[Drama 2018-2019] Gangnam Scandal, 강남 스캔들

0ly40

@dramaninja  SJ teasing SY and the last scene made SH suspicious of his intention. SJ knows that they like each other, yes they are not dating but they had the idea of getting married regardless of SH not asking SY but she thought about it. SJ going around missing with SY is him trying to get closer to her without knowing or acknowledging his feeling. SH is getting ahead of himself acting like a jealous boyfriend and SJ stepping over his friend crush and showing interest and some jealousy is wrong. SH unrequited feeling is SY fault if she doesn't think of him as a boyfriend and just as a brother, she should tell him clearly. " Yo I don't like you, your just a friend so move on". then she should sing the friendzone song.

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For SJ to get a promotion over job never done it must be a great thing, he did a lot of reading magazines, having lunch, teasing his assistant creating a mess in his office and anything but actual work. His father chasing after Mi-Ri instead of teaching his son and letting Ms. Hong do whatever she wants, what a great father and boss!

For Ms. Hong to use a lot of her energy and her minions' degrees to chase one little girl it shows how her priorities are mixed up. Hey, Ms. Hong did you hire these idiots to steal a company or to ruin a one girl life? Minions did you go to college and got your degree for nothing?. Did your parent raise you for nothing?

IvLIt6B.gif

I like how So-YU talks back and never back down and I wish if she could be freer, Ms. Hong is stupid she wants So-Yu to kneel down to whom exactly if she doesn't even know who is after her?. If she told her I'm against you marrying my son it is not like she will go runing to him telling him that your mother is against us!. She keeps telling her she doesn't want to marry her son but the mother is wasting her time and money.

iZp1tVa.gif

Now I understand where is SH coming from, his insecurity is because of his inferiority complex and the reason for that is his mother when she made him became friends with SJ and she made him suffer. Why will she steal a company and give it to her son it is as if she is saying her son is incompetent to make a name for himself.

ES9sGBn.png

Hi friends!

I recently started to binge this drama as soon as my break began- I've been meaning to do so so let's discuss!

At this point, I feel bad for Se-Hyun (SH) because his mom is extremely evil and has multiple faces to different people. He's been manipulated almost his entire life and it is no wonder that he doesn't really have a mind of his own, or pursue his own things. Let alone that, he's always being tracked by his mom's secretary too so that's another thing.

Seojun really has a mind of his own though, but everything he's really gotten so far has been from his father and the help of SH. I kind of wonder if he likes Soyu because it's the first time he's had to fight for something. Deep down inside, I'm in an internal battle of shipping So-yu with SJ or SH -- but I also often forget that SJ will be diagnosed with some kind of illness in the near future (maybe another 40 episodes, huh.)

This drama's definitely got a lot of clichés but it still keeps me excited after every turn! I deeply understand that SY will choose SJ in the end and care for him, but I feel so bad for SH and the whole "I'm going to keep my distance (knowing that I can't)" from SJ going on right now. Eep. Can't wait for another episode tomorrow!

1 hour ago, xprosperity said:

Hi friends!

I recently started to binge this drama as soon as my break began- I've been meaning to do so so let's discuss!

At this point, I feel bad for Se-Hyun (SH) because his mom is extremely evil and has multiple faces to different people. He's been manipulated almost his entire life and it is no wonder that he doesn't really have a mind of his own, or pursue his own things. Let alone that, he's always being tracked by his mom's secretary too so that's another thing.

Seojun really has a mind of his own though, but everything he's really gotten so far has been from his father and the help of SH. I kind of wonder if he likes Soyu because it's the first time he's had to fight for something. Deep down inside, I'm in an internal battle of shipping So-yu with SJ or SH -- but I also often forget that SJ will be diagnosed with some kind of illness in the near future (maybe another 40 episodes, huh.)

This drama's definitely got a lot of clichés but it still keeps me excited after every turn! I deeply understand that SY will choose SJ in the end and care for him, but I feel so bad for SH and the whole "I'm going to keep my distance (knowing that I can't)" from SJ going on right now. Eep. Can't wait for another episode tomorrow!

I cant like SH especially after today episode he punch SJ and was angry he lent SY money which is none of his business  he was pretty creepy and forceful with SY as well.

9 hours ago, dramaninja said:

I cant like SH especially after today episode he punch SJ and was angry he lent SY money which is none of his business  he was pretty creepy and forceful with SY as well.

I totally agree with you there. SH is the one who told SJ to call him when SY has any troubles, and then he goes and turns off his phone when SJ obliges... RUDE. That was a total major turn for me as well when I saw that during the episode; I was mad at SH and thought he had no right to punch SJ after he did what was right.

He was drunk, but I'm not going to give him that benefit of the doubt and the excuse to be forceful to the supposed-woman-that-he-wants-to-marry SY. SH was TOTALLY creepy at that point on the street and kept grabbing SY even as she kept saying let me go. Uhhhhhhhh- NOPE.

I didn't even mention So-dam yet, but as many have said... So damn idiotic. I feel like Tae-woong (TW) likes SD and I'm pretty sure she senses it too. TW self-inviting himself to watch her dance, give her pointers... I don't disagree to male-female friendship but I don't think TW and SD will settle for that... That little sister is definitely going to cause trouble, as she sort of already has in some way...

I'm very disappointed at SH is he a teenager to do that?. Or a bad person to ask that of her just to assure himself?. What next if I can't have you no one will.

Spoiler

Ms. Hong is the one who pushed the course of the event to this point, so why is she angry?. It is her doing so deal with it. Ms. Choi trusting her and saying that she is loyal is stupid, you don't even trust your own family.

Did the minion lie and said a Motel instead of a Hotel I know not a big difference but motel makes it sound cheap relationship, the minion looked more of jealousy than someone who just follows orders maybe that's why she said motel!

ANdQggU.gif

tZJyhSk.gif

The little girl is the worst I don't like to hate children but come on enough is enough, the second daughter can't have a break, a horrible father,  a terrible husband, a leech for sister-in-law and now a cunning stepdaughter.

What a mess... SJ ignoring SY because of SH, SY ignoring SH because of his actions (justified...) I hope SJ just kind of confessed his feelings to SY (as if they weren't clear enough). 

Does anyone else think that TW isn't cheating on his wife? I mean, he may feel bad for SD but I don't think SD feels the same way?

I'm actually glad that the episode focused on SJ - SY - SH's relationship... The fact that SY thinks that it's uncomfortable that SJ is acting this way means something though. 

5 hours ago, dramaninja said:

SY was worry about SJ ignoring  her which is fact a big deal she dd not like it and was worry.

In fact when she was talking  SH thats all she could talk about.

I totally saw that too. SJ made them sit down and have coffee to talk. It ended up with SY speaking about SJ to SH and ranting to him about how uncomfortable she was with his behavior. I saw that as a game changer between SY and SJ honestly. I hope they get closer! Meh, SH can move out of the picture... :unamused:

But I wonder who is the father of So Dam's baby? is this SH? because  he mother, ms hong took care of the case herself. SO The guy slept with the sister and wants to marry the older sister? Maybe he was drunk and thought it was So yu.

Otherwise  on SJ at the beginning he is immature enough, he does not matter what, and has a lot of fun, but curiously by helping So Yu it allows him to grow and see the sense of responsibility, he is fell in love with her, I know he tried to stay away from her but it's too hard for him, he does not want to see her suffer.

I think SJ 's sister is arrongant and nasty is pretty well aware that her husband is attracted to So Dam, it is often said that a woman is when her husband escapes her, finally only her husband knows these little schemes for him to leave, the baby surely with him to give it to So Dam.

a lot of chemistry between the two main lead, and even between the second lead male and the lead female, I love this drama.
for once in such a drama the two main lead have a lot of screen time alone as well as together:love:

And Ms. Hong's work meetings on So Yu, so ridiculous and funny:joy:

INCURABLE DISEASE , so soon the lead male will know his illness, I do not want him to die, it seems inevitable, and it seems that the second part of this drama we will cry a lot:fearful:

Episode 30 wasn't that much the same things Hongs getting ahead of themselves, the Chois getting jealous or ignore others, Mi-Ri is a better writer than an actress telling the Eun father and his mistress about rumors with no ground but her imagination and for the mistress thinking they are not better than me is stupid of her to run the Eun mother with baseless rumors to satisfy her anger. She has that stupid look I got something.

5H7dLX3.png

18 hours ago, marrez1 said:

But I wonder who is the father of So Dam's baby? is this SH? because  he mother, ms hong took care of the case herself. SO The guy slept with the sister and wants to marry the older sister? Maybe he was drunk and thought it was So yu.

She was just a surrogate and for SH to be the father it would be only in one case his mother stole his :vicx:

LTytoDK.gif

19 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Bahahaha SJ threw an egg at the women in SY house then he carry her out of the house and close the door :joy:

Dude has become their guardian angel :innocent:

I laughed so hard when the orange hit the woman's head and she was so confused for a good 5 seconds! It seems that SY has grew a kind of reliance on SJ and I love it!

On 1/6/2019 at 6:11 AM, marrez1 said:

I think So-dam was just a surrogate for Seojun's sister, so I don't think SH was involved in any of this or neither was he briefed on what happened. I personally think that Team Leader Hong (SH's mom) planned everything in order for her son to retain power in the company.

I actually don't know what to expect next... It seems that because Ji-yoon's dad bought a lot of the LX's stocks, SJ's dad wants to hurriedly get those two youngsters together.

However, SJ is growing very fond of SY (running out in his pajamas in the cold to find her mom at his sister's house... etc) but he's still not admitting to his true feelings... Which he should hurry up and say "darn, I really like SY."

Hong Team Leader is scaring me. I know that she wants to retain SH's power within the company but will marrying SJ and SY together work? Either way, I really like the matchmaking thing here because she's putting my ship together... :joy:

In episode 31 when the mistress came in throwing a fit I was wondering who is she to say what she said?. You have nothing to do with the any of the parties involved, your not So-Dam mother or Mo mother or even know him

tAQckaq.gif

But the sound that her head made was music to my ears. 

The Choi father knows how to show affection only to his son if he only gave his daughter SK third of that she would be happy.

QA1UoEn.gif

I really enjoy how much Ms. Hong always gets ahead of herself and then she gets hit by reality. If she focused on stealing the company as much she focused on being a matchmaker she would have succeeded long time ago. She knows JY is interested SJ and for her to be angry about the father plan to have her as her daughter-in-law is stupid, JY didn't ask her father to buy those share if it wasn't to get closer to SJ. If she put half the effort and the time she spends on matching SJ and SY to match SH and JY it would be time spent well. She and her minion working so hard on matchmaking instead of company work, wast of college degree and money and time. Just start a matchmaking company it is much better.

Spoiler

Waf5ZVF.gif

1 hour ago, cp23 said:

@howaSD and SY are singers in real life. SD is part of a group. This drama has some funny moments, 

Ms Hong is setting up her son for failure, while bringing SY and SJ closer together.

Ooh! I didn't know that! I only previously saw SY's actress play in The Last Empress, which was a total flip from her character in this drama.

I agree that Ms. Hong is setting her son up for failure. I don't think SH really knows much about his mother's plans which kind of scares me that they live under the same roof but don't know much about each other. Everything that Ms. Hong is doing: obstacles or whatever is making the two get closer because SY's grew a kind of reliance on SJ (despite them trying to keep their relationships distant.) It's a cute development, honestly. I really didn't like how Mi-ri told the "stepmother" everything at the store when she didn't even know half the story about SD though. It led to so many misunderstandings between so many different people...

Archived