[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2019] Reunion: The Sound of the Providence 盗墓笔记重启 ll 重啟之極海聽雷

TheRedPheonix

Trailer and BTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XR0b6eZqzI

On 6/5/2019 at 11:24 AM, homakp said:

Hi^^

does anyone know how big the production scale or the budget is? I know Mystic Nine became popular but other than that, i have no idea how anticipated each season of this series was/is.

It is Youku's big production for 2018-19 see if you like it :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2019 at 11:07 PM, JoyceDreamer said:

It would be nice if we can stop the remakes of Book 1 and start at like Book 4... Overall, I still love it but I just want to know what happens after Book 1 - 3. So many remakes but it all starts from the beginning. 

I thought this show was picking up after the 10 year WX was separated from ZQL, picking up from where Sand Sea left off? Not a remake of Book 1? 

Anyway, I've been anticipating this show since forever. I'm interested in seeing how ZQL is portrayed. He's such an intriguing character that even the slightest gesture matters. Yang Yang's ZQL is the most in-character, the ZQL in Sand Sea is the handsomest + has the best fight moves. The ZQL in Tomb Note 2 is the most personable and likable (and those, also the most out of character)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, outsanity said:

I thought this show was picking up after the 10 year WX was separated from ZQL, picking up from where Sand Sea left off?

If that is the case... I will anticipate for it... it's just harder and harder because the actor's playing the characters are always changing! Of course the production company can't afford the old actors anymore and in some way, it gives us an idea of how each actor can portray the characters truly. 

I like Yang Yang's portrayal of ZQL but I also like Chen Yi too. :D But... I still want to see Yang Yang and Li Yi Feng's portrayals... :tears:

• 1 month later...

I really can't wait for this!!! I've only recently watched Gaurdian and become obsessed with Zhu Yi Long! I really want him to take main roles like this and become even more popular and loved in China and all over the world. This thread helped a lot! thank you so much Red Phoenix and all of you for sharing your excitement with me !!

• 3 months later...

I've found this show on iQiyi and there's already the first two with Eng subs. Long-ge's WX is tired and a little cynical but given how it starts I can see why. Fatty's actor is good I like that he isn't over exaggerating his expressions and feels so natural. No sign of ZQL yet but i've only seen the first episode. 

As production quality it's really at the top of what i've seen for a Chinese drama. The sets look real, the lighting is great and I think there was only one moment of 'that looks off'. Again this is from watching just the first ep but it's at Hollywood level of production and camera work. It even ended at a more natural break then sudden cutoff at a sentence end. 

Edited by Strange Stranger
adding a note on production

21 hours ago, angelangie said:

i always enjoy this kind of scenes no matter in what drama / movies :D 

That was a good scene.  Just the whole 'we'll let him take care of the angry crowd' like it's totally natural.  The three of them really do pull off the feeling of a group of friends that know each other so so well it's kind of refreshing.

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote pictures

2 hours ago, tulip06 said:

I just started. Does this come chronologically after Shahai?

It's set ten years after the main time line, so Wu Xie is retired to the quiet life with Fatty as his partner while Kylin has gone into the mountains away from everyone. That's why most of the cast is older than in the other dramas in this series. 

Edited by Strange Stranger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Strange Stranger said:

It's set ten years after the main time line, so Wu Xie is retired to the quiet life with Fatty as his partner while Kylin has gone into the mountains away from everyone. That's why most of the cast is older than in the other dramas in this series. 

Okay, but before or after Shahai?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tulip06 said:

Okay, but before or after Shahai?

It's after Shahai, it's the Reunion afterall. In Shahai, Wu Xie was alone. And in Restart/Reunion, Zhang Qiling has been brought back, the iron triangle is back together.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Strange Stranger said:

Not too sure tbh I'm not that familiar with the series as a whole.  But there is a post here that might be able to help.

Thank you!  

I saved it to my pocket app. 

@paopaolong

I think our show is probably before Shahai now that I think about it.  Shahai had WuXie much older and with his Fatty, Little Master and Uncle 3 adventures very much in the past.

This new thunder boy with the same tattoo as Little Master is interesting.  Must be from the same Zhang clan.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tulip06 said:

Thank you!  

I saved it to my pocket app.

You're welcome!

TBH I've been hearing that this is the last of the adventures with them so it could be after that but again I'm not super familiar with the series.  I have started reading the books and have watched first season and parts of second and the Mystic Nine.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1