[Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이

larus

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This drama is so good and healing, it reminds me of Weightlifting Fairy Kim BokJoo and Jealousy Incarnate. I watched the live stream, and the funniest scenes were kangsoon confessing to yoobaek in front of madol and most of the villagers, when kangsoon hit her foot and hopped across to the other room after almost kissing yoobaek, and when the misunderstanding about yoobaek was announced over loud speaker for the whole island to hear.

Just a reminder about the DVD Demand  Survey, please participate if you can. The dvd can include many extras like unreleased bts/making videos, deleted & extended scenes, cast commentary & interviews, outtakes/NGs, poster, photobook, autographed photo cards, & maybe even eng subs. You can fill out the survey now here: http://m.cafe.daum.net/topstarUBDVD and decide later if you'll purchase it or not. If you can't read Korean use Google Chrome Browser to translate. You need to make a Daum account & use your cell phone number to confirm with a code sent to you, then fill out the survey under "Making DVD Wish" with your real name, quantity & email, remember to mark "Secret" so your info is kept private.

@triplem Can you describe the bts video that was deleted in more detail? I am waiting for more bts, and sad to have missed it.

@stroppyse  Please can you help me translate the sentences in the photo link below? I would like to edit it in English for international fans. Thank you.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsqMIHRHFIf/

This is the preview vid at the end of the episode that I saw raw which is translation given  by @stroppyse

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

(Looks as if YB is going to go tresspassing)
Sign: Private, No trespassing allowed
Grandmother: There in the mountain, someone from Seoul is said to live there, but I don’t know very well, since he doesn’t come down to the village at all.
YB: I think I have to go down.
KS: Where to?

(MD ends up at the hospital where the doctor flirts with him.)
MD: Excuse me!
Doctor: Oppa! Oppa!
Doctor: It is Ma Dol oppa!
MD: Hey, who are you?
Doctor: If you had already been dating me, then there wouldn’t have been any time wasted.
MD: I’m going to go crazy. How can there be someone like that?!

(YB on the island)
YB: A package delivery has arrived!
Man: Thank you, Top Star Bachelor! (me: Any unmarried man is just called “bachelor”. It doesn’t have any other specific connotations. it's casual and comfortable appellation without the implied closeness and intimacy of using his given name. They’ll call him that until he gets married. Then, he’ll be referred to as the “groom” or the “husband” until he has a child, at which point, he’ll be known as his first child’s father. Just customary.)
Man: Hey, should we be calling him Super Bachelor now?

(YB and KS scene.)
KS: I’ve put up a new picture of my ideal man.
KS: Here it is! (It’s a pic of YB.)
YB: (on phone) Hello?
KS: (on phone) Hey.
YB: (on phone) Oh Kang Soon, what were you doing? Were you thinking about me?
YB: (on phone) Oh, I want to see you, my Oh Kang Soon.
Man: Oh my, where are you going like that?
KS: It’s because I might get caught. (LOL. She’s in disguise as an ajumma!)
KS: Yah! You rotten ones! (having caught sight of YB’s skinship with another woman, probably filming something. :) )

2 hours ago, turtlegirl said:

I suddenly just remembered.....what did they decide KS should call YB at the end (instead of Top Star)? I'm very curious now. Does anyone know???

She didn’t want to call him “jagiya” ...she said  “keja “ - I hv no idea what the heck that means it’s in the vid that @heyyoooo posted above. 

@topstarubdvd I did not watch the entire BTS ...it had MD & his mum with the goats , there was a scene of YB during the misunderstanding of his impotency , then there was a super long scene of KJS & JSM digging in to the chicken / food after the filming with grandma ( they were seriously hungry & didn’t care that they being filmed , so happy eating ) ...that’s all I saw . There was more   . I believe they will repost it later . 

Wow! Really a lot of translations here. Love it!

I'm at episode 8. I just had to write again because of the fireworks kissing scene in ep 5. That scene really really made my heart flutter so much! Actually, there are a lot of scenes that made me giggle a lot. I just can't name it all. I've never felt this way about a romcom for a long time. Their chemistry is just.. WOW!

BTW, how long does it usually take for subs to come out? Coz I'll be reaching ep 10 soon. I hope it doesn't take long. Gosh, it will be so hard to wait for a week for the finale... :bawling: 

6 hours ago, triplem said:

My next rom com will be Touch Your Heart...

but what I can do is I’ll revive KJS actor’s thread ( it’s not been updated for years ) & we can spazz there if you guys wanna go beyond this drama 

Oh please do! I had a hard time finding the thread, and when I stumbled upon it, it was not updated at all. I’m not ready to let them go yet too, my beautiful SoonBaek.

@triplem @turtlegirl I was wondering what drama to watch next. I may join you to watch Touch Your Heart then. I’ve never watched Goblin but I like both YIN and LDW, so I may join you in the thread. It will be fun!

and @tibba @heyyoooo @RobinM I spazzed so much after watching the kiss scenes. Those are definitely going to be on replay mode. I wonder if KJS is going to beat HSJ’s record on 1% of Something? I’m most probably biased, but I think KJS had more heart-fluttering chemistry with JSM. 

10 minutes ago, joonminfan said:

and @tibba @heyyoooo @RobinM I spazzed so much after watching the kiss scenes. Those are definitely going to be on replay mode. I wonder if KJS is going to beat HSJ’s record on 1% of Something? I’m most probably biased, but I think KJS had more heart-fluttering chemistry with JSM. 

I also watched 1% of something. The kissing scenes were really intense in that drama but I also find that JSM has better chemistry with KJS.. 

24 minutes ago, joonminfan said:

h please do! I had a hard time finding the thread, and when I stumbled upon it, it was not updated at all. I’m not ready to let them go yet too, my beautiful SoonBaek.

@triplem @turtlegirl I was wondering what drama to watch next. I may join you to watch Touch Your Heart then. I’ve never watched Goblin but I like both YIN and LDW, so I may join you in the thread. It will be fun!

Okay will look into updating it ...yes come join me there . It was my ship in Goblin 

...all right I cannot believe I’m saying this about my baby Ha seok jin ( sorry oppa , I still Love you ) .. :lol:..I find myself liking this OTP’s pairing a bit more . KJS - JSM chemie is really well matched both on & off screen . And I actually prefer TOP star Shi & how he fought for KS , how soft he is around KS . Jae In in 1% was a bit more Chauvinistic ( oh god , I can’t believe I’m saying this . 1% is one of my favourite rom-coms :lol:

@jhjsw You can expect subbed eps 10 to be out earliest next Friday , that has been the trend. Currently it’s only up to eps 9

thanks for the explanation @stroppyse oh Kang soon is one strange girl sometimes :D 

19 minutes ago, topstarubdvd said:

@stroppyse  Thank you for translating. You're a great help, i hope to share this info. 

@triplem Thank you for the description. I thought we'd have to wait til next week, but I just checked and they posted it on naver https://tv.naver.com/v/5100115 & youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU-g5MRY_1U

Yes , thanks dear. saw it on FB

Yes @joonminfan!!  

I have been rewatching the ending kiss so many times now ! I want the BTS ....they were practically making out 

Just now, triplem said:

Yes , thanks dear. saw it on FB

Yes @joonminfan!!  

I have been rewatching the ending kiss so many times now ! I want the BTS ....they were practically making out 

I’m not in a place where I can watch the BTS and squee and swoon to my heart’s content. I will do so later when no one can see me looking lovestruck and silly. :love:

1 hour ago, triplem said:

Okay will look into updating it ...yes come join me there . It was my ship in Goblin 

...all right I cannot believe I’m saying this about my baby Ha seok jin ( sorry oppa , I still Love you ) .. :lol:..I find myself liking this OTP’s pairing a bit more . KJS - JSM chemie is really well matched both on & off screen . And I actually prefer TOP star Shi & how he fought for KS , how soft he is around KS . Jae In in 1% was a bit more Chauvinistic ( oh god , I can’t believe I’m saying this . 1% is one of my favourite rom-coms :lol:

Weighing in here in agreement and disbelief! I loved 1% and JSM's pairing with HSJ too, but the chemistry of KJS - JSM has really grown on me and I prefer Yoo Baek's personality.:)

My memory isn't the greatest and this show has been going on for a while because of the once a week schedule, so can someone remind me where Yoo Baek got the painting that hangs in his bedroom? The one that appears to be a view of the bay on the island? And where did his dad go? Did he die?

I guess I need to wait for the subs to get clues, but maybe the mystery man on the island is his dad?

Hello, my name is turtlegirl and I admit I have an obsession. See, I have been watching Top Star Yoo Baek videos the entire day. But please, I do not wish to be cured of this obsession, at least not until I have watched the kissing videos a sufficient (500??) number of times. 

I also have an obsession with amazing bodies of men with the initials KJS. I do not wish to ever be cured of this obsession. 

Thank you for listening to my hardships! 

:D

19 minutes ago, jd50 said:

Weighing in here in agreement and disbelief! I loved 1% and JSM's pairing with HSJ too, but the chemistry of KJS - JSM has really grown on me and I prefer Yoo Baek's personality.:)

My memory isn't the greatest and this show has been going on for a while because of the once a week schedule, so can someone remind me where Yoo Baek got the painting that hangs in his bedroom? The one that appears to be a view of the bay on the island? And where did his dad go? Did he die?

I guess I need to wait for the subs to get clues, but maybe the mystery man on the island is his dad?

I don’t think we were told where the painting is from, in the last 9 episodes. But yes, YB’s dad passed away when he was 14.

A few of us were speculating that the mystery man could be KS’s dad. I’m really interested to know who he is.

15 minutes ago, turtlegirl said:

Hello, my name is turtlegirl and I admit I have an obsession. See, I have been watching Top Star Yoo Baek videos the entire day. But please, I do not wish to be cured of this obsession, at least not until I have watched the kissing videos a sufficient (500??) number of times. 

I also have an obsession with amazing bodies of men with the initials KJS. I do not wish to ever be cured of this obsession. 

Thank you for listening to my hardships! 

:D

Lol! My dear, I am right there with you. I’m actually in KJS heaven right now. I loved him in 20th Century Boy and Girl because he was such a sweetheart, but KJS as YB made me love him even more. He’s sweet, smexy and all kinds of wonderful. My brain is so fuzzy right now after replaying the kiss scene that I’m no longer coherent. I want to gush about him but I shall refrain. :love:

Honest this is my first time ever seeing KJS. I'm basically in love now tho. Guess I'll be watching his other dramas here soon! I know what you mean about the kiss scene. I may have inserted myself in KS' place in my head. I may or may not have also been moving my lips in motion like I was kissing him. :relieved:

Lol anyways. Along with wanting to know who the mystery man is, I also want to know where sick old lady is planning on going. She left in the middle of the night. There's no way for her to get off the island. Why do I feel like she's going to stay with mystery man? But then, why would she do that? Hmmm. I have to think about this more...

1 minute ago, turtlegirl said:

Honest this is my first time ever seeing KJS. I'm basically in love now tho. Guess I'll be watching his other dramas here soon! I know what you mean about the kiss scene. I may have inserted myself in KS' place in my head. I may or may not have also been moving my lips in motion like I was kissing him. :relieved:

Lol anyways. Along with wanting to know who the mystery man is, I also want to know where sick old lady is planning on going. She left in the middle of the night. There's no way for her to get off the island. Why do I feel like she's going to stay with mystery man? But then, why would she do that? Hmmm. I have to think about this more...

My Dear, you have GOT to watch 20th Century B&G. He’s smexy there too, although he doesn’t get to show off his abs. And he speaks a little more English in his role and it was OMG so sexy. 

@triplem any other shows with Oppa that you would recommend? I only watched him in 20th Century and the really old Likeable or Not. I was going to start Rebel in which he plays a psycho king but I was distracted by Top Star-ssi. Ok I’d better stop gushing about KJS here since it’s a drama thread.

I was wondering why they would put in that story about Grandma #2 at this point. I suspect she is suffering from dementia, and not just memory loss. That’s why she was crying so badly and wanting to leave, because she doesn’t want to be a burden to Grandma #1. Just one more ep so how are they going to resolve this?

I think for now I prefer the kiss scenes in 1%, but only because the director for Top Star doesn't give us enough close-ups. Stop panning out and give us clearer cuts please! I get so frustrated whenever the sunlight or curtains block our view of this kiss ugh. Someone on DC counted and that last kiss with all those heart fluttering pecks had a whopping 21 pecks in total! Swooooon :wub: I've rewatched the kisses an embarrassing number of times lol. 

I have to say though that KJS and JSM have ridiculous chemistry. I suspected they'd have explosive chemistry but I'm surprised they're this good. They seem to have a great time working together and it shows, and it'd be nice if they reunite in another drama a few years down the road. I read on DC that they were asked during the wrapup party if they'd like to work together in future, they both said yes they want to work on a (deep) melodrama. Don't think my heart can take it any more tears from them but I'd watch the heck out of that drama if it happens :phew:

Also I loved this scene, where Yoobaek tells Kangsoon about his mum and she tells him that despite what he thinks, he's a good person. And in future she'll get through difficult times with him. Such a poignant moment, they're so good for each other like I can see Yoobaek's heart healing and seeking comfort from Kangsoon here. So beautiful. 

6MXVfsj.jpg

I agree it's a lot to resolve in a short amount of time. That's why I think mystery man won't be someone hugely shocking. An exile from Seoul though, it is very curious....

I also hope we get a little bit more time for YB to spend with his mom and KS to meet her too. 

What other loose ends need tying up? 

I think now we may get a time jump. Since KS does not want to marry YB till she's done with her studies, well, that could take a few years. Tho we may not see them married at all, I just feel like we will. I wonder when KS' red carpet debut will happen too. 

So much to think about before next Friday! Well, to think about in between watching that kiss scene, of course :rolleyes:

Ok. Im done with ep 9. Should've waited for another week b4 watching it. If only I knew it was 11 episodes and not 10. :bawling: Now I have to wait for 1 more week. Im gonna binge watch both 10 and 11. Hahaha. Didn't know I would love this drama so much. I even downloaded the OSTs. Well, time to check out 20th Century Girl and Boy. Oh KJS... where have you been all this time???!!! He should've gotten more lead roles before. Looking back at Angel Eyes, I think I will ship him more now with the female lead if I watch it again now that I am bias. :D

Archived