[Drama 2018] Tomorrow Is Sunny as Well / Sunny Again Tomorrow, 내일도 맑음

0ly40

Gosh, I really can't stand the Grandma. I can see why JH and her sister act they way they do. There is no way they could have turned out different with such a mother. That whole family is annoying, except Jihu and Tory :lol:

The relationship between HN and her adoptive mom is just so beautiful. HN loves and admires her so much. I can't even imagine how HN is going to react when she finds out she's not her biological daughter...it's going to be so painful for her :(

Tomorrow's episode should be interesting. I hope HN doesn't hold back and tells JH some home truths...

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, marrez1 said:

no one has thought of the fact that it is perhaps the sister of the main character who is the real  missing daughter ??

It could be, but I think Sarang is a few years younger, so the ages don't match. Besides, it looks like they are pairing her with Jihu, who would happen to be her blood cousin :wacko:...so I don't think so :unsure:

SUNNY AGAIN TOMORROW

RECAP, EPISODE 16

Kang corners the elusive Kim. 

When Kim discovers that she is “Mr. Kang’s” daughter, he becomes more cooperative.  He tells her he  was afraid she was someone to whom he owed money.  He does not fear her because he wrote the

Contract in such a way that what she once owed her Father, he no longer owes her.

One of the sweatshop women tells Kang to be assured:  If Kim owes her money, she will never get it back. 

Lee’s Father calls his Mother.  She hangs up on him.

Lee and his Father have lunch and are uncomfortable in each other’s presence.  His Father learns about his Mother’s job for the first time.

Lee’s Sister, at work, struggles with the issue of what to do with the Fey Caballero.  She pleads a headache and leaves work early.

While jogging, Park’s Father literally runs across a handbill seeking the return of Yoon’s lost dog.  He calls Yoon’s Brother In Law and tells him he has his dog.

Halmoni and the Brother In Law arrive at Park’s home.  Halmoni is happier to see the dog than she is to see most people.  But is she grateful to Park Sr. for finding and returning him?  No, she is angry that he hasn’t given the dog a bath. 

Park Sr. calls the dog a mutt but Halmoni insists it is a Bichon Frisse.  Park Sr. is already aware that he’s dealing with a Bich,   Referring to Halmoni’s expensive clothes, he reminds her that a fish wrapped in silk is the same as a fish wrapped in newspaper.  She pretends not to understand.

When it is finally time to leave, Halmoni is irritated when it appears that her dog would rather remain with Park Sr..  When the Brother In Law tries to give Park Sr. a reward, he is told where he can file it.

Halmoni and the Brother In Law return home.  After a very brief struggle with his conscience, the Brother In Law decides to save the reward for himself.  When he opens the money envelope, he discovers that it contains only $500, whereas the missing dog notice had promised a $1000 reward.

Hwang’s Brother is trying to study but he is distracted by Kang’s Sister walking by.  He catches up with her but she plays hard to get.

Lee’s Sister meets the Fey Caballero and tells him that their love can never be unless he finds a J-O-B.  And is somehow reborn as a Korean.  Nevertheless, she persists.  She meets him with a sheaf of papers to register their marriage.

At his office, Lee is just about to finally consummate a dinner date with Hwang when a marriage certificate pops up on his cellphone.  She is angry when he breaks yet another date.

Invitations to dinner simultaneously pop up on the cell phones of Lee and his parents.

Park and Kang arrive home at the same time and, once again, he Mansplains life to her.

Someone calls Kang offering an interview for a job.

Kang and her Sister discover that someone has posted a video of their mother’s confrontation with Yoon in the rain on the Internet:

Yoon is said to be offering Kang's Mother “The Yellow Umbrella Of Forgiveness.”

19 hours ago, marrez1 said:

no one has thought of the fact that it is perhaps the sister of the main character who is the real  missing daughter ??

I don't think so. If I'm not mistaken the missing daughter is older than Ji Eun and the Ha Nee's sister is not older than her. She' still in college right?

Someone save me. I'm getting annoyed with the male lead's mom. She's gone crazy like her friend.

6 hours ago, xiashenghan said:

I don't think so. If I'm not mistaken the missing daughter is older than Ji Eun and the Ha Nee's sister is not older than her. She' still in college right?

Someone save me. I'm getting annoyed with the male lead's mom. She's gone crazy like her friend.

Law of the Kdrama. The richer the family is the nuttier they are. Anyways I think our boy Lee might subconsciously like Kang. She is impulsive and extroverted, just like the women in his family. I think his mom kept trying to set him up with introverts when all the women in his life are a little nutty.

SUNNY AGAIN TOMORROW

RECAP, EPISODE 17

Kang and her Sister are saddened by the Internet video.  They agree to keep its existence fromm their Mother.

Kang and her Mother and Sister eat dinner.  Her Sister becomes testy and storms out of the room.  Kang herself hasn’t much of an appetite.

Responding to their Daughter’s invitation, Lee’s Mother and Father encounter each other in a restaurant’s private dining room.  They bicker.  Lee joins them and together they wonder why they are there.

Lee’s Father welcomes his Mother to the world of paid employment:  “It sucks!”

Lee’s Sister and the Fey Caballero approach the restaurant.  Each takes a deep breath.

Lee’s Sister enters the private dining room alone.  Then the Fey Caballero enters and is introduced by name.  He and Lee begin to shake hands but end up trying to break each others knuckles.    Her parents think the Fey Caballero is nice enough for an Eye-talian, but Why is he here?

Lee’s Father asks if this is Lee’s Sister’s boyfriend.  She mumbles yes.  She tells them that she and the Eye-talian want to live with each other.  Her parents are shocked.  Then she assures them that all of the relevant paperwork has been registered and they enter Earth’s orbit.

Lee’s parents drag his Sister home for an emotional beat-down.  Lee tags along.  They view the marriage registration certificate and her Mother faints dead away.

Alone in the darkness, the Fey Caballero keeps calling his Wife but she doesn’t answer.

Lee’s Mother is sick in bed.  His Father sits by her bedside.  She awakens and tells him that she saw a document in nightmare.  He tells her she wasn’t dreaming.  He shows her the marriage registration and she collapses again.  He tears the document to pieces.

Lee’s Sister weeps in her bedroom while her Brother scolds her.    She tells him that he doesn’t know what love is.  There can be no disputing that.  Lee leaves the room and his Father replaces him.  He asks her to confess that the marriage certificate is a practical jpke.  When he learns this isn’t the case, he figures that if he can keep her chaste until morning they can go back to the district court and have the marriage annulled.  They scream at each other.  Then her Mother enters and beats her about the head and shoulders.  Lee stands in the hallway and listens to the carnage.

Back at the Yoon household, Halmoni complains that although Park Sr. had her dog for a whole day he didn’t bathe it once.  Halmoni complains that it cost $1000 to get the dog back and her Son In Law winces.

Kang watches the Internet video again on her computer.   Kang turns the computer off when her Mother enters the room.   Kang’s Mother jokes about her “future in-law,” meaning Park’s Father downstairs.

Morning.

Park listens while his Father rattles on about the ingratitude of the Bich with the Bichon.

Lee’s Mother enters the living room and finds her estranged husband asleep on the couch.  He awakens and runs out the door when he discovers he is late for work.

Lee’s Mother enters his Sister’s bedroom.  She tells her to get ready to accompany her to the District Court but her Daughter notes that since it is Saturday, the courthouse is closed.  They scream at each other again.  Lee’s Father, having realized that it is Saturday, joins the two women.

Yoon’s Son In Law tries to hide the reward money but her Sister catches him in the act.  They bicker.

At breakfast, Yoon agrees to help her Brother In Law purchase the academy.  But Halmoni orders her not to.

Yoon follows Halmoni into her bedroom for a talk.  We learn that compared to Halmoni, Yoon is Mother Theresa.  Yoon’s nephew enters and tells her that “her video” has been posted on the Internet.  Yoon calls someone and has the video deleted.

Kang and some other candidates are interviewed by dour salarymen.  When Kang discovers that they have already decided to hire a rich twit, she lights into them.

Kang returns home and binges on side dishes.  She discovers that her Mother has thrown away the dress she gave her.  Angered, she runs out of the house.

. . . And straight to the House of Yoon.  As Kang arrives, Yoon is on her way out.

They lock eyes as Kang prepares to tell Yoon precisely what she can do with her Yellow Umbrella of Forgiveness.

So back to our main couple, the only development we had all week is Lee thinking about Kang briefly and regretting it immediately. This is quite some romance the writer has for us.

6 minutes ago, zoks said:

So back to our main couple, the only development we had all week is Lee thinking about Kang briefly and regretting it immediately. This is quite some romance the writer has for us.

:wub: CAN YOU JUST FEEL THE LOVE:wub:

SUNNY AGAIN TOMORROW

RECAP, EPISODE 18

Yoon emerges from her fashion emporium and is confronted by Kang.  Re the video, Yoon is like Watcha gonna to do about it?   Kang tells her that one day she will see Yoon on her knees for her own daughter.  This strikes a nerve and Yoon tries to strike Park, but Park stays her hand.  Stymied, Yoon retreats back into the House of Yoon.

Kang returns home.  Her Mother tells her that she can’t throw out the dress because she remembers the spirit in which Kang bought it for her.  Kang apologizes for acting in a way that forced her Mother to get down on her knees before Yoon.

Now that Halmoni’s dog is home, it won’t eat her expensive dog food.  Yoon’s Brother In Law calls Park Sr. who tells him that he fed the dog “leftovers from our own meals.”

Yoon’s Brother In Law watches while the dog happily tucks into a bowl of soybean paste soup.  Halmoni is disgusted at the plebeian tastes her dog has acquired.  When he tells her that he intends to eat a bowl of soybean paste food himself since it’s lunch time, she is disgusted that he would “eat what the dog is eating.”  As is her wont, she heaps scorn on her hapless Son In Law. 

Yoon’s Brother In Law learns that his Mother sent him some food but Halmoni ordered the Maid to put it away because it “Smelled bad.”

Hwang’s Brother encounters Kang’s Sister in a coffee shop as he arrives for a private tutoring lesson.  She acts nasty and stuck up and moves to another table.

Kang’s Sister is waiting to make some money on a tutoring assignment.  Her tutee is late.  She calls him and Hwang’s Brother’s phone rings. 

Kang’s Sister receives a text from her tutee telling her that “something came up” and he can’t make it.

Lee’s Sister is hoping to sneak out of her house to consummate her marriage but discovers that her Father is standing guard outside her bedroom door.

Lee leaves his office at the end of the day with a frustrated look on his face.  Hwang’s co-worker remarks that he must be seeing someone.

Apparently giving up on Lee, Hwang calls Park.  They meet at an outdoor café.   When she tries to repay the money she owes him, he ignores her and orders drinks.

At another café, Lee and the Fey Caballero face off wordlessly.  The Fey Caballero professes his love for Lee’s Sister and reminds Lee that Love Trumps Borders.

Back at Chez Lee, Lee’s Mother is demanding that his Sister take a pregnancy test.  Why would a Korean marry a non-Korean if she isn’t pregnant?

Lee’s Mother enters the living room and picks a fight with her estranged husband.  Each blames the other for the Italian.  When Lee tries to calm them, his Father storms out of the house.

Lee tells his Sister he will support her but she needs to teach her husband some Korean.  For some reason Kang pops into his mind and he can’t fathom why.

Halmoni smells something.  She and her daughters follow the smell into the dining room.

Yoon’s Son In Law sits at the dining room table.  The various dishes that his Mother sent him are on the table, cooked and ready to eat.  He is spoiling for a fight.  The three women complain that the food smells bad, is too salty, etc..  He rebukes them and proceeds to eat all of the food himself.

Yoon’s Sister and her Husband retire to their bedroom for a Talk.  She tells him he needs to suck up to Halmoni if he wants money to buy the Academy.  They shout at each other.

In her bedroom, Halmoni confesses that she ordered the Maid to throw the food parcel out.  Halmoni confesses that she hates her Son In Law.  Yoon is not exactly surprised.  Halmoni grudgingly agrees to apologize, “tomorrow.”

Back at the outdoor café, the empty bottles are beginning to accumulate on the table between Park and Hwang.  She complains about being stood up by Lee the other night.  Park tells her that her feeling for Lee sounds like unrequited love.  She denies that love has anything to do with it.  They agree to become “drinking buddies:”  No names, No strings, No benefits . . .

Kang and her Sister discuss the video being taken down and enjoy a Sisterly Moment.

Kang returns to her room and looks at her late Father’s ill fated contract with Kim.

The next morning, Kim enters his sweatshop and is surprised to find Kang waiting for him.  She tells him that she is assuming her late Father’s role in the partnership agreement.

Kang smiles broadly.  Kim doesn’t.

On 5/23/2018 at 5:50 AM, zhanna said:

What a boring episode! :rolleyes: The worst part about every daily drama are always the comic relief characters and how much screen time they get. I couldn't care less about the main guy's sister and their parents. They're just annoying and a waste of time. 

It looks like more comic relief is on the way as Leo (the "Fey Caballero") marries into the plot.

He and Lee's Sister vaguely resemble Ricky and Lucy of "I Love Lucy."  Since the couple doesn't have the means to live on their own, there will probably be an "Archie Bunker v. Meathead" vibe between Leo and his xenophobic Father In Law.  

Lots of possibilities for boilerplate domestic comedy with these two characters if "writer's block" rears its ugly head.

According to "The Internet,"  the man who plays Leo is actually a Frenchman who moved to Korea and has become a Korean television personality.

20 minutes ago, jimb said:

According to "The Internet,"  the man who plays Leo is actually a Frenchman who moved to Korea and has become a Korean television personality.

His name is Robin Deiana. He was a fixed cast member/panel (season 1) on the variety show "Abnormal Summit." There was a panel of about a dozen foreign members (representing their home countries) who discussed a variety of topics among themselves in a sort of a round table discussion and/or on a topic the guest of the day brings to them. It was pretty interesting. I'm sad that it is currently on hiatus and/or cancelled. Loved hearing each countries viewpoints on certain agendas. 

For season 2, only two (representatives from Canada & Italy) of the original foreign panel along with the 3 main MCs returned.

I still don't get the deal with the male lead's parents. I know they're upset and all but the nuna is an adult. Good thing male lead (I still don't remember his name) is the only sane person in his family and lecturing his parents. Now I just get annoyed whenever I see his mom.

1 hour ago, zoks said:

I hope Kang and Lee don't run into each other at that market. Let's see how far in we can go with them not interacting.

Yeha what si uwp with this?

We need them to interact much more to atleast hate each other for awhile they not even doing that .

SUNNY AGAIN TOMORROW

RECAP, EPISODE 19

Kang goes for a run and flashes back on recent bad experiences with would-be employers and Yoon.

Yoon’s Sister is awakened by her Son who whines about his tutor.  She tells him that she will think about getting him a new one.

Kang shows up at Kim’s sweatshop and tells him she is ready to learn the fashion business from him.  He tries to discourage her.  But she threatens to call the Police about the sketchy contract and he decides it’s better to tolerate her in his shop than face her in court.  He gives her a pile of binders to read.

Her virtue still intact as of Monday morning, Lee’s Mother shadows his Sister at the House of Yoon to make sure that she neither hankies nor pankies with her legal husband.  Yoon and her Sister walk in and Lee’s Mother pretends that she doesn’t know her daughter.

Yoon breaks the heel on her shoe.  Her Sister runs to get her another pair.  Yoon likes the shoes.

Alone in her office, Lee’s Sister makes contact with the Fey Caballero (hereinafter, Leo) on the office landline.

Hwang’s boss wants her to talk with Yoon about doing a line of clothes for the Home Shopping Network.  She also saw Hwang with Park at the tent bar and thinks they look like a nice couple.  Hwang winces.  Lee takes note.  Actually, he doesn’t.  She tells him that Park isn’t her boyfriend and he has no idea what she is talking about.

In his office, Park receives a call from the man who was to be his first published author.  He has jumped ship for a better offer.  Park sputters into the phone.

Lee’s Sister starts to leave at the end of the workday but is waylaid by her Mother.  When Yoon’s Sister tells Lee’s Mother that she has to work late, Lee’s Sister makes a run for it.

Yoon’s Sister notes that her Husband is running up big restaurant bills on their credit card.  Later, Yoon’s Sister learns that her sales associate is her designer’s mother.

Lee’s Sister leaves in a cab before her Mother can catch her.  But her estranged husband drives up in the nick of time and they Follow That Cab.

Lee’s Parents arrive home and bicker.  The cab driver somehow managed to evade them.  He tells her that since their daughter is an adult there is no grounds to annul her marriage.  He suggests that the only alternative to persuade their daughter to divorce Leo.  But Lee’s Mother doesn’t want to be the mother of a divorcee.  Time to grasp the bull by the tale and Face The Situation.  Or Not.  Lee’s Mother searches and finds her Daughter’s passport/

Lee’s Sister and Brother In Law have dinner.

Back at the sweatshop, Kim is piling work on Kang.

In a tent bar, Yoon’s Brother In Law is plying himself with drink.  Park enters the tent bar and sits at another table.

Yoon’s Sister notices that her Husband isn’t around.  She receives another credit card alert re his drinks at the tent bar.  She calls him and tells him it’s time to come home.  He drunkenly rings off.  She lets the rest of the household know that he has run away from home.  Halmoni is not sad.

Lee’s Parents step out of their house and find their Daughter and Leo on the doorstep.  Leo shields Lee’s Sister from her Mother’s blows.  They try to tell Leo to go home but don’t know how to day “go home” in Italian. 

Lee arrives home and surveys his feuding family.  Everyone enters the house.  Including Leo.  Leo gets down on his knees and pleads.  Lee’s Mother tries to day “go away” in Italian.  Lee informs his Parents that attempting to make his Sister divorce may not be a viable option.

Meanwhile, Kang’s Mother doesn’t think that her daughter’s plan to enter the fashion industry via Kim’s sweatshop is a viable option.  Kang says her dream has always been to be a fashion designer.  Must be that Bad Yoon Blood flowing through her veins.

Back at the tent bar, Park is pounding the soju as he receives more bad news about another author.

Park arrives home and stumbles into his Father’s arms.  His Father puts him to bed.

Kang sits in her bedroom and tries to sketch fashion designs.

Yoon tells her Sister she really likes the shoes she borrowed.  Her Sister gives her the name and address of the shoemaker.

Yoon’s Brother In Law has apparently spent the night at a sauna.  Refreshed, he goes to a fast food joint for breakfast.

Kang shows Kim the designs she drew the night before.

Kang looks on in horror as Kim tears the sketches into little pieces.

9 hours ago, xiashenghan said:

I still don't get the deal with the male lead's parents. I know they're upset and all but the nuna is an adult. Good thing male lead (I still don't remember his name) is the only sane person in his family and lecturing his parents. Now I just get annoyed whenever I see his mom.

Lee's parents are not that fond of Leo to begin with.

But worse, marrying without one's parents permission is a major breach of the Korean Code, regardless of her age.

11 hours ago, jimb said:

Lee's parents are not that fond of Leo to begin with.

But worse, marrying without one's parents permission is a major breach of the Korean Code, regardless of her age.

Thanks for that info.

Oh yeah. I think I'm forgetting something. Have Ha Nee and Ji Eun met before? I was as surprised as Ha Nee when Ji Eun suddenly took that money.

On 01/06/2018 at 10:55 AM, whome said:

His name is Robin Deiana. He was a fixed cast member/panel (season 1) on the variety show "Abnormal Summit." There was a panel of about a dozen foreign members (representing their home countries) who discussed a variety of topics among themselves in a sort of a round table discussion and/or on a topic the guest of the day brings to them. It was pretty interesting. I'm sad that it is currently on hiatus and/or cancelled. Loved hearing each countries viewpoints on certain agendas. 

For season 2, only two (representatives from Canada & Italy) of the original foreign panel along with the 3 main MCs returned.

Maybe he's meant for variety shows. His acting is very bad, not natural at all. The first few times he appeared, I was expecting him to scam the always-pouting Miss Lee! 

I agree with @Jimb. In Asian culture, marriage is not just between bride & groom. But two families, extended families too.  This half-Asian loves this about the Asian culture!

Archived