Quantcast
Jump to content
0ly40

[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, monica63 said:

Our girl is so pretty, cute and sweet here. Glad more and more are joining the forum. @angelangie Welcome.

 

yes she is :) watch her in 'Lovers Bloom' which was why i decided to catch her here since i can't get enough of her :) 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MiRae.....she lack of confidence because of her 'face' not something everyone should be put thru every kids wanted to grow up happy surrounded with friends and all....but she was surrounded with criticism and bullies just because of her face

 

while she lack of confidence she has the will power to try to change for the best.....first she was laugh at because of her size.....so she went for it....with sheer determination she slim down......running and jogging everyday and eating less.....u gotta give her that for sure.....and then she received another setback....her face....to some it show how superficial she is.....but when u have to climb thru that what she been thru....it wasnt easy....she dont have ally in her corner and all are opposite her....in the beginning we only see her always alone.....stated was HyunJung was suppose to be MiRae childhood friend but we never seen her around.....or hang around enough to help MiRae....maybe she did but still the harm had been done....

 

MiRae kept herself lock away....and when looking at ppl indirectly she starting judging ppl giving out marks on how ea & one of the ladies really fair in her eyes......and come to think of this happen because ppl were also judging her themselves....so who are we to blame? the society? 

 

slowly we can see tat the plastic surgery gave her the boost....initially she was still worried and still lock herself in that shell of hers......however we can definitely see that she is coming out of slowly....and while plastic surgery gave her a boost of confidence she sourly needed.....she see herself as imperfect still....which was also one of the main reason why she rejected KyungSeok from the beginning but slowly he itch closer and with him around......he managed to provide her with another sense of security for her imperfection

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, molaihawaii said:

@angelangie welcome for joining us! Nice to see your name on this thread! This thread still active because all of us here couldn't move on... Thanks for sharing your insights. 

@monica63  and @pad-hari thanks for sharing the nostalgic mv's and pictures. 

 

I guess with me just done with the series I’m still burst with it ... it is honestly a very simple drama but somehow there are so much value it in if we really look

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning friends. Glad that the link is still active as we all can't move on from this beautiful couple easily. Soo Hyang will be on vlive tomorrow (15/11/2018) at 8.00pm (KST). Make sure to tune in and bombard her with questions asking whether she will attend AAA on 28/11/2018. Really miss her and want to see her walk on the red carpet. She will surely slays on the red carpet.  She will also be in Village  Survival 8 variety show on Friday (16/11/2018) (11.20pm -KST). She is really good in variety shows. Her cheerful disposition really makes everyone around her happy. This is the main reason why I love her and miss her so much.

Eunwoo has become a real celebrity with non-stop endorsements and photoshoots. Millionaire by now. MIDGB has taken him up to a higher level. He is young and we can look forward to his future projects. Apparently Soo Hyang will have a drama next year and we hope that she will act along 'A List" actors as her lead. She deserves to be elevated to the A List. She has proven how good and versatile she is.

 

 

He is really everywhere.

 

Remenber to watch our princess on Friday.

 

 

 

So in love with this couple. Really hope Soo Hyang will attend AAA on 28/11/2018.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

General reminder:

 

Please do not post drama-unrelated informations, images or videos. If you'd like to talk about a specific actor, you can use the respective actor thread.

 

Thank you!

 

-Jillia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2018 at 5:23 AM, angelangie said:

MiRae.....she lack of confidence because of her 'face' not something everyone should be put thru every kids wanted to grow up happy surrounded with friends and all....but she was surrounded with criticism and bullies just because of her face

 

while she lack of confidence she has the will power to try to change for the best.....first she was laugh at because of her size.....so she went for it....with sheer determination she slim down......running and jogging everyday and eating less.....u gotta give her that for sure.....and then she received another setback....her face....to some it show how superficial she is.....but when u have to climb thru that what she been thru....it wasnt easy....she dont have ally in her corner and all are opposite her....in the beginning we only see her always alone.....stated was HyunJung was suppose to be MiRae childhood friend but we never seen her around.....or hang around enough to help MiRae....maybe she did but still the harm had been done....

 

Very true! I know a lot of fans were frustrated with her insecurity and lack of self-confidence, but I personally appreciated that it was a slow journey for her to self-acceptance. And while plastic surgery was thankfully not the cure to her problems, it was a step she took in order to be able to love herself.

 

I also liked that there were even a few hints as to how Mi Rae's lack of self-esteem hurt more than just her. Hyun Jung was her friend all along, but Mi Rae wouldn't be seen with her publicly for fear of what others would say and wouldn't take photos with her either. So while it doesn't have the same effect on HJ as it did MR, it still disrupted her life and kept her from having her best friend around. Same with Kyung Seok, who had to be patient and let MR find herself before he could be happy with the girl he liked. But of course neither of them made Mi Rae feel guilty about it, because they are exactly the kind of friends she needs and they put her needs first. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kangminjae said:

 

Very true! I know a lot of fans were frustrated with her insecurity and lack of self-confidence, but I personally appreciated that it was a slow journey for her to self-acceptance. And while plastic surgery was thankfully not the cure to her problems, it was a step she took in order to be able to love herself.

 

I also liked that there were even a few hints as to how Mi Rae's lack of self-esteem hurt more than just her. Hyun Jung was her friend all along, but Mi Rae wouldn't be seen with her publicly for fear of what others would say and wouldn't take photos with her either. So while it doesn't have the same effect on HJ as it did MR, it still disrupted her life and kept her from having her best friend around. Same with Kyung Seok, who had to be patient and let MR find herself before he could be happy with the girl he liked. But of course neither of them made Mi Rae feel guilty about it, because they are exactly the kind of friends she needs and they put her needs first. 

 

Yes she needed the leverage to find her self esteem.....and pull herself out of it..... Kyung Seok ‘whatsoever’ attitude actually kinda shed some light into Mi Rae self esteem.... as to him she was fine how she was in the first place and he couldn’t see the reason why she needed to change the way it looks and told her so directly

 

as much as Mi Rae had Kyung Seok as her boost of self esteem....her perosnality and also a sense of self awareness around had actually open up KyungSeok no care attitude towards his surrounding that there is more to life than what he think or care for......

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is an interesting write-up about MIIGB from the perspective of mental health and the beauty industry in South Korea. I liked the conclusion a lot:

 

Quote

This K-drama does not dismiss the beauty industry. The characters are often seen comfortably applying masks and make-up and dieting (healthily) to maintain weight. The focus is on choice and self-love. What’s natural and what’s plastic is constructed as a superficial factor. The focus is on the non-judgemental acceptance of others’ choices. If self-love is to be achieved through medical interference, it is considered perfectly alright.

It is important however that self-harm does not become the route and thus Soo-Ah needs to undergo medical interference (psychiatric) to recover her self-esteem, just like Mi-Rae who sought medical interference (cosmetic) to recover hers.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kangminjae said:

This is an interesting write-up about MIIGB from the perspective of mental health and the beauty industry in South Korea. I liked the conclusion a lot:

 

 

 

Yes it nicely sum up the real message that the drama is trying to push forwards....

 

Soo-A who has beauty but was an outcast in her earlier life had push her towards a mental health situation till where she starts having eating disorder habits...while some see her only on her skin up beauty and appreciate her for her beauty...how many actually really care for her?

 

she wanted everything to be her and how people zoom in on her and putting herself in the limelight had actually made her feel secure ... so she starts with putting on layers and layers of false images to look good....she thought by being the best more and more ppl will love her....but then the more layers she cover herself with the more insecure she became as it is only a matter of times ppl will start discovering that all the things that she had been telling them are all lies and is not the real her

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I m missing DoRae a lot:tears:..

Only FMVs is the cure for it!! 

P. S. ISH is not attending AAA,, she confirmed it in her Vlive:bawling:

  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

heyah chinggus...!

 

Glad to see this thread still on the top on the list of the drama / movies forums... i might have moved on to other dramas now... but boy, haven't forgot this couple ever... i still imagine them popping up on my screen after the JTBC green  opening line 15 ended...:lol:

 

hope the see this couple back on small screen again. 

 

xoxo everyone! 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So sad that Soo Hyang won't be attending the AAA, but I hope she gets recognized for Mi Rae at some point soon. JTBC has awards, right?

 

BTW, someone posted the entire segment of Monsta X reacting to and acting out MIIGB with subtitles, and it's even funnier:

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...