Zhu Yi Long 朱一龙 Official Thread

siobhanne

I just saw some articles written by the staff of Phantacity and I think I must share with you.

As you have seen, the show was shot in one take, without any cut or post production. So he had to rush around the sets, change his costumes in just a few seconds. The makeup artist said that it took ZYL and two makeup artists to remove his heavy clown makeup in less than 20 seconds. Then, he was bare skinned, without any makeup in latter scenes. It was a bold move, because he was the first actor that appeared on Phantacity without makeup and he looked so good.

As for the little girl, she did not cry even once during the rehearsals. And when Yilong was communicating with her, she said she could use eye drops to make false tears. Yilong said no and wanted her to take it seriously (but in a very gentle and kind way that can melt your heart). Before they did the final take, Yilong said to her “It’s okay if you do not cry”. And Jiu Yue said “You just wait to see if I can cry or not.” And she cried in the scene where she got beaten. 

ZYL created the main theme for the show: a clown and a little girl helping each other. Even as they are two lower-class people, there should not be complaints in it. “It does not help to complain.” Yilong said he got this philosophy from his father, who sent him to free combat training to fight with 8 or 9 year olds when he was only four and a half. The director went on with his idea to create the story. It is also confirmed that the director has watched the Guardian before they met. They were talking about Mianmian (Ye Zun) on set.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

@paopaolong I'm immensely grateful to you to have shared those info with us, I really love to know those kinds of things :heart:

37 minutes ago, paopaolong said:

As you have seen, the show was shot in one take, without any cut or post production. So he had to rush around the sets, change his costumes in just a few seconds. The makeup artist said that it took ZYL and two makeup artists to remove his heavy clown makeup in less than 20 seconds. Then, he was bare skinned, without any makeup in latter scenes. It was a bold move, because he was the first actor that appeared on Phantacity without makeup and he looked so good.

Yes, that's what I've asked to myself too, about the lack of makeup due to the removal of the clown "mask"... I thought that he couldn't have to be able to put a normal makeup in a such few sec... :blink:
so... did he go out on the stage with the little girl on his arms, after the show, even in his bare skin? because I really have to say that I didn't notice any difference...   anyway he's unique, he doesn't even care about himself and his apparence... the show, do the best performance is that what's important to him! :heart:

1 hour ago, paopaolong said:

As for the little girl, she did not cry even once during the rehearsals. And when Yilong was communicating with her, she said she could use eye drops to make false tears. Yilong said no and wanted her to take it seriously (but in a very gentle and kind way that can melt your heart). Before they did the final take, Yilong said to her “It’s okay if you do not cry”. And Jiu Yue said “You just wait to see if I can cry or not.” And she cried in the scene where she got beaten.  

OMG!!! YES!!! Finally I'm a bit able to understand what ZYL was telling to the little actress on this backstage vid THANK YOU!!!!

I imagined something like that but... wowwww this little girl really has what it take to be a good actress lol AND... Yilong really known how to talk to her... adorable!!!! :heart:

1 hour ago, paopaolong said:

ZYL created the main theme for the show: a clown and a little girl helping each other. Even as they are two lower-class people, there should not be complaints in it. “It does not help to complain.” Yilong said he got this philosophy from his father, who sent him to free combat training to fight with 8 or 9 year olds when he was only four and a half. The director went on with his idea to create the story. It is also confirmed that the director has watched the Guardian before they met. They were talking about Mianmian (Ye Zun) on set. 

really???? it was ZYL idea? :flushed:
I thought that was the director that already has the "script" of the show...
instead you reveal to me that was ALL ZYL IDEA???  SUPER AMAZING!!!!!!  REALLY.... HOW CAN I NOT LOVE HIM SO MUCH???!!!! :heart:
it was genial with this story...  and now I can even better understand all his amotion when he finished the show and went out on the stage with the director... I NEVER saw him like that... with that sincere smile and happy... it get me emotional AGAIN  :tears:

• Like 3

I created an incident on weibo yesterday evening... 

https://www.weibo.com/5735084779/GC4rc8htG?type=comment#_rnd1538493554147

https://www.weibo.com/5601456932/GC4o7dDSD?type=comment#_rnd1538493508012

But don't answer them, because I think it's those people who are paid to create issues. 

I just wanted to gush a bit about the show : D Sorry.

But the good news is that Chinese fans are always happy that us international fans like Longge...

So what time is the fashion show thing? Is it tonight?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, siobhanne said:

I created an incident on weibo yesterday evening... 

https://www.weibo.com/5735084779/GC4rc8htG?type=comment#_rnd1538493554147

https://www.weibo.com/5601456932/GC4o7dDSD?type=comment#_rnd1538493508012

But don't answer them, because I think it's those people who are paid to create issues. 

I just wanted to gush a bit about the show : D Sorry.

But the good news is that Chinese fans are always happy that us international fans like Longge...

So what time is the fashion show thing? Is it tonight?

You are right, they are paid to do that.

ZYL arrived in Paris 2hours ago, news from fans

http://fx.weico.cc/share/38586337.html?weibo_id=4290787728567944

The show will start at 20:00 local time

Edited by Sherry Chow

@Evil Blea There's a chinese forum called Zhihu. There are many topics there, I like to browse it from time to time to get my fix of people praising him ; ). I wrote under one called How do you evaluate Zhu Yi Long's performance in Phantacity? At first I apologized for my lack of chinese, for fun I looked up my skritter stats and wrote exactly how many characters I've learned and that since it's not enough for a review, I will write in english. Then I wrote a review. But then since I've lurked there awhile and liked comments, these people made a post 'exposing' me as a crazy chinese Zhu Yi Long fan who pretends to be a foreigner, but mysteriously understands all these chinese posts. : D So then I was forced to defend my lack of chinese and tell them about google translate. But really, only very few are actual fans, most are these weird paid people I think. 

And then they criticized my English! How dare they ! : p I've never had this issue on reddit : p.

But before that happened many people were very nice : )

Luckily I had a weibo account with the same username that I had used previously to ask for subtitles of Longge's livestreams, which helped prove my lack of chinese (all my life I've only had to prove the existence of skills, never a lack of them). It's really a weird world out there.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

@siobhanne yea sounds like he sure has a lot of antis and people trying to bring his image down ... but i suppose thats what u get along with a sudden increase in fame. but lmao these people really have nothing else to talk about.

im glad u didn't back down and showed them the evidence. its nice to know that chinese fans know there are international fans who love our long ge <3 i think we're both on the same boat in that our chinese are both very limited, but not limited enough that we cant use them once in a while hahaha 

• Like 2

I hope he gets to visit Louvre (the actual museum), it's a super cool museum. Or is it closed for this fashion week thing?

The director seems to think that people care about fashion in this fashion week show and is not just showing Zhu Yi Long the whole time like I want. I just started the stream, has anyone seen him?

25 minutes ago, siobhanne said:

Oh, cool. Looks like overalls? Must be annoying to go to the bathroom.

ahahah it's seems to be two pieces outfit to me.... :P

rather... I don't think it's too much comfortable to keep the shirt into the trouser like that... his waistline actually seems too  stuffed LOL :sweatingbullets:

7 minutes ago, Sherry Chow said:

It's separated, but you know, man just need a small opening in the bathroom:lol:

Oh, I guess it is in two parts. There's more than one thing to do in a bathroom. Unless he's very skilled in unexpected ways, a small hole is not enough : p

• LOL 1

Ok rewatching for the nth times "Ugly" (PhantaCity)... I was still thinking about the way ZYL sang in that way, out of synch...

I'm more and more convinced that has been his interpretation... the Clown was SO ANGRY that this was his way to show it to us...

I mean his words, through the song, weren't easy to pronounce because the Clown was troubled inside, he was angry.. you know, sometimes when you're angry isn't easy to speak because of the anger level on your blood and mind... I don't know if I've been clear..
So I'm convinced ZYL wanted to show us that the anger level of the Clown was about to explode... in fact it was what happend next... just my POV ^^

anyway I saw this two AMAZING short fanmade vid today !

http://www.meipai.com/media/1049465022

https://www.weibo.com/6580859338/GBXWKsrHP?from=page_1005056580859338

EVERY CHARACTER HE PLAYS, MAKES ME FALL AND MAKES ME LOVE HIM MORE AND MORE.... I can't help myself LOL :D

These overalls (sorry, 2 piece outfit) remind me of that funny suit he wore some years back to an event, that also had a universe on it. If you ever need to go from a fashion show to paint a wall somewhere and to feel at home at both places, this is your outfit ; )

I saw a clip where someone was asking him in english if he's doing fine (or something, you know, these pointless pleasantries), and he mouthed yeah and looked super confused : D. I felt such kinship with him, even though I know it's just a greeting/small talk, I always want to answer seriously, all the while wondering why we're suddenly talking about our feelings : D

• Like 1