[Drama 2018] Hide and Seek, 숨바꼭질

0ly40

I have just watched the last 4 episodes, actually with a fair bit of FF. :rolleyes: It was rather boring especially when the smart CEO who could best wily Chairman Mun, but she continued to work and treat the Mins as if things had not changed. She was so needy. The Mins, all of them soon including the weak father, treat her like rubbish, she keeps asking for more punishment. Typical daily show KD female lead, ‘ the noble idiot’. The writer must have spent many hours watching the dailies. The guy is no different, easily manipulated and now guilt stricken to find HJ is SA. Our OTP is clueless.

I think Ms. Kim has been giving the OTP incriminating evidence against the grandmother. No one else would have that kind of intimate knowledge.

The writer can still salvage the show, get CR and EY to be a bit proactive, they are both very capable and smart. Making them so helpless, just reacting to the Mins’ and Taesang’s manipulations is just so unbelievable, even for KD.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on the preview, I am considering not watching next weekend because when Chaerin does do something wrong like holding back on dna results, it’s usually the wrong of an abused person who is scared, and I end up feeling sorry for her. And yet she is going to get more abuse, and still try to make up for her wrong by giving up her shares, something the other side would never do, even after trying to kill her as a child.

But let’s see what the KOCOWA synopses says.

1 hour ago, tulip06 said:

Based on the preview, I am considering not watching next weekend

I admit to not watching last weekend or this weekend either.  And possibly not next.

This show kept making me so angry!  I won't go over my frustration and disappointment again because I've detailed those in previous posts.  But I still can't quite let it go, so I'm keeping up with this thread instead.  

If I ever hear that some character has started behaving with some commonsense and if the actors start doing their jobs properly, I might pop back in to watch.  However that seems unlikely at this point.  And I still think it's a real shame.

Kdramas experimenting with their main leads's characterization only works when its a thriller or mystery genre.....not in a weekend family drama. Well... I'd not call this drama a proper family drama as there are no characters you can sympathize with. I did feel for CR before but the writer has not given her character any development. Its like she's still stuck in the age when she was first brought to the big house. It feels like she's making herself stay in an abusive relationship even after she has the means and the way to her freedom right in front of her. At this point I have to give up coz I no longer feel she's the victim.....expecting them to change after everything's thats been done to her since childhood....she's just perpetuating her abuse with her own hands.

10 hours ago, grapefruit7 said:

CR is like a punching bag by her adopted family. How can she take all these insults.. Whether directly or not, they have no right to do it to her. 

I am disliking SA more and more.  She really belong to those monstrous family! 

I don't know why CR puts up with so much crap, but it's a k-drama.

I am at the point now where I totally detest SA as much as I do her evil grandmother. I hope they both get hit with a Truck of Doom.

4 hours ago, tulip06 said:

... try to make up for her wrong by giving up her shares, something the other side would never do, even after trying to kill her as a child.

The shares right now are the only real leverage she has. If she gives those up I am going to blow up my TV.

On 10/18/2018 at 1:08 PM, tulip06 said:

I am really curious how Chaerin will get herself out of this house and this family while keeping this company.  

#TeamChaerin

Agreed. That entire family is so messed up. And the writing is not the best - too much of that Noble Idiot stuff. Not the best drama ever, but I am hooked now just to see how that evil grandma gets the shaft, and hopefully Soo-Ah also.

I'm sure secretary big ears is the one who supplied the info about Grandma being in a scandal about the product developer that disappeared, then stole the product for Makepacific.  It was the ace card that CR needed to stop the dismissal, so SA is left sputtering and angry.    Grandma was sure she got rid of all the evidence, but evidently not.  I expect the secretary to be valuable in the future.

The story is beginning to pick up, now that everything is out there and the set-up is complete.  I feel like everyone else that it has been slow, tedious, and with an awful lot of "dead space" where there is no dialog and where people just stare at each other.  The overacting by the 2  screechy mothers is ridiculous, and I don't care at all about the sisters being left behind.

CR seemed to have a little more "fire in the belly" by the end of this last episode.  That was what I was expecting all along, but she lapsed into a submissive, clueless, twit up until now.  Do you remember Lee Yoo-ri in "Something Strange about My Father"?  She was a firecracker lawyer who knew her trade and was a power to be reckoned with.  So dynamic, so sharp, and no one would get anything past her.  That's what we're missing in CR's character, and just a choice of writing.  CR is brilliant at times, but vulnerable at others, and it's driving us crazy.  :wacko:

12 hours ago, calledtoteach said:

I haven't watched all the episodes, but SA did not start out bad.  Did she start changing when she saw her fiance kissing CR at her wedding?  Grandma seems to be the root of all the evil.  I must have missed a lot.

Yes. She was a nice person. Although her life was difficult, she never complains. Her adoptive mum treat her even nicer than her own daughter probably because she felt guilty of kidnapping the child and Soo Ah is someone that saves her biological daughter. When Soo ah saw Cha Eun Hyuk kisses another woman at their wedding she was hurt and I did feel sorry for her. When she found out that Chaerin was the woman that Cha Eun Hyuk kissed she felt betrayed by Chaerin (Soo ah used to like Chaerin as a friend). I don’t consider her as evil yet because she only treated Chaerin badly probably thinking Chaerin takes Eunhyuk away. 

To me there is no character in this drama that is nice or innocent. They all have story of their own and sometimes being selfish just like a normal human being. Chaerin hid the DNA result and tried to send Soo Ah away. Cha Eun Hyuk betrayed his boss and scheming behind their back. Soo ah using the fact that she is the biological daughter to hurt Chaerin. 

I like CRs new hair, she looked gorgeous in that red dress

and that necklace with the stars.

The elevator scene was cool.

EH and CR just passed by JS holding hands. :D

But my fav is the warm hug between EH and CR infront of her house. :wub:

On 10/18/2018 at 2:58 PM, tulip06 said:

So, because of time constraints this past week, I decided to skip last weekend’s episodes. Did the mom reject Chaerin after finding out Su A was her daughter? That’s all I want to know.

Pretty much so yes. Not so much rejected as totally ignored her, like she is no longer even there. I hate the mom, I hate the grandmother, I hate Soo Ah. I hate the Chairman. In fact I pretty much hate everyone but Chae Rin.

As many have noted, this writer has some issues, but I still can't look away. With the latest episodes I have gone from very much disliking Soo Ah to totally detesting her, right up there with evil grandmother. At this point I hope they both get hit with The Truck of Doom and then get eaten by giant gophers (or honey badgers, your choice).

After a rather messily written middle part, looks like the drama is finally picking up towards the End Times (when all the evil people get Karma-lized). Looks like Chae Rin is finally showing some guts and actually going on the attack, but I will not be convinced until I see what she does with her shares. At this point I have no faith in the father - he is so clueless and wimpy I wonder why he is even in this show - a pet gerbil would be as effective. 3/4 of the way through, so I can't give up now...

18 hours ago, Warren Lauzon said:

As many have noted, this writer has some issues, but I still can't look away. With the latest episodes I have gone from very much disliking Soo Ah to totally detesting her, right up there with evil grandmother. At this point I hope they both get hit with The Truck of Doom and then get eaten by giant gophers (or honey badgers, your choice).

After a rather messily written middle part, looks like the drama is finally picking up towards the End Times (when all the evil people get Karma-lized). Looks like Chae Rin is finally showing some guts and actually going on the attack, but I will not be convinced until I see what she does with her shares. At this point I have no faith in the father - he is so clueless and wimpy I wonder why he is even in this show - a pet gerbil would be as effective. 3/4 of the way through, so I can't give up now...

I totally agree.  I need to see what happens with those shares.

18 hours ago, Warren Lauzon said:

With the latest episodes I have gone from very much disliking Soo Ah to totally detesting her, right up there with evil grandmother. At this point I hope they both get hit with The Truck of Doom and then get eaten by giant gophers (or honey badgers, your choice).

I vote for giant swamp rats.  Nasty critters.  Very suitable for dispatching evil characters.

@maribella@maribella - - it is like he is criminal or something hiding frm that room... But everyone looks like know his place... Even his selfish father JPD & rival MJS

JPD is despicable... Selling the information about his son, lets say "wrongdoing" when he was young.

Madam Na is the worst! How can she accused others of not human being when she herself is like a monster! 

CEH can u just take MCR out of all this messy family and just start your own family life together?! But with MSA and MJS chasing them around, i dont think they can even get far from them. Some more, its MCR who has an issue clinging to the Mins and MP. 

I wish our OTP will get real reward in the ending. 

Archived