[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

0ly40

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning friends. Glad that the link is still active as we all can't move on from this beautiful couple easily. Soo Hyang will be on vlive tomorrow (15/11/2018) at 8.00pm (KST). Make sure to tune in and bombard her with questions asking whether she will attend AAA on 28/11/2018. Really miss her and want to see her walk on the red carpet. She will surely slays on the red carpet.  She will also be in Village  Survival 8 variety show on Friday (16/11/2018) (11.20pm -KST). She is really good in variety shows. Her cheerful disposition really makes everyone around her happy. This is the main reason why I love her and miss her so much.

Eunwoo has become a real celebrity with non-stop endorsements and photoshoots. Millionaire by now. MIDGB has taken him up to a higher level. He is young and we can look forward to his future projects. Apparently Soo Hyang will have a drama next year and we hope that she will act along 'A List" actors as her lead. She deserves to be elevated to the A List. She has proven how good and versatile she is.

He is really everywhere.

Remenber to watch our princess on Friday.

So in love with this couple. Really hope Soo Hyang will attend AAA on 28/11/2018.

General reminder:

Please do not post drama-unrelated informations, images or videos. If you'd like to talk about a specific actor, you can use the respective actor thread.

Thank you!

-Jillia

On 11/13/2018 at 5:23 AM, angelangie said:

MiRae.....she lack of confidence because of her 'face' not something everyone should be put thru every kids wanted to grow up happy surrounded with friends and all....but she was surrounded with criticism and bullies just because of her face

while she lack of confidence she has the will power to try to change for the best.....first she was laugh at because of her size.....so she went for it....with sheer determination she slim down......running and jogging everyday and eating less.....u gotta give her that for sure.....and then she received another setback....her face....to some it show how superficial she is.....but when u have to climb thru that what she been thru....it wasnt easy....she dont have ally in her corner and all are opposite her....in the beginning we only see her always alone.....stated was HyunJung was suppose to be MiRae childhood friend but we never seen her around.....or hang around enough to help MiRae....maybe she did but still the harm had been done....

Very true! I know a lot of fans were frustrated with her insecurity and lack of self-confidence, but I personally appreciated that it was a slow journey for her to self-acceptance. And while plastic surgery was thankfully not the cure to her problems, it was a step she took in order to be able to love herself.

I also liked that there were even a few hints as to how Mi Rae's lack of self-esteem hurt more than just her. Hyun Jung was her friend all along, but Mi Rae wouldn't be seen with her publicly for fear of what others would say and wouldn't take photos with her either. So while it doesn't have the same effect on HJ as it did MR, it still disrupted her life and kept her from having her best friend around. Same with Kyung Seok, who had to be patient and let MR find herself before he could be happy with the girl he liked. But of course neither of them made Mi Rae feel guilty about it, because they are exactly the kind of friends she needs and they put her needs first. 

This is an interesting write-up about MIIGB from the perspective of mental health and the beauty industry in South Korea. I liked the conclusion a lot:

This K-drama does not dismiss the beauty industry. The characters are often seen comfortably applying masks and make-up and dieting (healthily) to maintain weight. The focus is on choice and self-love. What’s natural and what’s plastic is constructed as a superficial factor. The focus is on the non-judgemental acceptance of others’ choices. If self-love is to be achieved through medical interference, it is considered perfectly alright.

It is important however that self-harm does not become the route and thus Soo-Ah needs to undergo medical interference (psychiatric) to recover her self-esteem, just like Mi-Rae who sought medical interference (cosmetic) to recover hers.

heyah chinggus...!

Glad to see this thread still on the top on the list of the drama / movies forums... i might have moved on to other dramas now... but boy, haven't forgot this couple ever... i still imagine them popping up on my screen after the JTBC green  opening line 15 ended...:lol:

hope the see this couple back on small screen again. 

xoxo everyone! 

So sad that Soo Hyang won't be attending the AAA, but I hope she gets recognized for Mi Rae at some point soon. JTBC has awards, right?

BTW, someone posted the entire segment of Monsta X reacting to and acting out MIIGB with subtitles, and it's even funnier:

Good afternoon chingus. I am just as sad that Soo Hyang is not attending AAA. She will be going to Beijing for an event on the 20th November 2018 and after that she will go somewhere else. Anyone know if it is Atelier event or something else. I guess we will only have the chance to see both Eunwoo and Soo Hyang at year end JTBC awards. I hope JTBC will have it end of this year. I also hope Soo Hyang will attend Astro concert next month. SHe supported Mino of Winner and Jennie of Blackpink. I hope she does the same for Eunwoo.

@icyphoenix I am crying together with you.:bawling:. We won't see her at AAA. I miss her so much. This is so upsetting.

Guys, don't forget to catch her tonight at SBS Survival 8.

@prettysammy14 Eunwoo was also not top 10. Then why was he invited. Is he going to win an award for something else? Our princess deserves an award too but somehow it looks like she is being blocked from attending. That is what some other groups are saying. These two are too close and some people didn't like it. They are like being separated purposely like this AAA. Both of them deserved to attend. Now Soo Hyang says she will be going somewhere. Haiz.

@monica63 I don't think it's atelier event.. It's something else related to perfume (Peking of perfume) !! Again no chance of DoRae together!! Does JTBC even have year end awards? I don't wanna assume something.. But it really seems they r avoiding meeting each other in social events!! Eunwoo might end up getting an award it seems!! 

@icyphoenix JTBC apparently does not have it every year but they do hold the awards night once a while. 2018 has been a successful year for JTBC. They should honour the artists who have raked in good ratings. So, maybe they will decide to hold one. KBS, SBS and MBC the 3 big channels will normally hold it at the year end. So let's us all keep our fingers crossed. Did you all see Soo Hyang's latest IG update. Her eyes seem puffy . Some said she cried last night. Why, I wonder? So many thoughts crossed my mind. 

My only consolation is watching her tonight.

Hi fellow MNIGB lovers..I have been lurking since forever ;) I really miss our Dorae couple. I rewatched the show twice already and I realized something this last time. I realized that Mirae never really considered Kyung Seok to be all that good looking as everyone else. She was bullied so much and even after the surgery, she worried so much about what others think about her that she didn't pay attention to guys around her.

18 hours ago, monica63 said:

Good afternoon chingus. I am just as sad that Soo Hyang is not attending AAA. She will be going to Beijing for an event on the 20th November 2018 and after that she will go somewhere else. Anyone know if it is Atelier event or something else. I guess we will only have the chance to see both Eunwoo and Soo Hyang at year end JTBC awards. I hope JTBC will have it end of this year. I also hope Soo Hyang will attend Astro concert next month. SHe supported Mino of Winner and Jennie of Blackpink. I hope she does the same for Eunwoo.

@icyphoenix I am crying together with you.:bawling:. We won't see her at AAA. I miss her so much. This is so upsetting.

Guys, don't forget to catch her tonight at SBS Survival 8.

@prettysammy14 Eunwoo was also not top 10. Then why was he invited. Is he going to win an award for something else? Our princess deserves an award too but somehow it looks like she is being blocked from attending. That is what some other groups are saying. These two are too close and some people didn't like it. They are like being separated purposely like this AAA. Both of them deserved to attend. Now Soo Hyang says she will be going somewhere. Haiz.

I dont understand why she is being blocked? She didn’t do anything. She just did her best. 

And I guess Eunwoo will be having an award cause he is popular. 

@prettysammy14  As you can see her fanbase is growing and all over the instagram, twitter and youtube, fans are making postings of this couple. They  seem to be close and so as some say, some people are uneasy about this. Eunwoo is famous and popular. He needs to keep his cool next door boy image. Desirable but untouchable. Unfair all awards goes to him and Soo Hyang has yet to win one from any awards event. I thought that at least if she attends AAA, she will be rewarded but alas, she won't MIIDGB success is due mostly to her. She did a good job portraying Mirae. Eunwoo did well too but the story is about Mirae and her insecurities. ALthough she looked pretty after plastic surgery, she still feels insecure because she kept thinking people are looking at her in a peculiar way since they call her gangnam beauty. Since she won't go to AAA, it seems that there will be another award in Feb 2019. And of course hopefully JTBC year end awards if they decided to hold one. They should do so as many dramas of JTBC this year are good. Their drama should have a few awards, best couple, best actress, best writer etc.

Yes, Soo Hyang is going for Atelier event in China but Eunwoo cannot go. Why?

8 minutes ago, monica63 said:

@prettysammy14  As you can see her fanbase is growing and all over the instagram, twitter and youtube, fans are making postings of this couple. They  seem to be close and so as some say, some people are uneasy about this. Eunwoo is famous and popular. He needs to keep his cool next door boy image. Desirable but untouchable. Unfair all awards goes to him and Soo Hyang has yet to win one from any awards event. I thought that at least if she attends AAA, she will be rewarded but alas, she won't MIIDGB success is due mostly to her. She did a good job portraying Mirae. Eunwoo did well too but the story is about Mirae and her insecurities. ALthough she looked pretty after plastic surgery, she still feels insecure because she kept thinking people are looking at her in a peculiar way since they call her gangnam beauty. Since she won't go to AAA, it seems that there will be another award in Feb 2019. And of course hopefully JTBC year end awards if they decided to hold one. They should do so as many dramas of JTBC this year are good. Their drama should have a few awards, best couple, best actress, best writer etc.

Yes, Soo Hyang is going for Atelier event in China but Eunwoo cannot go. Why?

If thinking rationally I think the reason why Soohyang does not get awards because these awards given to Eunwoo are rookie awards, or new actor awards. ISH does not maybe fit in any categories of awards as of the moment.. if only she won the popularity award.. that was our best shot. =( I am only hoping for drama and TV awards early next year. ISH deserves recognition too. And I also wonder why Eunwoo won't be going to China with her. I am just happy with twinnings I see. 

Archived