[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

0ly40

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, kangminjae said:

The last few issues are the spin-off, though, right? Is that still ongoing, or did it end?

Yes. Spin off is up to #5. I think it's gonna be ongoing. I just read the latest one #5 today. The bahasa Indonesia version.

Can SA just get the damn message already he does not like your damn a$$ keep away from him rat. AHHH god .

5 hours ago, sal2 said:

Totally agree with you. Now that it seems like thing gonna get worse with SA saying she likes KS to their classmate, so him not saying anything gonna make it look like he agreeing to dating her... So i hope he gonna say something to them so it is not gonna look bad om MR part when they figure out that they like each other. anyway, Eun and MR two girl friends seems to smell the love birds so maybe they can say something? :) 

Why didn't he say anything? hes partially to blame if he says nothing. 

2 hours ago, angelbeast90 said:

I wish I was KS in that sense even for a day! But what to do when you have to talk to a whole population of office workers.

Wow I just saw the preview since my internet decided to be bad to me. I could not do anything but wait until things got resolved!

Wow Mirae has decided to run after him is it?

my internet taking a dog poop also.. 

Did they ever have sex in the manga or webnovel? ofc it wont happen on the show just curious.

4 minutes ago, Wotad said:

Why didn't he say anything? hes partially to blame if he says nothing. 

This is true. Kyung Seok prides himself on being 'above it all' or too cool to engage in petty nonsense, but sometimes not engaging is worse. Like in episode 10 or 11, when he let the classmates go on about how he and Soo Ah belonged together even though Mi Rae was right next to him.

He thought that since he didn't care, Mi Rae wouldn't either. But now he knows she cares a lot, so I expect him to respond differently in the future.

i've been a lurker up till now LoL...this is my guess on the remaining episodes (based on what was done in the webtoon)

Ep 13 - SA trying to set things up between her and KS; confession from MR is at the end of Ep 13

EP 14 - Start with MR confession; this episode will tacke SA's backstory. Some date scenes bet KS and MR

Ep 15 - conclusion of SA backstory (or they could finish this in EP 14 too) some more date scenes but this might be the part where MR is trying to hide from everyone that they are dating. Might be a small conflict at the end (not really argument but they might add the part in the webtoon when MR feels guilty about hiding their relationship)

EP 16 - wrap up; will show what happens to other characters. Kiss scene at the end ;)

Just now, NhicarT said:

i've been a lurjer up till now LoL...this is my guess on the remaining episodes (based on what was done in the webtoon)

EP 16 - wrap up; will show what happens to other characters. Kiss scene at the end ;)

Welcome to the thread, lol! I mostly agree with your timeline, although I think they will go public by the end of 14 rather than 15.

And if we only get one kiss at the end, it better be a good one. :sweatingbullets:

2 hours ago, NhicarT said:

i've been a lurker up till now LoL...this is my guess on the remaining episodes (based on what was done in the webtoon)

Ep 13 - SA trying to set things up between her and KS; confession from MR is at the end of Ep 13

EP 14 - Start with MR confession; this episode will tacke SA's backstory. Some date scenes bet KS and MR

Ep 15 - conclusion of SA backstory (or they could finish this in EP 14 too) some more date scenes but this might be the part where MR is trying to hide from everyone that they are dating. Might be a small conflict at the end (not really argument but they might add the part in the webtoon when MR feels guilty about hiding their relationship)

I like that guess.. but can't we get more than one kiss? :lol:

at work but had to check this site online just for the preview!!! hahahaha!!! thankfully i did! 

glad to know what is coming ahead... i dont mind watching the entire episode with just the two of them... 

thanks to @kangminjae i was able to read the webtoon. i hope they do not include much of SA's backstory...

is it friday yet???!!! hahahah

20 minutes ago, turtle0217 said:

I like that guess.. but can't we get more than one kiss? :lol:

You and me are in the same boat, lol. I think we deserve at least two for being so patient!

8 minutes ago, KymberleeD said:

thanks to @kangminjae i was able to read the webtoon. i hope they do not include much of SA's backstory...

LOL! Yeah, Soo Ah's backstory in the webtoon feels never-ending. I think that one or two flashbacks plus one big reveal should do the trick onscreen. We really don't need to spend more time on that, outside of explaining - but not excusing - why she is the way she is. Plus, it looks like they've already changed it somewhat: 

Spoiler

just based on her having a grandmother or some older woman who wants to take care of her, whereas SA in the comic has nobody.

1 hour ago, kodomonojikan said:

Not sure if this behind the scenes was already posted. More of their dating.  It’s getting harder and harder to wait to see them as an official couple   

Thanks for all of these! I'm guessing the first two are gonna be from when (webtoon spoiler):

Spoiler

They go out to eat and run into classmates so Mi Rae hides in the bathroom and Kyung Seok pretends to be eating alone. Maybe the second clip is her apologizing for running out after.

I'm glad it looks like they're staying pretty faithful on the MR/KS side of things. But y'all don't gotta stick to the script for Soo Ah! Cliffnotes will do just fine, thanks.

Guessing by the preview MR will only confess after a night of agony for KS (For both of them actually)

So on the last bts pic's it seems that he has the same shirt on in the preview when he ask's SA if she is planning in breaking then up. Perhaps they go on this birthday date (like in the manwha) the same evening? And the time she is running  towards him with a worried face is the evening before (same day she confesses), where she realises that it's his bd soon? Hahaha just making crazy assumptions because I can't wait any longer!!!

8 minutes ago, ChyuuNyuu said:

Guessing by the preview MR will only confess after a night of agony for KS (For both of them actually)

So on the last bts pic's it seems that he has the same shirt on in the preview when he ask's SA if she is planning in breaking then up. Perhaps they go on this birthday date (like in the manwha) the same evening? And the time she is running  towards him with a worried face is the evening before (same day she confesses), where she realises that it's his bd soon? Hahaha just making crazy assumptions because I can't wait any longer!!!

All our creative side are coming out due to excitement. We all have our different scenarios in our mind. Probably to keep us sane until Friday comes! :D 

22 minutes ago, ChyuuNyuu said:

My only question is why Mi Rae changes shirts to chase after Kyung Seok. He walks off when she's in the pink shirt and he's in the green, then it looks like he goes drinking again and comes to the internship hungover. Mi Rae looks at the photo of them and chases after him in the tan shirt, and it looks like he sees her in a gray shirt. And then at the internship, Mi Rae is in the white shirt and that's where she interrupts him and Soo Ah. 

Maybe Hyun Jung tells Mi Rae that Kyung Seok saw her with Woo Young once she's changed, and that's when MR runs out to find him but fails to? Also, why are there two KS/SA conversations in two different locations, lol? I'm so confused!

33 minutes ago, kangminjae said:

My only question is why Mi Rae changes shirts to chase after Kyung Seok. He walks off when she's in the pink shirt and he's in the green, then it looks like he goes drinking again and comes to the internship hungover. Mi Rae looks at the photo of them and chases after him in the tan shirt, and it looks like he sees her in a gray shirt. And then at the internship, Mi Rae is in the white shirt and that's where she interrupts him and Soo Ah. 

Maybe Hyun Jung tells Mi Rae that Kyung Seok saw her with Woo Young once she's changed, and that's when MR runs out to find him but fails to? Also, why are there two KS/SA conversations in two different locations, lol?I'm so confused!

I replayed the preview a number of times and I started to think they’re trolling us. The scenes are all out of order which you can tell because of their outfits and when MR says she needs to talk to Kyung Seok it sounds like they edited the audio and took it from a different scene. Its hard to tell which scene is the actual confession from the preview but I’m hoping it’s the lab scene because i get the impression that’s the day after KS saw MR and WY and it would match more closely to the Webtoon but her running to the park to see KS could also be it. I’m so confused too. 

I just can’t wait for the two episodes this weekend.  I can’t wait to see the full clips of all these behind the scenes. 

Here an article on Im Soo yang.  The article tells that she is the mood maker on the sets and Actor Lim Soo-hyang's adorable charm was even brighter on the set.  Lim Soo-hyang is a mood maker at the filming site, providing the staff with vitamins and bright energy that makes them feel better by themselves. 

Lim Soo-hyang received a confession from Yeon Woo-young (Gwak Dong-yeon) at JTBC's "My Id is gangnam beauty" aired on Sep 1, and was also praised for her heartfelt tears acting when she refused. In particular, Lim has been praised as being a genius for showing that while leading a bright mood at the scene, drawing emotion and focusing on acting.

Here' the article in  Korean.  I have just translated just a gist of the article.  

Spoiler

[DAY컷] 임수향, ‘강남미인’ 촬영장의 인간 비타민

배우 임수향의 사랑스러운 매력은 촬영장에서 더 빛을 발했다.

JTBC 금토드라마 ‘내 아이디는 강남미인’을 통해 모태솔로 강미래 역으로 출연중인 임수향은 생방에 가까운 타이트한 촬영 일정 속에도 드라마 속 강미래, 드라마 밖 임수향으로 사랑스러움 매력을 뽐내며 자꾸만 보고싶은 러블리 여신으로 등극했다.

임수향은 촬영 현장의 분위기 메이커로 지친 스탭들에게 비타민이 되어주며, 존재 자체만으로 기분이 좋아지는 밝은 에너지를 보여주고 있다. 

임수향은 지난 1일 방송된 JTBC ‘내 아이디는 강남미인’에서 연우영(곽동연 분)의 고백을 받고, 거절하는 순간에도 진심 어린 눈물 연기로 호평을 받았다. 특히 임수향은 촬영 현장에서 밝은 분위기를 이끌어 가면서도 컷 소리와 동시에 집중하며 감정을 끌어내며 연기에 집중하는 모습을 보여줘 역시 연기천재라는 평을 받고 있다.  

JTBC 금토드라마 ‘내 아이디는 강남미인’(극본 최수영, 연출 최성범)은 어릴 적부터 ‘못생김’으로 놀림을 받았고, 그래서 성형수술로 새 삶을 얻을 줄 알았던 여자 ‘미래’가 대학 입학 후 꿈꿔왔던 것과는 다른 캠퍼스 라이프를 겪게 되면서 진짜 아름다움을 찾아가는 예측불허 내적 성장 드라마. 성형에 대한 새로운 시각으로 진정한 아름다움에 대한 메시지를 전하며, 네이버에서 인기리에 완결된 동명의 웹툰이 원작이다.

Archived