[Drama 2018] Today’s Detective/The Ghost Detective, 오늘의 탐정

larus

22 minutes ago, thistle said:

It looks like they used stunt doubles in those throwing scenes.  If you look closely, you can see that the person's face is always turned away carefully so I don't think it's Choi Daniel.  The production staff is probably is sure to take very good care of him so that he won't get hurt.

After multiple times trying to capture his face (and failed), i think the first attempt is done by Daniel. With the force Eun Bin use, i don't think Daniel would be able to stop his motion and crashed into the reception desk, but after that attempt, i agree that they use stunt double, coz the hairstyle looked a little bit different :D:D *well i could be wrong hehe *not important, just for fun :P

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

They've said it's about 100min long.. But I've just watched a 9min video on you tube...! Hope you'll get something more than me that I don't know Korean much :confused: (regretting here)

I don't understand korean too.. (double regret):bawling: 

let's keep searching the video!

23 minutes ago, kaedechan said:

For Daniel's fans, enjoy ! I know i do :P

Thank you so much for the post...!

OMG!! :love: One of his pics is covering the whole page...! How can I even look at that pic ..??! He is so hot with facial hair...!! :heart: And there are so many details also, but in Korean.. :huh: I am fully regretting now that I am not good in Korean...! Actually, what's he is saying there..??!! Desperately want to know... This young man is too hot to handle..! :D

And I was going to ask anyway, does Da Il's mom's favorite song has any special meaning, any clue or something about the plot...??!! Again regretting, I don't know Korean :(

20 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

And I was going to ask anyway, does Da Il's mom's favorite song has any special meaning, any clue or something about the plot...??!! Again regretting, I don't know Korean :(

I think so too .. maybe not directly to the case, but probably has special meaning for Da Il's mom history or background story? 

On 9/28/2018 at 10:57 AM, mrsj3n said:

Hi all...

Just found this after watching "The Guest".

Got a question to ask.

I'm at episode 4 now and just thinking about the end of it gave me chills.

Can I watch this at night or best to watch during daytime? 

My heart might not be able to take it. :joy:

:lol: I used to watch this during the week but now I watch it on Saturday mornings when the sun is high in the sky. Even sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and the red lady briefly pop into my mind when fetching something in the dark hallways of the house. :crazy: 

I see you guys talking about ships. One I will “never” board (even if it sets sail) is the one with the police guy because from the beginning I couldn’t stand his attitude towards YW. I guess I’m holding a grudge because I thought his harshness and unkindness was unnecessary. Sure she was bothering him about something he didn’t believe in but I was really turned off by the way he yelled at her and treated her unkindly when the older detective was much more patient with her although he also didn’t believe her. It’s one of the very first things I noticed when I started watching this show and was trying to understand why she kept going to the police station and why she finally turned to Da II. Also, the police has a way of talking to YW that comes across as bossy to me. Don’t like it. In the earlier episodes I often find myself telling YW, why are you letting him boss you around whether you stay home, go out...why is it his business. I know he likes YW but his attitude from the start didn’t endear me to him...quite the opposite in fact. All that aside, I am still glad that he joined the team because he’s necessary. I prefer the coroner but she can’t fill his spot and he’s proven to be useful.

The Lady in red is brutal. She just killed those doctors and nurses like that? So did we all decide on what she is?

1. Evil spirit takes the shape of SWH while she’s in a coma
  2. SWH is the evil spirit
  3. SWH died and the evil spirit is now in full control

What is the red lady to you now?

37 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

:lol: I used to watch this during the week but now I watch it on Saturday mornings when the sun is high in the sky. Even sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and the red lady briefly pop into my mind when fetching something in the dark hallways of the house. :crazy: 

I see you guys talking about ships. One I will “never” board (even if it sets sail) is the one with the police guy because from the beginning I couldn’t stand his attitude towards YW. I guess I’m holding a grudge because I thought his harshness and unkindness was unnecessary. Sure she was bothering him about something he didn’t believe in but I was really turned off by the way he yelled at her and treated her unkindly when the older detective was much more patient with her although he also didn’t believe her. It’s one of the very first things I noticed when I started watching this show and was trying to understand why she kept going to the police station and why she finally turned to Da II. Also, the police has a way of talking to YW that comes across as bossy to me. Don’t like it. In the earlier episodes I often find myself telling YW, why are you letting him boss you around whether you stay home, go out...why is it his business. I know he likes YW but his attitude from the start didn’t endear me to him...quite the opposite in fact. All that aside, I am still glad that he joined the team because he’s necessary. I prefer the coroner but she can’t fill his spot and he’s proven to be useful.

The Lady in red is brutal. She just killed those doctors and nurses like that? So did we all decide on what she is?

1. Evil spirit takes the shape of SWH while she’s in a coma
  2. SWH is the evil spirit
  3. SWH died and the evil spirit is now in full control

What is the red lady to you now?

Definitely agree with you...!! Personally, I don't like that police guy.. He looks so arrogant of his position as a police officer. And he didn't believe Yeo Wool ever. Only Da Il believed her.. And now that the police guy is aware that Da Il is with Yeo Wool, he's trying to be cool at Yeo Wool saying that he believes her... He is just jealous of Da Il...! Remember how he shouted out loud at Yeo Wool that "where are you looking..??! what are you looking at..??!!" I really can't bare him..! He may be a nice guy, but he's just way over the limit..!!:angry:

And about SWH, I think she's now alive with the evil fetch trapped inside her body...!! And she's done several bad things. But I don't know if she's aware that she killed people in the past & there was a evil spirit..!! YES... This is getting more & more interested..!! :o

And most important thing, Don't get this drama too seriously my dear...!! It's only a fiction of the writer's mind...!! And it's very bad that its horror stuff is effecting your life.! Just watch something really beautiful after you finish watching eps of this drama.. Then it'll replace your fear with joy!!:blush: I repeat, Don't get this drama too seriously my dear...!!

So glad I waited until this afternoon to watch episode 7. Had I begun watching it at evening time I wouldn't have made it pass 15 minutes.

Okay, so establish that Da-il can write why are we doing extensive product placement with the phone and stylus?

I really like Detective Park. I hope he gets the girl.

I suspect he'll be the drama's blood sacrifice.  To go for the audience's vicera they'll have kill a viewers' favorite. And when that person go their spirit won't stay around in ghost form.

Attorney Baek won't serve that function. Not warm fuzzy or needy enough.

Sang-Sub would be another good option as a sacrifice. They may need to keep the sweet old character around.

They better NOT TOUCH Chae-Won or else . . . Plus they would need her if they do a second season.

Da-il's already dead. They'll need him to the very end, then he can be sacrificed.

Killing YeoWool would be pointless because everyone in the story is already committed to her. Not much more emotional mileage from that death.

So I think it will be Detective Park, who is already set up as a sweet "tragic in love" figure, for the blood sacrifice.

I'm thinking that Da-Il and Red Lady has history that led to the targeting of his mother.

so someone recommended. and i watched 7 episodes in one night..

lol.. damn its scary..

my interest .. he he ofcourse the lady in red and choi daniel.. i'd rather be onboard this ship.. 

would like to believe lady has some backstory to induce paternal care from JD the nurse... and that she was only 12.. something big must have happened.. but then she is evil..like born evil..

What I really like about the drama.. and my very first thought in initial episodes was, how wonderfully this story captures the greatest evil of all times that all of us face on daily basis..

that voice in your head.. that is always over cautious, averse to risks, too much of a pessimist/nagger.. or overly positive about things.. its annoying, at times its loud, seeds doubt, gives you a foolish sense of supremacy to make you do stupid things (e.g. gamble)..

The voice which shapes your behavior.. the voice that is hard to control .. good or bad.. but everyone has it.. no one knows the source..

and to train mind to overlook that is just as difficult..

awesomes story

hope lady in red has some nice ending along with a real perpetuator. Don't think daddy committed suicide and killed his two kidd for no reason

I have read the forum and couldn't see it. I just watched the latest episode, i couldn't figure out why she, Seonu hye, became a human. Dail stabbed her, so she should become a fully enraged ghost amirite? How could she become a human? Or humanlike? They showed us that she can be seen by the guy who helped her and a kid, noone more right? Can everyone else now see her? God i am so confused about it. 

21 hours ago, hushhh said:

So glad I waited until this afternoon to watch episode 7. Had I begun watching it at evening time I wouldn't have made it pass 15 minutes.

Okay, so establish that Da-il can write why are we doing extensive product placement with the phone and stylus?

I really like Detective Park. I hope he gets the girl.

I suspect he'll be the drama's blood sacrifice.  To go for the audience's vicera they'll have kill a viewers' favorite. And when that person go their spirit won't stay around in ghost form.

Attorney Baek won't serve that function. Not warm fuzzy or needy enough.

Sang-Sub would be another good option as a sacrifice. They may need to keep the sweet old character around.

They better NOT TOUCH Chae-Won or else . . . Plus they would need her if they do a second season.

Da-il's already dead. They'll need him to the very end, then he can be sacrificed.

Killing YeoWool would be pointless because everyone in the story is already committed to her. Not much more emotional mileage from that death.

So I think it will be Detective Park, who is already set up as a sweet "tragic in love" figure, for the blood sacrifice.

I'm thinking that Da-Il and Red Lady has history that led to the targeting of his mother.

lawyer lady. whom is she reporting to?

who has been keeping tabs on Da il since last 5 odd years? related to our evil lady? 

Also, fundamental question.. if red riding hood can access negative thoughts and use it so powerfully, it means she has access to everyone's memories and thoughts. so whatever conversation they have, can she not easily manipulate those..

12 minutes ago, The_Doctor said:

I have read the forum and couldn't see it. I just watched the latest episode, i couldn't figure out why she, Seonu hye, became a human. Dail stabbed her, so she should become a fully enraged ghost amirite? How could she become a human? Or humanlike? They showed us that she can be seen by the guy who helped her and a kid, noone more right? Can everyone else now see her? God i am so confused about it. 

I think it's b'cause Da Il stabbed her...! Yeo Wool heard on the hearing aid 12yrs old Sun Woo Hye saying that a ghost can't kill her. Only Yeo Wool can kill her... And that's why she was going to stab her..! But Da Il was afraid that Yeo Wool'll be the suspect for that  murder, so he just did it.. And he's a ghost, isn't he..?! So the situation reversed... Now she's alive instead of dying..! Now that she's a human, Da Il can't figure out her next moves..! So the show is getting more interested now...!! :blush:  Can't wait for next eps...!

26 minutes ago, The_Doctor said:

I'm just adding to what @gm4queen says because I agree:  DI couldn't kill her but he was protecting YW.  The reason the Red Lady is human now is that she used her Enraged Ghost powers to take over someone's body.  She was wondering outside and saw someone who looked like a likely candidate, so she took over.  (I thought the new body looked similar to the old one.)  She got into the new body's apartment, ate her food, tried on her clothes, and so on.

53 minutes ago, The_Doctor said:

She was never technically a ghost, i suppose, because she never lost her body.

She was always a human being in a "coma" whose spirit wandered at night, with a curfew.

So it seems Da-il's attempt to kill her woke her from her coma--which isn't the usual approach to dealing with patients in comas so I wouldn't recommend it.

Neither the Red Lady's or the nurse's body was found amoungst the carnage, so I think she still has her own body.

Since I'm not watching the carnage or the scary parts I might well be missing some of the story.

13 minutes ago, hushhh said:

She was never technically a ghost, i suppose, because she never lost her body.

She was always a human being in a "coma" whose spirit wandered at night, with a curfew.

So it seems Da-il's attempt to kill her woke her from her coma--which isn't the usual approach to dealing with patients in comas so I wouldn't recommend it.

Neither the Red Lady's or the nurse's body was found amoungst the carnage, so I think she still has her own body.

Since I'm not watching the carnage or the scary parts I might well be missing some of the story.

Agree..!

Sun Woo Hye was a human in a coma with her spirit wandering..! And according to her own words, a ghost like Da Il can't kill her & only Yeo Wool can do it...! Also Choe Won's mom said that they should stab her in order to trap her spirit inside her body... And somehow she was stabbed, but by a ghost - Da Il..! So now the rules are opposite.. She's out of the coma now & alive again instead of dying..! And what just happened to her evil spirit..??! Is it just got trapped or just released..?! What's your idea about it.?! This is all about logic...! :hushed:

2 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Agree..!

Sun Woo Hye was a human in a coma with her spirit wandering..! And according to her own words, a ghost like Da Il can't kill her & only Yeo Wool can do it...! Also Choe Won's mom said that they should stab her in order to trap her spirit inside her body... And somehow she was stabbed, but by a ghost - Da Il..! So now the rules are opposite.. She's out of the coma now & alive again instead of dying..! And what just happened to her evil spirit..??! Is it just got trapped or just released..?! What's your idea about it.?! This is all about logic...! :hushed:

Well I don't know much about Korean ghosts, fetchs, or rules for supernatural beings but I assume her spirit (which was locked out of her body) is back in her body where it belongs.  Something is in thate body activating it.  Red Lady now seems amoral as a new born who only knows what it wants and needs and does what is feels necessary to fulfill that needs.

1 hour ago, thistle said:

The Red Lady was a Fetch, wasn't she, rather than a ghost?  I get that stuff mixed up, so I was off-the-mark when I said Enraged Ghost.  But I remember DI saying that she wasn't a Fetch anymore.

I think the preview said that Red Lady has lost her ability to control people minds and push them to suicide so she must now kill using her corporeal state--if she continues as she has been she will now be a serial killer.

Yet, I'm not sure if she has lost her her any or all of her ability of manipulate. Blood flowing into people's eyes seems to be the sign that Red Lady's will is at work in the person.  We saw the male witness to the hospital murders change his description of the perpetrator to throw people off her trail.  We saw him do with with blood visible in his eyes.  It could be that 1) she can still manipulate people/affect their thinking to a certain level but cannot push them to suicide OR 2) the Scooby Team may just be flat out wrong about Red Lady's new abilities.  I don't think their expert ChaeWon knows much about re-incorporated fetchs.

Western Fetch https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fetch_(folklore)

I seem to recall that the Red Lady could still manipulate people.  It does seem like she was able to make people do stuff even after she had her new body--seems like there was some dialogue about that.

But I'm fuzzy on the details there.....to be fair, that is because I'm not overly worried about the details on this; I'm still in this for the human drama rather than the supernatural one.

Archived