[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

tothestars

12 minutes ago, tothestars said:

She did another translation! Hopefully she will make an exclusive thread or hashtag like what all her followers asking

Thank you!

It's cool that old interviews are being translated. More people began to see how deep he often thinks, his love of pottery, his old soul etc :) . 

We can contribute by compiling the old articles we already had here, and send it to her to see if she'd be willing to translate them :D 

• Love 1

3 hours ago, tothestars said:

He is so cute! So there is scenes that mo ran has to pretend to be a girl yeah?

I didn't read the book, so I don't know if there's such scene. Wait, I thought you  are reading it? Why would Mo Ran pretend to be a girl?

I actually dislike the flower hairpiece, but I always prefer simple hairstyle for male characters in historical dramas anyway. 

• Love 1

8 hours ago, caranita said:

I didn't read the book, so I don't know if there's such scene. Wait, I thought you  are reading it? Why would Mo Ran pretend to be a girl?

I actually dislike the flower hairpiece, but I always prefer simple hairstyle for male characters in historical dramas anyway. 

I am still in beginning chapters lol, havent continued yet, limited me time... Everyone said mo ran is in disguise as a girl in someone wedding.

3 hours ago, tothestars said:

I am still in beginning chapters lol, havent continued yet, limited me time... Everyone said mo ran is in disguise as a girl in someone wedding.

Dont really get when fans read the books first for certain dramas. I mean don't you guys like the surprise element??? Whats the point of watching something when you've read everything about it?? And then arguments start when the drama differs from the book even to a small extent. Don't get it!, how do you enjoy it then? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Have you all seen Arthur's post in Instagram? He posted about mickey saves the day... I dont understand...

--------

2 hours ago, Tashnat15 said:

Dont really get when fans read the books first for certain dramas. I mean don't you guys like the surprise element??? Whats the point of watching something when you've read everything about it?? And then arguments start when the drama differs from the book even to a small extent. Don't get it!, how do you enjoy it then? 

Hahahaa good points! But for me, since the drama adaptation cant excerpt all from the book, so i might go read the complete version, then i can imagine more Arthur in it. And since Arthur love the character, so i also want to read it. I dont mind spoilers, i am more into the plot, the acting, the ost and the scenery and interior design. Some good movies or dramas, i can rewatch because of those factors, and still amused by them, surprise elements just a bonus for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tothestars said:

Have you all seen Arthur's post in Instagram? He posted about mickey saves the day... I dont understand...

Me neither I think it's some kind of art maybe? I don't know man.... Lol

Hahahaa good points! But for me, since the drama adaptation cant excerpt all from the book, so i might go read the complete version, then i can imagine more Arthur in it. And since Arthur love the character, so i also want to read it. I dont mind spoilers, i am more into the plot, the acting, the ost and the scenery and interior design. Some good movies or dramas, i can rewatch because of those factors, and still amused by them, surprise elements just a bonus for me.

I respect that but personally nah. Can't read the book then I won't be excited about the drama everything would just seem repetitive imo... 

• Love 1

I did. If I remember correctly, he had mentioned Daniel Arsham before. Arsham is a sculptor who has worked with Dior too. Given Arthur's interest in pottery, it makes sense that he also follows Arsham on IG.  The IG post perhaps refers to one of Arsham's latest work.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

This is totally off base but I gotta question, what's with the obsession with Xiao Zhan(never watched untamed and don't intend to) ? And what's up with him being "blacklisted"?

Also with Arthur's popularity rising I read a comment where a fan said that they don't want Arthur to be the next Xiao Zhan. 

What does that mean? Someone please explain? 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tashnat15 said:

This is totally off base but I gotta question, what's with the obsession with Xiao Zhan(never watched untamed and don't intend to) ? And what's up with him being "blacklisted"?

Also with Arthur's popularity rising I read a comment where a fan said that they don't want Arthur to be the next Xiao Zhan. 

What does that mean? Someone please explain? 

Xiao Zhan got popular way too fast thanks to a bl drama which can have a lot of downsides. and one of them is attracting many competitors and antis trying to ruin him and bad apples in his fanbase growing and making it worse by sabotaging his career. it escalated to a big scandal called the 227 incident which you can read in more details here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boycott_against_Xiao_Zhan_Incident

and as a result, so many fans of not just actors, but other fields like music, video games, novels, comics, content creators, artists were affected and hate him for what his fans have done. so what they mean is that they don't want the same thing happening to cfy. but it's not just him specifically, but with all the actors that are now shooting a BL drama. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

31 minutes ago, zhxzhx said:

Xiao Zhan got popular way too fast thanks to a bl drama which can have a lot of downsides. and one of them is attracting many competitors and antis trying to ruin him and bad apples in his fanbase growing and making it worse by sabotaging his career. it escalated to a big scandal called the 227 incident which you can read in more details here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boycott_against_Xiao_Zhan_Incident

and as a result, so many fans of not just actors, but other fields like music, video games, novels, comics, content creators, artists were affected and hate him for what his fans have done. so what they mean is that they don't want the same thing happening to cfy. but it's not just him specifically, but with all the actors that are now shooting a BL drama. 

Dang!! That's tough he must have lost so many endorsements. So what's his current status now? I hear all his projects that were supposed to air were put on hold. Thanks btw

• Like 2

7 hours ago, caranita said:

I did. If I remember correctly, he had mentioned Daniel Arsham before. Arsham is a sculptor who has worked with Dior too. Given Arthur's interest in pottery, it makes sense that he also follows Arsham on IG.  The IG post perhaps refers to one of Arsham's latest work.

Ahh ic, thank you for the info dear, looks like he is very close with Dior family, they have a lot in common.

Abour XZ, yeah he and WYB really got a jackpot thanks to The Untamed, but so far WYB is safe than XZ. Hopefully XZ regain his carrer back, hardwork never betrays. And for other actors include our Arthur, hopefully they are safe too! Really count on the fans base, the studio and of course the actor's response to the issue.

----------

Arthur walked very slow, he looked really exhausted.

https://v.douyin.com/JrRPEje/ 复制此链接,打开【抖音短视频】,直接观看视频!

Screenshot-20200818-224249.jpg

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Tashnat15 said:

Dang!! That's tough he must have lost so many endorsements. So what's his current status now? I hear all his projects that were supposed to air were put on hold. Thanks btw

Yeah, he lost some endorsements including Olay and Qeelin (which Arthur is the new brand ambassador of). But I don't think he is blacklisted by the industry as he just started shooting a new project and one of his projects is planned to air by the end of the year. It's just that the public doesn't see him in a positive light. 

I think all of this could've been avoided or at least the damage could've been lessened if he had a better team smart enough to take the right actions before it was too late. it's why fans of arthur are really hoping his team improves or is replaced by a competent one so they can get ready for next year in case something serious happens. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

17 minutes ago, zhxzhx said:

Yeah, he lost some endorsements including Olay and Qeelin (which Arthur is the new brand ambassador of). But I don't think he is blacklisted by the industry as he just started shooting a new project and one of his projects is planned to air by the end of the year. It's just that the public doesn't see him in a positive light. 

I think all of this could've been avoided or at least the damage could've been lessened if he had a better team smart enough to take the right actions before it was too late. it's why fans of arthur are really hoping his team improves or is replaced by a competent one so they can get ready for next year in case something serious happens. 

Well am glad he still has projects and is working. Olay and Qeelin endorsements must be lucrative huh? 

And yes I agree Arthur needs better management! We could do without the drama and negativity he deserves better period. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, tothestars said:

I dont like they call him Fei fei.. :sweatingbullets: anyway hopefully arthur has a good rest today. 

Good, he should take a break yesterday he looked wiped out. 

And yes I agree with the 'Fei fei' nickname is so annoying lol....Freaking use Arthur simple and great name... 

• Like 2
  • Love 1