[Drama 2018] Hide and Seek, 숨바꼭질

0ly40

I think the only reason I'm still watching is because this airs on Saturdays.  2 full episodes, both on Saturday, which means that I'm left hanging with nothing to watch on my Saturday.  But the acting is just horrible.  The screencaps above just shows how awful the acting has gotten.  The writer tries to throw in little twists here and there, but she's borrowing from used tropes that every drama watcher knows so there is no surprise.

Right now, the only thing I'm curious about is Secretary Ears (i.e., Grandma's secretary).  What is her story?  It looks like she was SA's mom's friend who ended up being Grandma's secretary.  But I still can't quite tell if she's on Team CR or just her own team.  We've seen her help CR, but then we've also seen her be really hateful to her when no one else is around.  Perhaps like someone else said, CR is actually her daughter.  Maybe she's the one telling Grandma to go see a fortune teller about bringing in another child when SA was sick.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

So, because of time constraints this past week, I decided to skip last weekend’s episodes. 

Wish I could help but I didn't watch.  I was too annoyed with the turn the show has taken.  

20 hours ago, tulip06 said:

So, because of time constraints this past week, I decided to skip last weekend’s episodes. Did the mom reject Chaerin after finding out Su A was her daughter? That’s all I want to know.

The episode ended with Sua revealing who she is.  Very dramatic, with her running to the mom's home and when her mom comes to the front gate, Sua stands outside and starts singing that song.  Mom is all, omona, and shocked, other mom also shows up right at that moment (also on foot), and CR also exits her car right at that moment.  End of episode.

There is a Chaerin hater on Viki saying the nastiest stuff about her, and the funny thing is, Chaerin is the heroine. So, joke’s on that stupid commenter who will see their nemesis win. :lol:

I don’t understand people who get on just to be mean, tbh.  I understand being mad at the villains, but where you are laughing at another’s pain, that seems a bit much.

So it turns out that Mom pretty much rejects CR as soon as Sua returns to her.  So, Sua sings that stupid song and Mom is all crying, then starts to faint.  CR runs to her and both she and Sua are all, "Mom, Mom."  CR gets snarky and tells Sua to leave bc can't she see that her presence is what caused Mom to faint?  Also, where were you all these years if you're so concerned about Mom?  Sua says she'll be the one to take care of her mom.  CR actually pushes Sua away.  The two get Mom to stand up (since Mom didn't really faint), and Mom pulls her arm away from CR and asks Sua to support her.

And Secretary Ears is definitely up to something.  I still don't know if she's actually CR's birth mom or what.  But she definitely has something out for Grandma.  I mean, who wouldn't?  But then, maybe Secretary Ears should have quit years ago instead of holding on to some sort of grudge like this.  CR and Secretary Ears and of course Papa Moon seem to be the winners here with the brains in this drama.  The Min Family will go down because: (1) Grandma is just a rich and ignorant bully who is amassing enemies, (2) Dad does not seem to bright or ambitious, (3) Mom is a useless shell, and (4) Sua was kidnapped and lacks the education necessary to make a formidable player.

And, we learn that EH is the one who actually lured Sua away when she was a little girl.  He was watching her play hide and seek, followed her, and then asked her to follow him because I think her mom needed her or something like that.  At this point, I dislike him to the point where I like it when Son Moon mistreats CR in front of him.  So, it serves him right to feel guilt and whatever when he realizes that not only did he help kidnap a little girl, but that he then later in life screws that girl over.

Hmm, seems from the preview that Chaerin transfers her shares to Su A next week out of guilt. That makes me sad. She worked hard for those shares.

@jechoi1 it is an amazingly stupid song.

another thought: maybe Chaerin will be saved from losing her shares at the last minute by a reveal of the granny’s evil voodoo? The parents have no clue what she did and the mother was wailing at her that what was she doing that she sent Su A to that house from which she was abducted.

I havent watch the full episodes with eng sub coz it is lagging. 

CR is like a punching bag by her adopted family. How can she take all these insults.. Whether directly or not, they have no right to do it to her. 

I am disliking SA more and more.  She really belong to those monstrous family! 

I wonder what is the real intention of CR exhusband.. Looks like he does like CR as a woman. 

I think SA "adopted" family will be her weakness later. If only CR was brought by a loving mother, she can easily forget & leave the Min's

Well, I am team CR and up to now, despite that despicable family, i still find that she is a good person. She always take defense, never an offense.

MJS is becoming obsessed on MCR. He is like the male version of MSA. But i find it realistic that they see or blame the fault of the other person their loved ones wants. MSA is angry on MCR because she thinks she steal CEH from her. Even telling lies to MJS that MCR was the one who kiss CEH on her wedding day. MJS on the other hand think its CEH who kisses MCR first!

I think later on,, MCR will also be blamed by her family on why MSA didnt get to marry CEH since that real heiress is trying to get sympathy & hide her true color! Pretending to be bullied by MCR, etc. 

As for the preview.. I am confused on what is the feeling of CEH to MSA when they were young? It seems he likes her? . Or his father ask him to lure her outside so he can kidnap her? That is why he is guilty? How can people blamed it on a child who is merely following his father's order? Or there is a bigger reason why CEH should feel in debted to MSA as per his father's words?

I am still curious on where the story goes.. Hoping for a happy ending to our OTP.. MJS can still become a good business partner of MCR :).... MSA... I think u are good match to your lawyer friend. U dont even deserve MJS for me lol

Archived