[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

tothestars

16 minutes ago, Lbpg said:

All you ladies are awesome with all this hard to find stuff! I really miss having a computer at home... Searching for all this stuff on the phone is so inconvenient... I'm so grateful for all of you too (and yes, especially @epinklyn, she's got mad Google Fu skills, I tell you! Haha) 

Hahahaha no i only depend on Weibo, Baidu, and TikTok, cant do nothing without them... Still since i cant read hanzi properly, so i still missing a lot of gems, have to count on you ladies!

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Lbpg said:

Ugh not the first time I detected that bit of sadness in this kid in interviews, just want to give him a hug sometimes"

You and I both! 

True, I think this is the second time he says in an interview that he looks forward to having more friends at the university. We know he's an introvert, it's not easy for him to make friends. I'm wondering about his friends from his school in Beijing and from Tabor -- does he still keep in contact with them? It may be hard to do, because his work commitments make him on the road all the time. 

I sense that he's been very careful with questions regarding his female costars. He seems to want to avoid any potential rumor. Perhaps he doesn't want to be trapped in CP-ness, which in the long run might be harmful for them. Who knows, maybe also to protect them? The Cnetizens could be very, very harsh. Namecalling Song Yiren and He Landou, for instance. I don't know about Nana back then, but the case could be different with Nana since Nana is a bigger star, while both SYR and HLD are starlets. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

51 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

Video from Secret Fruit Roadshow to Chengdu about 2 years ago. His facial was still so teen, not like now, becoming more manly.

https://m.weibo.cn/s/video/index?object_id=1042151:4383920498890242&segment_id=4383920498890242

He definitely filled out a bit for NQ (and since), he didn't look super young like he did in secret fruit or videos like this, even though he was still 17 then. Crazy. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, caranita said:

True, I think this is the second time he says in an interview that he looks forward to having more friends at the university. We know he's an introvert, it's not easy for him to make friends. I'm wondering about his friends from his school in Beijing and from Tabor -- does he still keep in contact with them? It may be hard to do, because his work commitments make him on the road all the time. 

I sense that he's been very careful with questions regarding his female costars. He seems to want to avoid any potential rumor. Perhaps he doesn't want to be trapped in CP-ness, which in the long run might be harmful for them. Who knows, maybe also to protect them? The Cnetizens could be very, very harsh. Namecalling Song Yiren and He Landou, for instance. I don't know about Nana back then, but the case could be different with Nana since Nana is a bigger star, while both SYR and HLD are starlets. 

I'm sure he's been well-coached on what to say and how to say it (perhaps since the very candid interviews back for secret fruit, where Nana teased him that people would think he's mentally ill, because of how he expressed himself several times.. Ayayay) It's nice he's careful with the costars to not make it easy for the c-netizens to bully them. They can be quite rabid! 

A kid that age definitely needs a strong social support system, however big or small. Hope he focuses on quality, especially for celebrities I'd imagine you need to be careful about who you let in. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Lbpg said:

The slim-fitting outfits he wears sometimes are so, so good on him, like that white one Dior put him in for the event in Chengdu back in April, I think it was. The cherry blossoms on pants led the outfit to be denominated by us as the "Dior butt blossoms" era, sexy hair and all. ;)

Words!! He looked very handsome in this white outfit, and his hair was perfectly styled. 

The thing about Arthur is, when he's in his own daily wears he looks like your next door teenager, despite his height. He always picks earth tones or darker hues. (Although somehow he's always a standout). Roomier clothes might be up to his liking though :))).

I think he needs to pull off his charm more in his interviews. Don't just save it for your screen characters, Arthur! He always comes across dorky, nerdy, and quiet in his interviews -- and lately he even appears more reserved, although still very polite. I'm comparing his recent interviews with the ones he did for Secret Fruit and Ever Night. 

Anyway, the Evening Guest apparently receives a lot of attention from China now, thanks to My Best Summer! They uploaded new videos of Nobody's Home and Save Your Breath with Chinese-translated lyrics. Here's what they wrote in their YouTube channel:

We were recently featured in 3 trailers for Chinese teen drama "My Best Summer". Ever since then, we've gotten a TON of requests from China about accessing our music since they have different streaming platforms. We've been working hard on getting on QQ music and Easynet.

Until then, you can check us out on Weibo https://www.weibo.com/p/1005057188756908

Trailer 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLd1M...

Trailer 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4bBC...

Trailer 3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ijvV...

And yes, of course they've opened their own Weibo account. Good for them, getting some exposure in a huge market like China. I really, really hope they get credit in the movie. Their music helps set the ambience of the trailers and made the trailers even more attractive.

Another interesting thing is that their singer wrote Save Your Breath  "about the struggles of getting older and loosing track of what was important to him in his youth" (per their answer to a comment on Save Your Breath video). How coincidental is that???

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, caranita said:

Words!! He looked very handsome in this white outfit, and his hair was perfectly styled. 

The thing about Arthur is, when he's in his own daily wears he looks like your next door teenager, despite his height. He always picks earth tones or darker hues. (Although somehow he's always a standout). Roomier clothes might be up to his liking though :))).

I think he needs to pull off his charm more in his interviews. Don't just save it for your screen characters, Arthur! He always comes across dorky, nerdy, and quiet in his interviews -- and lately he even appears more reserved, although still very polite. I'm comparing his recent interviews with the ones he did for Secret Fruit and Ever Night. 

He often looks well put together (I keep comparing him to dw in my mind - don't shoot me, idk why!!!! Hahahaha! Dw always looks like he pulled himself out of a trash can) no matter what he's wearing. Always pleasing to the eye for sure :)

We noticed his becoming way more reserved and coming across sullen and not really wanting to be there, wherever he is. I'm happy to see he appeared to be having fun on happy camp.. The day they filmed he looked particularly aloof. I just hope he's okay - it'd be great to see that cheerfulness when not in front of studio cameras, but as long as he's true to himself, it's all good 

16 minutes ago, caranita said:

Anyway, the Evening Guest apparently receives a lot of attention from China now, thanks to My Best Summer! They uploaded new videos of Nobody's Home and Save Your Breath with Chinese-translated lyrics. Here's what they wrote in their YouTube channel:

And yes, of course they've opened their own Weibo account. Good for them, getting some exposure in a huge market like China. I really, really hope they get credit in the movie. Their music helps set the ambience of the trailers and made the trailers even more attractive.

Another interesting thing is that their singer wrote Save Your Breath  "about the struggles of getting older and loosing track of what was important to him in his youth" (per their answer to a comment on Save Your Breath video). How coincidental is that???

That's such a great surprise! Nice find, @caranita! I'm going to have to listen more closely to that song, for sure ;) I didn't see them get credit in my movie itself (I looked out for cfy and them specifically, too, but who knows, I may have missed it. Their songs are really gems, that trumpet is like butter haha

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Yeah i am trying to find, i think i have to install another app, i have installed one but they ask for cellphone number but the digit is less than my number LOL, wait for me ok... Hopefully there is someone uploaded it on weibo or else where, actually there are some clips i have posted here that also have longer version. If i can managed have those, i will share in here.

Sorry ladies, i failed LOL, dont know how, i have installed 3 apps still the same, managed to click share to the apps, but nothing happened sigh... Still curious but will try again later, i think i should check on google.

• Love 2

2 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Sorry ladies, i failed LOL, dont know how, i have installed 3 apps still the same, managed to click share to the apps, but nothing happened sigh... Still curious but will try again later, i think i should check on google.

Don't worry! You've been sharing a lot of gems here!

• Love 2

5 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Mother's meeting clip

Ahhh...  this will lead to an emotional scene when GG confronts YH about his mom thinking she's a bad influence on YH because of her grades :(((

Thanks again for sharing all the clips, @epinklyn, I got to reminisce the movie scenes :) 

17 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Arrived at PEK at 01 in the morning 190617

19 hours ago, Lbpg said:

We noticed his becoming way more reserved and coming across sullen and not really wanting to be there, wherever he is. I'm happy to see he appeared to be having fun on happy camp.. The day they filmed he looked particularly aloof. I just hope he's okay - it'd be great to see that cheerfulness when not in front of studio cameras, but as long as he's true to himself, it's all good 

He's probably too tired with all the endorsement works, photoshoots, BFA entrance tests, etc. They went all out for promoting My Best Summer, with road shows, magazine photoshoots, Happy Camp and Back to Field. Remember that he wasn't in one of the road shows? I wonder if he had to take a rest. And he was having a cold when filming Back to Field. Ayayaya... His agent, Huang Bin, is also the Exec Producer for MBS. IIRC, when Huang Bin was agent for Zhao Liying, Liying was, like, working 24/7, 365 days. Did CFY get his Dior endorsement contract after he signed with Huang Bin? (Because ZLY was also repping Dior, and so was Angelababy. Huang Bin was Huang Xiaoming's agent at one point). I remember reading somewhere that compared with other agents, Huang Bin tends to manage very few artists. He's good in getting high end/prestigious endorsements, but he also likes the limelight for himself LOL. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

4 hours ago, caranita said:

He's probably too tired with all the endorsement works, photoshoots, BFA entrance tests, etc. They went all out for promoting My Best Summer, with road shows, magazine photoshoots, Happy Camp and Back to Field. Remember that he wasn't in one of the road shows? I wonder if he had to take a rest. And he was having a cold when filming Back to Field. Ayayaya... His agent, Huang Bin, is also the Exec Producer for MBS. IIRC, when Huang Bin was agent for Zhao Liying, Liying was, like, working 24/7, 365 days. Did CFY get his Dior endorsement contract after he signed with Huang Bin? (Because ZLY was also repping Dior, and so was Angelababy. Huang Bin was Huang Xiaoming's agent at one point). I remember reading somewhere that compared with other agents, Huang Bin tends to manage very few artists. He's good in getting high end/prestigious endorsements, but he also likes the limelight for himself LOL. 

Well that's a double edged sword, isn't it? Good to keep busy, but let the guy breathe too, yikes. I didn't know any of that info, that's interesting!

By the way, friend found a video of the last 15 mins of the movie which she thought was watchable. Asking her for a link, not sure it can be posted here - it's from weibo. 

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, Lbpg said:

Well that's a double edged sword, isn't it? Good to keep busy, but let the guy breathe too, yikes. I didn't know any of that info, that's interesting!

Just found the Dramapanda post about Zhao Liying terminating ("discontinuing" is probably the more appropriate term) her contract with Huang Bin. Read the comments for interesting info (pretty much in line with what I wrote).

http://www.dramapanda.com/2018/10/zhao-liying-parts-ways-with-manager.html

Zhao Liying worked so hard when she was with Huang Bin, and I think she got ill? There were news about her having to take a long rest. Ironically, dramas that made her C-dramaland's biggest star a few years back were done when she was with her former agent. (I think it was the Huayi brothers).

18 minutes ago, Lbpg said:

By the way, friend found a video of the last 15 mins of the movie which she thought was watchable. Asking her for a link, not sure it can be posted here - it's from weibo. 

Huaaa... thank you!!

• Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, caranita said:

Just found the Dramapanda post about Zhao Liying terminating ("discontinuing" is probably the more appropriate term) her contract with Huang Bin. Read the comments for interesting info (pretty much in line with what I wrote).

http://www.dramapanda.com/2018/10/zhao-liying-parts-ways-with-manager.html

Huaaa... thank you!!

Thanks and you're welcome! Here's the link - enjoy! It starts with the friend telling her Yu Huai is acting and he never went to the US. Let the tears rolls down! HLD is so good in these scenes, and our guy is mmmm good ;)

@epinklyn I know you'll enjoy this find in particular! :)

https://video.h5.weibo.cn/1034:4384344413027270/4384346775124031

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1