[Drama 2019] Love in Sadness, 슬플 때 사랑한다

0ly40

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, zenya22 said:

There is also a difference in their speech. Even if I don't speak the language I could tell, the 2nd Ma Ri does not seem to ennunciate her words well, it sounds as if she has a lisp or something.

Anyway, RSY is still bowling me over with his In Wook character. Every time he appears he makes my skin crawl. I can't take my eyes off him even when I am so nervous about what he intends to do. He still not aware that Jung Won is a plastic surgeon? IW's concentration was on the wife and too busy investigating about Woo Ha Kyung, he has not turned his attention yet to Jung Won. He has found the painting of Mari and sooner or later he will know that it was the friend of Ma Ri who sent it to Ha Kyung's gallery, it won't be long until he realizes that Jung Won is a plastic surgeon. I am waiting yet am afraid to see his reaction when he realizes that Mari changed her face. 

And Hae Ra, I don't know which one is worse IW or Hae Ra. Jung Won is just too nice, Mother Theresa nice. He has to set boundaries with Hae Ra. Take the keys away. Once a sibling is married and get their own house, their privacy is respected. She is considered family but even then she can't just pop in anytime she wants as if she owns the house. No wonder Ha Kyung was unhappy. And HR has the nerve to talk badly about Ha Kyung, when JW just lost her and he is hurting. He does not show it but you know he has regrets and he hurts. HR has no right to be confronting JW, she is not the wife, the girlfriend or anything. Whatever happened between Ha Kyung and JW is none of her business. But then she probably caused it thinking that JW will turn to her. Now she is trying to convince Ma Ri to come back to the gallery as the wife of JW and meet IW. However, would not Ma Ri be smart enough to question that suggestion knowing that JW's close associates and relatives who knew HK died would question who she was? I hope she talks to JW first. HR is evil. She was the one who was talking about her research on love obsessed men and calls KIW the king of cobras, yet she wants to sacrifice Ma Ri to the cobra. Ahhhhhhh, IW what are you going to do next Saturday?

I haven't watched the latest episodes yet, but I think the two "friends" around Jung-Won are both quite toxic to him. Hae-Ra and that douchey plastic surgeon (whose name I forgot) are always purposely digging into Jung-Won's wounds under the guise of "it's for his own good" and "I'm just trying to help out". For example, the insecure surgeon friend would constantly make snide remarks about how Jung-Won has no one to go home to anyway, or how he pointed out Hae-Ra's feelings for Jung-Won when Ha-Kyung barely passed away not long ago. He claims to hurt for the loss of Ha-Kyung, but he's all up in the relationship between Jung-Won and Hae-Ra. It's like, dude, the man's wife just died after lying in a coma for five years, please allow him some private time to grieve. Stop acting so crass pretending to be considerate because his intentions are clearly to hurt Jung-Won due to his own jealousies and insecurities and whatever problems he has with Jung-Won.

And then there's Hae-Ra, whom puts words into Jung-Won's mouth and makes decisions for him that he doesn't consent to nor knows about. Hae-Ra was telling Ma-Ri all sorts of stuff trying to justify Jung-Won's actions -- the man can speak for himself, and he doesn't need her meddling in all his everyday affairs. I know she cares for him and is worried for him, but how much of her concern about Ma-Ri is from what Jung-Won has done than of what Jung-Won might feel for Ma-Ri whom has the same face as Ha-Kyung. She has a new rival now, whether she admits it or not, and she's soooo trying to nip it in the bud by trying to get rid of Ma-Ri. Poor Jung-Won, him and his mom seem like such good people too. 

1 hour ago, MidnightRain said:

I haven't watched the latest episodes yet, but I think the two "friends" around Jung-Won are both quite toxic to him. Hae-Ra and that douchey plastic surgeon (whose name I forgot) are always purposely digging into Jung-Won's wounds under the guise of "it's for his own good" and "I'm just trying to help out". For example, the insecure surgeon friend would constantly make snide remarks about how Jung-Won has no one to go home to anyway, or how he pointed out Hae-Ra's feelings for Jung-Won when Ha-Kyung barely passed away not long ago. He claims to hurt for the loss of Ha-Kyung, but he's all up in the relationship between Jung-Won and Hae-Ra. It's like, dude, the man's wife just died after lying in a coma for five years, please allow him some private time to grieve. Stop acting so crass pretending to be considerate because his intentions are clearly to hurt Jung-Won due to his own jealousies and insecurities and whatever problems he has with Jung-Won.

And then there's Hae-Ra, whom puts words into Jung-Won's mouth and makes decisions for him that he doesn't consent to nor knows about. Hae-Ra was telling Ma-Ri all sorts of stuff trying to justify Jung-Won's actions -- the man can speak for himself, and he doesn't need her meddling in all his everyday affairs. I know she cares for him and is worried for him, but how much of her concern about Ma-Ri is from what Jung-Won has done than of what Jung-Won might feel for Ma-Ri whom has the same face as Ha-Kyung. She has a new rival now, whether she admits it or not, and she's soooo trying to nip it in the bud by trying to get rid of Ma-Ri. Poor Jung-Won, him and his mom seem like such good people too. 

I see her threatening Ma-Ri if she doesn't move away from JW. Do we have a new villain?

Every time I think I can stop and breathe, there are new twists and turns. So far, this show feels more like a thriller than a romance. I don't mind though, since I find the chase much more interesting than the budding romance between Jung-Won and Ma-Ri. I find myself either zoning out or getting distracted whenever Park Han-Byul appears onscreen, the difference between how the two actresses portrayed Ma-Ri is too jarring for me to believe that they're supposed to be playing the same character. And I find myself really missing Park Ha-Na because she had sparks with Ryu Soo-Young; I kinda wish that they went the route a la Temptation of Wives where they put a mole on the actress and have everyone pretend that she looks completely different and unrecognizable. :lol:

Hae-Ra really annoyed me this week because she went way overboard, I hate how she tried to use Ha-Kyung's infidelity as a trump card to forcibly end things between Jung-Won and Ma-Ri. And how angry she got when she realized that Jung-Won knew about it all along, yet still loved Ha-Kyung despite everything. She is questioning Jung-Won's feelings towards Ma-Ri and urging him to leave her alone. All of this is not okay because she acts like she has some sort of right with Jung-Won simply for being in love with him for however long. But in reality, she has no right to decide how he should act or feel -- with both Ha-Kyung or even Ma-Ri. What's even more pathetic is now she's going to use In-Wook to get rid of Ma-Ri, so that she can play innocent with Jung-Won and not get her hands dirty. I don't know what's going to happen with her plans, but I can tell that it's somehow going to burn her anyway because In-Wook is not someone that's easily manipulated. The man has sharp instincts and is very intelligent, he had already deduced that Hae-Ra and Ha-Kyung's relationship are like frenemies at their second meeting. 

Speaking of In-Wook, honestly Ryu Soo Young is the reason why I'm so obsessed with this show. He's completely nailed the character and I find myself just pulled in by his performance. It seems like there's trouble brewing at home since his dad is not naming him as the successor but going to have him compete with his brother who's still in high school. His brother seems pretty timid and gentle, and has a good relationship with Ma-Ri, so I'm interested to see where that story line goes. Will he be an ally to Ma-Ri, or just another plot device to show how cut throat and cruel In-Wook can be. 

2 hours ago, MidnightRain said:

Every time I think I can stop and breathe, there are new twists and turns. So far, this show feels more like a thriller than a romance. I don't mind though, since I find the chase much more interesting than the budding romance between Jung-Won and Ma-Ri. I find myself either zoning out or getting distracted whenever Park Han-Byul appears onscreen, the difference between how the two actresses portrayed Ma-Ri is too jarring for me to believe that they're supposed to be playing the same character. And I find myself really missing Park Ha-Na because she had sparks with Ryu Soo-Young; I kinda wish that they went the route a la Temptation of Wives where they put a mole on the actress and have everyone pretend that she looks completely different and unrecognizable. :lol:

Hae-Ra really annoyed me this week because she went way overboard, I hate how she tried to use Ha-Kyung's infidelity as a trump card to forcibly end things between Jung-Won and Ma-Ri. And how angry she got when she realized that Jung-Won knew about it all along, yet still loved Ha-Kyung despite everything. She is questioning Jung-Won's feelings towards Ma-Ri and urging him to leave her alone. All of this is not okay because she acts like she has some sort of right with Jung-Won simply for being in love with him for however long. But in reality, she has no right to decide how he should act or feel -- with both Ha-Kyung or even Ma-Ri. What's even more pathetic is now she's going to use In-Wook to get rid of Ma-Ri, so that she can play innocent with Jung-Won and not get her hands dirty. I don't know what's going to happen with her plans, but I can tell that it's somehow going to burn her anyway because In-Wook is not someone that's easily manipulated. The man has sharp instincts and is very intelligent, he had already deduced that Hae-Ra and Ha-Kyung's relationship are like frenemies at their second meeting. 

Speaking of In-Wook, honestly Ryu Soo Young is the reason why I'm so obsessed with this show. He's completely nailed the character and I find myself just pulled in by his performance. It seems like there's trouble brewing at home since his dad is not naming him as the successor but going to have him compete with his brother who's still in high school. His brother seems pretty timid and gentle, and has a good relationship with Ma-Ri, so I'm interested to see where that story line goes. Will he be an ally to Ma-Ri, or just another plot device to show how cut throat and cruel In-Wook can be

Interesting questions. I was shocked when IW broke into JW's house. Every scene in this drama makes me stop breathing. The magazine scene was one. Poor, HR! I think HR will become an ally of IW. Honestly, I don't like the performance of Han-byul. I know she's struggling on this role, but it's a shame to see Park Ha-Na leave the scene. And I still find the relationship between JW and MR bizarre considering her face.

13 hours ago, MidnightRain said:

Hae-Ra really annoyed me this week because she went way overboard, I hate how she tried to use Ha-Kyung's infidelity as a trump card to forcibly end things between Jung-Won and Ma-Ri. And how angry she got when she realized that Jung-Won knew about it all along, yet still loved Ha-Kyung despite everything. She is questioning Jung-Won's feelings towards Ma-Ri and urging him to leave her alone. All of this is not okay because she acts like she has some sort of right with Jung-Won simply for being in love with him for however long. But in reality, she has no right to decide how he should act or feel -- with both Ha-Kyung or even Ma-Ri. What's even more pathetic is now she's going to use In-Wook to get rid of Ma-Ri, so that she can play innocent with Jung-Won and not get her hands dirty.I don't know what's going to happen with her plans, but I can tell that it's somehow going to burn her anyway because In-Wook is not someone that's easily manipulated. The man has sharp instincts and is very intelligent, he had already deduced that Hae-Ra and Ha-Kyung's relationship are like frenemies at their second meeting. 

Speaking of In-Wook, honestly Ryu Soo Young is the reason why I'm so obsessed with this show. He's completely nailed the character and I find myself just pulled in by his performance. It seems like there's trouble brewing at home since his dad is not naming him as the successor but going to have him compete with his brother who's still in high school. His brother seems pretty timid and gentle, and has a good relationship with Ma-Ri, so I'm interested to see where that story line goes. Will he be an ally to Ma-Ri, or just another plot device to show how cut throat and cruel In-Wook can be. 

LOL at the Temptation of Wives.... that was a good drama though but a mole is not going to fool Kang In Wook when complete facial reconstruction won't work with him. Obsessed man is relentless. Park Ha Na and Ryu Soo Young definitely had sparks and Park Ha Na was also in character with Ma Ri. 

As for Hae Ra, you are right, IW had her pegged on that meeting. I just thought of the scene, which gave me the shivers. Kang In Wook sat down with Hae Ra who asked if IW wanted to see any of the paintings. KIW said, not the paintings but he was specifically looking for someone, then he looked at the pot of blue flowers in front of him, carressed the petals with his thumb, fore and middle fingers then looked at HR and said "I am going to find her" then pinched the petals as he was looking at HR. He then proceeded to pick HR apart, she almost peed in her pants. I agree that if HR thought she can use IW to rid of Ma Ri so that she will look innocent in the eyes of JW, she is mistaken. And as you and @bebebisous33mentioned, IW will not tolerate anyone touching or hurting his prized possesion only he can do that. HR will rue the day she ever thought of trying to use IW. I remember the breakfast scene when tyrannical dad was about the hit the younger brother and Ma Ri got infront of the brother to shield him and batty dad raised his arm to hit Ma Ri and IW held back his father's wrist and told him to let it go and the father relented. IW would have let his dad hit the younger brother but not Ma Ri, especially not his father. It is also wierd that the dad got rid of all the pictures and history of his first wife, IW's mom. Maybe because he did not want any further probing of his wife's death or maybe because Ma Ri looks like IW's mom or both?

Speaking of trouble at home, yes, I think that the chairman is testing and wanting to see how far his son will go to get what he wants. When they were hunting, dad said to IW that he was like him that IW shows his leadership by domination and putting people in their right places especially the wife whose place is at home wearing Han Bok or whatever the master decides and serving the master hand and foot. That means that if he can't control his wife then his control of the company is questionable. I think that is another reason for IW's drive to find his wife. He is obsessed with power and obsessed with his wife. The younger brother may help Ma Ri but the stepmother is something else. Before Ma Ri ran away, she and Ma Ri visited the church.Ma Ri questioned her MIL about why she tolerated being married to the chairman and she stated that basically she liked the perks that the relationship with the chairman provided and then told Ma Ri to leave if she did not want to stay. I don't think she said that to be compassionate but because she knew that if Ma Ri left, IW will be in trouble and that is exactly what happened. I even think, it was her who provided the money for Ma Ri to be able to buy her clothes to escape. Stepmother did not exactly call for bodyguards or the driver to stop Ma Ri. Step mom wants her son to be heir?

Now moving on to JW and Ma Ri. In the original, the relationship that was explored and emphasized from the start of the show was the loving relationship of the plastic surgeon with his family, his wife and daughter. So, when the wife died and the relationship moved on to the new woman with the face of the wife, it did not seem so bizarre or abrupt. Yes, there was also the thrill of the chase of the wife by the crazy, obsessed detective husband. Here, the relationship that dominated the first episodes and dictated the course of the drama is In Wook and Ma Ri. The only time we saw the JW and HK were at the fated dinner where HK just upped and left a pondering JW to meet up with her lover and had a car accident when struck by the white truck of doom. The next time we seeJW and HK who is in a coma and being cared for at some facility,was JW reading Wuthering Heights at her bedside. From my POV, I think that the drama needs to show even in an episode, some back story of JW and HK when they were in love and happy and when their relationship started to fizzle and how. I want to see more emotion from JW because he must feel immensely betrayed by his friends and yet blames himself for not protecting Ha Kyung. I suspect that he knows HR had something to do with HK's change of heart. That way it becomes more understandable why he opted to do what he did, why he is determined to protect the one woman who now needs protection whatever it takes as he has not done so with his dead wife, he thinks.  

Ma Ri and Jung Won need to help each other because it seems no one else in Jung Won's circle seem to care. They will have to find ways to heal each other. Ma Ri can't go to a social worker or a therapist for fear of being found out and Jung Won has his own secrets, his dead wife. But Ma Ri learning to be Ha Kyung may help. By pretending to be Ha Kyung, study and memorize the life history as IW did, read articles about her, her pictures, her videos and copy her demeanor, her way of dressing, her make up, hairstyle everything. It is just like learning to do anything. Do it repeatedly and her body will soon be doing it  automatically, just brainwash herself to be Ha Kyung. That way she can be more believable as Ha Kyung whenever she meets up with IW. Maybe it will even be therapeutic for her as it may boost her self confidence and determination. In the meantime it may also help Jung Won get over his guilt. Helping Ma Ri to become Ha Kyung may lead him to see and appreciate Ma Ri for who she is as he finds out about what makes her tick and vice versa.

12 hours ago, MidnightRain said:

Sorry to cut your post chingu but adding one more note to the plastic surgeon friend (not sure if this has been discussed yet) he’s the one who HI was cheating on with right??

1 hour ago, zenya22 said:

LOL at the Temptation of Wives.... that was a good drama though but a mole is not going to fool Kang In Wook when complete facial reconstruction won't work with him. Obsessed man is relentless. Park Ha Na and Ryu Soo Young definitely had sparks and Park Ha Na was also in character with Ma Ri. 

As for Hae Ra, you are right, IW had her pegged on that meeting. I just thought of the scene, which gave me the shivers. Kang In Wook sat down with Hae Ra who asked if IW wanted to see any of the paintings. KIW said, not the paintings but he was specifically looking for someone, then he looked at the pot of blue flowers in front of him, carressed the petals with his thumb, fore and middle fingers then looked at HR and said "I am going to find her" then pinched the petals as he was looking at HR. He then proceeded to pick HR apart, she almost peed on her pants. I agree that if HR thought she can use IW to rid of Ma Ri so that she will look innocent in the eyes of JW, she is mistaken. And as you and @bebebisous33mentioned, IW will not tolerate anyone touching or hurting his prized possesion only he can do that. HR will rue the day she ever thought of trying to use IW. I remember the breakfast scene when tyrannical dad was about the hit the younger brother and Ma Ri got infront of the brother to shield him and batty dad raised his arm to hit Ma Ri and IW held back his father's wrist and told him to let it go and the father relented. IW would have let his dad hit the younger brother but not Ma Ri, especially not his father. It is also wierd that the dad got rid of all the pictures and history of his first wife, IW's mom. Maybe because he did not want any further probing of his wife's death or maybe because Ma Ri looks like IW's mom or both?

Speaking of trouble at home, yes, I think that the chairman is testing and wanting to see how far his son will go to get what he wants. When they were hunting, dad said to IW that he was like him that IW shows his leadership by domination and putting people at their place especially the wife whose place is at home wearing Han Bok or whatever the master decides and serving the master hand and foot. That means that if he can't control his wife then his control of the company is questionable. I think that is another reason for IW's drive to find his wife. He is obsessed with power and obsessed with his wife. The younger brother may help Ma Ri but the stepmother is something else. Before Ma Ri ran away, she and Ma Ri visited the church. Ma Ri questioned her MIL about why she tolerated being married to the chairman and she stated that basically she liked the perps that the relationship with the chairman provided and then told Ma Ri to leave if she did not want to stay. I don't think she said that to be compassionate but because she knew that if Ma Ri left, IW will be in trouble and that is exactly what happened. I even think, it was her who provided the money for Ma Ri to be able to buy her clothes to escape. Stepmother did not exactly call for bodyguards or the driver to stop Ma Ri. Step mom wants her son to be heir?

I agree with that!

In the end, everyone has an interest behind. While the family is articulating itself to strip it of power. I don't know how brother will be useful driving the company, he is still very young.

And the stepmother faces the IW, did you see the exchange of glances between them at the table? She doesn't seem intimidated by him!

2 minutes ago, juli® said:

And the stepmother faces the IW, did you see the exchange of glances between them at the table? She doesn't seem intimidated by him!

Honestly, I have real issue to tag you due to the last sign in your user name. I am behind with the episodes from this week but I have to agree on this with you and @zenya22. I definitely preferred the other actress for YMR. 

19 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Honestly, I have real issue to tag you due to the last sign in your user name. I am behind with the episodes from this week but I have to agree on this with you and @zenya22. I definitely preferred the other actress for YMR. 

Sorry, I'll try to fix this. If the forum accepts my new nickname... :confused:

I'll try but but I couldn't. :cry:

I saw the eps in Viki but they are only available for 24 hours. And now they're already closed. 

1 hour ago, philosophie said:

Sorry to cut your post chingu but adding one more note to the plastic surgeon friend (not sure if this has been discussed yet) he’s the one who HI was cheating on with right??

The show hasn't specified the identity of the cheater, but some users were speculating that it is him in earlier pages. 

48 minutes ago, juli® said:

I agree with that!

In the end, everyone has an interest behind. While the family is articulating itself to strip it of power. I don't know how brother will be useful driving the company, he is still very young.

I don't think the brother stands a chance against In-Wook, whom has already established himself and seems much more ambitious for the position. 

Yeah, the stepmother and In-Wook definitely have an antagonistic relationship. They were also exchanging barbed comments with each other at the breakfast table when the chairman was lecturing about Ma-Ri's inability to get pregnant. She seems sly and definitely angling for her son to become successor, but I don't know if she is cunning enough against In-Wook. 

42 minutes ago, MidnightRain said:

Yeah, the stepmother and In-Wook definitely have an antagonistic relationship. They were also exchanging barbed comments with each other at the breakfast table when the chairman was lecturing about Ma-Ri's inability to get pregnant. She seems sly and definitely angling for her son to become successor, but I don't know if she is cunning enough against In-Wook. 

Naahhhh, she is not cunning or sleek enough. In Wook probably already knows that she was the last person whom Ma Ri was with before she ran away and that is a betrayal that In Wook will not forget nor forgive.

Anyhow, I was re-watching the first four episodes because I can't get enough of RSY and PHN and I must say that if Ma Ri wants to fool IW she must change her perfume, her soap and even shampoo. I noticed that In Wook loved to smell and caress Ma Ri's neck that he is probably attuned to her smell with or without perfume when they are near each other. So, Ma Ri got to change that if she is to meet IW at the gallery, man is a bloodhound :lol:

1 hour ago, MidnightRain said:

The show hasn't specified the identity of the cheater, but some users were speculating that it is him in earlier pages. 

I don't think the brother stands a chance against In-Wook, whom has already established himself and seems much more ambitious for the position

Yep, I think this to. The brother seems to have no chance of facing the IW, and given the influence that the mother seems to have on him, I do not think he will help MR.

These eps are being difficult for me because I do not buy the JW and MR couple, they are very boring. What each ep is worth is the IW and the HR.

38 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

Naahhhh, she is not cunning or sleek enough. In Wook probably already knows that she was the last person whom Ma Ri was with before she ran away and that is a betrayal that In Wook will not forget nor forgive.

Anyhow, I was re-watching the first four episodes because I can't get enough of RSY and PHN and I must say that if Ma Ri wants to fool IW she must change her perfume, her soap and even shampoo. I noticed that In Wook loved to smell and caress Ma Ri's neck that he is probably attuned to her smell with or without perfume when they are near each other. So, Ma Ri got to change that if she is to meet IW at the gallery, man is a bloodhound :lol:

Well, 5 years of marriage is not 5 days... :pensive:Okay, but how will she change the smell of her own skin?

That's why it's so hard for me to see MR and JW together, I think PHN and RSY combine too much, they're great together and have a incredible chemistry. That's why I would love it if IW regenerated, because ...

Hey, does anyone know why he asked MR if she could not live the way he wanted for his sake and for a little while? Why "for a little while?" I did not understand.

Said it before but not a fan of the lead actor - his look, the way he talks and his mannerisms are just so effeminate and soft. It's making him come across as one of the least threatening characters I've come across in kdrama land. When he was trying to stop the bad guy lead from doing whatever he wanted in his house (when he tried raising his voice I admit I laughed - could not take it seriously) I was worried for him as it looked like he could eat the main lead alive. I guess it's off putting for me because at the start of the show anyway, she's going to have to rely on him a lot but he genuinely seems like no match for the other guy. Not sure if they purposefully chose such an actor.

Feel like Ma-Ri will be the one that will end up protecting him at this rate after she gets used to the new face. Both the male and female lead are just so weak currently whereas the bad guy is all over it.

Feels a bit like Item where there is just such an imbalance between the good and the bad guys but at least in Item the lead good guys have some toughness about them (I know this will come for Ma-Ri as it'll be part of her development but the main lead I have no idea what to think of) so there's the illusion of light at the end of the tunnel. IN this both mains currently come across as weak.

Edit: Also, even though I don't think it suits this drama the Latin sounding OST is needed 0 sounds like a jan

@zenya22 @MidnightRain @JuliR

I have just finished watching the two episodes and I still like the way the story is evolving. For me, SJW is not obsessed with his wife because he is not confusing YMR with WHK. Like I had mentioned it before, SJW actually fell for YMR, when he met her for the first time. Back then, he already wanted to help her. The fact that YMR has the same face than SJW's wife should be seen as a mirror to KIW's relationship with YMR. The contrast is so telling.

1. KIW was attracted by YMR because she resembled his mother, while it was not the same between YMR and SJW. He tried to protect her even before the surgery.
  2. Striking is that YMR was the one who asked him to give her the face of someone SJW liked which he did. So far, YMR is not bothered by this idea at all. Actually, she views it as a gift, while she saw her own face as a curse. The words contrast so much: KIW = curse /SJW: a gift. 
  3. The third difference is that YMR only discovered much later that she had his mother's face, while YMR discovered quite quickly that she had now WHK's face.
  4. Another distinction is how SJW and KIW acts because of the resemblance. SJW wants YMR to find her freedom and peace so that she can blossom, whereas the violent husband wants her to put her in a cage.

To me, the real obsessed one with WHK is actually YHR. During her confrontation with her "friend", she showed her true colors. She showed no empathy for her supposed "best friend" WHK... she wished that SJW would have abandoned his wife. Secondly, she despises love "that darn love!". She knew all along about the affair but she decided to remain silence as she thought that SJW would be hurt. She got enraged, when she saw with her own eyes that SJW knew all along and yet he had been taking care of WHK as a devoted husband. This made HR realize that she had no real chance with SJW. Now, she believes that SJW is falling for YMR because of her face and this is where she is definitely wrong. First, SJW uses YMR to feel better... he felt guilty towards his wife because if he had stopped her back then, she wouldn't have been involved in that accident. By giving all the support YMR needs he has the impression that he is redeeming himself. I am sure, he blames himself for the affair, rather than blaming WHK. She ran away because he was somehow lacking in his mind. However, I doubt that he knows about the identity of the lover. IT is definitely his best friend... because once he knows the whole truth, he will stop blaming himself.

Another interesting metaphor in this drama is the cobra. image.jpeg?w=660

The cobra embodies WIK perfectly as this underlines his dangerousness. He is deadly. Moreover, this explains why WIK said last week that he preferred moving targets. On the other hand we have our doctor and YMR symbolized by flowers. And what is YHR's symbol?

First, I had the spider in my mind but I changed my mind. YHR reminds me of a praying/preying mantis. A mantis is an animal which remains immobile for a while until the insect is sure to catch a prey. Usually, a praying mantis uses a flower or plant as concealment.

image-1.jpeg?w=660

(Mantis hidden in a flower)

It looks a lot like the plant or flower itself (the color). And now you understand why YHR reminds me of that insect. SJW is associated to flowers in general. Secondly the close cohabitation between the plant and the insect mirrors SJW's relationship with YHR. However, YHR is not a nice person... she has no problem to throw people under the bus which she revealed in her argument with SJW. Her lack of compassion and her selfishness were visible in that scene. Moreover the insect itself "Praying mantis" (in French "mante religieuse"/ in German "Gottesanbeterin") is linked to religion as in many different languages the name of the insect contains an element about God or religion. Therefore I came to the conclusion that for HR, SJW is her religion, her obsession. She worships SJW, she has no problem to stay by his side without becoming his girlfriend or wife but she won't tolerate anyone else by his side. She is the only one who can be close to SJW that's why she dislikes this closeness between YMR and SJW. That's why YHR got scared of WIK. A praying mantis is weak compared to a cobra, the former is even used as food for the cobra. However, YHR as a mantis has an advantage: a preying mantis is patient and can remain immobile for a long time. So in my opinion, YHR will use YMR/WHK as a diversion thinking that WIK will realize YMR's true identity. She wants to put YMR on the silver plate... but she will fail. First, WIK is definitely obsessed with YMR's face which represents a huge hurdle. YHR has no idea of the resemblance with WIK's mother. The other reason why I connect YHR to a praying mantis is that the female insect kills her male companion once the mating is done. YHR is dangerous to SJW and so far, since she has lived for so long by SJW's side, the latter hasn't become aware of her true personality. 

Okay, I know that I belong to the minority liking the main lead. He is definitely different from WIK who oozes virility but his gentleness is actually quite touching. In my opinion, YHR played a huge part in creating a riff in the couple WHK/SJW and the latter is not aware of that yet. Tomorrow, I'll write more about the paintings.

10 hours ago, MidnightRain said:

I have to confess I did not know the actor. In fact, I know very few Asian actors, only Elvis Han, Song Seung-heon, Nadech ... When a girl from Facebook Brazil sent me the link to another drama that he did, I was shocked, I would never say that is the same actor, he does not remember the other character, he even looks like a different person. Every scene of him is better than the other, but I think (I may be wrong) that he is thrilled in some scenes, as in the scene where the IW points a gun at Ma-Ri in their room (at the beginning of ep. 5). IW drops a tear. What reason did he have for it if he seemed so determined to give the warning? So, I thought the actor can not help but thrill with the heavy scene.

12 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Okay, I know that I belong to the minority liking the main lead. He is definitely different from WIK who oozes virility but his gentleness is actually quite touching.

I am with you here. I think In Wook oozes virility but he is dangerous and psychotic, nevertheless his insanity is fascinating to watch, he creates the thrill of suspense in the drama. But being crazy for me is a weakness. How can a person who is not in his right mind and dangerous be called a strong person? Strength of a person from the way I see it is from the mind and attitude. Virility and looks have nothing to do with it. The main lead's character for me denotes strength. He is steady, reliable, faithful to his commitments and trusworthy. Once he committed to help Ma Ri, no matter what anyone else says, he does not vacillate, just like he remained to his commitment as a husband to Ha Kyung. While MR and IW had sparks, it will burn them both but JW and MR have trust, it will save them both.  

4 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@zenya22 @MidnightRain @JuliR

I have just finished watching the two episodes and I still like the way the story is evolving. For me, SJW is not obsessed with his wife because he is not confusing YMR with WHK. Like I had mentioned it before, SJW actually fell for YMR, when he met her for the first time. Back then, he already wanted to help her. The fact that YMR has the same face than SJW's wife should be seen as a mirror to KIW's relationship with YMR. The contrast is so telling.

1. KIW was attracted by YMR because she resembled his mother, while it was not the same between YMR and SJW. He tried to protect her even before the surgery.
  2. Striking is that YMR was the one who asked him to give her the face of someone SJW liked which he did. So far, YMR is not bothered by this idea at all. Actually, she views it as a gift, while she saw her own face as a curse. The words contrast so much: KIW = curse /SJW: a gift. 
  3. The third difference is that YMR only discovered much later that she had his mother's face, while YMR discovered quite quickly that she had now WHK's face.
  4. Another distinction is how SJW and KIW acts because of the resemblance. SJW wants YMR to find her freedom and peace so that she can blossom, whereas the violent husband wants her to put her in a cage.

To me, the real obsessed one with WHK is actually YHR. During her confrontation with her "friend", she showed her true colors. She showed no empathy for her supposed "best friend" WHK... she wished that SJW would have abandoned his wife. Secondly, she despises love "that darn love!". She knew all along about the affair but she decided to remain silence as she thought that SJW would be hurt. She got enraged, when she saw with her own eyes that SJW knew all along and yet he had been caring take of WHK as a devoted husband. This made HR realize that she had no real chance with SJW. Now, she believes that SJW is falling for YMR because of her face and this is where she is definitely wrong. First, SJW uses YMR to feel better... he felt guilty towards his wife because if he had stopped her back then, she wouldn't have been involved in that accident. By giving all the support YMR needs he has the impression that he is redeeming himself. I am sure, he blames himself for the affair, rather than blaming WHK. She ran away because he was somehow lacking. However, I doubt that he knows about the identity of the lover. IT is definitely his best friend... because once he knows the whole truth, he will stop blaming himself.

Another interesting metaphor in this drama is the cobra. The cobra embodies WIK perfectly... and we have our doctor and YMR symbolized by flowers. And what is YHR's symbol? First, I had the spider in my mind but I changed my mind. YHR reminds me of a praying/preying mantis. A mantis is an animal which remains immobile for a while until the insect is sure to catch a prey. Usually, a praying mantis uses a flower or plant as concealment. It looks a lot like the plant or flower itself (the color). And now you understand why YHR reminds me of that insect. SJW is associated to flowers in general. Secondly the close cohabitation between the plant and the insect mirrors SJW's relationship with YHR. However, YHR is not a nice person... she has no problem to throw people under the bus which she revealed in her argument with SJW. Her lack of compassion and her selfishness were visible in that scene. Moreover the insect itself "Praying mantis" (in French mante religieuse) is linked to religion... SJW is her religion, her obsession. She worships SJW, she has no problem to stay by his side without becoming his girlfriend or wife but she won't tolerate anyone else by his side. She is the only one who can be close to SJW that's why she dislikes this closeness between YMR and SJW. That's why YHR got scared of WIK. A praying mantis is weak compared to a cobra, the former is even used as food for the cobra. However, YHR as a mantis has an advantage: a preying mantis is patient and can remain immobile for a long time. So in my opinion, YHR will use YMR/WHK as a diversion thinking that WIK will realize YMR's true identity. She wants to put YMR on the silver plate... but she will fail. First, WIK is definitely obsessed with YMR's face which represents a huge hurdle. YHR has no idea of the resemblance with WIK's mother. The other reason why I connect YHR to a praying mantis is that the female insect kills her male companion once the mating is done. YHR is dangerous to SJW and so far, since she has lived for so long by SJW's side, the latter hasn't become aware of her true personality. 

Okay, I know that I belong to the minority liking the main lead. He is definitely different from WIK who oozes virility but his gentleness is actually quite touching. In my opinion, YHR played a huge part in creating a riff in the couple WHK/SJW and the latter is not aware of that yet. Tomorrow, I'll write more about the paintings.

But @bebebisous33 @zenya22 @MidnightRaindo not you think that's strange? How does a man take a woman who has the same face of his mother as his wife? Did he think of his mother sexually? Because wife is one thing, mother is another. No one thinks of the mother sexually. Except Oedipus. In fact, SJW tried to protect her after his wife died. It's as if he wants to revive his wife and get a second chance. In fact, he confessed that, he wants a second chance. Bizarre.

I don't make sense to me, the YMR of the 2nd phase, so to speak, is fearful, paralyzed with fear ... The YMR of the first phase had more courage, in fact, it was this courage that made her run away from her husband innumerable times. This new YMR doesn't really match the IW. Also, guys, she and the HR were friends and now they treat themselves as strange because they are weird, just the IW pay attention to what he will notice right away. And as the IW is a mysterious man if he lived chasing after the fujona wife. In an ep. he was picking her up at what looked like an airport! And there were a lot of people watching. And SJW still uses alliance.

12 hours ago, zenya22 said:

Sparkles? I just don't get it! :confused:

2 hours ago, zenya22 said:

I am with you here. I think In Wook oozes virility but he is dangerous and psychotic, nevertheless his insanity is fascinating to watch, he creates the thrill of suspense in the drama. But being crazy for me is a weakness. How can a person who is not in his right mind and dangerous be called a strong person? Strength of a person from the way I see it is from the mind and attitude. Virility and looks have nothing to do with it. The main lead's character for me denotes strength. He is steady, reliable, faithful to his commitments and trusworthy. Once he committed to help Ma Ri, no matter what anyone else says, he does not vacillate. While MR and IW had sparks, it will burn them both but JW and MR have trust, it will save them both.  

Yes, indeed! 

Everyone has a weakness. In-Wook is strong! Her weakness is Ma-Ri.

Archived