You can read more details here: http://www.dramapanda.com/2019/07/chinese-govt-stipulates-selection-of-tv.html

• Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/2/2019 at 2:27 AM, caranita said:

Hahaha you know what? There's also a rumor that EN2 will be broadcast in October. But didn't the production company itself state that EN2 is scheduled for Feb 2020 airing?

I saw that when dw went to the Philippines there was a post on IG I saw that mentioned October of this year. I hadn't heard February but had heard June or July of next year. Either way, we're awaiting eagerly!! Webnovel will be done with translations on Monday, can't wait for that either!!! 

Since October 1 IS China's National Day & this year they're celebrating the 70th anniversary of the Chinese communist revolution, I think dramas airing in that month and the following months will revolve around the patriotic themes. Not all of them, of course, but a good chunk.

That makes sense why even that snowman movie would screen in October, since it elevates the beauty of the country. It wasn't making sense to me otherwise. Ahhh it's all propaganda, sadly. 

Regarding the no advertisement, it's the current regulation for historical dramas not to advertise (which is also due to the anniversary of the communist revolution). So you see some of them quietly appear on air (like Longest Day in Chang An, Young Blood, and of course Novoland Eagle Flag). 

In fact the NRTA recently issued a 100-day broadcast policy, in which only dramas with certain themes will be allowed to air during the period of 100 days starting from August. You can read more details here: http://www.dramapanda.com/2019/07/chinese-govt-stipulates-selection-of-tv.html

Thanks for the link! That's crazy.. I didn't realize historical dramas weren't allowed to advertise at all. Fans do a lot of legwork anyway, and I suppose that even if they were to advertise a premiere date, it's still not firm so why bother, eh? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, epinklyn said:

New series?

That'd be great! Put him in long hair again, please! If he's done filming the movies for now, I hope that hair starts to grow out very soon... :D

• LOL 2

12 hours ago, epinklyn said:

About Snowman Romance, so cuteee!

I agree, they're cute! Ha, I remember back in "Back to Field 3" airing days, some netizens started to ship them, because of the way Arthur was looking at Zifeng at one point. But that's just how he often is: looking straight at whomever is talking to him. 

12 hours ago, epinklyn said:

New series?

Haven't read anything about it. Is it possible he was just visiting a TV station/production company/TV set?

3 hours ago, Lbpg said:

That'd be great! Put him in long hair again, please! If he's done filming the movies for now, I hope that hair starts to grow out very soon... :D

Words, words, words!

BTW, I found a couple of more news outlets (in Chinese) claiming that the Legend of Awakening will air sooner. One even says it's going to be in August! So let's cross our fingers but keep calm, manage our expectation :D 

• Awesome 2

7 minutes ago, caranita said:

BTW, I found a couple of more news outlets (in Chinese) claiming that the Legend of Awakening will air sooner. One even says it's going to be in August! So let's cross our fingers but keep calm, manage our expectation :D 

Oh! Post them, I'll get them checked out! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

7 hours ago, caranita said:

@Lbpg and others,

Apologies, I couldn't find the articles about Legend of Awakening airing time. Oh well, maybe it was pulled out for whatever reason? Sorryyyyy :( 

Aww no worries!! My friend digs around on her own as well, if she finds anything I'll let you ladies know :)

• Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/4/2019 at 1:19 AM, Lbpg said:

Short hair is very easy to take care, though. After shaving my head once, now I keep very short hair.

CFY may like to keep it. LOL

• LOL 1
  • Awesome 2

6 hours ago, mei2018 said:

Short hair is very easy to take care, though. After shaving my head once, now I keep very short hair.

CFY may like to keep it. LOL

True... This was me for a while, now I have it long but it's always in a ponytail. I'm too lazy for long hair haha

• LOL 2