Quantcast
angelangie

[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

6 hours ago, mei2018 said:

@epinklyn I read from a google translated article that CFY gave an interview that he bullied the girl he liked because he did not know how to express his feeling. LOL.

I remember that sometime ago, there was a discussion about this on the forum. Turn out that it is true.

Hahaha bullied girl he liked like he did to Song YiRen?? Poor him and the girl absolutely! That shy boy turned into TaoMingZe???

5 hours ago, caranita said:

Ha! I remember that. I do think he was quite smitten with SYR back then. She's very friendly and I read somewhere Director Yang Yang claims SYR has the ability to make people comfortable with her. She probably could sense that but, knowing better, she "friendzoned" him (stealing someone else's phrase LOL). After all, he was still a minor when they were shooting. 

Yeah i can sense it that SYR is a very friendly girl, maybe arthur has learned something from her, how to get a girl in 10 days, not how to lose one LOL!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mei2018 said:

@Lbpg @caranita Please share with us your experience.I am dying to know.

Definitely will! I'm changing my tickets to Sunday so I have to wait two more days, but that's okay, it'll be worth it haha

Hu YuXuan aka Chen PiPi watched MBS on the 1st day to support FeiYu :wub:

Screenshot-20190607-072720-Weibo-Intl.jp

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, epinklyn said:

What is this...

If my understanding is correct, Cat's Eye aka Maoyan is a website to buy movie tickets (like Fandango), but it also polls viewers response to the movie. Aside from Douban, people often use Maoyan as indicator of how well a movie is received. So MBS weibo quoted the Maoyan rate. I checked, and at point the rate raised to 9.0, although now it's back to 8.9! Here's the link https://maoyan.com/films/1242431

Unfortunately, its Douban rate isn't too great at the moment. But I sort of expected it, because anyone can just give out 1 star even if they haven't watched a movie/drama, LOL. There will be comparison to the drama for sure, and disappointment because of the changes could've led to those thumbs down. But the fact that the Maoyan rate is high is reassuring to me, because obviously the viewers are satisfied! And Chinese viewers are way harsher and more critical towards their own production than to foreign movies.

3 hours ago, epinklyn said:

So heartening to read it! :))))

• Like 3

3 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Screenshot-20190607-072720-Weibo-Intl.jp

Do you have the link. I a, so happy to see that the 12th brother is still supporting the 13th brother. ^^

• Love 2

Good news! I checked CFY”s weibo. My best summer seem to gains him more fans.In one day, his follower increase from 6.56 to 6.62 mil. ^^

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just watched all videos from the premiere event My Best Summer, one video took my attention, the one cfy said something to someone why did she/he not crying watching the movie. I wonder whom cfy talked to? 

And the reality show sweet mission Mango TV, he is smart but lose to word playing games and i feel that he was quite fierce and dominant to He LanDou, couple times he loud his voice to make He LanDou hear him, "Ting Wo De!" Cute He LanDou fear him LOL! Sadly i cant fully understand the conversation. Wishing someone give engsub and upload it.

• Like 3

Just came back from the movie, and it's almost midnite now, but I can't wait to write down my Best Summer experience (pun intended -- it's winter here hehe). I LOVE IT!!! It's not the deepest movie, quite lighthearted although there are emotional scenes. But it makes you smile a lot, particularly at the interaction between Geng Geng & Yu Huai. In short, it's a feel good movie, the kind that I can watch over and over again, seriously :))). 

I can see why there have been plenty of comments on Arthur's handsomeness. We all know he is handsome. But in this movie he is very, VERY charming. His chemistry with He Landou is off the chart. The way he looks at her is heart melting :love:. And his acting (as well as He Landou's) is very natural. He also emotes pretty well, the transition is good! I'm impressed with his improvement. IMO, his and HLD's acting, as well as their strong chemistry, is the strength of this movie. Despite my love for the movie, I admit the writing and the editing are quite problematic :grimace:

I would like to add that I'm also very impressed by He Landou. The story is told from Geng Geng's perspective, so obviously she has more screen time and monologues than Arthur. And she owns them! I love her portrayal of Geng Geng. Now I want to check her other works and her future projects too!

Spoiler

PS. Perhaps the fact that I haven't watched the With You drama nor read the book contributes to how I feel about the movie. From what I gathered from the comments, the characterization of Yu Huai -- and some supporting characters --  is different from the drama. The direction also emphasizes on the two leading characters, so the supporting characters can feel like merely cardboards. So those who love the drama will probably hate the movie, and that's where the negative comments came from. I think if one can regard this movie as a separate entity, a movie that's LOOSELY based on the novel, one can enjoy both the movie and the drama. But that's just my opinion hehe...

I'm mostly rambling here, because I don't want to spoil it. Anyway, it's a happy ending, so yay! Can't wait until it can be seen in a streaming site or something haha!

ETA. The cinema was not full house, but I think the turnout is pretty good (like half full). Most audience stayed until credit title was over! 

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, caranita said:

Just came back from the movie, and it's almost midnite now, but I can't wait to write down my Best Summer experience (pun intended -- it's winter here hehe). I LOVE IT!!! It's not the deepest movie, quite lighthearted although there are emotional scenes. But it makes you smile a lot, particularly at the interaction between Geng Geng & Yu Huai. In short, it's a feel good movie, the kind that I can watch over and over again, seriously :))). 

I can see why there have been plenty of comments on Arthur's handsomeness. We all know he is handsome. But in this movie he is very, VERY charming. His chemistry with He Landou is off the chart. The way he looks at her is heart melting :love:. And his acting (as well as He Landou's) is very natural. He also emotes pretty well, the transition is good! I'm impressed with his improvement. IMO, his and HLD's acting, as well as their strong chemistry, is the strength of this movie. Despite my love for the movie, I admit the writing and the editing are quite problematic :grimace:

I would like to add that I'm also very impressed by He Landou. The story is told from Geng Geng's perspective, so obviously she has more screen time and monologues than Arthur. And she owns them! I love her portrayal of Geng Geng. Now I want to check her other works and her future projects too!

Reveal hidden contents

PS. Perhaps the fact that I haven't watched the With You drama nor read the book contributes to how I feel about the movie. From what I gathered from the comments, the characterization of Yu Huai -- and some supporting characters --  is different from the drama. The direction also emphasizes on the two leading characters, so the supporting characters can feel like merely cardboards. So those who love the drama will probably hate the movie, and that's where the negative comments came from. I think if one can regard this movie as a separate entity, a movie that's LOOSELY based on the novel, one can enjoy both the movie and the drama. But that's just my opinion hehe...

I'm mostly rambling here, because I don't want to spoil it. Anyway, it's a happy ending, so yay! Can't wait until it can be seen in a streaming site or something haha!

ETA. The cinema was not full house, but I think the turnout is pretty good (like half full). Most audience stayed until credit title was over! 

Oh, I can't wait to experience it! Sounds like it'll be a great time. I already warned my friends I'd probably be squealing like an idiot hahaha seems it's really going to happen. 

Glad to hear the acting has improved! You can see some real confidence shining through in the trailers. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, caranita said:

Hide contents

PS. Perhaps the fact that I haven't watched the With You drama nor read the book contributes to how I feel about the movie. From what I gathered from the comments, the characterization of Yu Huai -- and some supporting characters --  is different from the drama. The direction also emphasizes on the two leading characters, so the supporting characters can feel like merely cardboards. So those who love the drama will probably hate the movie, and that's where the negative comments came from. I think if one can regard this movie as a separate entity, a movie that's LOOSELY based on the novel, one can enjoy both the movie and the drama. But that's just my opinion hehe..

Oh! I am so glad to hear from you. Most of the comments on weibo kept saying that he is super handsome. I was wondering about his acting. However, hearing from you it seem to be good. Some people even said that his acting has improved comparing with ever night.

Looks like most people were spellbound by his charm.LOL

Even some people who were very critical said that he is too handsome. LOL

His followers in weibo has been growing by hours, now it is 6.67 mil.

• Like 1
  • Love 2