[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

0ly40

5 hours ago, molaihawaii said:

I tweeted so many time earlier and hashtag AAA asking to invite SH to the awards... if I’m still awake later on then I will join the twitter party for ISH! Hehehe I’m so happy that EW got invited but my happiness not complete without SH... I will definitely use all my social media accounts to post and tag AAA hahaha... and yeah I will hold on to  my AAA ticket yet since no news for the complete line up for actress guests.. 

I emailed them also so many times. But I’m having this little hope that AAA didn’t invite Eonnie Soo Hyang. They are so biased.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@prettysammy14 If Soo Hyang is not invited, AAA will be doing a great injustice to a wonderful actress who deserves recognition. Sometimes too much recognition is given to idols cum actors. Soo Hyang has been an actress for about a decade now and she is so versatile. Although I like Eunwoo, he is given so much attention because partly of his good looks and of course he did well in MIIDGB but without Soo Hyang, the drama will not be such a great success. The drama was a great success partly because of Soo Hyang and she has gained many fans internationally. If AAA does not recognise this, I lose respect for them. The Indonesian and Phillipines fans are doing all they can to ensure she goes to AAA. So please keep our fingers crossed. To be honest, I watched the drama because of Soo Hyang . I was never interested in Astro and I watched a few episodes of Big Hit only. That is how I know a bit of Eunwoo but that time never really paid much attention except that he is handsome. Quite a number of the top 10 artistes (male and female) have not confirmed yet so let's wait and see.

On 10/31/2018 at 6:23 PM, icyphoenix said:

I have to see Top management yet..  I can't see uri guy suffering :lol:

P. S. How much episodes have come up? 

8 episodes are available at the moment via Youtube Premium, and the last 8 come out November 16th. I've watched the ones that are out so far, and I really enjoyed them. It's cool to see how different he is here than from MIIGB, while still not playing himself exactly. Although the inside jokes about his celebrity identity are fun to catch.

22 hours ago, monica63 said:
Wow, a 10km marathon for our Soo Hyang this Sunday. Nice to know she actively participates in other activities.

Love seeing her so active! MIIGB has really opened up doors for her even if she doesn't win a major award this year. But I do hope AAA invited her, or that she gets to attend even if there's no specific award for her. I'd love to see her on the red carpet.

6 hours ago, molaihawaii said:

I tweeted so many time earlier and hashtag AAA asking to invite SH to the awards... if I’m still awake later on then I will join the twitter party for ISH! Hehehe I’m so happy that EW got invited but my happiness not complete without SH... I will definitely use all my social media accounts to post and tag AAA hahaha... and yeah I will hold on to  my AAA ticket yet since no news for the complete line up for actress guests.. 

I've sent complaints before. Now I will send massive messages to AAA. They really need to invite Soo Hyang!!!! I'm happy Eunwoo will be there, but I also really want to see Dorae on the red carpet! And she sits between two boyfriends. How catchy! @AAA, do you get the point? :D  

@kangminjae She actually deserves to win an award. She really did justice to her character. She has worked hard for so many years and she is such a versatile actress that I feel unfair if she is not even invited to AAA. I really wants to see her in a beautiful gown. She has a fantastic body with the right curves unlike some female idols who are just skinny. SHe will look good in anything. AAA has always been biased and gives priority to idols . Eunwoo has been winning awards here and in Indonesia but he acted a few dramas only. I will give him the deserved recognition if he acts in more roles. He is good in MIIDGB but needs more exposure. Right now his roles are quite stereotyped. I think Soo Hyang will be quite disappointed if she is not invited  even as a guest when she has done so well in the drama. She is the reason I watched MIIDGB. Although I am happy for Eunwoo, he is over-rated to me. I can say that he is good but Soo Hyang is much more better. Sometimes, I understand why it is difficult to be close to a famous and handsome idol because of the fans. Soo Hyang is close to Eunwoo but I won't be surprised as time goes by and he becomes more famous, it might affects their friendship. I hope it won't be true because I know he adores his noona very much. She helped him to be what he is today, a famous actor who wins many awards. But human beings can get big headed and Soo Hyang might also drift away from him to avoid his angry fans and hurtful remarks. Unless Eunwoo is there to protect her , she will try to avoid unnecessary scandals. She is too nice a person to hurt anyone. I am glad she has a wonderful family and many good friends. She deserves to be loved and be recognised for her hard work. She is slowly getting her due recognition but I hope AAA will be fair to her. Anyway, I will support her always and if you loo at her instagram, most of her supporters are from other countries and not Korea. 

@monica63 have to agree that she has very less fan following than she deserves.. I m seeing her old dramas like new tales of gisaeng n lovers in bloom.. She is fantastic in portrayal of roles.. I saw some clips of her playing villainous character n rich brat.. We can never say it is our kang mirae who did it!! She literally blows life in her roles!! She deserves more recognition.. She is beautiful n talented, y ppl in Korea can't see her talents!!.. CEW n ISH may continue to be friends in secret but seeing him more busy.. It's like he is the only breadwinner of his agency,  he might rarely have time for friendships n other things.. Plus seeing the reward trip it's clear that ISH is terrified of CEW's fans n will try to stay clear of him.. As far as I have seen her, ISH is a simple being, she wants to be happy in her work rather than popular!! .. Let's hope at least we see both attending AAA.. Let's hope ISH n CEW get some nicer projects it would be good if they have a project together again!! 

@icyphoenix Couldn't agree with you more. Eunwoo is working non-stop and he is getting more and more endorsements, photoshoots etc. He flies from one place to another like we travel by car. After MIDGB, he is working non-stop. Fantiago is really making money out of him. He is basically the bread winner for his agency and his boy group Astro. I hope he will continue to remember and cherish Soo Hyang as she has been the one who helped him a lot. 

Soo Hyang is really a simple person. She wants to be happy and you can see from her instagram, she enjoys good food, plays with her puppies and holidaying with her good friends. She has many friends who celebrates her birthday. Eunwoo will not get to enjoy this freedom and he is also more ambitious. He will try to make full use of his popularity now and make as much as possible. With such a hectic schedule, difficult to remain in constant contact and isn't it one of the main reasons why so many celebrities break off due to hectic schedule. First time I see Soo Hyang so happy working with a male co-star and I think she sincerely likes him too but she may feels too much hinderances. Eunwoo is still young and his agency only wants him to make more money. In a relationship, sacrifices must be made but I doubt it will happen here. Anyway, I will continue to watch all Soo Hyang's dramas as she is really good.

Hello all! I've only recently un-lurked in the ISH thread and I am so sorry to just butt in here with all this negativity, but I feel I need to air out my disappointment. I couldnt understand how someone can fall from 3rd spot to 11th that quick. Yes, I'm talking about AAA. We hoarded points, did mass voting at the last hour and the results were just outright disappointing! I feel like we were cheated. Whhyyyy?? We have a small group chat of voters for ISH fans and we were all so shocked seeing the results. :blink:

Anyway, finally decided to come out of the shell. I've only ever been active in 1 thread lol but I can't help it. So happy to meet fellow MIIGB fans like myself. :blush:

1 hour ago, mylovekge said:

Hello all! I've only recently un-lurked in the ISH thread and I am so sorry to just butt in here with all this negativity, but I feel I need to air out my disappointment. I couldnt understand how someone can fall from 3rd spot to 11th that quick. Yes, I'm talking about AAA. We hoarded points, did mass voting at the last hour and the results were just outright disappointing! I feel like we were cheated. Whhyyyy?? We have a small group chat of voters for ISH fans and we were all so shocked seeing the results. :blink:

Anyway, finally decided to come out of the shell. I've only ever been active in 1 thread lol but I can't help it. So happy to meet fellow MIIGB fans like myself. :blush:

Welcome! Sorry for the disappointing circumstances, but happy to see another poster. I was equally shocked, as I was voting nonstop for Soo Hyang in the early days and then in the last two it seemed like she was safe. I couldn't believe that she dropped out of the top ten in the span of 5-10 minutes. That being said, just like Eunwoo is coming despite being #11, there's no reason Soo Hyang can't come in the same rank. 

In the meantime, I love seeing new people checking out MIIGB on Twitter and so forth. Even with DramaFever gone, the show is spreading!

7 hours ago, monica63 said:

@prettysammy14 If Soo Hyang is not invited, AAA will be doing a great injustice to a wonderful actress who deserves recognition. Sometimes too much recognition is given to idols cum actors. Soo Hyang has been an actress for about a decade now and she is so versatile. Although I like Eunwoo, he is given so much attention because partly of his good looks and of course he did well in MIIDGB but without Soo Hyang, the drama will not be such a great success. The drama was a great success partly because of Soo Hyang and she has gained many fans internationally. If AAA does not recognise this, I lose respect for them. The Indonesian and Phillipines fans are doing all they can to ensure she goes to AAA. So please keep our fingers crossed. To be honest, I watched the drama because of Soo Hyang . I was never interested in Astro and I watched a few episodes of Big Hit only. That is how I know a bit of Eunwoo but that time never really paid much attention except that he is handsome. Quite a number of the top 10 artistes (male and female) have not confirmed yet so let's wait and see.

I agreed with you. I love Eonnie Soo Hyang.  I voted her more that Eunwoo because Astro have more fans. So I gave all my votes to her. Many are disappointed with the list of top 10 actress, and I’m one of them. To be honest I still have 300 votes which I reserved for Soo Hyang but this thing happened that they did not include her in the top 10 (which I felt was purposedly they did that). They underestimate our love for Eonnie. Anyways, I will keep on supporting her and I will forever love her. I don’t know but I’m inlove with her, I so love her personality. 

I can't help but think the same, that they purposely dropper her. I know this sounds like such a ~loser and bitter mentality~ but who would have thought she'd  be thrown out of the top 10? The fans have not played safe and continued to vote for her until the end. I am a sucker for the DORAE/EUNSOO couple because I ship them so much but I am honestly more of a Soo Hyang fan so I voted only for her. I am a huge Shin Hye Sun fan too but I decided to just drop voting for her because Soo Hyang had a bigger chance. I also saw how Arohas rallied for Eun Woo so I wasn't all that worried for him. Ugh. 

I just started backreading and I kind of agree with some points raised here, about how she gets less recognition. Are we the only ones who think she actually NAILED Kang Mi Rae like she was Kang Mi Rae in real life? LOL Like she really fir the role to a T. I watched her previous shows, I loved Five Enough and she was really funny there but Kang Mi Rae would probably her best role yet, for me. I hope and pray she gets the recognition she so deserves and rake in more fans in the future. I'm not losing hope we'd get to see them in red carpets and awards shows together. Hwaiting!!!

8 hours ago, monica63 said:

@icyphoenix Couldn't agree with you more. Eunwoo is working non-stop and he is getting more and more endorsements, photoshoots etc. He flies from one place to another like we travel by car. After MIDGB, he is working non-stop. Fantiago is really making money out of him. He is basically the bread winner for his agency and his boy group Astro. I hope he will continue to remember and cherish Soo Hyang as she has been the one who helped him a lot. 

Soo Hyang is really a simple person. She wants to be happy and you can see from her instagram, she enjoys good food, plays with her puppies and holidaying with her good friends. She has many friends who celebrates her birthday. Eunwoo will not get to enjoy this freedom and he is also more ambitious. He will try to make full use of his popularity now and make as much as possible. With such a hectic schedule, difficult to remain in constant contact and isn't it one of the main reasons why so many celebrities break off due to hectic schedule. First time I see Soo Hyang so happy working with a male co-star and I think she sincerely likes him too but she may feels too much hinderances. Eunwoo is still young and his agency only wants him to make more money. In a relationship, sacrifices must be made but I doubt it will happen here. Anyway, I will continue to watch all Soo Hyang's dramas as she is really good.

I don't know whether it is like or just friendship.. But yes she seemed very close to Eun Woo!! N same to Eun Woo.. He looked closer to her than others!! As u mentioned Eun Woo is ambitious so I don't guess any further situation would happen like hanging out with friends etc!! Soo hyangie is a person who can make friends easily as u can see after just one day of meeting Song Mino called her for his event!! She is very charming!! Let's hope both have their happiness n great future!! 

@mylovekge I have to agree.. That I feel like fool earning for votes n voting for ISH coz she was in top 3 spot.. How come she went soo low! I m still dissapointed.. Hope they at least invite her to the event!! 

@mylovekge Welcome to the thread. This thread will continue for some time maybe as our couple is too lovely to be forgotten. I also feel that Soo Hyang was purposely dropped out because I find it hard to believe a person in 3rd and 4th position suddenly went straight to  11th position in the last minute. I voted diligently using a few accounts and 90% of my votes goes to her. I am still baffled as at today. AAA should award her a special award like most versatile actress as she is does well in all types of roles. Should also give her an award for joining so many variety shows. In all the variety shows that she has been in, the ratings for the show will shoot up.

I am also curious as to why she has more international fans than Korean fans. I must admit that her male co-stars are mostly handsome like Sung Hoon, Do Ji Han and Eunwoo. Some jealous fans always think that their own favourite actress should be paired with their favourite actor. She is beautiful and her male leads always like her and as she is friendly, I think some of them don't like it. Some knetizens are really weird. I am still keeping my fingers crossed that she will attend as the list of actresses attending so far are not that impressive so I expect some will confirm later including our Soo Hyang.

@icyphoenix I think Eunwoo will remain friends with Soo Hyang as he treats her like his mentor. This is his first lead role and he is practically having a crush on her. We can see thru his eyes. Both will be busy from now onwards pursuing their career especially Eunwoo who is both a singer and actor. They have a chat group and I am sure they can still keep in touch thru the phone . From what I see, she keeps in touch with many of her male leads and she is really friendly and easy going. Even Mino who is shy in person relaxes when with her and drew her beautifully.  I wish her the best and will follow her career closely and as for Eunwoo, I can see a bright future ahead for him.

I am proud of the international fans which has created a group for Soo Hyang. They are very active. Any Filipinos in our thread? She has definitely a lot of fans from Asia. 

Now that we are talking about it, I can't help but feel disappointed again. 

I had the chance to see her upclose  and saw how warm she was with people. She wasn't intimidating at all although ofcourse we kept our distance but we were in the same place. Was just happy to have had the rare chance of seeing my OTP upclose. It felt surreal, tbh. I fell in love with her all the more because not only was she nice, she was more beautiful IRL. 

Therefore, it's AAA's loss. LOL 

3 hours ago, mylovekge said:

Now that we are talking about it, I can't help but feel disappointed again. 

I had the chance to see her upclose  and saw how warm she was with people. She wasn't intimidating at all although ofcourse we kept our distance but we were in the same place. Was just happy to have had the rare chance of seeing my OTP upclose. It felt surreal, tbh. I fell in love with her all the more because not only was she nice, she was more beautiful IRL. 

Therefore, it's AAA's loss. LOL 

OMG lucky youuuuuuu!!!! 

I just wanted to drop by and show my support for uri dorae couple :heart: 
I was really shocked that she actually liked a photo of eunwoo and herself! Kinda bold but it makes my shipper heart so happy!
I really want to see them together at an award show, I want the drama to be recognised as one of a kind for it's quality and not star power…but let's see…

Archived