[Drama 2018] Hide and Seek, 숨바꼭질

0ly40

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/22/2018 at 4:32 PM, rocher22 said:

SA always sees the way EH hugs and consoles CR.

Thats not easy.

Its understandable that she wants to take revenge on CR.

JS looks like he could start a new life with CR.

She should be blaming the guy for leading her on because he had no guts to tell her the truth, not the other girl. Chin Rae did not even know about the girlfriend.

11 hours ago, grapefruit7 said:

@maribella@maribella - - it is like he is criminal or something hiding frm that room... But everyone looks like know his place... Even his selfish father JPD & rival MJS

JPD is despicable... Selling the information about his son, lets say "wrongdoing" when he was young.

Madam Na is the worst! How can she accused others of not human being when she herself is like a monster! 

CEH can u just take MCR out of all this messy family and just start your own family life together?! But with MSA and MJS chasing them around, i dont think they can even get far from them. Some more, its MCR who has an issue clinging to the Mins and MP. 

I wish our OTP will get real reward in the ending. 

You mean hiding place? People are going in and out of it.:D

I am beginning to feel like another poster, the writer cannot decide what the characters are supposed to be. Is EH smart or stupid or a bit of both or mostly stupid?? He brought Little Mun’s mistress there too. His father had been there. Just leave his name on the door, goodness.

Yes, CR is so needy, it is hard to sympathise with her now. If she gave the shares to SA, she is a bigger noble idiot than I thought. Apart from EH, she has no one in her corner. Miss Kim is a dark horse. We are still not sure who she really is.

@maribella surprisingly we havent seen SA goes to EH hiding place... Haha of all the people, the exGF doesn't know?

Ms Kim seems like have a big secret...not only about helping CR.. Seems like there is story behind why she is with the evil Madam Na and the Mins. 

Are we even half of the series? 

I hope MJS sincerity will show up for real later and willingly sacrifice his own happiness for the sake of MCR.  He is better man than his father IMO.. 

10 minutes ago, grapefruit7 said:

hope MJS sincerity will show up for real later and willingly sacrifice his own happiness for the sake of MCR.  He is better man than his father IMO.. 

I think his father is like the Grandmother - unscrupulous and use people. But if he was in the know about his ex wives’ death, he showed be punished.

He was really funny in the early episodes. Quite slow to get what his father was saying. But he is slowly turning nasty.

10 hours ago, Warren Lauzon said:

She should be blaming the guy for leading her on because he had no guts to tell her the truth, not the other girl. Chin Rae did not even know about the girlfriend.

I agree.

Its not CRs fault.  SA should blame EH, because he wasnt honest.

But jealousy is nasty thing.

I felt bad for SA, when she asked EH, if he ever loved her, and he just apologized.

And then after that SA sees him hugging CR.

And so SA becomes more and more blinded by her wish for revenge.

9 hours ago, maribella said:

Yes, CR is so needy, it is hard to sympathise with her now. If she gave the shares to SA, she is a bigger noble idiot than I thought. Apart from EH, she has no one in her corner. Miss Kim is a dark horse. We are still not sure who she really is.

I disagree somewhat. I think she did lower herself too much trying to please that crazy mother and evil insane grandmother, but I can sort of see how bad her situation is. She seems to have done a very good job with the company, but the rest of the family does nothing but attack her no matter how good she does. Miss Kim I think is still a mystery - it does seem like she is helping CR, but not a clue yet as to why - maybe she just hates the grandmother, or there is something in the past.

On 10/23/2018 at 5:31 PM, thistle said:

Since I have no OTP here, I'm just hoping that all of the Evil Characters get what they deserve.  ^_^

But who are all the Evil Characters?  I think that everyone can agree that JPD, Grandma, and Chairman Moon are Evil Characters.  But, let's look at everyone else then:

• Chairman Moon's Son: yes evil because he knows what his dad is and just follows.  On the other hand, I don't know that he knows any other way to be.
  • SA's Mom: I can't say that she's actually evil.  She's more just a shallow, woman raised to be nothing more than a housewife, who then went through the horror of her child being kidnapped.  True, she should not have adopted a child if she was not going to love her, but she did tell SA that after CR was first adopted, she put more care and effort into CR.  I think it was after SA was kidnapped that Mom lost all interest in CR.
  • SA's Dad: I can't say that he is evil.  Of all the people in that household, he treated CR warmly.  He perhaps does not have much of a backbone, or perhaps he just believes in peace in the family instead of fighting against Evil Grandma all the time.
  • SA's Adopted Mom: Wrong for her part in the kidnapping.  But, she was another desperate mother who didn't think through all the consequences of her actions.  Then, she loved and raised SA to the best of her ability.  Wrong to then keep lying to SA about it and then to try to actively hide it from her when JPD returned from prison.  I think at heart she is a decent woman, but she is an ignorant and poor woman who didn't think things through.
  • Secretary Ears: I think there is something very devious and borderline evil about her.  If you don't like Grandma, then leave.  Why all the secrecy and obvious conspiracy and plan for revenge of some sort?  And, she also uses a child and third parties in her revenge scheme.  (I don't know specifically that she has a revenge scheme, but with where this drama is going, I'm assuming it's a revenge scheme.  Right now, she's either CR's birth mom or she's Grandma's illegitimate daughter.  Those are my guesses.  Or, perhaps she was in love with SA's dad but he married SA's mom for her money and this is Secretary Ears' revenge.)
  • CEH: He's another devious one.  Yes, he had a tough childhood.  But then, he had good adoptive parents.  And then what he did to SA.  And I, like SA, question whether he actually really loves CR or has fixated on her.  Why?  Bc he empathizes with her for her difficult home situation, but she is also rich and successful.  I don't know that he actually loves her, and I don't like that he essentially led SA on for years ad then couldn't even be decent about it in the end.
  • SA: She didn't turn "evil" (not that I would actually call her evil) until after she saw CEH kissing CR.  And, it was on her wedding day.  And then to learn that it's this rich woman, someone that SA wishes she could be, and that was her breaking point.  Is she evil?  Does she inherently have some "evil" gene from Grandma?  I don't think so.  I think she was just a simple girl, who then had her simple dreams torn apart, and she's looking for revenge.
  • CR: a victim, but not necessarily an innocent one either.  Yes, she's pathetic.  She was a pathetic child and she's now a pathetic adult looking for love and approval from somewhere were it will never come from.  But, she also did it to herself, too.  She had plenty of opportunities to leave, but never did.  Even now, she returns.  And, in that flashback, what she did to young SA is pretty bad.  Yes, she had just been kicked out and Grandma is a complete evil B.  But, she knew what she was doing.  And then she kept doing it as an adult.

@thistle  @jechoi1  i also believe that these are human nature.. Selfishness, greediness, and envy are the common ones...  And some people tend to be more evil..

However, i believe it is human nature also to balance evilness with goodness. And some people tend to be lacking on this one. 

Anyways.. @jechoi1@jechoi1 i believe those characters u listed, shall i say as less evil, could gain themselves redemption towards the ending.. 

2 hours ago, grapefruit7 said:

i also believe that these are human nature.. Selfishness, greediness, and envy are the common ones...  And some people tend to be more evil..

We all have failings certainly.  But greed and envy are two of the Seven Deadly Sins.

5 hours ago, jechoi1 said:

But who are all the Evil Characters?  I think that everyone can agree that JPD, Grandma, and Chairman Moon are Evil Characters.  But, let's look at everyone else then:

• SA's Mom: I can't say that she's actually evil.  She's more just a shallow, woman raised to be nothing more than a housewife, who then went through the horror of her child being kidnapped.  True, she should not have adopted a child if she was not going to love her, but she did tell SA that after CR was first adopted, she put more care and effort into CR.  I think it was after SA was kidnapped that Mom lost all interest in CR.
  • SA's Dad: I can't say that he is evil.  Of all the people in that household, he treated CR warmly.  He perhaps does not have much of a backbone, or perhaps he just believes in peace in the family instead of fighting against Evil Grandma all the time.
  • Secretary Ears: I think there is something very devious and borderline evil about her.  If you don't like Grandma, then leave.  Why all the secrecy and obvious conspiracy and plan for revenge of some sort?  And, she also uses a child and third parties in her revenge scheme.  (I don't know specifically that she has a revenge scheme, but with where this drama is going, I'm assuming it's a revenge scheme.  Right now, she's either CR's birth mom or she's Grandma's illegitimate daughter.  Those are my guesses.  Or, perhaps she was in love with SA's dad but he married SA's mom for her money and this is Secretary Ears' revenge.)
  • SA: She didn't turn "evil" (not that I would actually call her evil) until after she saw CEH kissing CR.  And, it was on her wedding day.  And then to learn that it's this rich woman, someone that SA wishes she could be, and that was her breaking point.  Is she evil?  Does she inherently have some "evil" gene from Grandma?  I don't think so.  I think she was just a simple girl, who then had her simple dreams torn apart, and she's looking for revenge.
  • CR: a victim, but not necessarily an innocent one either.  Yes, she's pathetic.  She was a pathetic child and she's now a pathetic adult looking for love and approval from somewhere were it will never come from.  But, she also did it to herself, too.  She had plenty of opportunities to leave, but never did.  Even now, she returns.  And, in that flashback, what she did to young SA is pretty bad.  Yes, she had just been kicked out and Grandma is a complete evil B.  But, she knew what she was doing.  And then she kept doing it as an adult.

My take on your list.

SA's mom - I don't think she is evil - I do think the is maybe more than borderline psychotic and insanely obsessed with SA.

SA's dad - Not evil, but clueless, oblivious, no leadership, and a total wimp.
Secretary Ears - Not evil - I think there is something in the past that has caused her to hate Grandma for a long time.
SA - No she did not "turn" evil - she already was, it just had not been triggered yet.
Agree on CR - she has been badly treated, but could have left at any time.

I am quite sure  the otp will end up together, but the part that really turn me off with these revenge dramas is at the end, it is ‘forgiveness all around’, even for the main antagonist who might have spent 95% of the show persecuting the main character. 

I can just see all the evil characters be whitewashed, excused and be forgiven. 

Perhaps they will kill off the old woman before the show ends.

Archived