[Drama 2018] Hide and Seek, 숨바꼭질

0ly40

I really enjoy this show actually...i've seen a lot of criticisms but hide and seek is not that bad...maybe everybody has their own opinions but for me, it's good.

And to people calling CR the 'evil one' (i've read comments on various websites etc.) CR has never done anything remarkably evil or anything worth for us to hate (not even an evil deed) except for the fact she probably would die for the Min family to treat her as family and for trying to take SA's place but that's all she yearns for, and the company is something she probably feels like she has to take along is because she worked hard to make it where it is; not that she's really greedy for money or anything. On the other hand, what EH did was wrong, he was wrong to kiss her on the day of his wedding with another woman but that doesn't make him an 'evil' person. No one is actually evil in the show except the people of Taesan Group (who are using people (the ex wives of JS) as stepping stones for their company). SA's grandmother (she's not even evil but she's totally obssessed with blood line lol & treats CR badly.) So I don't understand why people are trying to identify the evil people. Not all shows need a distinctive evil villain who carries out all the nasty deeds only to get their retribution by spending time repaying for their sins in jail. I mean if all shows were really like that then it'll be really boring and basic, no?

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, leeludas said:

wives of JS) as stepping stones for their company). SA's grandmother (she's not even evil but she's totally obssessed with blood line lol & treats CR badly.) So

As you said everybody has his/ her own opinion.

The old woman tried to kill CR when she was young. CR was emotionally abused from the moment she stepped into that house, a child of 8, by the old woman. She used CR to save her company forcing her to marry little Mun... just a few  horrible things that I caught after watching 6-7 episodes.

I am sure a lot of people including child advocate social workers will consider her vicious and black hearted, that would be evil to me.

21 hours ago, grapefruit7 said:

@thistle  @jechoi1  i also believe that these are human nature.. Selfishness, greediness, and envy are the common ones...  And some people tend to be more evil..

However, i believe it is human nature also to balance evilness with goodness. And some people tend to be lacking on this one. 

Anyways.. @jechoi1@jechoi1 i believe those characters u listed, shall i say as less evil, could gain themselves redemption towards the ending.. 

Let’s not forget the grandmother wanted to let a child die in her house so that her own grand daughter could suck out the voodoo energy back in the early episodes and that child, CR was aware of it while she was sick in their basement. She ate that expensive ginseng to live. That CR didn’t live her life trying to kill them all after that is a testament to her basic goodness.

that Su A is busy torturing someone for “taking her man” when he was running from her cloying sweetness is a testament to her basic evil.

and the rest just suck, other than EH, who just was born to the wrong father, who beat him and forced him into the wrong things.  They can all go to the fiery pit, along with Granny and Su A, with the exception of the adoptive sisters, who didn’t know anything.

22 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

That CR didn’t live her life trying to kill them all after that is a testament to her basic goodness.

Survival instinct may be somewhat different than basic goodness. 

Also, basically she could get satisfaction (aka, revenge) against her "family" by outlasting them long enough to inherit--that's what a passive aggressive does for "the win." 

1 hour ago, thistle said:

Survival instinct may be somewhat different than basic goodness. 

Also, basically she could get satisfaction (aka, revenge) against her "family" by outlasting them long enough to inherit--that's what a passive aggressive does for "the win." 

I seriously do not see that here.

okay, so looks like CR did give up her stocks, and my guess is that Su A’s eff-ups will get them back for her next week.

and yay! In the preview, CR finally wants out of that horrible family! She’s finally realizing they suck! Such a relief. But, and this is my guess, that like all toxic energy vampires, they will want to keep her now that she wants to leave, grandma included.

Well i cant decipher exactly where MCR stand now. But if she is giving up her so called family because they threatened to hurt CEH then this i guess speaks how much deeper their relationship now! 

Although i still have the feeling that many obstacles will come.. Chairman Moon doesnt look like he will just let CEH slide on deceiving him. 

And i think the guy in the motorcycle, idk  maybe working with Ms Kim (?) could also be the one who hires JPD to kidnap MSA. 

Anyways.. Everything is getting intense. Our OTP is geting blow after blow... 

I knew it. There was something wrong about the secretary and we were right. It seems like she ordered the kidnapping but now the question is WHY? On second thought, it's obvious the old hag screwed up a lot of people so :expressionless:

It seems like in the preview, SA messes up something in the company and Now they are realizing they need MCR in their lives. However it looks like CR wants to dissolve the adoption which won't be happening anytime soon:weary:. And from the looks of it, I would say EH is CR bottomline and if something happens to him, these people are screwed.

Intense is right.... I think we're finally getting to the heart of the drama and sparks will begin to fly.  I can't believe Grandma thinks SA can pick up being a CFO in "on the job training".  One boo-boo from her and the company is doomed and eaten up by another company.

Only 3 more weekends left of this drama, so onward we go.  Ms. Kim seems to be getting more face time, so I wonder what part she will play in helping MCR.

11 minutes ago, msmy said:

I can't believe Grandma thinks SA can pick up being a CFO in "on the job training".  One boo-boo from her and the company is doomed and eaten up by another company.

*****evil laughter*****  Just what they deserve.  Hopefully this is only the beginning of the retribution.

5 hours ago, grapefruit7 said:

And i think the guy in the motorcycle, idk  maybe working with Ms Kim (?) could also be the one who hires JPD to kidnap MSA. 

Not Ms Kim’s but the Chairman’s. He told EH that it was the only way to get EH to see him.

I skipped so much of Eps 33-36, I am wondering if I should skip the show entirely. CR is the idiot of all idiots. EH asked her to abandon the Mins after she was physically ejected by the mother. She replied that they were her family.  Even  the father ignored her pathetic self at the gate and slammed it in her face. The scene was almost 5 minutes, I think to tug at our heartstrings. It may have worked with Korean viewers, I was FF. The only unidiotic thing she did was to choose EH when he asked her to choose him or little Mun. She was still going to work after being booted from the house, negotiating the China deal- it was so important to ‘us’. Hahhh us? 

5 hours ago, lu09 said:

I knew it. There was something wrong about the secretary and we were right. It seems like she ordered the kidnapping but now the question is WHY? On second thought, it's obvious the old hag screwed up a lot of people so :expressionless:

It seems like in the preview, SA messes up something in the company and Now they are realizing they need MCR in their lives. However it looks like CR wants to dissolve the adoption which won't be happening anytime soon:weary:. And from the looks of it, I would say EH is CR bottomline and if something happens to him, these people are screwed.

I didn’t catch the part about the secretary being involved in the kidnapping. ‘Why?’ In the tradition of Save The Last Dance, her father/ brother/ husband could have been blamed for the loss of some formula that the old woman managed to acquire with someone’s help. 

I have no idea why CR wanted the adoption dissolved. Maybe they were forcing her to go back to Little Mun, using the adoption card.

edit: I liked the part when EH went to see the Min family and confessed to his role in the kidnapping. SA was smirking  a few minutes earlier, thinking she had wrested him from CR. :lol: 

5 hours ago, maribella said:

CR is the idiot of all idiots. EH asked her to abandon the Mins after she was physically ejected by the mother. She replied that they were her family.  Even  the father ignored her pathetic self at the gate and slammed it in her face. The scene was almost 5 minutes, I think to tug at our heartstrings. It may have worked with Korean viewers, I was FF.

So glad I chose not to watch that Agony-Fest!  It was bound to happen.  And, of course, people were supposed to be very upset because it was CR's dear Daddy whom she liked best.  But this isn't the first time Dad has turned on CR (remember when SA pushed her way into their lunch together and Dad totally shut CR down).  

Said it before but I have to say it again:  I have no sympathy for any of these characters.  Every one of them is thoughtless, selfish, and cruel. 

I'm only checking in here because I'm curious how this drama will all end up.  My guess is that the ending will be as ridiculously stupid as the story line has become.  Really such a shame.

On 10/27/2018 at 8:59 AM, maribella said:

I am quite sure  the otp will end up together, but the part that really turn me off with these revenge dramas is at the end, it is ‘forgiveness all around’, even for the main antagonist who might have spent 95% of the show persecuting the main character. 

I can just see all the evil characters be whitewashed, excused and be forgiven. 

Perhaps they will kill off the old woman before the show ends.

Agreed - that is one thing I hate about some k-dramas and even a few j-dramas. The worst I have ever seen was in some drama called "Food of the Gods" or something similar. The "bad girl" had tried everything from poison, attempted murder, blackmail, extortion, physical violence, sabotage, and numerous lies to take down the "good girl". Yet in the end all was forgiven - almost caused me to give up on k-dramas for months.

On 10/27/2018 at 10:16 AM, leeludas said:

I really enjoy this show actually...i've seen a lot of criticisms but hide and seek is not that bad...maybe everybody has their own opinions but for me, it's good.

And to people calling CR the 'evil one' (i've read comments on various websites etc.) CR has never done anything remarkably evil or anything worth for us to hate ...

I don't think that CR is evil. She made some mistakes, but has devoted her life and energy to the family and company and gotten nothing but the shaft for  it.

And IMO, the grandmother *IS* truly an evil person. Perhaps the worst, but far from the only one. I don't see Soo Ah as being much better - she KNOWS how evil grandma is, but is more than willing to collude and plot with her for her own ends.

19 hours ago, tulip06 said:

okay, so looks like CR did give up her stocks, and my guess is that Su A’s eff-ups will get them back for her next week.

and yay! In the preview, CR finally wants out of that horrible family! She’s finally realizing they suck! Such a relief. But, and this is my guess, that like all toxic energy vampires, they will want to keep her now that she wants to leave, grandma included.

I still think she was stupid to agree to give up the stocks, unless she has some hidden plan. But at least the previews give some hint that this toxic nest of vipers is about to go down big time. From the previews, it appears that Soo Ah is in WAY over her head at the company.

This is the drama that I love to hate. Every character in it has flaws, and many are just downright hateful and evil. CR is the only one I have any sympathy for at all. I just hope this ends up the way it SHOULD end up - with all the evil freaks burned in hell and/or hauled off to jail. And many of those that are not downright bad are stupid - like SA/CR's father. The mother is batspit crazy obsessed and should be in an asylum. Not going to pretend this is a great show - but like a train wreck, I can't look away.

Archived