[Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이

larus

oooh yeah my bad.. didn't stalk the IG.. thank you :)

you're right if there were 9 or 10 years old kids it will be a big time jump.. So im just gonna wait Oh Kang Soon in ahjumma style

29 minutes ago, triplem said:

I don’t think there’ll be such a big time jump. Those kids look at least 9 or 10. Could be more people moving back to the island ..or tourists? 

Edit - did some stalking of the ig handle & one of the kids seem to be the IG owner’s kid. And it seems the house they use belongs to her ( if the IG translation is to be believed)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol to be fair, she did spend the night with a wild wolf, at said wolf's abode. Wonder what he did that she's all 'wait up let's go slow', before she couldn't take it no more and yells at him to hurry up and have his way with her.  Somehow I don't think we're getting that deep kiss at Yoobaek's house. I hope I'm wrong though :joy:

Kangsoon will probably only do something wild after she capitulates to the dark side. So... after the yelling saga? Just give us one hot kiss at least! 

Oooh I love the BTS. They are so fun to watch. I don't think we will get a hot kiss on YB's bed, at least not yet. Most likely he will go in for it and that's when she will say she wants to take it slow so they can torture us some more. Tho I am looking forward to the scene where she can't hold in her sexual frustration any more haha. I don't see why they won't give us at least one good hot scene tho. They have certainly been hinting at it a lot. 

I hope the mysterious mountain man doesn't just disappear from the story. I want to know who he is! I liked the idea of it being KS' father, but I don't think we have enough time for something as dramatic as that to be revealed. It seems like it would be a weird twist to stick in at this point. But I really have no other offerings at this point. Maybe if mom moves to the island, it can be someone for her to fall in love with lol I dunno. 

I'd love to see the island get some more kids on it. DM needs someone his own age to play with, even if he's mature beyond his years. I doubt we would get such a huge time jump, though. Maybe we will get to see toddler kids, that'd be cute. So does anyone think we will get proposal, wedding, kids, any of that? Hrmmm. 

Gosh the more I think about it, it'd be so nice to get an extra episode. How far in advance do they release tv schedules I wonder...

Thank you @stroppyse for the translation. Gosh, they are really so cute in real life too! Was squealing at the last part especially. :kiss_wink:

7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

caption: If this scene is seen as being very sexy, that would be good. (giggles)

caption: Having gone completely into his arms. p p p p
Director: Okay!
caption: (It’s hot)
caption: Both taking care of each other, the SoonBaek Couple
KS: Oppa should (fan yourself)
caption: (It’s too hot, but I’m going to stay lying by your side. o^o
YB: (When I’m brushing your hair away), I really don’t know how to do it.
caption: (no idea)
caption: Is brushing Kkang Soon’s hair to the side too hard to do, Top Star-shi?
Staff: That looks a little funny.
YB: Really, I don’t.
KS: Oppa, you can’t look at me when you’re doing that.
caption: The filming starts.
caption: To be remembered as a legendary tale, the 10th episode will broadcast this Friday.

Anyway, it's Thursday over here! Just less than 48 hours to Friday 11 pm! :grimace:

I giggled at the part when  she told him don’t look at her when he sweeps her hair ...kkkk .. maybe she might melt..I can understand ..:P

By the way @joonminfan I think KJS talked about the kiss scene here when he was on Park Kyung’s radio show last night right ? 

Spoiler

47 minutes ago, triplem said:

I giggled at the part when  she told him don’t look at her when he sweeps her hair ...kkkk .. maybe she might melt..I can understand ..:P

By the way @joonminfan I think KJS talked about the kiss scene here when he was on Park Kyung’s radio show last night right ? 

Yeah the caption said KJS shared a lot on Park Kyung’s radio show, including the filming of the kiss scene at -10 degrees. The IG owner also guessed that he did the radio show before going for the Music Awards Show on the 15th, and ended off by saying how the 2 of them looked so cute, happy and heartwarming together.

I found one of the articles where KJS mentions the drama, and the translator does a pretty good job this time:

Kim Ji-seok appeared as a guest in the guestroom of MBC FM4U's Dreaming Radio, which aired on January 16.

"It was so cold," Kim said about Jeon So-min and her sunrise kiss scene in TVN's Friday drama "Top Star Yoo Baeki." It was in Sky Park, but it was 10 degrees below zero that day. It's so cold that neither Somin nor I can remember well. "But the staff took good pictures at the risk of harm."

When asked by Special DJ Park Kyung how to prevent bad breath when filming Kiss scenes, Kim said, "I have to brush my teeth at least three times and gargle before I do kiss scenes," but he didn't care about the smell of reality.

"When I was filming on the island, I was the only one to eat, but I was the only one to eat. I was the only one to eat chicken breast. It was more sad not to be together than to be hungry. "I think my nervousness helped me to act." 

Spoiler

There was also another article where he mentioned being lonely and craving love, so... brb packing my bags and heading to Korea to find oppa now B)

44 minutes ago, tibba said:

Reveal hidden contents

There was also another article where he mentioned being lonely and craving love, so... brb packing my bags and heading to Korea to find oppa now B)

Spoiler

My dear, you gotta fight me and a lot of other chinggus here for Oppa! :relieved:

The cast and crew had such a difficult time filming. Hats off to their professionalism.

Hi. I'm new here. I love this drama and have enjoyed reading all the recaps, spoilers, translations and speculations. I'm trying to help spread the word about the DVD Survey, please help if possible. It's a pity if this drama isn't made into dvd, the director's cut dvd with all episodes can include many extras like unreleased bts/making videos, extended scenes, cast commentary & interviews, outtakes/NGs, poster, photobook, autographed photo cards, & maybe even eng subs. btw you can fill out the survey now here: http://m.cafe.daum.net/topstarUBDVD and decide later if you'll purchase it or not. If you can't read Korean use Google Chrome Browser to translate. You need to make a Daum account & use your cell phone number to confirm with a code sent to you, then fill out the survey under "Making DVD Wish" with your real name, quantity & email, remember to mark "Secret" so your info is kept private.

@stroppyse  Can you help me translate the sentences in the photo link below? I would like to edit it in English for international fans and include instructions on how to complete the survey that i've been working on. If you can, thanks in advance.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsqMIHRHFIf/

Aieya, when Jiseok said that he and Somin didn't remember well during the kiss. =) They were too busy trying to warm themselves up in their kisses. Hehe. Your mind goes blank with gooey feeling and warmth while kissing. Have you guys ever kiss in such cold weather Jiseok mention? Does the kiss warm it up? hehe. okay, TOO MUCH INFO. =)

Jiseok worked REALLY hard for this project. Also because everyone had to suffer their physical and mental well being in a challenging environment, it made Jiseok work harder than he expected to do. It is hard for him because he is leading actor and he has to do well. It is a lot of burden for him to carry with chicken breast diet. He must be overwhelmed when the filming ended. It was his entire work and effort. No wonder he asked to take hiatus from Problematic Man to focus on his drama project. Somin didn't take hiatus. I think Running man can make the filming to last two episodes to free up everyone's schedule for other matters. Problematic Man is like you have to show up on certain day and time for filming. Jiseok and Somin have FULL schedule and both worked really hard. Jiseok worked mentally and physically hardest. He is so impressive. 

I just felt that Top Star Yoobaek is one of his most cherished project which showcased his acting skills- romance, comedy, and drama. He did it all. Maybe he will land a Hollywood role. =) Jiseok could be first Korean to get James Bond role. First, he is Korean Englishman, he has charms, he is funny, and very sexy. =) He looks so good at music award. All thanks to his chicken breast diet. =) 

Jiseok did wonderful job trying to portraying the change of Yoobaek's character in the drama to become beloved character. Jiseok really manifest it beautifully and heartwarming. I was in awe of how he made his character such full of fun, comedy, making us baffled with his weird antics, deep eye stare (Kangsoon's kryptonite) and having such a deep heart. 

I hope Jiseok will get an award he deserves. He did a good job. The ratings didn't reflect the beautifully made drama. It is high quality with highest quality and hard work from the casts especially Jiseok. 

Sangyeob told Jiseok about Somin's impersonation of Lee Jung Jae-- 2 bullets line.

Sangyeob was in running man when somin was doing impersonation battle. Ahh, that is why Jiseok was so interested to hear directly from Somin. For Sangyeob, he finds her impersonation silly or not very accurate. But too funny. 

On a fun musing note... when they settle down  and she becomes a college girl /Top Stars wife what do y’all think her new style will be..classy yet conservative or Sweet and slightly old fashioned?   Judging by her outfit with the pink coat I would say the latter. 

15 hours ago, turtlegirl said:

Gosh the more I think about it, it'd be so nice to get an extra episode. How far in advance do they release tv schedules I wonder...

I think there is a gap because it is seollal Lunar new year holiday. They may do reruns or show other shows for new year. Seollal holidays are very important to Koreans. They go home to their families to spend time together with them. 

1 hour ago, RobinM said:

On a fun musing note... when they settle down  and she becomes a college girl /Top Stars wife what do y’all think her new style will be..classy yet conservative or Sweet and slightly old fashioned?   Judging by her outfit with the pink coat I would say the latter. 

I think it's the latter too. Like her outfit in ep 6. 

2 hours ago, RobinM said:

Kkkkk I thought she was still going for the country ahjumma look....

Spoiler

3 hours ago, joonminfan said:

Updates from TVN. Have we seen the third picture befor

Thanks for the IG translation dear . I see that you & @tibba are headed for Seoul to fix oppa’s lonely heart ..:Px

Don’t think we hv seen the third pic. It does look like a BTS still but I like the idea that all three of them will sit down for a civilised chat , though you never know with Unicorn-Shi & Gentleman-Shi. I do want some sort of closure for MD. Hope he can move on as he deserves happiness as well.

Did anyone notice what looks to be Kangsoon's hanbok on the bed at some point in the bts? 

qMy097V.jpg

I wonder if it was just unceremoniously dumped there for a while during the bts or if there's some story around this lol. I mean she doesn't have any clothes other than her hanbok does she, so she's probably wearing Yoobaek's clothes in this scene? Someone commented their sweaters make them look like a pair of grapes lol. 

Also we have new stills. JSM with those massive pink earmuffs looks like a fluffy bunny ugh so cute.

3 hours ago, tibba said:

Did anyone notice what looks to be Kangsoon's hanbok on the bed at some point in the bts? 

oh my...that's a real good catch...my imagination is right now in the gutter ....:w00t:

-------------------------------------------

credit https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/01/top-star-yoo-baek-ep-9-spoilers-kim-ji.html

Top Star Yoo Baek] Ep 9 spoilers, Kim Ji Suk x Jeon So Min x Lee Sang Yeob

Posted on Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Article: Naver 'Top Star Yoo Baek' Heo Jeong Min surprised at Lee Sang Yeob's "I'm Jeon So Min's husband-to-be" 

1. [+113,-2]
Nam Jo is such a man.. He's the love cupid, and even helped with the manager's parent's marriage.. 

2. [+78,-2]
Ma Dol is pitiful. ㅠ

3. [+65,-3]
No, but in the preview, Jeon So Min.. is going crazy because she wants to kiss. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+58,-3]
I cried because Ma Dol is pitiful, and when Kkang Soon pulled up her hanbok to put money in her pockets, I burst out laughing. 

5. [+52,-1]
He's cool.. Ma Dol.. But he's pitiful.. 

6. [+17,-0]
Hing ㅠㅠㅠ. 2 more episodes left. Is that real? 

7. [+16,-0]
Ah.. Ma Dol.. It felt like my heart was crushed.. Damn, this drama.. made me cry again.. 

8. [+15,-0]
I cried because of Ma Dol. ㅜㅠ

9. [+14,-0]
Why is Nam Jo so funny? ㅋㅋ

top%2Bstar.png
Article: Naver 'Top Star Yoo Baek' Kim Ji Suk to Jeon So Min, "I miss you.. I love you" straightforward 

1. [+1019,-13]
It's so sad, but interesting.. My heart fluttered.. They have really good acting skills.. Jjang.. A healing drama that makes me feel better. 

2. [+630,-5]
Yoo Baek has never been lonely.. He has a good friend like Nam Jo by his side taking care of him, and he has Kang Soon who came all the way from a faraway island just to check if he's alright..

3. [+629,-9]
This drama airs on Fridays, 11pm, once a week, for 11 episodes..... This is ridiculous. This drama is too much.... 

4. [+245,-2]
Ma Dol is really cool from the beginning to the end... Even when he sent her away.. Anyway, it seems like there are about 10 kisses in the preview for next week, is that right? 

5. [+146,-2]
Ah.. I really like this drama.. It feels like a clean and pure drama^^ Why are Kim Ji Seok, Jeon So Min and Lee Sang Yeob so good at acting? I laughed at Ma Dol's dream, cried because Kim Ji Suk is so pitiful. Don't end this~It's sad.. Scriptwriter, you wrote the story well. It's my style. ♡ The best drama in my heart. ♡♡♡ 

6. [+143,-1]
It would be good if they aired this twice a week, but I really like it because each episode is long.. Really, the cast fits the characters so well...... 

7. [+142,-1]
Ma Dol's father is so cool too.. 

Archived