[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

tothestars

It's funny y'all talk about his chemistry with his female costars, because he is known to be really playful (or flirty as non-fans think) with them off-screen. People have pointed out that he has better chemistry with them off-screen than on-screen. I've seen several douban posts compiling his moments with all the female artists he's worked with, he's shipped a lot lol.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, zhxzhx said:

It's funny y'all talk about his chemistry with his female costars, because he is known to be really playful (or flirty as non-fans think) with them off-screen. People have pointed out that he has better chemistry with them off-screen than on-screen. I've seen several douban posts compiling his moments with all the female artists he's worked with, he's shipped a lot lol.

Your right and that's why am like dang can we get it on screen too... 

• Like 1

Eheehhehe.... sorry to disagree with you @zhxzhx and @Tashnat15. I think he has great chemistry with most of his female co-stars BOTH on-screen and off-screen. My Best Summer is indeed a teen romance flick, but his scenes with He Landou made my heart flutter. The on-screen chemistry lacked with Cheng Xiao -- but maybe as some others had said here, it could be accounted to her stiff acting.

If you also followed or read the EN1 forum, the majority was in agreement about his & Song Yiren's chemistry. I'm not saying that you're wrong if you don't feel it, though. The romance there is also based on the book. I personally root for Ning Que's pairing with Sang Sang, as I didn't see them as siblings -- but people growing up together, never even bothered to call each other "brother" or "sister" according to the tradition. (For comparison, see the difference in Legend of Awakening where Su Tang does call Lu Ping her "brother").

Lest we forget, despite his appearance, he was still a teen when starring in all those movies and dramas -- I don't think we expected an Adonis level of a love god or something, right? 

I didn't realize he had been shipped with female actresses -- have only seen all those news and fanvids with Ouyang Nana, and a few with Yiren. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, caranita said:

Eheehhehe.... sorry to disagree with you @zhxzhx and @Tashnat15. I think he has great chemistry with most of his female co-stars BOTH on-screen and off-screen. My Best Summer is indeed a teen romance flick, but his scenes with He Landou made my heart flutter. The on-screen chemistry lacked with Cheng Xiao -- but maybe as some others had said here, it could be accounted to her stiff acting.

If you also followed or read the EN1 forum, the majority was in agreement about his & Song Yiren's chemistry. I'm not saying that you're wrong if you don't feel it, though. The romance there is also based on the book. I personally root for Ning Que's pairing with Sang Sang, as I didn't see them as siblings -- but people growing up together, never even bothered to call each other "brother" or "sister" according to the tradition. (For comparison, see the difference in Legend of Awakening where Su Tang does call Lu Ping her "brother").

Lest we forget, despite his appearance, he was still a teen when starring in all those movies and dramas -- I don't think we expected an Adonis level of a love god or something, right? 

I didn't realize he had been shipped with female actresses -- have only seen all those news and fanvids with Ouyang Nana, and a few with Yiren. 

No offense but how did cheng Xiao get that role she was too stiff and cold to me(really meh!) ... For Sang sang and Ning que I still disagree there was no romantic chemistry what so ever imo, the writers forced that r/ship. To me Arthur always treated her like a little sister/ her guardian that's why I was irked later on when they became a 'couple' I was like wth?? That was ridiculous to me... Hopefully with "youth" we get to see and experience some adult romance and chemistry with the love triangle and all. 

With so many Bts of his projects you see the amazing chemistry with his castmates. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, angelangie said:

@tothestars past you the ownership of this thread alright?

Hmm? Ok angie, tell me what to do :lol:

------

This one is clearer :rolleyes:

Fancam Arthur in Macao Movie Award

http://weibointl.api.weibo.com/share/164073725.html?weibo_id=4534326673550719

Screenshot-20200805-071008-Weibo-Intl.jp

Arthur for Dior

http://weibointl.api.weibo.com/share/164073896.html?weibo_id=4534343118101627

Screenshot-20200805-070944-Weibo-Intl.jp

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Tashnat15 said:

For Sang sang and Ning que I still disagree there was no romantic chemistry what so ever imo, the writers forced that r/ship. To me Arthur always treated her like a little sister/ her guardian that's why I was irked later on when they became a 'couple' I was like wth?? That was ridiculous to me...

I promise I'll only address this matter one more time: Ning Que and Sang Sang is THE OTP of the original novel, and hence the OTP of the drama adaptation. Their pairing and partnership is the core of the whole story. The thing is, the scriptwriter (and the director) added to Ning Que & Mo Shan Shan's relationship, which was not in the novel. Sang Sang has always been the most important person to Ning Que, bar none. And Sang Sang in the novel has more agency, she has the upper hand over NQ. The scriptwriter had wanted to spice up the plot with those changes, but ended up confusing audience (and causing fanwars lol). 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

14 hours ago, caranita said:

I promise I'll only address this matter one more time: Ning Que and Sang Sang is THE OTP of the original novel, and hence the OTP of the drama adaptation. Their pairing and partnership is the core of the whole story. The thing is, the scriptwriter (and the director) added to Ning Que & Mo Shan Shan's relationship, which was not in the novel. Sang Sang has always been the most important person to Ning Que, bar none. And Sang Sang in the novel has more agency, she has the upper hand over NQ. The scriptwriter had wanted to spice up the plot with those changes, but ended up confusing audience (and causing fanwars lol). 

Totally agree with your last statement(confusing the audience) lol... 

3 hours ago, tothestars said:

Arthur with lollypop, he went to CF photoshoot today, not shooting HYX.

My poor baby had bags under his eyes immortality schedule/filming taking a toll on him but still very hot! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tothestars said:

Anyone can explain about this?

I think they're referring to security issues of the filming process :(. 

Despite the previous denouncement of stalkers and papparazzis, leaks are still abundant. (You can still see it all over twitters & IG). As long as there's still demand for those pics, incl fm international netizens, the problem remains existing. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, caranita said:

I think they're referring to security issues of the filming process :(. 

Despite the previous denouncement of stalkers and papparazzis, leaks are still abundant. (You can still see it all over twitters & IG). As long as there's still demand for those pics, incl fm international netizens, the problem remains existing. 

Question, How come there are always leaks/photos etc with Chinese dramas and movies. Can't they have policies that ban fans and paparazzi from doing so like with Hollywood I mean you never get to see anything until it's released officially. Is there a reason why China is so lax in that way. 

I mean don't they have security at the studios responsible for keeping them out, from taking pics while filming or while the actors are on break just chilling between scenes... Just too much. When you get to watch the drama the surprise effect is kinda reduced cause you saw their outfits, scenes that were shot etc and that irks me.

that's why I try to avoid all those pics/Videos on IG/Twitter taken by fans and paps 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tashnat15 said:

Question, How come there are always leaks/photos etc with Chinese dramas and movies. Can't they have policies that ban fans and paparazzi from doing so like with Hollywood I mean you never get to see anything until it's released officially. Is there a reason why China is so lax in that way. 

I mean don't they have security at the studios responsible for keeping them out, from taking pics while filming or while the actors are on break just chilling between scenes... Just too much. When you get to watch the drama the surprise effect is kinda reduced cause you saw their outfits, scenes that were shot etc and that irks me.

that's why I try to avoid all those pics/Videos on IG/Twitter taken by fans and paps 

I think because the shooting location in Heng Dian is a public place and part of tourism attraction in Heng Dian, so... Like when you shoot in public area, it will trigger people around the neighbor to watch. I think they have set area perimeter by m2, but still camera can reach them.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, tothestars said:

Arthur with lollypop, he went to CF photoshoot today, not shooting HYX.

He looks great! And boyish :). Doesn't that remind you to old clips of him with a lollipop too?

Though I agree, he also looks tired with those eyebags. I hope he can get enough rest after HYX is done filming. 

That's a good question a lot of us have been wondering, and I'm not sure if there's one single answer. I personally think the marketing depts (either of the production house, or of the actors' agents) are partially involved in that issue. Fans in China help publicizing the works of their idols (actors/musicians/other celebs). They can mass buy songs, products endorsed by their idol, float the viewing number of dramas or movies. They also often send out gifts or buy food for the whole crew of a drama/movie of their idols, so their idols will be favored by the crew. Such level of dedication mirrors the demand of any information about their idols, pictures, etc. Since they're quite influential, many agencies will try to appease them.

For Immortality, it's also combined with the level of dedication or affinity of the novel fans. Novel fans could be really militant, and they would want that live adaptation of their favorite novel stays true to the novel. I have the impression that the fans of the BL genre are even more hardcore in that regard. I suspect because they know or just take it for granted that the Chinese government is strict against BL content, particularly on mainstream media. They will be curious how much of the novel content will be translated on screen, hence the ongoing demand for BTS. 

Just too much. When you get to watch the drama the surprise effect is kinda reduced cause you saw their outfits, scenes that were shot etc

Same with me. But I know many Arthur fans would love to get more pictures of him, since it was quite difficult before, as Arthur isn't a traffic actor. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

2 hours ago, tothestars said:

I think because the shooting location in Heng Dian is a public place and part of tourism attraction in Heng Dian, so... Like when you shoot in public area, it will trigger people around the neighbor to watch. I think they have set area perimeter by m2, but still camera can reach them.

Again that place is huge I would think they would secure their filming site not to allow paps and fans to capture anything still don't understand smh. For example the paramount studios in US also serve the same purpose like tourists and students, kids get to visit the studio but you don't see any leaks.... It crazy to me

2 hours ago, caranita said:

He looks great! And boyish :). Doesn't that remind you to old clips of him with a lollipop too?

Though I agree, he also looks tired with those eyebags. I hope he can get enough rest after HYX is done filming. 

That's a good question a lot of us have been wondering, and I'm not sure if there's one single answer. I personally think the marketing depts (either of the production house, or of the actors' agents) are partially involved in that issue. Fans in China help publicizing the works of their idols (actors/musicians/other celebs). They can mass buy songs, products endorsed by their idol, float the viewing number of dramas or movies. They also often send out gifts or buy food for the whole crew of a drama/movie of their idols, so their idols will be favored by the crew. Such level of dedication mirrors the demand of any information about their idols, pictures, etc. Since they're quite influential, many agencies will try to appease them.

For Immortality, it's also combined with the level of dedication or affinity of the novel fans. Novel fans could be really militant, and they would want that live adaptation of their favorite novel stays true to the novel. I have the impression that the fans of the BL genre are even more hardcore in that regard. I suspect because they know or just take it for granted that the Chinese government is strict against BL content, particularly on mainstream media. They will be curious how much of the novel content will be translated on screen, hence the ongoing demand for BTS. 

Same with me. But I know many Arthur fans would love to get more pictures of him, since it was quite difficult before, as Arthur isn't a traffic actor. 

Thats one way to see it. Thanks for the explanation, wow things are really different in China huh? Your right we are always curious to see more pics of Arthur arghh, wish he becomes more active on IG like before wonder what happened with that? Did Arthur ever have a Twitter account? 

Another question, why do Chinese actors have studios to do their promotions, post some personal stuffs etc. What I mean is when they are promoting a product or a brand why dont the actors do it themselves on their social media accounts than waiting for studios to do it... For example in Hollywood(sorry keep  comparing lol)  celebrities do it themselves and not management and if a celebrity gets a new project then the media like deadline, variety posts an article about it and then the celebrity does as well on their social media acoount. 

For Chinese celebrities they are so dependent on studio accounts for stuff they can do them selves. For example when we Arthur fans were frustrated with how his studio handled his brand I was like can't he do it himself or his assistants using his account? I mean these guys have millions of followers on personal accounts than the studio accounts it would make sense that way. So why not do it? That baffles me tbh. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Tashnat15 said:

Another question, why do Chinese actors have studios to do their promotions, post some personal stuffs etc. What I mean is when they are promoting a product or a brand why dont the actors do it themselves on their social media accounts than waiting for studios to do it... For example in Hollywood(sorry keep  comparing lol)  celebrities do it themselves and not management and if a celebrity gets a new project then the media like deadline, variety posts an article about it and then the celebrity does as well on their social media acoount. 

For Chinese celebrities they are so dependent on studio accounts for stuff they can do them selves. For example when we Arthur fans were frustrated with how his studio handled his brand I was like can't he do it himself or his assistants using his account? I mean these guys have millions of followers on personal accounts than the studio accounts it would make sense that way. So why not do it? That baffles me tbh. 

Very good question, i also have the same thought...

• Like 1

regarding the leaks, dramapotatoe on twitter gave a better explanation as how the whole thing works. https://curiouscat.qa/dramapotatoe/post/1123144226

And as for the studios, it mainly acts as a PR account. They are managed by the artist's team. So official statements for example have to be posted there. A studio is set up also for the artist to have more freedom when it comes to personal schedules and activities. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

50 minutes ago, zhxzhx said:

regarding the leaks, dramapotatoe on twitter gave a better explanation as how the whole thing works. https://curiouscat.qa/dramapotatoe/post/1123144226

And as for the studios, it mainly acts as a PR account. They are managed by the artist's team. So official statements for example have to be posted there. A studio is set up also for the artist to have more freedom when it comes to personal schedules and activities. 

Insightful. But still we know they are PR accounts but whats so hard for a celebrity to promote a product or a certain brand using their social medial platforms(they have million of followers compared to their PR accounts hence more publicity) . It's super easy and also lots of fans would get to see and purchase a product. I mean the same PR accounts get to even post pics of celebs at an event, campaign, award ceremony etc..smh. Their management can send them approved images or whatever for them to post. Is it laziness? I just don't get it sorry. 

• Like 1