angelangie

[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, tothestars said:

Actually honestly, i am starting to get bored watching ATWIL started on ep 9-10, let see for the rest. But i really like yunxi's acting, he nailed it. Meanwhile i am starting to feel Yukee's acting is monoton.

 

I'm already bored at ep 3.  The story is not refreshing enough.  I dislike the CGI.  Hope the directors will not use the same for Arthur's drama.

 

I have read about a quarter of Heaven Awakening Path.  Frankly, the LOA screenwriter did a good job for the drama by taking the arcs of the novel with the main characters well written as they turned out to be more fascinating.  I don't really like the way the author is writing his story so I have stopped reading at the Soul Combat Convention arc but the soul power forces are really interesting to know.  I hope the screenwriter who is writing Immortality is doing a good job too.  That, we have to trust Arthur on this.  I suspect they didn't disclose who the screenwriter is to protect any backlash from fans of the novel.

 

14 hours ago, caranita said:

As for Zhou Jiawen, I just checked his other works. He's pretty new? Douban only list 2 dramas he had directed: the Chang An Youth, and Wife's Lies. Haven't seen Chang An Youth, and only saw some random episodes of Wife's Lies. I remember I checked on Wife's Lies because I liked Jia Qing (the FL), and at that time Wife's Lies was quite popular. But I dropped it because I got bored, and in general I prefer wuxia/historical than modern Cdramas anyway.

 

Apart from Chang'an Youth (2020) and The Wife's Lies (2015), he is also the director for Happy Noodle (2013), A Perfect Husband (2011), Pretty Maid (2010) among other projects.

 

I found out that this time Arthur is working with experienced main cast be it Luo Yun Xi, Chen Yao or Zhou Qi .  He's surrounded by actors whose track record are longer than his. :D

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, dejun said:

I have read about a quarter of Heaven Awakening Path.  Frankly, the LOA screenwriter did a good job for the drama by taking the arcs of the novel with the main characters well written as they turned out to be more fascinating.  I don't really like the way the author is writing his story so I have stopped reading at the Soul Combat Convention arc but the soul power forces are really interesting to know.  I hope the screenwriter who is writing Immortality is doing a good job too.  That, we have to trust Arthur on this.  I suspect they didn't disclose who the screenwriter is to protect any backlash from fans of the novel.

 

Yeah i have read few pages on couple chapters Heaven Awakening Path, and didnt have any intention to continue...so just like you said, screenwriter for LoA did a very good job!

 

16 minutes ago, dejun said:

found out that this time Arthur is working with experienced main cast be it Luo Yun Xi, Chen Yao or Zhou Qi .  He's surrounded by actors whose track record are longer than his. :D

 

Same thing with Ever Night. I think only in LoA since it is about youth, so they have to cast young actors for the leads.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tothestars said:

Director Zhou posted a weibo about Immortality, he talked about Mo Ran?

 

Possibly?

I don't know, as I don't read the book. But the second picture in black and white, the brows and the eyes have uncanny resemblance to Arthur's! 

 

1 hour ago, dejun said:

Apart from Chang'an Youth (2020) and The Wife's Lies (2015), he is also the director for Happy Noodle (2013), A Perfect Husband (2011), Pretty Maid (2010) among other projects.

 

I found out that this time Arthur is working with experienced main cast be it Luo Yun Xi, Chen Yao or Zhou Qi .  He's surrounded by actors whose track record are longer than his. :D

 

Thank you for this! The other drama titles don't ring a bell to me -- they sound like modern dramas? 

 

Yes, like @tothestars said, most of Arthur's co-stars are more experienced actors, incl. Zhou Qi and Deng Ency who are younger than him. Sometimes I wonder if that was on purpose from the start: he wants to take lessons, and at the same time it gives him challenge. I remember in one of his interviews, he said (or implied) that while he values education (training?) but gaining experience in acting is very  important.

 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole world questioning his post LOL

 

 

  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, tothestars said:

The whole world questioning his post LOL

 

Where did he post this? Weibo? 

 

Well, we are used to his cryptic Instagram posts for the longest time, LOLOLOL... I've given up trying to interpret them! The boy is so careful, just let him be like that. Vague messages in his social media are probably the only way he can vent out without revealing too much and potentially backfiring. 

 

PS. Just checked twitter and yeah... people are going crazy because of that post! I'm guessing it's something to do with marriage or wedding? ("tie the knot").

  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, caranita said:

 

Where did he post this? Weibo? 

 

Well, we are used to his cryptic Instagram posts for the longest time, LOLOLOL... I've given up trying to interpret them! The boy is so careful, just let him be like that. Vague messages in his social media are probably the only way he can vent out without revealing too much and potentially backfiring. 

 

PS. Just checked twitter and yeah... people are going crazy because of that post! I'm guessing it's something to do with marriage or wedding? ("tie the knot").

 

Yes weibo.

 

Lol if someone from the fandom read your comment abou "tie the knot", they will respond more krezilyyyyy LOL

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tothestars said:

Lol if someone from the fandom read your comment abou "tie the knot", they will respond more krezilyyyyy LOL

 

Hahahahhah! I'm quite sure many people lurk in this forum occasionally, there are times I feel like there's reference to our conversation here  ..  Also, they likely have made similar conclusion :))). 

  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, caranita said:

Thank you for this! The other drama titles don't ring a bell to me -- they sound like modern dramas? 

 

Yes The Wife's Lies, Happy Noodle and A Perfect Husband were modern dramas except for Chang'an Youth and Pretty Maid.  He's not the main director for Pretty Maid as he does collaborate with other directors on period or republican dramas.

 

7 hours ago, tothestars said:

The whole world questioning his post LOL

 

This boy loves riddles. :D

 

6 hours ago, tothestars said:

Lol if someone from the fandom read your comment abou "tie the knot", they will respond more krezilyyyyy LOL

 

:lol: I also guess that the answer is same as yours.

 

Just completed 2 eps of TROTAR.  Better than ATWIL imo and worth watching.

 

@caranita Yup, our boy wants to be a good actor.  He wants to gain more experience as an actor and train himself up to be a better actor.  That's his goal.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2020 at 11:26 PM, tothestars said:

This is a compilation of Arthur's works with his voice when doing monolog and interviews in the background.

 

https://video.h5.weibo.cn/1034:4511722887643171/4511723984722759

 

What Arthur said in the background...

 

Currently what Arthur wants to do is to act well  in shows and be a good actor.  As an actor he has the interest so he spends a lot of time using his own experiences and inspirations to do what he feels right, to do it well.  Everyone also has one lifetime to do something important and for him there are many important things which materialized for him to complete in his life.  Every role given to him is an experience.  Every role given to gain experience would be opportunities given for one to do; able to experience different roles as every opportunity is not easily obtainable…..  He put his thoughts into it….…..  He wants to present what he loved most and excel (before everyone)………. There are many...  Maybe in this world there is jealousy but if you……..  A person is not able to choose which family to be born into but able to choose what you want in the future with your own efforts to pick……..so long you understand is enough…..an actor will encounter hardships so when you know that will cherish that role….Director wants him to……….

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, dejun said:

 

What Arthur said in the background...

 

Currently what Arthur wants to do is to act well  in shows and be a good actor.  As an actor he has the interest so he spends a lot time using his own experiences and inspirations to do what he feels right, to do it well.  Everyone also has one lifetime to do something important and for him there are many important things which materialized for him to complete in his life.  Every role given to him is an experience.  Every role given to gain experience would be opportunities given for one to do; able to experience different roles as every opportunity is not easily obtainable…..  He put his thoughts into it….…..  He wants to present what he loved most and excel (before everyone)………. There are many...  Maybe in this world there is jealousy but if you……..  A person is not able to choose which family to be born into but able to choose what you want in the future with your own efforts to pick……..so long you understand is enough…..an actor will encounter hardships so when you know that will cherish that role….Director wants him to……….

 

Omg thx u so much @dejun

 

Really love to hear such an in depth thought of him, a wise young man with a great mind. So he has realized about the jealousy about his background yeah? Poor him, but very happy that he knows how to respond.

 

Thx again dejun! Happy to have you here, really!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tothestars said:

Really love to hear such an in depth thought of him, a wise young man with a great mind. So he has realized about the jealousy about his background yeah? Poor him, but very happy that he knows how to respond.

 

Thx again dejun! Happy to have you here, really!

 

Hahahah...  You're welcome @tothestars.  I really want to know what he said about jealousy but the music is too loud and other words I miss out.... can't help that.

 

Arthur really works hard so he could become a good actor.  I like his attitude and is an actor who deserves my admiration.  I look forward to his future development with much anticipation.

 

@angelangie  I do start reading webnovels quite recently when my interest in dramas waned and usually choose those with good ratings only. :D  Like I watched Story of Ming Lan drama after I read the webnovel still ongoing to date (the translation work for this is excellent).  I won't read it if I realized it's not a completed novel, sighhh.

  • Like 3
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, angelangie said:

Arthur always struck me as someone who have depth talks.....

 

He does. And reading his interviews over the years, I'm quite impressed with his consistency. Being young, I expect to see changes in his narratives from time to time. But most of them remain the same, which to me show that he's focused and determined, and he knows what he wants :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dejun said:

 

@angelangie  I do start reading webnovels quite recently when my interest in dramas waned and usually choose those with good ratings only. :D  Like I watched Story of Ming Lan drama after I read the webnovel still ongoing to date (the translation work for this is excellent).  I won't read it if I realized it's not a completed novel, sighhh.

 

come and join the club then....tell me which novel u are reading and i will set up the thread :D 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just realized yesterday that Arthur actually recorded OST for both of his movies, Secret Fruit and My Best Summer.  The duet song entitled Secret Words he sang with Ouyang Nana is quite meaningful.  The song Best of Us is touchingly sad in reminiscent of the past.  He does has a nice soothing voice.  I thought he only sings as a hobby.

 

@angelangie  Sorry I am not reading any webnovels at the moment.  Currently, I have many dramas on my watchlist to finish.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now