[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

tothestars

4 hours ago, caranita said:

There have been a string of successful youth movies before. The most successful are perhaps  "So Young", which was Zhao Wei's directorial debut, and "Youth" (with Huang Xuan and Miao Maio). They got both critical and commercial success (award nominations and box office reaching 700 million yuan and 1 billion yuan, respectively). There was of course "Our Times" with Darren Wang and Vivian Sung, which IMO is pretty iconic, since it was a huge success in Taiwan, China and HK despite starring 2 Taiwanese newcomers. 

We have a young actor who's not afraid to work hard, in the most challenging environment. I'm not surprised he deprived himself of sleeping to actually experience and present Yu Huai's mental and physical situation. He saw how actors working for his dad were willing to go to the extreme to reach certain state required for the role (like LHR losing significant weight for Demon Cat). 

The stages thing that his dad suggests is very "Arthur", no? Planned and methodical :)))

Ah thank you for the information, then there are also quite many youth movies that gain critical and commercial success yeah? I really seldom watch youth movies genre. So My Best Summer is more to commercial success yeah?

Yeah i agree with you, watching his father as a perfectionist director, whom maybe always asking a high demanding effort from his actors, so Arthur always feel that every director should ask the same. And the stages LOL very Arthur CORRECT!!! 

And i forget who was saying about pottery for training his hand muscle, either is you @caranita or @rhaps, he is really doing that yeah? LOL! Poetry and pottery what a rhyme hobby!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

55 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

And i forget who was saying about pottery for training his hand muscle, either is you @caranita or @rhaps, he is really doing that yeah? LOL! Poetry and pottery what a rhyme hobby!

I think it's both of us LOL. I shared an interview with him (in which he mentioned about joining the pottery class and voluntary activities back at Tabor), and IIRC @rhaps also got similar information for other sources. (Oh, @rhaps mistyped "pottery" to "poetry" haha!)

Maybe it's just me, but Sophie looks like she's smitten & a little flirtatious with Arthur B). Who wouldn't? Arthur looks very mature in this clip, tall and handsome! (despite the ugly top lololol)

• LOL 2

53 minutes ago, caranita said:

I think it's both of us LOL. I shared an interview with him (in which he mentioned about joining the pottery class and voluntary activities back at Tabor), and IIRC @rhaps also got similar information for other sources. (Oh, @rhaps mistyped "pottery" to "poetry" haha!)

Maybe it's just me, but Sophie looks like she's smitten & a little flirtatious with Arthur B). Who wouldn't? Arthur looks very mature in this clip, tall and handsome! (despite the ugly top lololol)

Ohh yaaaa hahahaha, and actually he really do both pottery and poetry wow! So @rhaps is not mistyped though (luckily) haahahah, where are you girl, miss you a lot!

Yeah of course she is, she was smiling so bright! And after rewatch couple times, i think i saw Arthur ask or remind her whether she has to enter a room for something, and she asked whether he also join her, but sadly no, they went different path, maybe she still want to chit chat with him, why arthur why did you remind her sigh... She is so pretty and cute. And omg she is already in high heels, but the gap still... 

11 hours ago, epinklyn said:

I also think like yours, youth movie is not a blockbuster movie, which need big budget for filming even for marketing, but i think their marketing campaign shot the target effectively, and of course they have quite solid production team, great ost with great singer (Guang Liang, Silence Wang and our FeiYu) and of course great actors inside, they have our cfy and hld, and senior actress Huang YingHong, dont forget they also have the same actors as the teachers in drama n the movie, in the drama, their part are quite big, people like them. Hopefully they will achieve 400 Million Yuan!

I wonder about other previous youth drama movie, any of them have great achievement like MBS or more?

MBS timing was also good. It was opened at the strati g of the entrance exam date in China.So after the exam many high school graduate went to see it to remember their high school time. It also only movie with different target audience at that time, aiming for young girls.

The product itself os good and there are fans of novels, friends in the entertainment circle, fans of the singer supporting it. When people saw it and it was better than expected, the word of mouth will be naturally good.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Please open your hat and mask...

https://video.h5.weibo.cn/1034:4384952725212273/4384952868782822

Credit as tagged.

The little head shake when he took his cap off made me giggle. Dude forgot his hair is super short, maybe? Hehehe 

I can't help thinking he might look better in that Dior outfit for the weibo awards if he'd have a nice hair style. I can't wait for him to let it grow out! 

Thanks @caranita for the article and you ladies for the insights, so much to learn for me in terms who's who and the goings-on of c-entertainment. You're definitely giving this newcomer a great education ;)

I'm not surprised to hear about how seriously he took the role and his method for learning about and becoming YH. Do hope he gets the chance to play a less tragic character soon, although these gets him to expand his range more! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

52 minutes ago, mei2018 said:

MBS timing was also good. It was opened at the strati g of the entrance exam date in China.So after the exam many high school graduate went to see it to remember their high school time. It also only movie with different target audience at that time, aiming for young girls.

The product itself os good and there are fans of novels, friends in the entertainment circle, fans of the singer supporting it. When people saw it and it was better than expected, the word of mouth will be naturally good.

ah you're right, nice observation! only haters of cfy and his family will not bother to watch it yes?

50 minutes ago, Lbpg said:

The little head shake when he took his cap off made me giggle. Dude forgot his hair is super short, maybe? Hehehe 

hahahahahha  you speak my mind!!! LOL i want to talk about it but forgot, LOL such a cute boy.

51 minutes ago, Lbpg said:

I'm not surprised to hear about how seriously he took the role and his method for learning about and becoming YH. Do hope he gets the chance to play a less tragic character soon, although these gets him to expand his range more! 

yeah tragic character sometimes is needing more effort especially in emotional than less tragic or non tragic character. Just don't make it as a habit, it will give a monotone feeling....but i believe on his judgmental on selective works. 

• Like 3

Chen Hong is a timeless beauty and effortlessly elegant :). 

7 hours ago, mei2018 said:

You nail it!

7 hours ago, Lbpg said:

Thanks @caranita for the article and you ladies for the insights, so much to learn for me in terms who's who and the goings-on of c-entertainment. You're definitely giving this newcomer a great education ;)

I hope you didn't get a headache getting swamped in c-ent information :lol:. I tend to get carried away lololol

• LOL 1

The following article contains some things about Arthur we've read before, but there are also new findings (at least new to me haha).

PS: The full of praises tone makes me think this was written by his PR team. But I enjoy reading it anyway, and I hope you will too :)

URL: http://www.sohu.com/a/321692655_603729

A dream-seeking teenager who grows up - Chen Feiyu 

2019-06-19 21:35

The 19-year-old Chen Feiyu has officially debuted for three years.

In the past three years, Chen Feiyu starred in the first film and TV series in his life, and he was admitted to the best performance school in China. Right now, his second film "The Best of Us" is being released, and the box office has reached 330 million yuan, which makes him the best new actor after the 00 picking up the male box office.

At the press conference of the "Secret Fruit" in the previous year, Chen Feiyu appeared in the media as the leading actor for the first time. The father is the director Chen Kaige, the mother is the actor Chen Hong, as the youngest son of two celebrities, everyone is waiting to see what the famous "star second generation" is.

Did not think, at that press conference, Chen Feiyu not only seriously answered the questions of every reporter, not humble, talkative and gentle, but also actively helped the host to carry the chair.

After that time, Chen Feiyu’s appearance of a “gentleman” was deeply impressed.

Chen Feiyu, who was born on the Millennium node, just finished his adult ceremony last year. As an emerging representative of the Z generation, Chen Feiyu is in a process of historical entanglement. On the one hand, he has the vitality and boldness after 00, and another On the one hand, the conscious education of parents has made Chen Feiyu's appearance under the juvenile sense a calm.

In a variety show called "Familiar Flavor", Chen Feiyu's family appeared.

One of the clips is that the father, Chen Kaige, is eating with his mother, Chen Hong, and recalls past events while eating.

Chen Feiyu opened the door in the middle. When he saw his parents immersed in it, he did not interrupt his parents to do any action, and did not interrupt the words of his parents. Instead, he stood quietly at the door.

Until the father shouted "Authur, come over to eat." Chen Feiyu slowly walked over.

The father said: "Authur yourself take chopsticks and take a bite of meat." He really took a piece of meat very carefully and tasted it.

The mother was excited to feed him. When there was no chair, he took his mother to the side of his mother, licking his mother and listening carefully to his parents.

This kind of education and the performance of a gentleman is not a person who can set it at will, but a habit and memory that Chen Feiyu engraved in his bones.

In the recent "Best of Us" campaign, Chen Feiyu needed to play the game with the heroine He Lan, and Chen Feiyu clenched his fists throughout the whole process, avoiding physical contact with girls, and subconsciously helping her when she was down. I took a skirt.

Not only is it to treat the elders, to treat friends, but to treat everything, Chen Feiyu has a set of rules of "conformity".

My father once mentioned in the interview, because Chen Feiyu did not play the piano when he was a child, and his father said to him angrily, otherwise you should not play again.

He came down with tears, then went to the front of the piano and gave the piano a slap.

That "鞠躬" made everyone in the room shocked.

The child’s innocence and purity, the fear of everything, is constantly magnified by Chen Feiyu at that moment.

So far, he recalled that he had done the most rebellious thing. He only wanted to play the game machine at three o'clock in the morning when he was four years old. He thought he would be scolded by his parents, but unexpectedly his parents only advised him to go early. sleep.

In the past three years of becoming an actor, Chen Feiyu has gradually acquired a large number of fans. For him, fans are not an affiliated and non-affiliated relationship with him, but a fan is his "friend that has not been seen for a long time."

Every time he will patiently answer questions raised by fans, share his current situation with fans, recommend books and movies that he is watching, and help fans to record wake-up ringtones.

He will feel that this is a mutual respect.

When he took part in the art test last year, he was the one who was the first to arrive at the examination room and was reported by the media as "too hard". Even one time I arrived at the school too early and was stopped outside.

I remember that on the day of the test, a student fan sent him, and some media blocked him. During the interview, he saw a reporter brother hit a student fan, and the fans blocked the camera.

He said to the reporter very seriously: "They are all candidates, don't do it?" After the reporter apologized to Chen Feiyu, Chen Feiyu turned around and whispered "sorry" to the fan who was hit.

Because of his own mistakes, his fans were hurt. This is his own "fault" within the scope of Chen Feiyu's understanding.

On one of his birthdays, the crowd suddenly fell in the early morning, and he silently waited for the fans to send their blessings to speak. Because it was airborne in the early morning, he also said that he always took the fans together and stayed up late, too much, and said that when the fans fell asleep, he would sleep again.

Although it is separated by a mobile phone screen, it can still feel the gentleness and cultivation of Chen Feiyu engraved in the bones.

This is Chen Feiyu's understanding of being a man. He respects everyone and everything.

On June 6, according to the movie "The Best of Us", which was adapted from the novel of the same name in Chang'an in August, Chen Feiyu, 19, took the lead and played the leading role of Yu Huai.

Yu Huai’s character is like him and not like him. They are all proud, confident but sensitive people.

But the difference is that Yu Huai has too many embarrassment and fear of losing in the face of the future, and Chen Feiyu has the characteristics of "not afraid of losing."

In Chen Feiyu's opinion, the fact that Dad is Chen Kaige and his superior appearance is a gift given to him by God, but this gift may bring more shackles.

He has to work harder to subvert the "he" in other people's impressions.

At the age of 10, he followed his father to film "The Orphan of Zhao" and played the new prince who just succeeded. This was his first time.

At the age of 16, he volunteered to be the assistant director of "The Demon Cat Biography". In Hubei, he was more than forty in the summer. He didn't have a complaint, and he was as busy as other assistants.

When the 17-year-old filmed "The Road to Wake Up", there was a scene that required him to soak in the water below zero. He did not hesitate, and put on a thin costume to directly launch the water. The whole process lasted for more than 40 minutes.

He described it as "the most painful 40 minutes in life," but he did not regret and retreat. He thinks this is a duty to be an actor.

The 18-year-old filmed "The Night", and he went to Xinjiang, Yinchuan and other places to shoot. The first day of the game was to wear thick armor and roll down the 30-meter high sand dune.

Every time you roll, your ears, eyes, nose, and mouth are all sand.

It was not until the roll was over twenty times that the director was satisfied.

Chen Feiyu understands that the director just wants to see how much he can eat.

In the filming of the Spring Wind Pavilion, Chen Feiyu carried a few dozens of heavy props and soaked in the rain for 23 nights. After the filming, the back of his body was hurt.

"It is your own decision to endure hardships, not the environment. Others don't want you to suffer hard, but you can see the benefits and tempering when you are suffering. I don't think there is any problem at all."

At that moment, he realized the sacredness of the performance and strengthened his ideal of becoming a good actor.

When asked what he had planned for the next step, he answered this question.

"At that time, I will do what I should do every day, play every scene of my own, and memorize every line of my own, and see what kind of improvement I can make."

From his work and conversation, you can feel the clear logic and knowledge of a 19-year-old boy very strongly.

He does not lack the sense of the year, the youthful vitality is reflected in his body, but he does not have the impetuousness and rebellion of contemporary young people.

He respects the world and is doing his best to be himself.

From juvenile to gentleman, from innocence to maturity, his only constant is his initial heart, a sincere treat, and sincerely his own initial heart.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

This is possibly the next reality show CFY will do! Google translated it as "Our Graduation Travel". I'm not sure what it's all about, maybe a roadtrip after graduation? I only recognize some names of invited celebrities: CFY, Zhou Dongyu, and Tony Yang (Yang Youning). Oh, and no indicative airing date either. Yet.

URL: http://www.0310.cn/a/good/6633.html

Our graduation travel guest lineup exposure Zhou Dongyu Chen Feiyu Jiang Yiyi He Wei Sa Benin or join

Source: Network Editor: 邯郸 Online Wang Xiaobian Published: 2019-06-19 18:15:12 News ID: 6633

Tencent Video "Our Graduation Travel" is a youth bus graduation travel reality show. The program will consist of 2 gatherings + 2 star candidates + 4 prime candidates, and will embark on two graduation trips together. They will cross China through graduation, all the way to the wild, from mountains to lakes, all the way to open unlimited may. 
Invited guests: Zhou Dongyu, Chen Feiyu, Sun Zhenni, Ling Chao (one of Kunyin's four sons), Jiang Yiyi, Xu Yangyang, Mao Jianglong, Ding Wenhan, Summer, Yang Youning, Sa Beining, He Wei, Papi Sauce, Zhang Ruojun... You are the most Who are you looking forward to?

549e7e0240275d8ebf99eadb7b334394.jpg

• Love 2

1 hour ago, caranita said:

This is possibly the next reality show CFY will do! Google translated it as "Our Graduation Travel". I'm not sure what it's all about, maybe a roadtrip after graduation? I only recognize some names of invited celebrities: CFY, Zhou Dongyu, and Tony Yang (Yang Youning). Oh, and no indicative airing date either. Yet.

URL: http://www.0310.cn/a/good/6633.html

Our graduation travel guest lineup exposure Zhou Dongyu Chen Feiyu Jiang Yiyi He Wei Sa Benin or join

Source: Network Editor: 邯郸 Online Wang Xiaobian Published: 2019-06-19 18:15:12 News ID: 6633

Tencent Video "Our Graduation Travel" is a youth bus graduation travel reality show. The program will consist of 2 gatherings + 2 star candidates + 4 prime candidates, and will embark on two graduation trips together. They will cross China through graduation, all the way to the wild, from mountains to lakes, all the way to open unlimited may. 
Invited guests: Zhou Dongyu, Chen Feiyu, Sun Zhenni, Ling Chao (one of Kunyin's four sons), Jiang Yiyi, Xu Yangyang, Mao Jianglong, Ding Wenhan, Summer, Yang Youning, Sa Beining, He Wei, Papi Sauce, Zhang Ruojun... You are the most Who are you looking forward to?

I know I reacted with a "love" but really I'm laughing. How many reality TV shows are there in China, holy crap! 

• LOL 2

2 hours ago, Lbpg said:

I know I reacted with a "love" but really I'm laughing. How many reality TV shows are there in China, holy crap! 

I never keep track of the C-varieties :D , but I think they're still within reasons. We're talking about a billion people audience here! Their movie industry produces approx. 500 dramas a year. 

• Insightful 2

3 hours ago, caranita said:

I never keep track of the C-varieties :D , but I think they're still within reasons. We're talking about a billion people audience here! Their movie industry produces approx. 500 dramas a year. 

True! And so many actors, they need to be creative to keep them busy and producing! It's all good, more cfy isn't a bad thing at all ;)

• LOL 1

Update his weibo, wonder if he is doing his job in here? Wonder if the new reality show about travelling after graduate, will be like how to surviving in nature, like korean variety show law of the jungle thing, or just backpacker around China, hmmm...

Screenshot-20190620-130542-Weibo-Intl.jp

• Like 3