[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

tothestars

1 hour ago, tothestars said:

Interview about HYX, he did the longest preparation in drama career for Moran. The fandom is so grateful for having Arthur to be Moran!

51 minutes ago, tothestars said:

Another more parts translation...

Thanks for sharing! One of these accounts also gave the link to the original article: https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/gCfhHb0HKb2GyePwVgDHDw. So here's the complete article, google translated:

PS. I love this interview! This is the first one in recent time that is quite deep, like his old ones :). He doesn't only talk about Immortality, but also his love in clothes designing (yes, he indeed has released his own brand! [The Collective Individual?]) and growth as an actor.

Chen Feiyu's Gentle Rebellion | Cover Star

To describe this boy born in 2000 with goodness, humility, and politeness is somewhat flat. Those dense work schedules may help us understand his character: it is not a greenhouse flower without ambition or incompetence, just because Putting the realization of self-worth in the first place can we use a kind of "gentle rebellion" to smash and reshape, and accept the imperfect gaps in the process calmly.

Chen Feiyu's eyes look most like his mother Chen Hong. Father Chen Kaige said that they are exactly the same clean and the most touching part of the whole face. The movie "My Country and Me: Daylight Meteor" gives these eyes a long-term close-up. There is no line, kindness, moving, and confession. All the emotions of the character are written in it. Chen Feiyu has a clean body that has not been hurt. The actor who worked with Jin Shijie, the senior actor, described: "It is a kind of innocence that has nothing to do with age. There is no smell of dirt on his body. He just ran out to say hello to the world after taking a shower." When chatting, he used to look directly at each other Eyes, that is the basic courtesy of dealing with others. What I thought was open and frank, disdain to pretend. Treat people with sincerity and hope to be rewarded with the same sincerity.

During the period before and after the interview, Chen Feiyu was filming the costume drama "Hao Yi Xing" in Hengdian. I don’t know if he, sitting in front of him at the moment, has the shadow of the character, because he and the character are born on the same day as Aries. Some fatalistic implications. In this script, you can understand that Chen Feiyu’s "one person plays a triangle": the innocent ink burns, the villain’s stepping fairy, the world’s master Mo; you can also regard the ink burning, stepping on the fairy, and the master of Mo. For the three sides of a character. There are obvious differences in movement, body shape, eyes, voice, and shape. There are obvious differences between Mo Burning, Stepping on the Immortal Monarch, and Master Mo. But in front of the camera, the most important thing is the eyes-the eyes can tell stories.

Bright eyes are good at gazing, and ink burns. Cross-brows and anger, is stepping on Xianjun. Not angry and prestigious, is Master Mo.  

At the age of 20, he made a decision on his own to take over "Hao Yi Xing", and his family gave him 100% respect and support. Chen Feiyu does not shy away from his family’s help to himself: "Since someone can help me, why should I avoid it? I must absorb it." However, since becoming an actor, he slowly learned to be independent: "In the end, no one can replace me. To play this role, no matter how many others have done for me, in the end I played every shot and every scene myself.” As the villain, Ta Xianjun is a type of role that Chen Feiyu has never tried. He hopes this is a breakthrough. , Let the audience see that he is Chen Feiyu, but he does not seem to be the Chen Feiyu in the audience's established impression.  

When I first got the script of "Haoyi Xing", the first thing that attracted Chen Feiyu was the extremeness of the characters-the burning of ink is extremely vital, the stepping on the immortal monarch is extremely destructive, and the master of Mo is righteous. The complicated story, the reversed plot, and the three-dimensional character set finally impressed Chen Feiyu to take over "Hao Yi Xing", which is also the drama that Chen Feiyu has been preparing for the longest.  

However, after reading the original novel and script, until the boot, he never thought about how to interpret Ta Xianjun: "I watched some movies, studied how the director created the villain, and looked for the fulcrum. I found that the successful villain is not So the "villain" will not be evil and routine. However, even if you do a lot of homework, before the actual interpretation, the heart is still very bottomless. After all, the situation of actors facing the camera and rehearsing in their hearts must be different of."  

Coincidentally, in the first scene on the first day of the crew, Chen Feiyu played the role of Stepping Xianjun. "When I put on the costume, I finished the makeup and styling, and once I stood in the scene, all the effects were right. At that moment, I especially believed in the existence of this character. I felt that in addition to external assistance, the most important One point is the trust given to me by the opponent actor. The actor relies on the reaction of the other to build his belief in the role and believe that he is the role.” Chen Feiyu said.  

The crew often announces that within a day, Chen Feiyu needs to change clothes repeatedly between Mo Burning, Stepping Xianjun, and Mo Zongshi-subdivided down, the Mo Burning has different states as the plot reverses. Stepping Xianjun is also divided into the heyday and During the downturn, in the most extreme case, completely different characters interact in the same time and space in the same scene. In Chen Feiyu's opinion, "It is necessary to deeply understand the relationship between the characters, and switch to the accurate state at the fastest speed. The relationship between the characters and the psychological rhythm need to be performed clearly and completely, so that the audience can take a look. Know which stage of the story is in."  

Chen Feiyu can understand the lively and enthusiastic emotional expression of the ink and Master Mo's steady and mature. He "may not understand the pain of stepping on Xianjun, but he can experience it." "I think Mr. Taxian is a poor villain. He is not bad for the sake of evil, he does evil for the sake of doing evil." Chen Feiyu said, how to enter Taxianjun as soon as possible, even in those few hours, he became him both in and out of the play. , "If I play Stepping Xianjun today, but the moment I enter the door, it will be an ink-burning atmosphere, then this scene will definitely be abandoned." Therefore, the staff around you will obviously feel the changes in Chen Feiyu, playing the role of Stepping Xianjun. On that day, his temper would become "not so good", and he would even have some cruel hands on himself: he had not eaten well for three days, just to get close to the manic depression required by the script.  

The director of "Hao Yi Xing" He Shupei said to the actors: "If I meet a bad actor, I tell him how to act in front of the monitor, and he will act accordingly. It will be 10 times worse than now. , I hope you guys will take out the most real things about yourself.” Through this play, Chen Feiyu realized that trust between actors and actors is the most important thing. Having a good opponent, give each other enough stimulation and help each other to believe. Once the actors have established a tacit understanding, improvisational movements will add to the drama.  

"The burning of the ink is the active side in the relationship between the characters. In the script, the master Chu Wanning has such a moody personality. The scene requires us to go through some scheduling and arrange some actions according to the relationship between the characters. It's fun. In addition, for action scenes, I said, there must be blood from the knife, and blood will splash on my face. These details may need to be requested by the actors themselves to achieve the best results." Chen Feiyu said, If an actor does not have the ability to correct errors, he must not be a good actor. In the past few months, he slowly began to learn to think actively: "Through the understanding and adjustment of each scene, I can feel the growth in the past few months, and my control over the characters is improving."  

In the past year, Chen Feiyu is preparing his own clothing brand. The origin of the clothing brand may be related to the painting experience. When Chen Feiyu was in elementary school, he studied sketching with his teacher for a period of time. Black and white, dot, surface, line, and space did not seem to inspire his enthusiasm. He concluded that he "may not be particularly imaginative in this respect." On the contrary, he realized his strong sensitivity in color matching, "some colors will never be tried, some colors are very preferred"-perceiving color is a gift, and graffiti has become one of his daily interests. Until now, Chen Feiyu still likes to carry an iPad with him, click on the drawing software to paint and paint between work. He shares the finished product with everyone through social networking sites. He regards this as an expression, and the creator himself does not need to do more interpretation. .  

In terms of dressing, from the beginning, I simply liked to remake old clothes, cut jeans with scissors and re-sewn them together, acrylic inkjet T-shirts and sneakers, and evolved to no longer satisfied with "secondary creation" and wanted to have one. Brand new and own clothing brand. With more and more time and energy invested, he gradually understood professional terms such as pattern making, fabrics, quantity, quality, cost, design concepts, etc....understood the design behind a seemingly simple piece of clothing And how difficult the production process is, but also gain irreplaceable experience and sense of accomplishment.  

After a year of preparation, the brand was officially registered, and finished products were also released. Chen Feiyu shared them with friends around him, and took them to the shooting scene of the magazine and proudly introduced them to the staff.  

"My brand is not a derivative product of an artist. It does not only serve people or fans who like me. I am not operating this brand as an artist. My audience can be'everyone'." Chen Feiyu said in design He is a "self-learning type", he will not define himself as a professional designer, "For me, it is a hobby, an art experiment, and a brand by doing art experiments. All I can guarantee is, I must control the style, fabric, quality, and color.”  

In terms of design, Chen Feiyu hopes not to blindly and follow the trend: “I only make things that I have inspiration. I don’t like to print patterns on all clothes. If I want to print patterns but I don’t think it makes any sense, I will do it. Well?''  

This is a way of expression for the new youth of the "millennial generation". They are unwilling to restrict themselves to a single identity prematurely. Instead, they dare to think and do, pay for their curiosity about the world and their distinctive personality. All in practice.  

On the eve of the magazine shooting, Chen Feiyu shot a scene in Hengdian for a whole day. Without dinner, he drove to Shanghai directly and checked into the hotel at 2:00 in the morning. The next day, wake up at 7:00, set off at 8:00, and appear in the dressing room on time at 9:00. At 23:00 in the evening, finish all the work, return to the hotel to pack up, drove back to Hengdian at 2:00 in the morning, and the crew started on time at 6:00 the next day.  

"I arrived in Shanghai last night and looked out the high-rise buildings from the hotel window. I have forgotten that I lived in such a city before. Because I was doing the same job and filming different scenes in Hengdian every day, there was a sense of trance as time passed. When chatting, Chen Feiyu's voice was a little hoarse, and the faint red blood streaks in his eyes could see the exhaustion after staying up all night. However, regardless of magazines, advertisements, or events, "not allowed to be late" is his almost rigid requirement of himself, and is the inherent principle of his personality.  

Father Chen Kaige once commented in an interview that Chen Feiyu is an "order mad" and an extreme perfectionist. "Every piece of clothing in the bedroom must be neatly lined up, where the books should be placed, where the alarm clock should be placed, where the paintings should be hung, and how the clothes should be folded, all have instructions." Chen Feiyu admitted, "Yes, I am a person with obsessive-compulsive disorder. I particularly believe that the environment where a person lives will greatly affect his work status. Some people live in the same place and can do the same thing the next day. I can’t, I live. The place must match my habits, otherwise I won’t find the status.”  

So far, Chen Feiyu has only lived in the same hotel when filming in Hengdian, because the surrounding popular environment makes him feel safest. "I believe in principle, and I have my own set of process order. After making the brand, I have a better understanding of my personality. I must first set the brand's basic color, version and production process." Chen Feiyu said .  

Father, mother, elder brother, Chen Feiyu, the four family members happened to be fire signs, and the way of expressing each other's feelings was always direct. "My temper, how can I say it, the ups and downs will be big, come and go quickly. I must strive for perfection in everything I do. For example, today I asked the floor designer to help me change a picture, and I must give it to me today. It must be changed to the way I want it. Next time I receive this sample, all the changes must be accurate." Chen Feiyu described his personality as black and white, and no sand in his eyes: "In life, I I hate people who lie to me the most." After speaking, Chen Feiyu smiled embarrassedly, but explained in earnest that the premise of all principles must be strict self-discipline.  

If an actor stands in the spotlight and receives thousands of pursuits, it is "a matter of heaven"; then at the age of 17, the first shot of "Eternal Night" was rolled over a dozen times in the yellow sand, and at the age of 19, "Road to Awakening" was filmed in the cold winter. Jumping into the icy lake, without dancing and martial arts skills, carrying a lot of horse riding and action scenes... it is "human affairs." It was Chen Feiyu's single-handed entry into the WTO after he told his parents "I want to be an actor" when he was 17 years old. It was the real texture behind the glamour. Now, let’s talk about the martial arts, swords, whips, strides, boxing exercises before the start of "Hao Yi Xing", shooting continuously for 6 days at a high temperature of 40 degrees, a dozen catties of clothing and crowns, more than 20 hours of continuous shooting He went to the hospital to hang water from heatstroke...He has a calmness that he takes for granted. At most, he joked: "Hey, it was a little dying at the time."  

For performance, Chen Feiyu is "gradual insight." "I'm an experientialist, I don't use so many skills." Putting in and then pulling away, sorting, digesting, and swallowing, being an actor always repeats this process. "Performance is to show the audience the truest self. If you are unwilling to give your true feelings, you may have a problem with choosing to be an actor." Chen Feiyu believes that completing each role does not mean saying goodbye. The actor leaves traces in his life and becomes a part of the body.  

Strictness is the background color of Chen Feiyu's character. When he was a child, his character was a little introverted and could not express. But in the past year, he has clearly felt his own changes, and he has become more and more open to the outside world. When he first entered the industry, he didn't understand many things. He was pushed away and didn't know what he wanted. He was very restrained in doing things. This was part of his dissatisfaction with himself. Now he has learned to take the initiative and maintain confidence: "It turned out that I might do something uncertain, but now, I will refuse something that is uncertain, and slowly learn to judge which choice is right." Chen Feiyu did not say anything. Hesitatingly said, this moment is his best moment.  

After you have income and financial independence, will your parents treat you as an adult?   

I think a child will always be a child. Even if I reach the age of 40 or 50 and my parents are 70 or 80, I may still be a child in their eyes. But, for example, in all aspects of life, they can see the growth of my brother and me, they will be very happy, more and more assured, let us make our own decisions. Before I became an actor, my dad reminded me: "You have to be psychologically prepared, do you know what kind of profession an actor is?" I think personal experience is much more important to me than others.  

Really went to film school and became a professional actor, is it the same as you thought?   

It must be different. First of all, to be an actor, I think everyone's thinking is different and their own standards are different. Putting yourself in a specific frame and defining what kind of actor you are is actually not necessary for me. I just use my real feelings and the knowledge of the professional field I touched to support me to analyze and play a good role.  

What does your father's approval mean to you?  

It means the recognition of "family". I think not only because my father is an excellent film director, his recognition of me is even more valuable. In fact, I never regarded my father as a particularly famous person, but I regarded him as a very self-disciplined person. Seniors, especially in this industry, have helped me a lot and taught me a lot, whether it is a professional field or a life perspective.  

You have an enviable growth environment. Are there any unknown setbacks and regrets in your growth experience?   

There was no particular setback, but my childhood may not be as good as everyone thought. Strict family education encourages us to become better and more self-disciplined. Both parents are excellent and successful. They are a driving force for our growth. We also put pressure on ourselves. Regrettably, I think more of what I have experienced after becoming an artist. There are many things I can’t do, I can’t freely manage my time. This is the price of being a public figure.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, caranita said:

article: https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/gCfhHb0HKb2GyePwVgDHDw. So here's the complete article, google translated:

Woo hoo. This is a great interview. Wow been a minute since we last got one of these.  As for the clothing line, Arthur is extremely  smart if he intends to launch it when or during when Immortality airs and the fans will eat it all up literally, the sales will be ridiculous(sky rocket).

And I love that he produced some samples that he gave to family and friends, colleagues to get their feedback(testing the market) and do better before official launch. Can't wait hope they ship internationally cause I will be spending some money for sure lol. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Tashnat15 said:

Dang they've been shooting Immortality for this long and it's only gonna have 50 episodes seriously? Thought it would have about 60 or so episodes... 

Do they usually take 5-6 months shooting Chinese shows? 

For historical dramas, they indeed normally take 5-6 months of shooting. Then another 6 months (approx) for post production, including voice dubbing/recording. And then it's up to whether they get permission in time to air the drama. 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, caranita said:

For historical dramas, they indeed normally take 5-6 months of shooting. Then another 6 months (approx) for post production, including voice dubbing/recording. And then it's up to whether they get permission in time to air the drama. 

Sheesh that's along time. Hope there is no dubbing with immortality.... Wow so their shows have to get permission to be aired? I thought as long as a network or site picks up a show then they just set the airing date of that show... 

So they seek permission from the who? the government?? Things really different in China huh? 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Tashnat15 said:

So they seek permission from the who? the government?? Things really different in China huh? 

Yes, all movies and dramas must get approval from the Chinese national radio & TV agency (NRTA) for airing/screening. If I'm not mistaken, they must first submit the synopsis/summary to make sure that the story won't contain forbidden themes. The agency used to be lenient towards webdramas, but for the past couple of years has been stricter in all platforms. There are cases of dramas postponing their scheduled premieres and rumor has it that they need to re-edit the said dramas. 

• Love 1

It said that Arthur has registered his clothing brand as Fei Yun Yu Li, it registered from a company called Bai Ling Niao owner by Chen Hong and Chen KaiGe.

Fei Yun is like the name of the fandom FeiYunXi, and Yu is like his brother's name Chen Yu Ang means rain.

Maybe because the design of this line clothing inspired from Immortality shooting time yeah?

Added source link:

http://weibointl.api.weibo.com/share/168620634.html?weibo_id=4542203382476440

Screenshot-20200826-211836-Weibo-Intl.jp

2lu2iae4w4b8k4tv22fdcrivb.jpg

4y9eiswrp1oviu4twkw8nc58j.jpg

75r7msbw5v6513vjs60p594yr.jpg

Edited by tothestars
Add source link
  • Shocked 1
  • Insightful 1

It said that Arthur has registered his clothing brand as Fei Yun Yu Li, it registered from a company called Bai Ling Niao owner by Chen Hong and Chen KaiGe.

So Cool talk about making money with your fam. We need to know more info/details about the clothing line.. And what would the brand name be? (Clothing line is intriguing and exciting, can't wait) . 

You think we will get that from his Bazaar interview? I mean dets about the clothing line. Is the magazine out yet? 

Also can someone please explain what the other info in Chinese mean.  I saw on IG (fan account) that he registered 2 companies or clothing lines (I don't know man it was not clear) there was that "feiyun Li" and another "Lunarcloud"

Btw what does Alex do now that he graduated (at University of Pennsylvania, Wharton) and is back in China? His IG stories show him having these fancy dinners at fancy restaurants, hanging out with Kris Wu and then this one time he was working on his laptop(was in mandarin couldn't understand a thing LOL) and he complained of a long night (and am curious, sue me lol.... ) 

• Love 1

9 hours ago, tothestars said:

Fei Yun is like the name of the fandom FeiYunXi, and Yu is like his brother's name Chen Yu Ang means rain.

Maybe because the design of this line clothing inspired from Immortality shooting time yeah?

LOL, the shippers must have had a field day with the name of the company :lol::lol::lol:. I thought Arthur had been designing for long before Immortality started, I doubt the designs are inspired by his shooting time. 

7 hours ago, Tashnat15 said:

Also can someone please explain what the other info in Chinese mean.  I saw on IG (fan account) that he registered 2 companies or clothing lines (I don't know man it was not clear) there was that "feiyun Li" and another "Lunarcloud"

The account that posted the information belongs to the website which has the information of companies (I looked the website up, haha!). Why did it specifically mention Arthur? They were trying to promote the website? :) Based on the picture @tothestars posted above, it looks like there are other brands registered by the company, and I don't think there's anything to tell that it was Arthur who registered those brands. Alex is probably now managing the family's company lol.

• Love 1

9 hours ago, Tashnat15 said:

So Cool talk about making money with your fam. We need to know more info/details about the clothing line.. And what would the brand name be? (Clothing line is intriguing and exciting, can't wait) . 

Fei Yun Yu Li :wub:

Sori i forgot to give the link:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, caranita said:

@tothestarsI don't think there's anything to tell that it was Arthur who registered those brands. Alex is probably now managing the family's company lol.

Yeah that's why I gave up tbh... Seems like fans were making up stories especially when Arthur hasn't disclosed the brand name and all this info comes out immediately after he mentions his clothing line.. That's why I decided to wait for viable info from the source himself and not fans LOL. (Indeed it was a field day with this one lol). 

As for Alex good for him. Must be nice not to look for a job after college/university like the rest of us huh? Lol... Thought he was gonna follow Chen Kaige's footsteps tho...There is money in the family alright, to be able to put up their kids in very expensive American school(Tabor) and IVY college(Wharton) . CK and CH must be good investors. (rich, rich lol.. ) Isn't Chen kaige the most successful director in China? 

Fei Yun Yu Li :wub:

Sori i forgot to give the link:

Thanks. Am sorry but that 'Fei Yun Yu Li' name seems made up by a fan LOL... A brand name is supposed to be catchy, unforgettable but at the same time simple. And I think Arthur could come up with a better one imo lol. I could be wrong tho...... 

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Tashnat15 said:

Thanks. Am sorry but that 'Fei Yun Yu Li' name seems made up by a fan LOL... A brand name is supposed to be catchy, unforgettable but at the same time simple. And I think Arthur could come up with a better one imo lol. I could be wrong tho...... 

I checked the link, and the name is correct. However, based on the post and the comments following it, it's a general agreement that the name derived from Arthur's and Alex's Chinese name (as suggested by @tothestars), and Luo Yunxi doesn't really have anything to do with it.

Out of curiosity, I also checked the other brand registered by the company, Jihegeti, which Chinese characters also appear there. Guess what it means in English? Collective Individual :).

My concern remains the same: why must this website publicize this information?

• Love 1

58 minutes ago, caranita said:

I checked the link, and the name is correct. However, based on the post and the comments following it, it's a general agreement that the name derived from Arthur's and Alex's Chinese name (as suggested by @tothestars), 

My concern remains the same: why must this website publicize this information?

I don't know man, that name seems like a mouthful tbh.... But still that info shouldn't be made public until his agent/management makes that info public... Talk about lack of confidentiality... That's why I believe most of it is fake imo. 

Will wait for official statement from Arthur and management. 

• Like 1

On 8/24/2020 at 11:34 PM, caranita said:

Yayyyy! It's out already. I love their description of Arthur: humble, polite, well-mannered, but has adequate self-awareness. So he'll strive to improve himself, but understands that there will be gaps in the process. :love:

@Lbpg Hiiiii!! Long time no see! Are you going to watch Immortality when it comes out next year?

Hiiii!!! Our boy will be in it, so absolutely will be checking it out! I'm loving all his recent editorial and cover shoots, he's looking very good these days - especially today's with the pics from Bazaar. I'm hoping we'll have a video like last time he was featured, though unless he's again quoting famous writings, I'm not sure it'll be as amazing as that one was. I still watch it occasionally :w00t:

I'd been lurking and watching kdramas, cdramas this year had been mostly misses for me, but Go Ahead is sooooo good! And while Song Weilong is some amazing eye candy, I can't help but wonder what our boy would've been like in the older brother role. Those present-day scenes from MBS come to mind :phew:

• Like 1
  • Love 1