[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

tothestars

42 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

Hmmmm it will pass midnight though, is it safe for you? maybe you can suggest earlier schedule? Like 8 pm? Or change location nearer to your work or home? 

Awwwwwww i am smiling reading your review, really really they were in the age of clueless LOL, cfy looks so cute and handsome in that scene, YH like want to do anything for GG, but he wondered why GG asking something so weird LOL.

Uuufff yeah I'd get home at like 1 or 2 in the morning. It's safe, it's just late. Even though Los Angeles has had the movie playing in the largest number of screens in the US, they're not super close to me. The closest one no longer is playing it today :'(

That scene with the beer is so random. He went to get her some food (they're at a KFC) and when he was gone her friends ran up to her with the beer cans and told her to make him drink. So the beer came out of nowhere, from his perspective (he didn't see her friends). Definitely confused the heck out of him, and made for some very cute looks haha

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

35 minutes ago, Lbpg said:

Uuufff yeah I'd get home at like 1 or 2 in the morning. It's safe, it's just late. Even though Los Angeles has had the movie playing in the largest number of screens in the US, they're not super close to me. The closest one no longer is playing it today :'(

That scene with the beer is so random. He went to get her some food (they're at a KFC) and when he was gone her friends ran up to her with the beer cans and told her to make him drink. So the beer came out of nowhere, from his perspective (he didn't see her friends). Definitely confused the heck out of him, and made for some very cute looks haha

Hmmmm maybe better you watch on sat noon?

Yeah so random! YH only grab one beer can, he only holding it without saying words and suddenly GG saying that if he cant drink, means he cant protect her? And if he get drunk, GG will carry him LOL! totally random and cute! 

I think from the clips so far, i can say the film will make you smile and laugh not because of their literally comedy, but because of their innocent, ackwardness and like you said clueless. Love can make someone become stupid or smart LOL. But dont know whether it is true or not. Just my shallow opinion from the clips #desperately

• Like 2

3 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Hmmmm maybe better you watch on sat noon?

I think from the clips so far, i can say the film will make you smile and laugh not because of their literally comedy, but because of their innocent, ackwardness and like you said clueless. Love can make someone become stupid or smart LOL. But dont know whether it is true or not. Just my shallow opinion from the clips #desperately

Movie is out of theaters tomorrow already, so today is the last chance :( but no regrets, I saw it and it made me happy :)

Definitely agree with your thoughts on the funny bits. The innocence is very endearing, and the loss of the innocence makes it very heartbreaking. 

I hope @caranita can find *ahem* alternative ways to watch it soon for us lol! 

• LOL 1

4 hours ago, Lbpg said:

I hope @caranita can find *ahem* alternative ways to watch it soon for us lol! 

Hahahahah, I like your term "alternative" :lol:. So far I've not been able to find a watchable one. We might have to wait for a little longer :( , but I'll surely keep looking ladies! Add oil! 

I'm guessing they discontinue the showings in the US as they're going to start the Canadian showings. I notice here they've stopped some showings this week, but hinted there might be additional showings for next week. Who knows if it stays longer here with weekly intermission -- I might be able to get my second time watching, as I have an upcoming business trip to Auckland within the next two weeks. (I doubt it though).

I do think they missed the opportunity by skipping Southeast Asia, @epinklyn. My feeling is Arthur has larger fanbases there than in here or in the States.  Romcoms also tend to fare better in Southeast Asia market (or Asia in general), no?

9 hours ago, Lbpg said:

Ha! Her friends are giving her advice on how to get him to like her (like that's the problem.... Ahhhhh they're all so clueless lol) so they stalk them at this restaurant (they were studying there. He's always helping her with schoolwork) and give her 2 beers to drink and share with YH, I can't remember what the end result they wanted was, I think to get him drunk? Didn't work... She's the one that got drunk lol. The friends were sitting in another table in disguise. 

The scene where she's in a bus and he's riding his bike next to her, that was the first move her friends taught her: lose your bike keys "accidentally" so he had to give you a ride back home on his bike. He ends up putting her on a bus instead, but while she's in it, he realizes he should've offered to ride on his bike, so he chases after her. It's sweet :)

Their friends want him to get drunk so he''ll confess to her, hahahahh! Instead, she's the one who gets drunk and he has to carry her home. 

I loveeee that bike thing!

Spoiler

And the second one, after their friends leave (when they're supposed to have their, ehm, first date), when he pretends to hop on the bus, but comes out from the other door to surprise her. And of course the scene after their real date when they run away from the restaurant. It's even more bittersweet later as he reminisces that moment when he deliberately takes her hand, so she won't suspect that he actually wants to hold hands with her :wub:.

This is not going to be an award-winning movie. But it gives you all the bitter sweet feelings watching them, those butterflies in the stomach, and non-stop, ear-to-ear grinning... ahhh, being young and in love! 

My one complaint about the 7 years later part is that despite CFY's unkempt hair and dispassionate eyes, he still looks a little too fair for me. If only they had tanned him a little bit, it would've been a perfect appearance (acting is spot on, though). 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

12 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Joseph Zheng and CFY were wearing the same shirt model :joy:

LOL, and who'd have thought they'd be performing on stage together??? Serendipity! :)))

18 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Found this, i never seen this before...

I have seen this before, but thanks for posting this. I'm now in love with CFY-HLD pairing, but still have to say that his pairing with SYR is magical. They have this tremendous chemistry on AND off camera. I'm also sure that at that time he was smitten with her LOL.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, caranita said:

I'm guessing they discontinue the showings in the US as they're going to start the Canadian showings. I notice here they've stopped some showings this week, but hinted there might be additional showings for next week. Who knows if it stays longer here with weekly intermission -- I might be able to get my second time watching, as I have an upcoming business trip to Auckland within the next two weeks. (I doubt it though).

I do think they missed the opportunity by skipping Southeast Asia, @epinklyn. My feeling is Arthur has larger fanbases there than in here or in the States.  Romcoms also tend to fare better in Southeast Asia market (or Asia in general), no?

Suddenly i feel there is a little hope after reading your statement about the showing in U.S is discontinue because they are going to start showing in Canada, maybe Southeast Asia will be next after another continent? Please? LOL, at least in Malaysia, Singapore or Thailand maybe? I will try hard to go there esp Singapore, the closest one. 

Yeah you are so so right @caranita, larger fan base in here, but maybe they know the south east asia also more into K-ent these days than into C-ent, so larger fan base doesnt mean will be good for business sigh... There are more k-movies that has screening in here than c-movies, only c-blockbuster movies will be showing here. We are more hollywood and k-movies base camp.

1 hour ago, caranita said:

This is not going to be an award-winning movie. But it gives you all the bitter sweet feelings watching them, those butterflies in the stomach, and non-stop, ear-to-ear grinning... ahhh, being young and in love! 

My one complaint about the 7 years later part is that despite CFY's unkempt hair and dispassionate eyes, he still looks a little too fair for me. If only they had tanned him a little bit, it would've been a perfect appearance (acting is spot on, though). 

Yes, hmmmm maybe award for cfy n hld for best new comer or best actor/actress? 

Hmmm sorry, but why would YH get tanned? Since he works as blue collar worker?

5 hours ago, Lbpg said:

Movie is out of theaters tomorrow already, so today is the last chance :( but no regrets, I saw it and it made me happy :)

I agree dont push it, you have saw it once, that is enough, just watch for another time in youtube with me and other southeast asia fans LOL....

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, caranita said:

Hahahahah, I like your term "alternative" :lol:. So far I've not been able to find a watchable one. We might have to wait for a little longer :( , but I'll surely keep looking ladies! Add oil! 

Ha! Oil! I've never heard that expression lol. Oil and vinegar and car lubricant and salad dressing, and anything that'll help! I'm surprised you've found anything at all, even if unwatchable haha. I remember buying bootleg movies in Hong Kong a long time ago, and traveling back to Singapore with them. I was so scared of how they warn you against bringing in contraband when filling out the immigration forms LOL I felt like such a criminal. 

Ooooo I hope they bring it back for you! I'll keep looking out, who knows.. They bring Chinese movies over here often, unsure about others, but agreed that you'd think they would bring them to SE Asia if they're bringing them to the US!! Here I don't think he's known much at all, no. Frankly, I found him because I found MG on Netflix and looked up DW, found out about EN2 and decided to check out the original so I knew what it was about when EN2 rolled around. Needless to say... DW who?? Lol. 

3 hours ago, caranita said:

Their friends want him to get drunk so he''ll confess to her, hahahahh! Instead, she's the one who gets drunk and he has to carry her home. 

I loveeee that bike thing!

Reveal hidden contents

And the second one, after their friends leave (when they're supposed to have their, ehm, first date), when he pretends to hop on the bus, but comes out from the other door to surprise her. And of course the scene after their real date when they run away from the restaurant. It's even more bittersweet later as he reminisces that moment when he deliberately takes her hand, so she won't suspect that he actually wants to hold hands with her :wub:.

Oh yes!! Hilarious... Those girls are awesome schemers lol. The bike and bus thing is awesome! I laughed hard when she ended up riding the bus, but was so light and smiling when he realized he almost missed his opportunity! 

Spoiler

Awww I remember he mentioned something about wanting to hold her hand, but I couldn't remember what or when... That's so sweet :) the restaurant scene where he realizes he had no money to pay for the food didn't land at first, that was the reality he lives in. It was all the more poignant when you learn how they went bankrupt and how it didn't matter, he made a commitment to GG, and he was going to keep it. He's very noble.

And don't get me started again on the radio interview......:''''(

Agreed, it's not a life changing story or anything, but it touches you right in the heart <3

I agree that older YH still looked very young, when out in the light (like when be walks into the restaurant for the reunion. That jacket also looked huge on him and so did the clothes in the final scene, but that may have been on purpose with the unkempt, old clothes, probably malnourished, look) But when in the shadows or in mood lighting, he pulls off the look amazingly. The acting is spot on for sure. 

1 hour ago, epinklyn said:

I agree dont push it, you have saw it once, that is enough, just watch for another time in youtube with me and other southeast asia fans LOL....

Hehe, deal! When it hits YouTube or @caranita get lucky, we'll celebrate so much with you and watch it again! 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Suddenly i feel there is a little hope after reading your statement about the showing in U.S is discontinue because they are going to start showing in Canada, maybe Southeast Asia will be next after another continent? Please? LOL, at least in Malaysia, Singapore or Thailand maybe? I will try hard to go there esp Singapore, the closest one. 

Yeah you are so so right @caranita, larger fan base in here, but maybe they know the south east asia also more into K-ent these days than into C-ent, so larger fan base doesnt mean will be good for business sigh... There are more k-movies that has screening in here than c-movies, only c-blockbuster movies will be showing here. We are more hollywood and k-movies base camp.

Amen, sista! Let's pray that they will bring it to Southeast Asia. I think CFY is quite popular in Thailand, no?

Speaking of popularity, K-movies and dramas might be very popular at one point, but I see the growing trend of Chinese movies/dramas/variety shows popularity. As someone who isn't into Korean dramas, I remember a few years ago it was very hard to have subbed Chinese dramas and find English blogs focusing on China's entertainment. More are available now. 

Yes, hmmmm maybe award for cfy n hld for best new comer or best actor/actress? 

Hmmm sorry, but why would YH get tanned? Since he works as blue collar worker?

CFY and HLD are natural and great in MBS, but they still have room to improve. And it's very rare for teen flicks or romcoms to get recognition in movie awards. Somehow they're considered not serious enough :P. Also, the Douban score isn't too encouraging :D. 

Yes, I would expect YH gets more tanned, or have panda eyes after graduating and being the breadwinner. He'll walk or use bicycles or public transport to commute. He doesn't have to look too dark ala Louis Koo. Remember that CFY could look great with freckles and tanned skin in Ever Night? I don't see the reason why he couldn't pull off that look again should his role require him to.

7 hours ago, Lbpg said:

Ha! Oil! I've never heard that expression lol. Oil and vinegar and car lubricant and salad dressing, and anything that'll help! I'm surprised you've found anything at all, even if unwatchable haha. I remember buying bootleg movies in Hong Kong a long time ago, and traveling back to Singapore with them. I was so scared of how they warn you against bringing in contraband when filling out the immigration forms LOL I felt like such a criminal. 

" Add oil" is originally a Chinese expression ("jia you") to give encouragement. I think the English counterpart should be, hm , "Go!", or "keep it up!" -- something like that. It's become a lingo among Asian drama fans. OK, maybe we can include vinegar,  or car lubricant or salad dressing :joy:.

Those links are totally misleading lol. The MBS "bootleg" that I found is actually a video made by someone in the audience. It's not even complete, and half of it the screen is covered by head silhouettes :))) So yeah, unwatchable. 

These days you won't have to buy pirated DVDs -- they're all in streaming sites! Although of course we have to be very careful with malwares, virus, etc; not to mention the annoying pop up ads. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, Lbpg said:

Frankly, I found him because I found MG on Netflix and looked up DW, found out about EN2 and decided to check out the original so I knew what it was about when EN2 rolled around. Needless to say... DW who?? Lol. 

Just notice this part, and I can't tell you how many times I've encountered similar stories. Those who check on EN because Dylan Wang will star in EN2, and end up stanning CFY lol. Of course there are also those who are not impressed with CFY and still think CFT lacks facial expressions, stiff, etc. There is also one or two who intentionally skip EN1 because they don't want to compare Dylan to Arthur when watching EN2 :)). But they are the minority (at least based on my observation). TBH I'm still a little salty that CFY won't be in EN2 but I'm healing now thanks to MBS (and I'm beyond happy that it's a success!), as well as his forthcoming projects. We have a few to look forward to this weekend: Happy Camp, Weibo Movie Awards, ... and maybe Back to Field?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, caranita said:

CFY and HLD are natural and great in MBS, but they still have room to improve. And it's very rare for teen flicks or romcoms to get recognition in movie awards. Somehow they're considered not serious enough :P. Also, the Douban score isn't too encouraging :D. 

Yes, I would expect YH gets more tanned, or have panda eyes after graduating and being the breadwinner. He'll walk or use bicycles or public transport to commute. He doesn't have to look too dark ala Louis Koo. Remember that CFY could look great with freckles and tanned skin in Ever Night? I don't see the reason why he couldn't pull off that look again should his role require him to.

Yeah i think teen movies like coming age are considered for new comer, young rise idol or actor something like that. So maybe two of them have the chance to get best new comer on prestogious movie award (the real movie award like golden horse or academy, in china).

Ah ic, so YH's family was broke, i have to rewatch With You for this, i dont exactly remember the timeline when his family issues broke and his mom is sick, whether after he went to U.S or on final test at highschool.

41 minutes ago, caranita said:

Just notice this part, and I can't tell you how many times I've encountered similar stories. Those who check on EN because Dylan Wang will star in EN2, and end up stanning CFY lol. Of course there are also those who are not impressed with CFY and still think CFT lacks facial expressions, stiff, etc. There is also one or two who intentionally skip EN1 because they don't want to compare Dylan to Arthur when watching EN2 :)). But they are the minority (at least based on my observation). TBH I'm still a little salty that CFY won't be in EN2 but I'm healing now thanks to MBS (and I'm beyond happy that it's a success!), as well as his forthcoming projects. We have a few to look forward to this weekend: Happy Camp, Weibo Movie Awards, ... and maybe Back to Field?

Actually i am kinda surprised for this this can happened since DW n CFY are two very different character, so when ones like DW how come they like CFY? Well although i have to admit they both have slight similarity when you see them. But then after notice some times, you will realize the different. I also attract to DW when he rise first time in MG (a mega blockbuster drama in asia), but since i dont that into teen drama esp MG so.. I just passed it back then, but i know how he really really famous after in MG, well aren't all Dao MingTse's actor get really famous, no?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, caranita said:

" Add oil" is originally a Chinese expression ("jia you") to give encouragement. I think the English counterpart should be, hm , "Go!", or "keep it up!" -- something like that. It's become a lingo among Asian drama fans. OK, maybe we can include vinegar,  or car lubricant or salad dressing :joy:.

Those links are totally misleading lol. The MBS "bootleg" that I found is actually a video made by someone in the audience. It's not even complete, and half of it the screen is covered by head silhouettes :))) So yeah, unwatchable. 

These days you won't have to buy pirated DVDs -- they're all in streaming sites! Although of course we have to be very careful with malwares, virus, etc; not to mention the annoying pop up ads. 

Ha! Learn something new every day, thanks! :) 

I remember some of those DVDs having the heads at the bottom, yeah. Feels so dirty watching that hahaha. The only computer I have these days is the one from work so I wouldn't dare look for stuff there - thanks for carrying the torch!! 

I pick fights with people on Instagram that ask if they need to watch EN1 to be able to enjoy their DW in 2. It's like a personal offense - 1) how do you not recognize CFY's contribution to shaping the character, 2) how do you deprive yourself of such sweet eye candy, and 3) it's an amazing story, it needs to be told and understood in its entirety. 

I'm sad he won't be back, curious about how DW will pull it off, and annoyed every time I hear his voice and think Arthur's voice won't be the one we hear. Honestly not over it, but what can you do. I hope I can enjoy it, as the story will be great (though after reading most of it, I can't imagine how they'll even get it translated to the screen. To tell it well, it's gory, it's sexy, it's nasty, and it's extremely emotional. It's also very drawn out. We'll see).

2 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Actually i am kinda surprised for this this can happened since DW n CFY are two very different character, so when ones like DW how come they like CFY? Well although i have to admit they both have slight similarity when you see them. But then after notice some times, you will realize the different. I also attract to DW when he rise first time in MG (a mega blockbuster drama in asia), but since i dont that into teen drama esp MG so.. I just passed it back then, but i know how he really really famous after in MG, well aren't all Dao MingTse's actor get really famous, no?

You should meet my husband, he's unlike either of them as well hahahaha. If you overlook the psycho bits of DMS, he's a dream bf, and DW is very pretty so I got caught up. True, that role makes idols, it happens :) But I got smart and corrected my ways after finding CFY. Hehe

Here in the US (I think) if you habitually watch Asian dramas then you're better plugged in and able to find gems like EN naturally. I just started watching them over the new year on Netflix and I think MG was like the third one I found. Bless the internet, helped me find EN and Viki and you ladies :) so it's easy to understand why, like on a platform like Instagram that's huge in the US, CFY'S account only has like 100k followers vs DW with over a million and a half, and Facebook has almost no CFY activity at all. There's a world of people out there who haven't had the chance to learn about CFY, and I'm doing what I can to fix that hahaha

As for other projects, I saw on his douban profile that he's officially linked to the movie coming in October and that LoA is slated for 2020. It also shows that other reality show with the toddlers to be released in 2019. So more is coming. Wonder what the slate will look like once he starts school. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Ah ic, so YH's family was broke, i have to rewatch With You for this, i dont exactly remember the timeline when his family issues broke and his mom is sick, whether after he went to U.S or on final test at highschool.

In the movie, she gets sick right before the exam, so he doesn't take them or does poorly, I can't remember. They sell the house to pay for her care and never recover. It looked like he was poor already before, but there wasn't much said about it, just the scene at the restaurant where he can't pay. There's a reference to his education being the only way out, but I didn't get that that meant scholarships, specifically. 

And if you really want to spoil yourself... 

Spoiler

He never went to the US in the movie. He was always physically close to GG, it wasn't just that he was monitoring her through their mutual friend. Sigh.. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lbpg said:

I pick fights with people on Instagram that ask if they need to watch EN1 to be able to enjoy their DW in 2. It's like a personal offense - 1) how do you not recognize CFY's contribution to shaping the character, 2) how do you deprive yourself of such sweet eye candy, and 3) it's an amazing story, it needs to be told and understood in its entirety

I'm sad he won't be back, curious about how DW will pull it off, and annoyed every time I hear his voice and think Arthur's voice won't be the one we hear. Honestly not over it, but what can you do. I hope I can enjoy it, as the story will be great (though after reading most of it, I can't imagine how they'll even get it translated to the screen. To tell it well, it's gory, it's sexy, it's nasty, and it's extremely emotional. It's also very drawn out. We'll see).

Yeah the same case like 最好的我们 on With You vs My Best Summer, i love Liu HaoRan and Chen FeiYu, so i will watch them both. I will understand for each die hard fans of actor, they will choose side for not watching the other actor's work. I was also very unhappy with the news DW become NQ, so many factors that make him not fit to be NQ, and like you said, his voice hmmmm. Yeah but that was back then, i even teased his height and skinny posture, my bad, my evil side suddenly succeed to type in Ever Night 2 forum LOL.

I think once an actor try his best to understand his character, and of course with the help of directors and colleagues maybe, he/she will be able to execute it very well and produce his own character. But of course still has to in line with the novel, a little bit improvisation still acceptable. In the side of die hard fans, it will bias, but from novel reader it will be more tough to please, so just finger crossed for DW. 

That is why i am so happy that MBS has a huge success and very well reception, they both drama n movie version are doing great! This is phenomenal and become a huge appreciation to the novel and August ChangAn the author. So i really hope EN 2 will also success maybe better since they have learned something from EN1, so it will be a great appreciation to the novel and MaoNi the author. Maybe with the success of EN2, more people attracted to see what the story before, which is EN1 yeahhhh!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

55 minutes ago, Lbpg said:

In the movie, she gets sick right before the exam, so he doesn't take them or does poorly, I can't remember. They sell the house to pay for her care and never recover. It looked like he was poor already before, but there wasn't much said about it, just the scene at the restaurant where he can't pay. There's a reference to his education being the only way out, but I didn't get that that meant scholarships, specifically. 

And if you really want to spoil yourself... 

Ahhhh okay, i only remember in the drama version, YH's father was working in Dubai (i think) and YH's mom really spend the money only for education to get the best one for him. She never spend money for her self, that is why she wants YH to be focus on his study, and not dragged to other thing like crush on girl and make his study gone bad, and it was happened in junior high school, YH was affected with the girl once his desk mate, and his grade was falling. That is why his mom really angry when she found out that GG also a girl, YH lies to his mom, GG was a boy. 

So i think movie version's YH is more miserable than the drama version hmmmm...

• Sad 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

I was also very unhappy with the news DW become NQ, so many factors that make him not fit to be NQ, and like you said, his voice hmmmm. Yeah but that was back then, i even teased his height and skinny posture, my bad, my evil side suddenly succeed to type in Ever Night 2 forum LOL.

Omg yessssssssss that awful posture and gait he has, it makes me cringe. NQ's body is supposed to be hard as metal and indestructible by the end of the novel, and then you have this skinny weak looking thing in clothes that look too big and ughhh.. It looks like they took CFY's costumes and just plopped DW inside them without any adjustments. It just doesn't look good. Makes me miss CFY so much more lol. 

5 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

In the side of die hard fans, it will bias, but from novel reader it will be more tough to please, so just finger crossed for DW. 

True, I'm afraid of becoming like the novel snobs in the EN forums hahahaha. And brave of you to go into the EN2 forum and speak your mind - I haven't even been able to click it open, I don't want to read all the gush over DW there. 

By the way, I give credit to an Instagram account from Brazil who is trying to educate Brazilian DW fans (there are MANY of those!) on EN. Encouraging them to watch the show and exalting CFY, even though they tag all posts with like a million hastags for DW and like one for CFY lol. This is it: https://instagram.com/ever night love They claim to watch the show but have made some dumb mistakes on their posts, like posting a pic of Li ManMan and calling him FuZi. I was like, whaaaaaat? Have you even watched?? Sigh... At least they're trying. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

11 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

Ahhhh okay, i only remember in the drama version, YH's father was working in Dubai (i think) and YH's mom really spend the money only for education to get the best one for him. She never spend money for her self, that is why she wants YH to be focus on his study, and not dragged to other thing like crush on girl and make his study gone bad, and it was happened in junior high school, YH was affected with the girl once his desk mate, and his grade was falling. That is why his mom really angry when she found out that GG also a girl, YH lies to his mom, GG was a boy. 

So i think movie version's YH is more miserable than the drama version hmmmm...

OH!! Yeah movie version the dad wasn't around, I can't remember if they say he left or died or something (@caranita?)

The story about his former deskmates and the impact on his studies is also in the movie; it shows him making friends with that girl because the rest of the classmates shun her and the mom complains that this makes him not get top rank in some competition. She complains to the teacher and GG's mom defends her daughter. 

It definitely does sound like this is a darker, more grim version of YH, like @caranita mentioned as well. Good adjective for sure. 

• Like 1

Actually i am kinda surprised for this this can happened since DW n CFY are two very different character, so when ones like DW how come they like CFY?

Of course we can like people with totally different personalities (like @Lbpg's example of her husband hahah) but I understand where you came from. We can agree that what most people like about CFY in EN1 is his portrayal of Ning Que, and his chemistry with SYR (because their relationship is crucial to the drama). I didn't watch MG 2018, but I know Dao Mingsi is almost like Ning Que. Arrogant and brash and super protective of his girl. 

I read a lot of DW's fans saying that DW will be able to play NQ with closed eyes hehe... I don't think they're saying NQ is an easy character to play, just that DW has taken a similar role before so this shouldn't be a problem for him.  Also, DW in real life has some similar traits with DMS. You know, to me that's actually a big compliment for Arthur, because his real personality is opposite Ning Que!  His characters in EN and MBS (because I've only seen him in those) are much more lively and expressive than him. He still needs to improve his line reading and work on micro expressions, and I hope his education and training will help him achieve that. I'm curious how he'll be doing in that anthology movie -- not only he'll be directed by his father, he'll also act alongside Liu Haoran! It's not even a challenge anymore -- he's practically putting himself out there to be a shooting target LOL. So ladies, let's put on your seat belt when the screen time comes, we're gonna brace the storm of very harsh criticisms and name callings! It's already bad now if you read those douban forums, it's likely to be nastier later :joy:. (For the record, both SYR and HLD have had their fair share of being called "ugly", I tell ya!). Remember to keep your sense of humor and enjoy CFY's growth in acting :). 

7 hours ago, Lbpg said:

I pick fights with people on Instagram that ask if they need to watch EN1 to be able to enjoy their DW in 2. It's like a personal offense - 1) how do you not recognize CFY's contribution to shaping the character, 2) how do you deprive yourself of such sweet eye candy, and 3) it's an amazing story, it needs to be told and understood in its entirety. 

You are our brave CFY Ambassador! :D. We need to give you a medal or something haha! I must underscore your first point: CFY's contribution to shaping the character. So true! I will always associate NQ with how CFY portrays him, including those eyebrow plays and carrying SS, which have become NQ's trademark. Outside of EN, I've never seen CFY moving his eyebrows like that... OK, maybe once for his Dior (?) birthday video, but that's it. 

6 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Yeah the same case like 最好的我们 on With You vs My Best Summer, i love Liu HaoRan and Chen FeiYu, so i will watch them both. I will understand for each die hard fans of actor, they will choose side for not watching the other actor's work.

6 hours ago, epinklyn said:

think once an actor try his best to understand his character, and of course with the help of directors and colleagues maybe, he/she will be able to execute it very well and produce his own character. But of course still has to in line with the novel, a little bit improvisation still acceptable. In the side of die hard fans, it will bias, but from novel reader it will be more tough to please, so just finger crossed for DW. 

I'm actually looking forward to your view on the movie @epinklyn, since you've watched With You and a fan of LHR too! Most of the criticisms and negative comments on CFY is due to his different portrayal of YH. I truly understand fans disappointment. But I can't comprehend why that has to be his sole responsibility. He's an actor who acts based on the script and the director's interpretation of all characters. I think his real life personality is closer to YH in the drama than in the movie, but the script and the director told him other wise. 

Anyway, that doesn't change the fact MBS is a success! With the arrival of Men in Black, it has gone to the 2nd position. For comparison, Dark Phoenix and ahem, Chasing Dragon II have slid down much lower. You gotta give it to MBS, withstanding those blockbusters :)))). 

I love those Back to Field clips! Hopefully it will make its way to YouTube, or it can be accessible outside China or by non-members so we can enjoy seeing CFY and HLD!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1