[Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이

larus

@joonminfan For KJS work 

Spoiler

Will definitely check out Rebel , I saw his cuts & he was good . His MBC award was for Rebel & 20 Century . 

He’s played too many second leads , but I Guess the notable one would be Angel Eyes ( didn’t watch this though  ) & I need Romance 2 ( but female lead’s character is so frustrating) 

I have also skimmed through some cuts of Another miss oh - I think this is his real come back role in 2016. I adored the scenes of him with the sister of the Male lead. It was funny like crazy . I wasn’t too bothered with main OTP . 

He also had a kbs drama special with your bias JSM called Came to me & became a star 

in Unkind ladies , he was the main squeeze but the drama focussed a lot on the family relationship btwn this group of ladies , so his screen time is not as much.  

3 hours ago, jd50 said:

Weighing in here in agreement and disbelief! I loved 1% and JSM's pairing with HSJ too, but the chemistry of KJS - JSM has really grown on me and I prefer Yoo Baek's personality.:)

My memory isn't the greatest and this show has been going on for a while because of the once a week schedule, so can someone remind me where Yoo Baek got the painting that hangs in his bedroom? The one that appears to be a view of the bay on the island? And where did his dad go? Did he die?

I guess I need to wait for the subs to get clues, but maybe the mystery man on the island is his dad?

I feel bad that I actually said it out loud . If you knew me , haha you’ll know I love HSJ to death ...kkkkkk ...but right now KJS has priority :lol:

Kiss vid is trending 

Hmm how comfortable they are BTS

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, triplem said:

...all right I cannot believe I’m saying this about my baby Ha seok jin ( sorry oppa , I still Love you ) .. :lol:..I find myself liking this OTP’s pairing a bit more . KJS - JSM chemie is really well matched both on & off screen . And I actually prefer TOP star Shi & how he fought for KS , how soft he is around KS . Jae In in 1% was a bit more Chauvinistic ( oh god , I can’t believe I’m saying this . 1% is one of my favourite rom-coms :lol:

You, me, same sentiments. Huhu. I still love you HSJ, but i seriously fell for KJS. Do you guys know that HSJ and KJS are besties? Haha. and here I am shipping both of them to JSM. 

Pray for me that I can properly function at work today. I've been replaying the kiss scenes since morning, it is becoming unhealthy. Looooool

Be back after 8 hrs chingus. Thank you for the trans @stroppyse

Hopefully they will release the bts of the kiss scenessss haha 

2 hours ago, heyyoooo said:

You, me, same sentiments. Huhu. I still love you HSJ, but i seriously fell for KJS. Do you guys know that HSJ and KJS are besties? Haha. and here I am shipping both of them to JSM. 

Pray for me that I can properly function at work today. I've been replaying the kiss scenes since morning, it is becoming unhealthy. Looooool

Be back after 8 hrs chingus. Thank you for the trans @stroppyse

Hopefully they will release the bts of the kiss scenessss haha 

Lol! Yes , cutest friends ever.  

Spoiler

Ehhh let’s all ogle more 

You’re right @tibba , PD in trying to make it pretty , zooms out a lot . At least got a lot of hand & body movements :D , which means she was Also kissing back. But the kisses here are sweeter than 1% . The latter was more intense .

Ep 10

Grandma #2 arrives at MD’s house to pass some kimchi to MD’s mum.

Grandma #2: MD mum!

Caption: 1 week before DC’s parents’ wedding

Grandma #2: Did she go somewhere? I brought some radish kimchi. Oh, my bladder is going to burst. Gosh. (goes off to toilet)

YB comes in to use the phone to call NJ.

NJ: Oh, my friend YB. Sweet salty, sweet salty, how are you doing?

YB: What? Sweet salty, sweet salty? Hey, because I did that, OKS is completely upset now. Everything is ruined now! What should I do?

NJ: What to do? You just have to beg her now.

YB: Are you crazy? I have to beg her humbly?

NJ: Love itself is a crazy act. So what if you have to be humble? Isn’t it better than getting dumped and becoming pitiful? Anyway, I can’t make a dating idiot like you understand.

YB: What? Dating idiot? Hey, everything is ruined because of you. I shouldn’t have taken your advice in the first place. Seriously!

NJ: Gosh, since you’re so capable, then handle this yourself. Why do you asked me about dating?

YB: Yes, I’m a dating eunuch! Eunuch! Eunuch! Alright? (Grandma #2 hears YB saying “eunuch” and is shocked.)

Grandma #2: Eunuch… (runs off home)

Grandma #2: Sister! I discovered something very important!

Grandma #1: What is it?

Grandma #2: Top Star Young Man.. he… what was it? I actually forgot.

Grandma #1: What is it?

Grandma #2: Oh gosh, it’s Top Star Young Man. He said he’s a… something man. Man… Is it a… rich man?

Grandma #1 opens an earthen pot.

Grandma #1: So spicy! My mouth is on fire. Did you put in the green chilli again?

Grandma #2 (giggles): I just put in a little bit. I don’t like the taste to be too bland. It won’t be delicious without green chilli. It’s not delicious.

Grandma #1: Do you have some bond with chilli? What’s so good about chilli? Why do you have to put chilli in everything?

Grandma #2 (giggles): Chilli. (I think “chilli” and “pen**” sound similar in Korean, that’s why she’s giggling) Oh gosh, eunuch! I finally remember! Top Star Young Man is a eunuch! A eunuch!

Grandma #1: What did you say? Top Star Young Man is a eunuch?

Grandma #2: When he was on the phone, he said it himself, that he is a eunuch. I heard it very clearly.

Grandma #1: Are you sure? Oh dear, he is still so young. What should he do?

Grandma #2: Yeah

Grandma #1: Oh my, what to do?

Just then, YB walks past their house on his way back to Seoul. He sees them and stops to say goodbye.

YB: Grandmas, please take care of yourselves. I’m going back to Seoul today.

Grandma #1: Oh gosh, are you leaving so soon?

Grandma #2: You must take care of your health.

YB: Yes, Grandmas must take care of your health too.

Grandmas: Yes

YB sighs and leaves.

Grandma #1: He looks so normal, I can’t believe he’s a eunuch. What to do?

Grandma #2: If you ask me to live my life with him, I don’t think I can do it.

Grandma #1: Oh gosh

At the hotel where the wedding took place. The islanders are having breakfast.

DC mum: Oh yes, is KS still sleeping? MD ah, go and get KS to come down for breakfast.

MD mum: Yes, go.

MD: Well, KS… went to Seoul.

Grandma: What? Seoul?

MD: I have something to announce to the elders.

Islanders: Yes go ahead.

MD: KS and I decided not to get married.

Islanders: What?

DC dad: What happened?

DC mum: What are you talking about?

MD: KS actually already has someone in her heart. It’s me who forced her to get married to me. After I thought about it carefully, I realised that it’s not right. So I asked her to go to Seoul to find the person she likes.

Grandma: So you’re saying that KS likes someone else? Who is it?

MD: Top Star-ssi.

Everyone looks shocked.

DC mum: What is this?

Grandma #2: Sister, what to do? He’s a eunuch!

Grandma #1: Stop it.

Grandma: Oh dear, how did I not know anything about this? What should we do? MD ah, what to do?

MD: Grandma, what else can we do? It’s a good thing to be able to meet somebody you like. It’s all my fault. I’m sorry, Grandma.

MD dad: No, Mother, it’s my fault. I knew about it, but I just wanted KS to become my daughter-in-law, so I didn’t consider her feelings. I encouraged MD to go after her and propose to her.

MD mum: No, it’s my fault. If I had known about this earlier, things would not have progressed until this stage.

Grandma: No, this isn’t anyone’s fault. The fate between people can never be forced. MD ah, I’m more worried about you. Are you alright?

MD: Grandma, I’m ok. I’ve thought about it carefully. The Alain Delon of Yoojik Island is really popular with women. I can find someone pretty to go out with. Isn’t it so?

Grandma: Yes, you are right. You will definitely find someone.

MD: Yes

DC dad: MD ah, work hard!

MD: Yes

DC mum: Yes, you will meet a good woman.

MD’s parents are by the pool.

MD mum: Gosh, what an idiot. He harboured a one-sided love for so long, and got rejected in the end.

MD dad: MD is like me; he has a pure heart.

MD mum: Pure heart? Although he doesn’t show it on his face, he must be feeling really bad inside. I’m his mum, and yet I don’t understand his feelings. I keep hitting him and lecturing him.

MD dad: You already hit him, so you can’t take it back anymore. Just treat him better from now on.

MD mum: Yes, you are right. He will not take extreme measures just because he got rejected, right?

MD dad: We can show him more love, and turn this this hopeless situation into one filled with hope. Let’s encourage him and help him get over the problem.

MD mum: Yes

MD dad: Drink up

Grandma #1: Whether he is a eunuch or not, it’s KS’s fate and life. Why should we care about someone else’s love life?

Grandma #2: But we cannot just keep quiet about it, and see her suffer. If he really is a eunuch, we have to stop them. Because we couldn’t give birth to children, we got scolded by our mother-in-law, and suffered humiliation and torture. Did you forget already?

Grandma #1: That was then, and this is now. The times have changed. A lot of people don’t have children but they lead very good lives. And we don’t even know if they will get married, why would you meddle in their business? Just treat yourself as a dead person and keep your mouth shut.

Grandma: What? Dead? What is dead?

Grandma #1: Oh it’s nothing, Sister.

Grandma: Oh gosh, I feel so bad. I don’t know how to face MD and his parents.

Grandma #2: There’s something even more worrying.

Grandma #1: Just eat the orange. (stuffs a slice in her mouth) She means that MD must be really sad now.

Grandma: Yes, isn’t that right?

Grandma #1: Yes

Grandma: But even if I can’t let go, I have to. I will just think that they are not fated to be. But when I think that the person she likes is no other than Top Star Young Man, I’m not so worried. What do you two think? Do you think Top Star Young Man is a suitable significant other for KS?

Grandma #1: We just feel that as long as he treats KS well, it’s alright.

Grandma #2: I feel that there is a need to know about certain things better. (gets fed another slice of orange)

Grandma: Yes, really? They wouldn’t get into trouble before getting to know each other well, would they?

Grandma #2: They won’t

Grandma #1: Just eat

Grandma: Our KS is very pure and innocent, and she’s inexperienced in dating. They won’t get into trouble.

Grandma #1: Of course not.

Grandma: Yeah

In YB’s room, KS is changing out of her hanbok under the blanket. YB opens the door and walks in.

YB: Hey, OKS. What are you doing?

KS: I’m changing. I really don’t know how to close the door.

YB: The bedroom and the changing room are connected.

KS comes out from under the blanket.

KS: Ah, is that so? Gosh, why didn’t you tell me so earlier?

YB sits down on the bed, and brushes KS’s hair off her face. KS looks a little shy. YB smiles and kisses her once, twice, before going in for a deeper kiss. He starts pushing her backwards onto the bed, but KS’s mind suddenly clears and she pushes him away.

KS: Oh my! That… that won’t do.

YB: Ah, should we close the curtains then?

KS: Why should we close the curtains?

YB: What? Oh, didn’t you say that the room is too bright?

KS: What are you talking about? It’s broad daylight now, so of course the room will be bright. Let’s have a talk.

YB: We can talk a little later. (sees KS’s expression) Ok I get it. What do you want to talk about?

KS: Now that I think about it carefully, we seemed to have jumped over the stage of getting to know each other to the stage of kissing. I hope that we can respect ourselves.

YB: What? So are you saying that we are not going to kiss anymore?

KS: Yes. I remember reading from a book, that besides the skinship between a couple, we need more time to get to know each other better.

YB: Who said that? If we love each other, then we will naturally want to kiss and hug each other. This is everyone’s natural instinct. Didn’t you secretly read some book on a night with a wild wolf? Why are you like that now?

KS: Gosh, seriously. Why did you suddenly bring up the wild wolf? And I realised that once I cross that line, I will be thinking about “that” the whole day. That… well… Anyway, I just think that it’s not a good thing to progress too quickly. Since I’ve brought it up, let’ start slowly from the beginning.

YB: From the beginning? From where?

KS: Well, that… something… Most couples, after confirming their feelings for each other, will just naturally hold hands. Let’s start from there.

YB: Gosh, we have a generation gap. That’s an old-fashioned way of thinking. And we have already kissed, why are we going back to holding hands? How can we be going backwards for skinship?

KS: Seriously, if you don’t want to, then forget it. I’ll just go back then.

KS gets up from the bed but YB grabs her in a hug and pushes her down onto the bed.

KS: Oh my, oh my.

YB: You can’t go.

KS: Oh my, what are you doing?

YB hugs KS as they lie on the bed.

KS: This is going against the rules! Didn’t I say to start from holding hands?

YB: This is not going against the rules. This is compromise. We will take one step back, and for today, just hug each other to sleep like this.

KS: Oh my

YB: Don’t worry, I won’t do anything that you are not willing to do. But if you are willing, no matter what it is that you want me to do, I will do it for you. (strokes KS’s head as he says this)

YB has fallen asleep and KS walks out of the bathroom. She spots YB’s medication on the bedside table and gazes at YB with love and empathy in her eyes. She walks over to the bed and climbs in with him. YB immediately hugs her close again.

KS: Oh my. Haven’t you fallen asleep?

YB: I woke up

KS: Why is there so much medication?

YB: It’s nothing. It’s medication for when I can’t fall asleep. After I met you, I seldom have to eat it anymore. Don’t worry.

KS: How can I not be worried?

YB: If you’re worried, then just be by my side always, like now. Don’t go anywhere.

KS: I get it.

YB stares at the painting of the seascape on the wall.

KS: What are you thinking about?

YB tells KS about his past. In YB’s old house when he was 14, the light is blinking. YB’s mum is staring at it.

YB mum: What’s with this?

YB: I don’t know.

The light flickers off. YB mum changes the light bulb with some difficulty.

YB mum: YB ah, switch the light on. (He does but the light stays off)

YB: It’s not working.

YB mum: Did I fix it wrongly? (fixes it again) YB ah, try it again. (He does but it still doesn’t work)

YB: It’s still not working. Did you buy the wrong bulb?

YB mum: Did I? (clutches her neck) Ah, I don’t care anymore. YB ah, let’s bring some kimbap and go for a picnic tomorrow.

YB: Picnic?

YB and his mum are having a picnic outdoors.

YB mum: YB ah, try some. (feeds him) YB ah, do you remember coming here with your dad? We were so happy then, weren’t we?

YB: It was spring then. Look at this, it’s too cold now and there isn’t anyone around.

YB mum: Gosh

YB: It’s cold. Mum, let’s go. We are going to get indigestion. The kimbap has turned cold too.

YB mum: Yeah, it’s really too cold for a picnic.

YB: At that time, I was very sad too, so I didn’t really understand. Mum must be in a lot of pain by herself, and she can’t show it in front of me. She must have wanted someone to lean on. At that time, mum was the same age as I am now. (KS holds YB’s hand in hers) I can understand her, but I also don’t really want to forgive her. I don’t think I’m a good person after all.

KS: Gosh, you really… There isn’t anyone in the world who is good to everybody. People tend to unknowingly hurt other people, and get hurt by other people as well. So there isn’t any good person who is perfect in this world. (reaches out to pat YB) But, to me, you really are a very, very good person. That’s why your heart will hurt for others like this. In the future, when you are hurting, when you are feeling tired, I will comfort you like this. (strokes YB’s hair) It’s not painful. It’s not painful.

YB closes his eyes and snuggles closer to KS, while KS continues to stroke his hair to comfort him.

YB sits in his car below his mum’s rooftop apartment. He recalls how the lamp outside her house was flickering the last time he went there. He sighs, then makes up his mind and gets out of his car. When he reaches the rooftop, he peeks around the corner to see if anyone is around, then changes the lightbulb. His mum rounds the corner and sees him.

Mum: YB ah

YB: I just… passed by and saw that the light was flickering. I couldn’t stand it, so…

Mum starts to say something, but YB leaves, seemingly embarrassed. Mum looks at the lightbulb with a slight smile on her face.

In YB’s house, KS is back in her hanbok and is holding a note from YB, which says: Went out for a while. Be back soon.

KS: Where did he go now?

YB walks in holding a paper bag.

YB: Oh, you are awake?

KS: Where did you go?

YB: I went to get something to eat.

KS: Ah

YB: I also dropped by my mum’s place for a while.

KS (smiles and starts patting YB’s butt): Gosh, gosh, gosh, gosh, so you went over there. You did well, you did well.

YB: Oh? Didn’t you say you wanted to take this one step at a time? Your first step is to touch my butt?

KS: Gosh, what are you saying? It’s not like that.

YB reaches out and pulls her to him and hugs her tightly. Then he just stares at her with a tiny smile on his face. KS doesn’t dare to look at him.

KS: What are you doing?

YB lets go of KS, exasperated.

YB: Looks like it really isn’t like that. And I really wanted OKS to touch my butt, so we can jump straight to the next stage.

KS: Gosh, it’s not like that.

YB: Anyway I will try my hardest to be patient and wait. So you be careful too.

KS: Yeah, yeah.

YB: Let’s eat. Before we go back to Yoojik Island, I want to bring you somewhere.

At the hotel

Doc is having a tummy ache, and is desperately looking for the toilet when she is waylaid by Teacher who wants to give her the letter he wrote. But she pushes him away and in the confusion, enters the male toilet. Teacher follows her in, and asks how she can enter the male toilet even if she wanted to avoid him. Doc is horrified, but really needs to go. She keeps asking him to leave, but he doesn’t. In the end, she has no choice but to just use the male toilet, but keeps singing and clapping to cover up the noises she’s making. However, the very last loud noise couldn’t be covered up, and Teacher hears everything. Teacher tells her that he didn’t see or hear anything. He is about to retreat when DC’s dad rushes in, wanting to use the toilet urgently. So Teacher starts singing really loudly to help Doc cover up her toilet noises and pushes DC’s dad out.

Doc sits on the couch, embarrassed and horrified. DC’s parents and DM arrive, asking if Doc wants to have the free breakfast provided, but Doc declines, saying that her stomach is not well. DC’s dad wonders if it’s constipation, and asks DC’s mum to offer Doc the sweet potatoes they bought. Doc tries to decline, but DC’s mum stuffs the sweet potato in her mouth, saying that it will help with her constipation. Teacher arrives just then and witnesses this. He runs away, afraid that Doc will be embarrassed. But DM is able to tell that Doc is not suffering from constipation, and shakes her head at his parents’ poor judgement.

At the agency, NJ is asking CEO if his face needs to be protected by the country, and if it’s a face that will live forever in history. CEO starts laughing, and NJ says that he will regret, one day, for laughing at him. NJ says that he will definitely get to star in the dumplings commercial. Just then CEO receives a call, and the advertiser doesn’t want YB, but NJ instead. CEO is shocked, and tells NJ the good news. NJ himself is shocked too. NJ is over the moon, while CEO still doesn’t really believe it. NJ tells CEO not to bother about YB anymore, and to take good care of NJ from now on. NJ then wonders how YB is getting on with KS. CEO is surprised to hear that, as he thought that YB was rejected by KS. NJ mocks CEO for not knowing anything about relationships, and that’s why he is still single now. CEO jumps up to hit him, and NJ deflects, saying how this is a good time for YB to introduce KS to CEO. Just then, YB arrives with KS in tow.

CEO: Gosh, goosebumps.

NJ: YB ah

KS: Hello, it’s nice to meet you. I’m OKS.

CEO: Gosh, yes, it’s nice to meet you.  We couldn’t really greet each other properly the last time. Gosh, now that I’ve met you, you really are so elegant and dignified like the Queen in the Palace.

KS: Oh gosh, thank you very much. You have a very kind and benevolent face, just like a government official.

CEO laughs in delight, while YB scoffs and rolls his eyes.

CEO: Hahaha! Well, I really am a strategist, and is full of wisdom. You could say I’m this generation’s Prime Minister Hwang Hee.

YB: That’s enough, let’s stop the nonsense here. I’m here to settle the compensation for breach of contract, so give me the documents.

CEO: You don’t have to worry about that anymore. All the litigation cases against you have been withdrawn. The advertisers are all calling, and fighting to renew the contracts! It’s really something good coming out of misfortune!

YB: Is that so? Then, please reject all the requests for renewal of contracts.

CEO: What?

YB (hugs KS close to him): I’m too busy dating now. Today I’m going back to Yoojik Island, and will be spending some time there.

CEO: You’re going to the island again?

YB ignores him and smiles at KS while stroking her hair.

CEO: Yes, dating is good. Whatever our YB wants to do, just go and do it.

NJ: Our dating idiot YB is finally in love. Then the two of you, it’s your first day (of dating) today right?

KS: What? Isn’t today the 15th? It’s not the 1st, right?

NJ: Well, I mean… that… the two of you ending your ambiguous relationship, and starting to date.

KS: What? Dating? What has that got to do with cleaning the island? (In Korean, ambiguous relationship and island sound similar, so KS misunderstood)

CEO and NJ are dumfounded.

KS: Ah?

YB turns to KS and holds her face in his hands.

YB: Gosh, so cute! Let’s go! If we leave now, we should be able to arrive at dawn the next day. (to CEO) I’ll call you! (hugs KS and ushers her out) Let’s go.

KS: Then I’ll take my leave first.

YB and KS walk out, with YB still hugging her tightly.

CEO and NJ: I’m getting goosebumps!

YB brings KS to the same clothing they went to before, and they look right, and then left, just like they did before. YB starts to look through the racks of clothing, and the fashion designer comes running.

FD: Oh my oh my oh my, YB. All the scolding has stopped. (sees KS) Isn’t this the one from before?

YB: You’re right. This time, I’m here, like in those old-fashioned dramas, to transform Cinderella into a princess. Fire up your creativity! And that mouth, continue to keep it shut. Until the news of me dating is released. (goes to close FD’s mouth)

KS: Gosh, princess, what princess? I’m alright.

YB: You will get recognised by the reporters dressed like this. And wearing this hanbok, you will attract too much attention. Because you are so pretty, you will attract a lot of attention. (strokes KS’s hair tenderly)

FD’s mouth falls open again.

KS: Alright, I get it. When I get back to the island, I will return you the money for the clothes. You must accept it, ok?

YB: Alright.

YB and KS smile at each other, and KS goes off to pick out clothes.

YB: Oh yes, help me pick out a nice warm coat for Grandma.

FD: For Grandma? Why, all of a sudden?

YB: Bribe. I need to get her to like me.

FD’s mouth falls open again. YB gestures for FD to shut his mouth, and FD does so.

Island. MD’s dad makes an announcement over the PA system.

MD dad: Is everyone awake yet? It’s really cold today. It’s really a morning to be looking forward to spring. I hope that spring will also blossom in our son’s heart too. Let me play this song for everyone.

MD is fixing the signboard for KS’s minimart. It now reads: “Oh Family Minimart”. MD smiles when he is done, and goes off home.

MD house. MD’s parents have prepared a feast and is busy arranging the food on the table. MD arrives just then, and his parents ask him to sit down for breakfast. MD sees the huge amounts of food, and wonders if it’s someone’s birthday and says that he’s not used to feasts like this. His mum tells him to get used to it, as she is cooking for him like this everyday from now on. MD tells his parents not to change suddenly and just be their normal selves. He removes the cover on his rice bowl and sees a made out of beans. He exclaims that he cannot take it, and his mum says that she is showing her son her love. She then proceeds to tell MD that she loves him with a wink, and MD’s dad echoes that sentiment. They start to use their arms to form a huge heart, but MD’s mum uses the wrong arm, and it looks really funny. MD’s dad tells her that it’s the other arm, and she quickly switches. MD wonders if they are doing this because they are worried about him after getting rejected by KS, and reassures them that he is alright. MD’s dad starts to deny it, but the phone rings, and he answers.

MD dad: Hello?

KS: Ahjussi, it’s KS.

MD dad: Oh, Kang…

KS: I’ve arrived at Taejik Island.

MD dad: Yes, yes, yes.

He hangs up and tries to get up quietly to leave, but is stopped by MD. MD tells his dad to continue eating, and says that he will go and pick up KS. MD’s dad says that he doesn’t need to, and mum says how it would be embarrassing for MD, and urges dad to leave quickly. But MD replies that they can’t avoid each other forever because of sadness and embarrassment, because that’s not how a good seaman should behave. He says that he will eat quickly, then go and pick her up.

Taejik Island. KS is in her pretty dress and pink coat, holding YB’s hand as they walk together to the pier. Both of them spot MD standing there, and when MD turns around, KS lets go of YB’s hand. YB looks at her, but says nothing. MD approaches them.

MD: Don’t be so awkward, You didn’t know I was coming? (KS can only look at the ground) Gosh, so awkward. The boat is being refuelled, so let’s go and have some tea. Come over here. You can leave the things here. (starts walking away) Let’s go.

YB and KS look at each other.

At the restaurant

MD: Sit here.

MD and YB pull out chairs opposite each other and sit. KS starts to pull out the chair beside YB, then stops and looks at MD. She seems indecisive about where to sit.

MD: What are you standing there for? Sit over there. (points to the chair beside YB)

YB helps her to pull out the chair.

KS: Yes

KS sits, and there is an awkward silence.

MD:  Gosh, what is with this atmosphere? Am I here to collect debts? (YB and KS smile at each other, a little reassured) Ya, KS ah, I was afraid you’d be like that, so Oppa came over. Oppa is alright. Don’t need to bother about what other people think, and just date openly. Do you understand?

KS: Oppa, I’m sorry.

MD: Gosh, if you apologise to me anymore, I’m going to scold you. And, Unicorn-ssi, from now on, don’t make our KS cry. Dote on her and treat her well.

YB smiles and nods his head.

YB: I will. Anyway, CMD-ssi, are you going somewhere?

MD: What? Are you chasing me away? I’ve been away for 10 years, and just returned home. Why would I be leaving my family and going somewhere?

YB: It’s not like that. Because the way you were speaking, it seems like you are leaving.

MD: What’s wrong with one-sided love? I’m sorry, but from now on, I’m keeping an eye on you. I want to see if you treat KS well, as her brother.

YB (nodding in agreement): Yes of course.

MD: Anyway, if you don’t break up with KS, we will have to face each other from now on. Let’s get along. (YB nods again) If we don’t get along, it will just be awkward for everyone. Do you get it, KS ah?

KS: Yes, I understand, Oppa.

MD: Gosh

On the boat. MD is getting ready to leave.

YB: CMD-ssi, thank you very much, for letting OKS come to me.

MD: If you really think that way, then from now on, treat me like an elder brother. To KS, I’m like her real brother.

YS smiles and nods, and MD smiles back at him and offers YB his hand.

MD: Come on up.

YB steps down and clasps MD’s hand, and takes up his offer of help. Just as YB steps onto the boat, KS comes running.

KS: Gosh, the toilet is really far away.

YB steps up to her and offers her his hand. KS glances at MD, but MD just smiles at her. KS now smiles too and takes YB’s hand and steps onto the boat.

MD: Alright, let’s set off then.

Island

MD mum: Why did he go and pick them up? It’s so upsetting. What is his reason? Hubby, do you think he will get angry, and push KS and Top Star Young Man into the water?

MD dad: What? Is our MD such a person? The most he would do is to pull out their tongues… Oh my, they’re here. What? They look alright.

MD mum: What alright? That combination looks so awkward, extremely awkward.

MD dad: Well, Dear, quickly bring MD away, understand?

MD mum: Yes yes.

MD dad: Let’s go. Don’t let it show on your face.

Walks over to greet the trio.

YB: How do you do?

MD parents: Yes yes

KS: I’m back

MD parents: Yes yes

MD dad: KS ah, it’s good that you’re back.

MD mum: You’ve had a long journey.

MD: Why are both of you here?

MD mum: It’s to wait for you, MD. I have something important for you to do. (grabs the luggage bag from MD and pulls him away) Let’s go.

MD: What is it?

MD mum: Just come with me,

MD dad: Let’s get going too.

As MD’s dad walks off, KS looks at him with a sad and resigned expression. YB pats her back to comfort her, and smiles at her encouragingly.

YB: Well, OKS, I’m a little nervous. Will Grandma dislike me?

KS: No, she won’t. She quite likes Top Star-ssi, doesn’t she?

YB: It’s not that. I have to tell her everything about my family. She won’t object, right?

KS: Gosh, she won’t object because of that. That’s not Top Star-ssi’s fault.

YB sighs and adjusts his tie nervously, and KS pats his shoulder to reassure him.

KS house. Grandma is grilling some food.

Grandma #2: Gosh, that looks so delicious! Sister, why are you preparing so much food?

Grandma: Isn’t our Top Star Young Man coming over today? I need to help him build up his health.

Grandma #2: Why build up his health?

DC dad: Auntie! We brought you an old hen!

DC mum: We heard that KS is bringing Top Star Young Man here.

Grandma: Yes

DC dad: This is for you to make a stew for your grandson-in-law.

Grandma: Oh yes, I didn’t think of that. Thank you so much.

Grandma #2 (giggling): Why eat the old hen? He can’t even sow his seeds.

Grandma: What have you been talking about since just now?

DC mum: What’s the matter?

Grandma #2: I don’t know, I don’t know. A EUNUCH!!!

The other three look at her.

DC mum: What are you talking about?

Grandma #2: Sister, Top Star Young Man is a eunuch! (DC’s dad gasps in shock) I heard him say it himself. It’s true!

Grandma looks stunned, and hangs her head, upset at the news. DC’s parents looked shocked too.

Grandma: What should we do about this? Our KS has always been very lonely since young. She must have a big family after she gets married.

Just then, MD’s dad arrives with YB and KS.

MD: Mother, the children are here! Children.

KS: Grandma, I’m home.

YB: Hello.

Grandma: Yes

MD dad: But, is there something wrong?

Grandma (to YB and KS): I need to talk to you about something.

Islanders: Gosh, what to do? Gosh.

YB and KS kneel down in front of Grandma while the other islanders watch.

MD dad: KS, what’s going on?

DC dad: Top Star, Eunuch, eunuch, eunuch!

MD dad: Are you serious?

Grandma: Well, I’ve heard. About Top Star Young Man’s pain.

YB: Oh, you’ve already heard about it? I was going to tell Grandma about it personally.

Grandma: Yes, is that so? Was it an accident?

YB: Yes

Grandma: Ah. When did it happen?

YB: When I was 14.

Islanders: That was when he was in his prime! His prime!

Grandma: When you were so young? Was it both sides?

YB: No it wasn’t. Just one side.

Grandma: Ah, just one side. But that must be difficult too. Difficult.

YB: No, it’s not (difficult). I’m alright.

Grandma: No, I’m really feeling sad for you. Top Star Young Man, you really are a mature, handsome, and accomplished man. After spending all these time together, feelings have grown, and I’m quite fond of you.

YB: Thank you.

Grandma: I object! I cannot give permission for you to be together!

YB looks at KS in shock.

YB: What?

KS: Grandma!

Grandma: This pain, I cannot accept it. Our KS has been lonely since she was young. After she gets married, she must have a big family, and lead a loud and lively life. So, that… that thing… I’m sorry.

YB: Grandma, I will work harder.

Islanders: Gosh, that’s not something you can work hard at. / What’s the point of working hard? / Working harder won’t solve the problem. / So what if he works hard everyday?

KS: Yes, Grandma. I’m alright with it.

Grandma: You knew about it?

KS: Yes, well. This time when I went to Seoul, I found out the specifics.

Grandma: Aiya! KS ah! You can’t! (to YB) Top Star Young Man, you suffered coming here, but you must go back to Seoul. I can accept anything, but I cannot accept a eunuch! I’m sorry. (gets up and runs off)

Islanders: Gosh, Auntie.

KS: Grandma, Grandma! (gets up to chase after Grandma) Oh my oh my!

Islanders: Be careful.

YB: Wait a minute. Eu… eunuch. What does that mean?

DC dad: Gosh, you. Grandma heard you talking about it on the phone.

YB: What? (suddenly recalls his conversation with NJ) I’m not a eunuch! It’s a dating eunuch! But she misunderstood it as a eunuch. (I think in Seoul, the young people use the slang “dating eunuch” to describe someone with no dating experience)

Islanders: Isn’t a dating eunuch a eunuch? / Yes, a eunuch!

YB: No! Well. That is. Nowadays, the young people use that word to describe someone who is really bad at something. So, if someone does not know how to dress, he is a fashion eunuch! If he doesn’t know how to cook, he is a cooking eunuch! It’s like that. My friend was mocking for not knowing how to date, so he called me a dating eunuch.

Islanders are stumped.

MD dad: Then let me ask you this. There’s nothing wrong with you, and you’re strong and healthy, right?

YB: Of course. There’s nothing wrong with me, and I’m strong and healthy.

Islanders: Gosh, that’s great! That’s great! / That’s so fortunate! / He said he can do it. / Gosh, we misunderstood him.

YB can only nod his head in relief.

Grandma #2: Everyone is really… something. Why do you use words like eunuch? Eunuch, it’s not a good thing to say!

DC mum: Yes, that’s’ right! If you don’t know how to date, then you can say dating idiot, or dating deficient. Won’t that do?

DC dad: Gosh, you are too much saying that. What idiot, and deficient? It’s just a little clumsy. You can say dating dumb dumb! It’s only at that level!

MD dad: You’re right! Dating dumb dumb!

Islanders: Dumb dumb is good! / dating dumb dumb! (all clap)

DC dad: It’s fortunate that he’s not a eunuch!

KS is sitting with Grandma.

Grandma: JP ah, what should we do?

KS: Grandma, it’s cold. Let’s go back. Gosh, I already said I’m ok with it, why are you like this?

Grandma: KS ah, I’m sorry. After I die, I can’t even face your parents. I object! I’m sorry, KS.

MD dad (Over the PA system): Let me talk about something really personal. Mother, there is some misunderstanding. Go home quickly, go home.

MD and his mum are out walking DC’s dad’s goats.

MD: What is so important about walking DC’s dad’s goats?                       

MD dad (Over the PA system): Mother, Top Star Young Man is not a eunuch!

MD mum: What?

MD: What is he saying?

MD dad (Over the PA system): Auntie (Grandma #2) misunderstood dating eunuch as a eunuch. (MD and mum start smiling) A dating eunuch, is not a eunuch. (YB is out walking and covers his ears to block out the embarrassment) It’s a word used by young people to describe someone who is not good at dating.

MD: Ha!

MD mum: What is all this?

YB: Gosh, seriously! Everybody here…

MD dad (Over the PA system): So the conclusion is, Top Star Young Man is not a eunuch, he’s a dating dumb dumb!

YB stares in horror at MD.

MD dad (Over the PA system): That’s it. The end.

YB: No, it’s not.

MD: Gosh, so you’re a dating dumb dumb!

MD mum: What are you doing?

YB: No I’m not. I’m not a dating dumb dumb.

Grandma: Top Star Young Man!

KS: Top Star-ssi!

Grandma: Top Star Young Man! I misunderstood you! (holds YB’s hand and pats it) I misunderstood you. What should I do?

KS: I told you it’s not like that.

Grandma: What’s that? Dumb dumb.

Meanwhile, MD is still staring at them. MD’s mum tries to divert his attention away, and failing to do so, slaps him.

MD mum: Gosh, don’t misunderstand. We’re going now.

MD: Mum, why did you slap my face?

MD mum: I have something important for you to do. Come quickly.

MD: Mum, how can you hit my face?

MD mum: So noisy! (pulls him away) Come with me!

YB clears his throat.

MD asks his mum if she did that because she didn’t want him to see KS and YB together. Mum denies this and says that she has chores for him to do. When he asks what it is, she says that they have to take the chickens for a walk. MD reassures his mum that he is ok, and tells her not to do that again. Mum tells him that she doesn’t want him to feel awkward, and MD replies that she’s making it more awkward by doing things like that. He tells her that he will take care of it, and asks her not to worry and just act naturally.

KS house. Grandma, KS and YB are having a meal. Grandma serves YB a big chicken drumstick.

Grandma: Here you go! Eat up! I’m really sorry. I almost caused the both of you to break up for no reason.

YB: It’s alright. When the elders hear that, they are bound to misunderstand. But, OKS, you misunderstood too? Isn’t that a bit too much?

KS: Gosh, that. I didn’t know anything.

Grandma: But, Top Star Young Man, what is the pain you suffered when you were young?

YB: When I was 14, my father passed away due to an accident.

Grandma: Oh dear, you must have suffered a lot when you were young. You mum must have suffered a lot too. A woman having to raise a child alone, will have a lot of worries she can’t express. I want to make a trip to Seoul. Can you let me meet with your mum once?

YB: Ah, yes, Yes. (KS smiles in relief)

Grandma: A tree will bear flowers and fruits according to the four seasons. A person is also not born for nothing. Gosh, she really raised her son so well for him to become so accomplished, and even sent him here to KS, so I should give you a nice hot meal, shouldn’t I?

KS: Grandma, let Top Star-ssi eat first.

Grandma: I’m such a nosey old lady. Eat quickly, eat.

YB: This, Grandma, please accept this.

Grandma: What is this?

YB: A present, so that Grandma will like me.

Grandma: Why did you get me a present? I like you even if you didn’t get me one. Gosh, seriously. (pulls out a black coat) Oh my, wow.

YB smiles happily to see Grandma so happy, and KS smiles at him. YB looks at KS and breathes out a sigh of relief.

Grandma: So pretty.

Teacher goes to the clinic to look for Doc, but when she hears him knocking, she grabs her coat and escapes out the window. Teacher opens the door and tries to stop her, but she manages to escape anyway. Teacher watches her run away, and asks himself if she was really that embarrassed that she can’t even face him anymore.

KS room

KS opens a drawer and pulls out the bank account book given to her by MD’s dad. Grandma glances at her.

Grandma: Are you going over to MD’s?

KS: Yes, I want to return this to Ahjussi.

Grandma: Yes, you should. My heart aches when I think about MD. Go and come back quickly.

KS: I’ll be back soon.

KS walks out of her room to see YB sitting outside waiting for her. He turns to look at her, and without saying anything, they both understand what each other wants to say. He nods at her, and she gives him a smile before leaving. YB stares after her, a sad expression on his face.

MD’s house

KS returns the bank book to MD’s dad.

MD dad: What are you doing now? Why are you returning this to me?

KS: I think it’s right to return this to you.

MD dad: Right? You are not marrying MD, so are you going to cut ties with me too?

KS: It’s not like that. I can’t accept this money. What right do I have to accept this money?

MD: I’m going to be upset if you think that way. I said before, I’m not giving you this money as my daughter-in-law. Now I’m marrying off my daughter. As your father, can’t I even give you this? I haven’t done much for you before. Now that I’ve done this for you, I can have the right to hold your hand and walk into the wedding hall. When you get married, are you not planning to hold on to your father’s arm when you walk down the aisle?

KS: Ahjussi

MD dad: KS ah, if I was the one who died that day, and not your dad, your dad would have done the same for our MD. After you and MD have broken up, our relationship has now become clearer. I am now your real father! Here, take it, take it. Gosh.

KS arrives home and YB, who has been waiting for her, gets up to go to her. KS starts to cry, and YB looks at the bank book she is still clutching. He looks at her tenderly, then walks close to her to wipe her tears away. He strokes her hair, then envelopes her in a hug, comforting her while she cries.

Agency

NJ looks into a mirror, remembering all the praise that the islanders have heaped on him. He breaks open a dumpling (Mandoo), trying to look sexy. CEO and DC just stare at him blankly.

NJ: I’m a Man-Chin Nam.

CEO: Yeah, you’re a Man-Chin Nam! (In Korean, Man in Manhwa sounds like Man in Mandoo. CEO is saying that NJ is a Mandoo-tearing man.) A man who tears up mandoo! What have you been doing since just now? You’re scaring me!

NJ: Practising the actions for the dumplings advertisement. How is it? Will all the dumplings be sold after the advertisement airs? Don’t say anything. No matter what, you will say something nasty. But it’s really strange. You are also from Yoojik Island, why don’t you see me as a Man-Chin Nam? Don’t say anything. Your opinion doesn’t matter. I will just think of myself as a Man-Chin Nam.

NJ tears open a dumpling again, and both CEO and DC lose their appetite.

Grandma #1 and #2 are doing some math homework.

Grandma #2: DM is so lucky, he doesn’t have any holiday homework. Sister, should we ask for a holiday too?

Grandma #1: Are we students? It’s because it’s the holidays that Teacher Kang can teach us more. I think it’s pretty great.

Grandma #2: Sister, do you really like learning that much?

Grandma #1: Yes, it’s quite fun. I can think of the times when I was young, and doing these mathematical sums can help to prevent dementia.

Grandma #2 disturbs Grandma #1.

Grandma #1: Gosh, what are you doing?

Grandma #2: I don’t know! This is not fun. Did you solve many questions? Let me take a look, Sister.

Grandma #1: Gosh, you fox.

Grandma #2 starts copying some Korean characters on her sheet of paper.

Grandma #1: Gosh, why did you copy my name too?

Grandma #2 (giggling): Ah, yes yes yes!

Grandma #1: Gosh, so mischievous! Gosh.

Grandma #2 erases off what she wrote.

Grandma #2: Sister, what is my name?

Grandma #1: Don’t you know?

Grandma #2: Sister

Grandma #1: Did you really forget?

Clinic

Doc is doing a dementia test for Grandma #2. Doc asks for her name, and she can remember. Doc asks her for today’s date, and she knows that it’s January, but doesn’t know the date because she didn’t look at the calendar. Doc reassures her that it’s alright because she often forgets the date too. Doc hands her a piece of paper and instructs her to fold it in half and put it on her lap. Grandma #2 takes it, but can’t seem to remember the instruction she just heard. Next, Doc places three items on the bed – candy, a ballpen and a coin. Doc then covers the items with the paper and asks Grandma #2 what the three items are. She can only remember the candy and ballpen. Doc writes a score: 21/30 on her form, and Grandma #1 asks if it’s dementia. Doc asks them not to worry; even though this preliminary test shows that it could be dementia, it’s better to get a complete check-up at a hospital to see which stage of dementia it is. Grandma #2 is really worried and starts crying. Doc offers to write her a follow-up letter to a professor she knows, so that Grandma #2 can see the doctor quickly. Grandma #2 breaks down and Grandma #1 comforts her. Doc feels sad as she watches them. Alone in the clinic, Doc looks at the form again. She sighs, then says that Grandma #2 is lucky that she’s not alone. Doc stares for a while at a toothbrush in a cup, then picks up the phone. Teacher comes in, and overhears Doc asking for a hospital that can accept someone as soon as possible. He looks shaken at the thought that Doc is leaving the island because of what happened at the hotel. He starts blaming himself – for following her into the male toilet, for kicking the pig bladder at her, and for rejecting her.

YB is sleeping in his room while KS watches him.

KS: You are really so handsome. A broad forehead, a sharp nose, and those lips… (recalls their kiss at Sky Park)

KS puckers up her lips and leans slowly towards YB’s face.

Grandma: Time to eat!

YB wakes up and sees KS’s face really near his. Both of them get a shock.

KS: Oh my! (falls backwards) Oh my oh my oh my!

She gets up and flees the room, but trips over the door frame. She clutches her foot in pain and hops back to her own room.

KS: Ouch! Pain! Pain! Oh my oh my oh my!

Once she reaches her room, she shuts the door. YB stares at her in wonder. Grandma looks at him, wondering what KS is doing, but YB doesn’t know either.

The next day, Doc goes to Grandma #1 and #2 and tells them that she has arranged for Grandma #2 to get her check-up done at Kang-Il Hospital the next day. She says that she will accompany them there the next morning. Grandma #2 thanks her, and Doc reassures her again, telling her not to worry. She tells her that stress is not good for one’s health, and asks her to relax and have a good rest. After Doc leaves, Grandma #2 says how she takes after her mother, who died of dementia. Grandma #2 says how her mother forgot everything, but has never forgotten how she sent her daughter to be someone’s second wife because their family was so poor. Before her mother passed away, she would ask everyone she met if her daughter had given birth to a son. Her mother was afraid that she wouldn’t be treated well if she didn’t give birth to a son. She didn’t dare to return home after getting married because she had not gotten pregnant. Grandma #2 says how she would have died if Grandma #1 had not kept her in the family. Grandma #1 says how she must have been crazy, keeping the second wife in the family without knowing what she is good at. Now, she is suffering even when she is old. Grandma #2 asks Grandma #1 if she ever regretted bringing her into the family. Grandma #1 yells that she regrets it, so Grandma #2 should get her check-up and eat her medicine regularly, because she doesn’t want to clear up her urine and richard simmons when she’s already so old. Grandma #1 cries that she doesn’t want Grandma #1 to suffer, so she will remember Grandma #1’s kindness to her. Grandma #1 tells her to write in her diary everyday that Grandma #1 is someone she is thankful for, so she will never forget it. Grandma #2 says that she will and cries on Grandma #1’s shoulder.

Doc arrives at the clinic to find Teacher waiting for her. She turns to run away but is stopped by T who yells her name.

T: Aseora! Stop there! (farts)

Doc turns around in surprise.

T: Were you that embarrassed having gotten diarrhoea in front of me? (as he walks, he keeps farting) So If I keep doing this, you won’t leave Yoojik Island? (farts again)

Doc: Why did you resort to this?

T: Don’t you get it? I’m trying to make you stay. Look. (farts really loudly again)

Doc (covers her ears): Stop! All these will not work! Why are you thinking of making me stay only now? From now on, I’m no longer a woman to Teacher Kang. I want to leave.

T: If so, I will give up being a man too. (turn around and starts undoing his belt)

Doc: What are you doing now?

T: I will do exactly what you did that day, so watch carefully.

Doc: No! You can’t do that! (hugs him from behind)

T: Aseora-ssi, actually you are too good for me. So I hope that you will not remain by my side, and find a better man to live a happy life. I thought of it that way. But now, I can’t do without you, so please don’t go.

Doc: Teacher Kang

T: My heart belongs to you. I love you, Aseora-ssi.

Doc starts crying and hugs him tightly.

T: Now, have you accepted me?

Doc (nods her head): Of course.

Teacher turns around to face Doc, and they hug each other.

T: Seora-ssi, to me, you are still a flower. All the past hurtful memories, embarrassing memories, please forget all of them. From now on, we will live together happily.

Doc: Yes. Those days that passed, all… delete.

YB and KS are fishing.  KS pours a hot drink for YB and hands it to him.

YB: Seriously. Herbal soup and eggs. What a special combination.

KS: What’s so special about this? Then how do people in Seoul date?

YB (sits down beside KS): Watch a movie, drive around in the car.

KS: Yeah, but we can’t do that on the island. What else?

YB: And, hold hands like this, and kiss… (looks over at KS)

KS stops eating her egg and looks at YB. YB leans in slowly, and KS closes her eyes. He gets really near her face, but turns away at the last minute.

YB: Oh gosh. You look so pretty, I almost skipped past the stages. It was too dangerous. I’m sorry. We promised to just hold hands. (smiles at KS)

KS (smiles back): Well, I’ve thought about it. The stages I mentioned…

YB (jumps up suddenly): Oh, I caught something! I caught something!

KS: Oh my oh my!

YB: I caught something!

KS: Oh my!

YB: Wow, OKS, this time it must be a big one! Wow, look at that, it’s huge, really huge!

As YB reels in his catch excitedly, KS looks a bit put off.

KS (talking to YB in her mind): You said that there is no going backwards in skinship. What is this now?

YB: Look, look!

KS (thinking to herself): He seems to have lost the enthusiasm.

YB: So big, so big! Look at this! Taebak!

YB and KS are walking back after their fishing date.

KS (talking to YB in her mind): Didn’t you say that two people who are in love will want to hug and kiss each other? Didn’t you say that this is a person’s natural instinct?

YB: OKS, this is the first time in my life that I caught so many fish.

KS (thinking to herself): Seriously, why did I say that I want to start slowly from the beginning? Now I can’t even kiss him. I talked too much, talked too much.

YB: If we use this to make a stew, we can make a really big pot of it. Shall we get everyone here, and have a feast?

KS: Yes yes, you must think it’s really fun.

YB: What’s with you? Are you in a bad mood?

KS: It’s not that.

YB: Anyway, I really caught a lot of fish today. I’m the King of Fishing! King of Fishing! (walks off ahead while KS stops in her tracks)

KS (thinking about what YB said): I won’t do anything that you are not willing to do. But if you are willing, no matter what it is that you want me to do, I will do it for you. (to herself) That’s right. When were you ever a girl who waits for a man to take the initiative, and waits for a man to help? I am someone who is brave enough to say what I want. I’m a modern woman who speaks her mind! (starts yelling after YB) I really want! (sticks up her right arm) I really really want this! Now I finally understand that there’s no going backwards for skinship. (YB starts smiling in amusement) Everytime I see you, I want to hug you, and kiss you. I keep thinking about kissing you every single moment, and I’m going crazy!

YB: What?

MD’s parents are covering his ears with seashells and making funny noises so that he cannot hear what KS is saying. KS turns around to see that MD and his parents, Grandma, DC’s parents and DM have overheard everything she said.

KS: Oh my! Oh my! What am I to do? I’m going crazy! Oh my oh my oh my! (runs off at top speed)

YB: OKS wait for me! I want it too! I really really want it too! How can you run off after saying all that? Wait for me! (runs after KS)

Grandma: Is that really my grand-daughter KS?

DC dad: What an amazing person!

DC mum: Woman of a new era, indeed!

MD: Gosh, I can hear everything! You shouldn’t have covered my ears! You should have covered the ears of the child!

DC: Gosh, Uncle, I know the things that I should know.

MD: Dad, Mum, I’m really alright. Please don’t exaggerate!  

DC dad: Yes, Hyung, Sister-in-law, the more you do this, the more MD will suffer. MD ah, you must work hard.

DC mum: Work hard!

MD: Ah, I’m really ok! What’s wrong with everyone? I’m really ok, but everyone is acting like I’m not. Gosh, I’m going crazy! Gosh, you’re really driving me crazy! (gets up and leaves)

MD parents: MD ah

MD: Oh my oh my! I can’t stay here anymore!

DC’s parents: MD ah, work hard!

Dinner time at KS’s house. Grandma has cooked congee with a whole octopus inside, as well as a spicy fish stew.

YB: Wow

Grandma: KS ah, aren’t you coming out for dinner?

KS: I’m not hungry!

YB (snickering): Just leave her alone.

Grandma: So why don’t you kiss her? And forced her to say such things in front of so many people. Gosh, it looks like you are really a dating idiot. You can kiss her, really!

YB: It’s not like that. We will be together our whole lives, so there is no hurry. I want to take one step at a time, slowly, and communicate with each other’s hearts and minds.

Grandma: So you wish to marry our KS, right?

YB: Of course! After we get married, we will have lots of children, and live together happily as a family. This way, OKS will never feel lonely again.

Grandma: Oh my, oh my, oh my, you’re such a good boy! Our grandson-in-law is such a good boy. Come. (starts cutting up the octopus in the congee)

YB: So now I’m not just a normal guest, but a “hundred-year guest”? (meaning son-in-law in Korean)

Grandma: Of course! So both of you can kiss all you want. I agree!

YB: Gosh, Grandma. There is no need.

Grandma: Gosh, I already said it’s ok. Just kiss!

YB: I will eat well.

Grandma feeds him more octopus.

Grandma: Come, have a bite!

Grandma #2 is writing a note to Grandma #1: I will never forget Sister’s kindness. Thank you.

She places a jade ring on her note, and cries. She gets up quietly, takes her coat and leaves.

In the secret hideout, KS is eating junk food and drinking grape juice.

KS: Gosh, I’m alive again! Gosh, what have I done? I was so embarrassed that I didn’t dare to go out for dinner. Gosh.

YB comes up to the secret hideout.

YB: So this is where you’re hiding.

KS (hiding her junk food and drink can): Oh my.

YB takes off his coat and sits down.

YB: It’s cold, cold. (lies down on KS’s lap) Ah, that feels good.

KS: Oh my, what are you doing?

YB: I closed my eyes.

KS: So?

YB: I’m giving you a chance now. This way, it’s less embarrassing, and it’s going to be very natural. This is a good chance to skip all those stages and kiss me.

KS: Gosh, seriously. What do you mean by that?

YB: Oh? My body and heart have already prepared themselves to accept OKS. (puckers up his lips) Mmm... Mmmm… Mmmmmm…

KS looks around, then bends from her waist to lean into YB, ready to kiss him. However, she can’t bend that low no matter how she tries. She keeps trying but fails. YB finally opens his eyes to look at her.

YB: What are you doing? Are you kowtowing?

KS gives up and sits up again.

KS: Gosh, it’s not that! It’s just that my legs are pressed too straight, and I can’t seem to bend over. What should I do?

YB: Why is your body so stiff?

KS: What did you say? Don’t think that every woman is very flexible.

YB: That’s strange. In the dramas, most of the woman will usually succeed. (grabs her neck and pulls her face down) Come, let’s try.

KS: Oh my!

YB: You must do it like this.

KS: Ouch! It hurts! Oh my, let go! (springs backwards)

YB sits up, exasperated.

KS: Oh my. (stretches her legs)

YB: It’s so strange. It’s supposed to be a sweet and beautiful scene. (turns to look at KS) but why does it turn into a comedy when it’s with you?

KS: Gosh, seriously. Then you go and find a gymnast who is extremely flexible to date! A gymnast! (gets up and grabs her coat to leave)

YB pulls her down into his lap.

KS: Oh my oh my!

YB: Didn’t I tell you not to go anywhere?

YB pushes KS’s hair behind her ear, then kisses her, for a very very, very long time.

After the super long kiss, YB keeps giving KS many small, sweet kisses.

KS: Alright, stop kissing already.

YB: Why? Didn’t you say that you want to kiss me every single moment? (kisses her again)

KS: Stop teasing me. Top Star-ssi, you really…

YB: Till when are you planning to call me Top Star-ssi?

KS: Then what should I call you?

YB: Mmmm… dear (cha-gi).

KS: What? Self (cha-gi)? Self means myself.

YB: If not, what do you want to call me?

KS: What should I call you? Mmmm… How about “this man”? Oy?

YB: No way! If you don’t want to call me dear, Hubby sounds good too.

KS: (laughs) What’s Hubby?

Suddenly, they hear a dog barking outside.

YB: Who’s that?

YB opens the window and looks out. He sees a man with wild-looking hair turning back to look at him.

Ep 11 preview

Grandma: He has been living on the mountain since a long time ago. But I don’t know him, and he rarely ever comes down the mountain.

YB: I’m going to go and take a look.

KS: Where are you going?

MD: Hey there!

Dr Noh: Oppa! Oppa! It’s really MD Oppa!

MD: What’s with you?

Dr Noh: If you had dated me earlier, we wouldn’t have wasted so much time.

MD: I’m really going crazy. How can there be such a person?

YB: I’m here to deliver something.

MD dad: Thank you, Top Star Young Man! I say, do I have to start calling you Minimart Young Man now?

KS: I’ve put up a photo of my new ideal type. Here it is!

YB: Hello?

KS: Ya

YB: What is OKS doing now? Are you thinking about me? I really miss my OKS.

DC: Gosh, why is Noona dressed like that today?

KS: I’m afraid I will get noticed.

KS: Ya! You two!

I like how Grandma encouraged YB to kiss KS. Now she just needs to encourage them to get busy making her some (great) grandbabies :P

I really love this line from YB - YB: Don’t worry, I won’t do anything that you are not willing to do. But if you are willing, no matter what it is that you want me to do, I will do it for you. 

Also I really loved the part with KS comforting YB, telling him what a great person he is, and to come to her whenever he feels pain. My heart burst :heart:

Ok so I was just sitting here and realized that in the preview, it's an hourglass that falls at MD's feet before he gets struck by the motorcycle. Is it possible it is the same hourglass that was YB's? In any case, I guess it's going to be symbolic since it appears it will start him on his journey to filling his heart with love. I like that.

1 hour ago, turtlegirl said:

I like how Grandma encouraged YB to kiss KS. Now she just needs to encourage them to get busy making her some (great) grandbabies :P

I really love this line from YB - YB: Don’t worry, I won’t do anything that you are not willing to do. But if you are willing, no matter what it is that you want me to do, I will do it for you. 

Also I really loved the part with KS comforting YB, telling him what a great person he is, and to come to her whenever he feels pain. My heart burst :heart:

Ok so I was just sitting here and realized that in the preview, it's an hourglass that falls at MD's feet before he gets struck by the motorcycle. Is it possible it is the same hourglass that was YB's? In any case, I guess it's going to be symbolic since it appears it will start him on his journey to filling his heart with love. I like that.

I also like this episode a lot. Not just because of the kisses, which I replayed lots of times. :love:

I liked how the islanders are very good, kind and decent people. They warmly welcomed YB when he first came to the island, took care of him and fed him. When they found out that he was the one that KS likes and KS therefore will not be marrying MD, they didn’t just simply, blindly side with MD and turn against YB because MD was one of their own. That’s why YB is so happy to remain on the island. It isn’t just because of KS. It’s also because this group of warm-hearted people have embraced him and treated him as one of their own.

MD is really a stand-up guy. No matter how much his heart was breaking, he still chose to do the right thing. I think it helped KS and YB a lot that he reached out first by telling them that he was ok. And how much did I love that manly handshake/hand grip between YB and MD. It was the perfect closure to all the fighting that they had done before. MD is not alone. His parents love him very much, the islanders are behind him, and now he has a capable pretty doctor who has never stopped liking him. 

Doc and Teacher cracked me up. I can’t believe that he used that farting method to ease her embarrassment about her toilet episode, and to tell her that they can be how they are in front of each other.Now they can stay on the island and make lots of babies too, as playmates for YB and KS’s big family. 

The grandma with dementia. Oh my. It was so heartbreaking to see the two old ladies, having depended on each other all of their lives, to have to face such a condition now. Dementia is not an easy condition for a family to deal with, as I’ve had first hand experience. I hope that Grandma doesn’t get too far, and that she will return, and maybe Doc and Teacher can help take care of her. I know that the islanders will be rallying around offering their help.

Grandma and YB are so cute together too. I’m happy that she accepted him without hesitation once she found out that he’s not a eunuch. She knows that he is a good person. And the thing that she said about his mum touched my heart. 

The parts I loved most? Our SoonBaek couple and their tender, warm, funny, sexy moments. I loved how YB was always looking at KS as if she is the most wonderful, prettiest, cutest person ever. He is so proud to be with her, and show her off. I loved how KS can just silence YB with one look. I loved how tenderly he hugs her in bed, stroking her hair. I loved the way she looked at him when she saw all the medicine he has to take. I loved all the conversations they had in his room. I loved their bickering. I loved the hug he gave her when she came back from meeting MD’s dad. I loved how she was staring at him, admiring his handsome face. I loved their fishing date, and how he echoed her words about “really really wanting it” and then proceeding to chase after her. I loved that comedic moment when KS couldn’t bend low  enough to kiss YB. I loved how their bickering at the hideout turned into a swoon worthy make out session in YB’s lap. 

One more episode left. I’m feeling melancholic already. I’m most probably going to replaying all 11 episodes over and over again until I can let YB and KS go.

While waiting for our final episode please joins us for the event that @Lmangla posted above...

giphy.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------

@joonminfan thanks loads again .

I was so moved by MD taking the high road and really showing what a great gentleman he is. His parents and the village folk too. It will be easy to see why YB  would want to spend most of his free time here as we had predicted at the very start of the drama. This will be like his second home. I really like how the story is being wrapped up. They have laid the foundations for YB and his mum to reconcile and in the preview giving MD a potential love line. Teacher and doc are finally together; all that crazy tension between them :D . They are giving closure for everyone , even our Cupid Nam Joo - lol the face of Dumplings. It's amazing how the writer and PD have been able to weave in so many comical scenes along with giving the drama so much heart. Love the idea that KS will study again and have a shot at achieving her own dreams , and not just merely being Mrs Top Star - shi. 

So my final wishes for the finale...I do want a really deep kiss among the many pecks.   A bed scene .....Also I do want that KS accept YB's proposal. A wedding scene is unlikely but just an indication that they have sealed the deal will  be fab!

4 hours ago, triplem said:

So my final wishes for the finale...I do want a really deep kiss among the many pecks.   A bed scene .....Also I do want that KS accept YB's proposal. A wedding scene is unlikely but just an indication that they have sealed the deal will  be fab!

I want to see all that too, including the one that you deleted. :relieved: ok they won’t show the actual thing but the stuff leading up to it would be good enough. :love: sorry, I’m just all excited by the new Guess the Abs Event taking place tomorrow.

I was wondering when the scene of KS with the grandma hair will appear. I was just imagining it to be at the end. She comes and sees the skinship, gets upset and then tries to headbutt YB again. But now YB has a weapon against her. He just puckers up his lips, and all is well again. :kiss_wink::lol:

Yessss bed scene hahhaha bring it! But if we can't, then one more really hot kiss would be fabulous :naughty:<-----fyi this is supposed to mean I have a head full of dirty thoughts.

Actually I was sharing a lot of clips with my friend yesterday including all the head butts. She's so good at those. Did KJS get injured during filming? Lol ouch. 

14 minutes ago, turtlegirl said:

Yessss bed scene hahhaha bring it! But if we can't, then one more really hot kiss would be fabulous :naughty:<-----fyi this is supposed to mean I have a head full of dirty thoughts.

Actually I was sharing a lot of clips with my friend yesterday including all the head butts. She's so good at those. Did KJS get injured during filming? Lol ouch. 

Do Kdramas usually show bed scenes? I’ve never seen one before. But yeah I really want one more hot kiss. No more curtains or sunlight in the way please. The way they were going at it in the hideout tells me that it can be a lot more passionate and intense. Don’t get me wrong, I love the sweet kisses. But I’m sure there’s a lot of passion in our SoonBaek couple too.

:naughty: <— right back at you @turtlegirl ! :lol:

YB was sitting on the left facing the window when they were having that long deep kiss but when he gave KS those sweet cute pecks he was on the right with the window behind him. Ehm so maybe that hot kiss led to something? And that scene with dozens of pecks happened after that? Ok that's only my imagination lol

35 minutes ago, autumnflowers said:

YB was sitting on the left facing the window when they were having that long deep kiss but when he gave KS those sweet cute pecks he was on the right with the window behind him. Ehm so maybe that hot kiss led to something? And that scene with dozens of pecks happened after that? Ok that's only my imagination lol

I absolutely love your imagination!!! :relieved: now I’m just waiting for the bts of the kiss. I was trying to count how angles the kiss was filmed from, so that I know at least how many takes they took. But I got distracted. Even after watching it countless times. :love:

3 hours ago, joonminfan said:

Do Kdramas usually show bed scenes?

hmm sometimes..but not super explicit of course but you know enough to confirm that the deed was done . Jugglers ( KBS drama) and Tomorrow With You ( tvn ) , Suspicious Partner (SBS) , Misty ( JTBC)  are some examples. But female lead is usually fully covered.  Sample from Tomorrow With You ( recommend this if you like fantasy romance. One of my fave romance stories and best OTP)

Spoiler

From 4th minute

----------------------------

Love how  the Island Virgin demonstrated her changing emotion in this gif...top star shi seems very kissable , it would have been a crime if she shoved him off again :P

2rl7pi.gif

2rl89m.gif

2rl8n1.gif

15 minutes ago, turtlegirl said:

After about my 30th viewing, I noticed some discontinuity with the hand placements. They definitely did a few takes! Hehehe

they had to breath you know :lol:...one minute kiss in drama land is how many minutes IRL ? I can imagine how many takes...I remember on one of my dramas last year, there was this kiss where the OTP needed to hold one angle for more than 30seconds...TVN even did a countdown in their BTS :lol:. KJS did an elevator kiss in Another Miss Oh and in the BTS they took more than 30 minutes to shoot the scene :w00t:. In an interview, he said he and the actress had swollen lips after that.

:P *phew!* managed to get to see with subs (surprisingly earlier than i expected hahaa:lol:).

This scene is a twist ya? Super embarassing :sweatingbullets::sweat_smile:

uCWEwxd.jpg

Tm8ESRS.jpg

:grimace: and this is super funny (n cute :tongue:) :

fqlE4B2.jpg

Cr clip:

Spoiler

*whisper* @triplem have u tried this position? Ok ok *piak!* (slaps forehead)

:tounge_xd:

1 hour ago, heyyoooo said:
TVN giving us the much needed compilation. Lol 

BTS next please haha

I tried to translate the hashtags:

#comforting_hug

#chopsu_kiss

#sunrise_kiss

#heart-fluttering_pecks

#patpat_hug (I think pat pat refers to the way that YB was stroking KS’s hair while hugging her)

#attic_kiss

#repeatedly (my dictionary translated it to repeatedly / in one breathe, so I guess to refers to the many many kisses YB gave KS)

haha this is all I understood. I second you @heyyoooo! I need the bts of the kiss scene so badly!

Archived