[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

tothestars

4 hours ago, caranita said:

I know :(  I just watched.

Reveal hidden contents

Maybe because it's illegally recorded? Maybe YouTube has a system to pixellate the pictures and make the sound go off for movie files like this (recorded in the theatre). Oh well. I hope this will still do until other streaming sites (or even Youtube) can have the "original" file. 

Spoiler

Could be! Or crappy rendering, I've no clue.. Either way, it's okay - part of me is grateful that it doesn't substitute the true and full movie experience so it hopefully would just be watched by those of us who have no other choice to watch it again or at all. To all you ladies' point, it doesn't feel good to take away from their revenue, but we're also desperate fans lol

They care so much for each other, and they both know it. But the college entrance tests are before them, and to all students in China AND their parents that is THE most important thing in the world, second only to the Communist Party :D.  I think when he walks GG home for the last time, YH and GG are almost sure he'll get accepted in a prestigious uni in Beijing, and rather hopeful that she will too since she has worked so hard & her grades have improved tremendously (although it wasn't exactly shown in the movie). So they think a love declaration can wait for a while. 

Absolutely! It makes sense that they think it's okay to wait. It's the worst timing in the world - he probably thought he'd distract her from studying if he'd said anything, even though he had three years to do so, just took him that long to build up the courage. 

I must commend HLD for the transition to 25 (24?) year old GG, a mature and confident young woman. Not only the styling (credit to the movie stylist of course), but her mannerism is on point. Remember, she was only 19 when they shot the movie. Arthur's also great as an adult YH, although IMO when they meet again at the end of the movie his (still) boyish face can't hide his actual age :D . The difference is more subtle in Yu Huai (compared to GG), but Yu Huai was already more mature than most of his peers in high school. 

Agreed 100%! I thought she was older and was aged down for the high school scenes. I didn't realize they're the same age! She does amazing in the older scenes. His face gives him away for sure, but the scenes where the face is more hidden, he's perfect hehe

3 hours ago, mei2018 said:

https://m.weibo.cn/u/5885526534?uid=5885526534&luicode=10000011&lfid=100103type%3D1%26q%3D%E9%99%88%E9%A3%9E%E5%AE%87

The post about CKG new project.

Hide contents

I tried to watch it but about 25 mins in there was no sound. Can you watch it?

Thanks for sharing!! 

Spoiler

Sound is off there and again towards the end for a total of about 40 mins. It's annoying but watchable if you just read the subtitles. The bigger problem is that there are several scenes missing but I think for the most part they've been covered by clips (legal and illegal, like the kissing scene) already. Here's hoping for a better and legal version soon! 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, caranita said:

Look @mei2018, @epinklyn, it's now on Dramapotatoe!!

I agree wholeheartedly @epinklyn -- two movies of Arthur WITH Liu Haoran? How are we supposed to contain our EXCITEMENT!!! 

HURRRRRRAAAHHHHHH!!!!! :star::star:

Wow! It is really nice.

I saw weibo and the envious articles have start to come out.LOL question the selection of CFY.

I said Skrew them CKG is a producer and director, he can even give his son a debut in the movie he produced but he did not.

He let his son proved himself with enough project, let his son developed. Now, I think that CKG think that it is appropriate time to teach his son as director-actor relationship.

I think CFY will get the supporting role after LHR. 

So, I am so happy and let all the jealous people suffer. LOL

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

More information about the movie project -- again, thanks LHR fansss!!! Some of us have posted various details about the movie before (I remember @epinklyn sharing the similarity in theme with 1994's "In the Heat of the Sun"). The movie is a joint production of CKG's production company and Bona Film. 

According to Cfensi, Chen Hong will also be part of the cast! This will be the first CKG's movie featuring both his wife and his son. (And Chen Hong's return to the front stage). 

This explains the release of Chen Hong's pictures a few days ago at a Bona event. :)  

4 hours ago, mei2018 said:

I said Skrew them CKG is a producer and director, he can even give his son a debut in the movie he produced but he did not.

He let his son proved himself with enough project, let his son developed. Now, I think that CKG think that it is appropriate time to teach his son as director-actor relationship.

I think CFY will get the supporting role after LHR. 

So, I am so happy and let all the jealous people suffer. LOL

Couldn't have said it better!! :lol: 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Love how they based the presumed time period on the haircuts, and here's hoping cfy goes back to something more flattering soon! I'd just be glad to see him in a serious production, as opposed to another youth/romance film, even if he's not lead. Should be interesting. 

Btw friend found this compilation on weibo of his guitar playing and singing from happy camp and back to field. I hadn't seen the Sam Smith in back to field, that was nice

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4386341485996087#&video

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lbpg said:

Love how they based the presumed time period on the haircuts, and here's hoping cfy goes back to something more flattering soon! I'd just be glad to see him in a serious production, as opposed to another youth/romance film, even if he's not lead. Should be interesting. 

Judging from the photo above, I'm not too optimistic about his haircut LOL. I've always thought the bangs is the least flattering style on him. Seconding you on the serious production. He'll act against some of China/Taiwan's best young actors. The project will be scrutinized to death. I'm both excited and terrified in anticipation.

4 hours ago, Lbpg said:

Btw friend found this compilation on weibo of his guitar playing and singing from happy camp and back to field. I hadn't seen the Sam Smith in back to field, that was nice

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4386341485996087#&video

Thank youuu!!! :kiss_wink:

There's a short episode of Back to Field with a focus on CFY exclusive to Mango TV VIP members. So far it hasn't been on YouTube, unfortunately. I hope someday someone will upload it, either on YT or daily motion.

• Love 2

Throwback Monday (we throw back any day now LOL)

Arthur's solo interview for Ever Night. I've never seen this before, so again thankful for the person who translates and uploads it on YouTube. He looks really young and more relax here. 

• Love 2

8 hours ago, caranita said:

Arthur's solo interview for Ever Night. I've never seen this before, so again thankful for the person who translates and uploads it on YouTube. He looks really young and more relax here. 

Someone posted it here before but no engsub, maybe only thai sub, thx a lot! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, caranita said:

Judging from the photo above, I'm not too optimistic about his haircut LOL. I've always thought the bangs is the least flattering style on him. Seconding you on the serious production. He'll act against some of China/Taiwan's best young actors. The project will be scrutinized to death. I'm both excited and terrified in anticipation.

I am not worry. His dad will not let less than perfect work of his son out. I can imagine that he would take as many shot as needed until it is perfect. 

He will be safe in his dad’s hands.

If it were other director, It will be more terrified.

However, I am also confident that our Arthur is also good enough even if he worked with other directors.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, caranita said:

Agree!!! But i am more super happy for his career, because of this one will be like what you said as serious production with one of the best director in China and best young actors in China/Taiwan, that is all!!! Dont too much care about gossips and negative things, those will never end anyway...

• Like 2

I can't read what's written, and unfortunately Google can't translate characters on picture. But the tweet insinuates that Legend of Awakening might air this year?

Because I had the impression elsewhere that it's slated for 2020. If it actually airs this year, then we can dub 2019 as Arthur's Year :tounge_wink:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

27 minutes ago, caranita said:

I can't read what's written, and unfortunately Google can't translate characters on picture. But the tweet insinuates that Legend of Awakening might air this year?

Because I had the impression elsewhere that it's slated for 2020. If it actually airs this year, then we can dub 2019 as Arthur's Year :tounge_wink:

Oooooohhhh I'll check! Douban still has it as 2020:

https://m.douban.com/movie/subject/30302294/

The Year of Arthur.. Hopefully it'll be multiple years and +++ :relieved:

Here's the link to the post on weibo, no clue what it means regardless of Google translate..... Something about courtyards and halls?? Lol

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4386821301234902

Friend states: "I don't think that account was ever inactive, just not posting much lately.  Looks like they reactivated this  weekly contest they used to have? I didn't see anywhere that says when the show is gonna be on"

Might be a false alarm :/

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Lbpg said:

Oooooohhhh I'll check! Douban still has it as 2020:

https://m.douban.com/movie/subject/30302294/

Here's the link to the post on weibo, no clue what it means regardless of Google translate..... Something about courtyards and halls?? Lol

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4386821301234902

Friend states: "I don't think that account was ever inactive, just not posting much lately.  Looks like they reactivated this  weekly contest they used to have? I didn't see anywhere that says when the show is gonna be on"

Might be a false alarm :/

You might be right, this could be a false alarm :( . Douban normally gives official airdate (or official forecast date, since nothing is confirmed until it's aired in C-dramaland eh? ;-))

LoA's weibo has a weekly contest? Contest on what?

I don't understand the courtyard either. Maybe a Chinese internet slang?

28 minutes ago, Lbpg said:

Hahaha, multiple Years of Arthur will be very, VERY much welcome! :joy:

• LOL 2

1 hour ago, caranita said:

You might be right, this could be a false alarm :( . Douban normally gives official airdate (or official forecast date, since nothing is confirmed until it's aired in C-dramaland eh? ;-))

No joke! Maybe the account being active again is a good sign, but who knows... 

LoA's weibo has a weekly contest? Contest on what?

I don't understand the courtyard either. Maybe a Chinese internet slang?

She can't tell either. Something about filling in blanks but she can't tell what the prize is, if there is even any lol. Quite cryptic! 

Hahaha, multiple Years of Arthur will be very, VERY much welcome! :joy:

Hahaha one can dream!! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Old interview. Credit as tagged

https://video.h5.weibo.cn/1034:4387049457779825/4387049912464271

Screenshot-20190625-155323-Weibo-Intl.jp

Found a gem :wub:

5574wdopw94tn31wrq6t2jdau.jpg

8 hours ago, Lbpg said:

Correct! It was some kind of a quiz, i have posted some of them before in LoA thread, they will give postcard with signature from the actors.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, epinklyn said:

This is one of those interviews that leaves me wishing he'd record a Nightfall audio book (yes, all 1088 chapters and in English pls). Love the smiles when talking about his mom and the hand gestures are on point. Nice find! 

Found a gem :wub:

You did! Wow! 

Correct! It was some kind of a quiz, i have posted some of them before in LoA thread, they will give postcard with signature from the actors.

Thanks for clarifying! I didn't even think to check there haha. There are more threads than this one?? Hahahaha (just kidding ;)

• LOL 3

Article about Dust in the Flowers.

【《尘埃里开花》热拍,陈飞宇刘昊然双男神,两位四小花旦惊艳加盟】

https://ms.mbd.baidu.com/tdsuatb?f=cp&u=3201b451b6abfa01

"Dust in the flowers" hot shot, Chen Feiyu Liu Yuran double male god! Two four small flowers dazzled

This year, the entire domestic film market has been sluggish compared to the first half of last year, and it has broken 30 billion box office one week later. There is no such thing as a domestic movie after the Spring Festival, especially if it is going to the summer vacation. The domestic movie competition this summer is far less than the previous years. However, there are still a lot of movies to boot, including the movie "Flowing in the Dust".

Open Baidu App to see more picturesOpen Baidu App to see more pictures

The film "Flower in the Dust" is a film about the story of young people's hard work. Several teenagers have experienced the key period of growth and development, in which they work hard and fight hard. After experiencing a lot of suffering and confusion, each has realized self-worth and has a deep understanding of life and this period of time.

Although it is not a popcorn blockbuster, it is quite good whether it is a lineup or an cast. Chen Kaige personally took the guidance. As a domestic first-line director, Chen Kaige has always had a good position and directed many well-known works. Now the personal author "Flower in the Dust", such a big director's film, the cast is naturally not bad.

The film was already on at the end of April and is currently being hot. The cast is quite good. The online exposure has Chen Feiyu and Liu Yuran, both of whom are sitting in the town, and two new generations of four small flowers have joined.

Net exposure Chen Feiyu sits in town . As Chen Kaige’s son, Chen Feiyu’s resources are quite good after his debut. The first work “The Night” is very hot, and many stars have turned forward to express their support. Chen Feiyu is quite popular in the film and television industry, and his acting skills are also remarkable. Now Chen Feiyu starred in his father's movie, and naturally can think of it.

Net exposure Liu Yuran starred. Liu Yuran debuted with his youthful work on campus, and he was very popular and his skills were good. Liu Yuran is one of the best performers in the film circle among the younger generation of actors, and the box office is quite high. And Liu Yuran starred in this kind of movie, which is very suitable for his personal style, and the youthful atmosphere. I am looking forward to the two partners of Chen Feiyu and Liu Yuran.

Net exposure Chen Hong starred. As the wife of Chen Kaige, Chen Feiyu’s mother, this time also participated in the filming of this film. Chen Hong is very temperamental and very beautiful an actress, although it has rarely appeared in recent years, but the popularity has always been good. This time Chen Kaige Chen Hong Chen Feiyu's family is sitting in this movie, and the works of the whole family are indeed rare.

In addition, there are also two new four small flowers, Zhang Xueying and Wen Qi, who are attracted to the network.

As one of the four small flowers, Zhang Xueying has appeared in many film and television works, and his temperament is also very good, including the previous "Thirteen Dogs", "Summer of Bubbles" and the recent TV series "White Hair Princess". Zhang Xueying's resources are very good, and his skill is recognized by everyone. This time, he appeared in "The Flowering in the Dust", I believe I can learn a lot.

Net exposure Wen Qi joined. Wen Qi is quite amazing among the actors who have made their debut in the past two years. In the "Tiankeng Eagle Hunting" starring Wang Junkai, the performance of the performance is amazing. The Wen Qi born in 2003 is quite capable in acting. It is also one of the four small flowers, this time to join the "flowering in the dust", so that the audience is very much looking forward to the performance of this little actor.

In addition, the net exposure starred in the "Double World Pets 2", which is impressive.

The entire cast can be seen quite bright, and in addition to Chen Hong, the performance of several other young actors is quite good. The selection can be seen as the strength of young actors. Of course, all casts are subject to official announcements. , online exposure Reuters is for reference only.

Two versions of Yu Huai, two versions of Guo Wei appear in the same work, a lot of watching. Satisfied with this cast?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Another article about the movie :) 

Link: https://www.businesstimes.cn/articles-258994-20190626-3174374966.htm

Chen Kaige’s new film accident was exposed to the film title “Flower in the Dust” about the teenage adventure story.

Release time: 2019-06-26 08:30:00 

A film from the establishment to the release, the length of a few years is a few months, if there is a secret, unless the film opens the propaganda, otherwise it is impossible to find out the specific news, I did not expect Chen Kaige 's new film information was accidentally exposed by the actors in the film.

Chen Kaige
(Photo: Weibo) 
Zheng Ruowei Weibo

On June 18th, the actor named Zheng Ruoxuan released a message that not only exposed the title of Chen Kaige's new film, but also exposed the shooting location. From the positioning point, I can see many spoiler photos. Naturally, someone also found the record along the title of the film. The film was filed at the end of November last year.

Combining the information revealed by the actor and the content of the record, it can be learned that Chen Kaige’s new film is based on his own story and tells the story of the adventures of four young people in the Beijing compound in that era. The title “ Flower in the Dust ” is taken from Zhang Ailing. It was her message after giving Hu Lancheng a photo.

Shortly after the film information was exposed, Zheng Ruoxuan deleted the Weibo and also logged out of the account. Now he has not searched for any traces. After less than a week, the boot time, location and actors of "Dust in Blossom" are exposed one by one. It has been confirmed that the film was launched in Beijing Huairou on April 30, starring Chen Feiyu , Liu Yuran , Wen Qi, Zhang Xueying and Chen Hong.

Chen Kaige
(Picture: Film Recording Information Publicity Website) 
"Dust Blossoming" Recording Information

This is after the "Demon Cat Biography", Liu Yuran participated in the filming of Chen Kaige for the second time. Chen Kaiyu's son Chen Feiyu was the "Orphan of Zhao", and he participated in his father's movie again after nine years. A series of dramas exposed on June 23 confirmed the lineup, but the photo shooting time was slightly controversial. From the perspective of Chen Feiyu's hair style change, it should be a take-up photo.

The negative impact of pre-exposure of movie information also appeared. "Flower in the Dust" is a realist youth literary film. The subject matter is not dominant at the box office. Chen Kaige chose to be led by four young actors, one of whom is his own son, netizen. The first reaction is mostly: "He finally has to start filming and holding his son?"

At this time, we must say a fair word. Since the film is based on Chen Kaige's own story, Chen Feiyu and Chen Kaige are similar in appearance. Their sons play themselves. This kind of choice is understandable. As for acting, isn't it necessary to watch Chen Kaige's training? Moreover, even if there are no trailers, it is really inappropriate to characterize them as a person. What is the quality of the film, or wait until more effective official information comes out?

• Thanks 2