[Drama 2018] Secret Mother 시크릿마더

larus

Spoiler

Watch: SBS’s Upcoming Weekend Drama “Secret Mother” Drops Mysterious First Look At Cast

Kim-So-Yeon1.jpg

BS’s upcoming weekend drama “Secret Mother” has released its first teaser video and behind-the-scene stills.

“Secret Mother” is a mystery-thriller drama centered around the friendship that forms when a mysterious surrogate mother, Kim Eun Young (Kim So Yeon), enters the home of Kim Yoon Jin (Song Yoon Ah). Kim Eun Young fakes her identity as Lisa Kim to uncover details about her sister, who disappeared without a trace, while Kim Yoon Jin has been hiding a secret about her child’s death.

The teaser video shows the appearance of five women, Kim Yoon Jin, Kim Eun Young, Kang Hye Jung (Seo Young Hee), Myung Hwa Sook (Kim Jae Hwa), and Song Ji Ae (Oh Yeon Ah), and hints at the strange atmosphere surrounding them.

The clip starts with Kim So Yeon walking as she drags a black suitcase. She can be heard saying, “My sister has disappeared. This house contains hints about my sister.”

As Kim So Yeon continues walking up the street, the voice-over includes comments by the various neighbors. Kim Jae Hwa remarks, “A girl I’ve never seen before has appeared.” Oh Yeon Ah says, “What’s certain is that this girl doesn’t fit with this place,” while Seo Young Hee adds, “If that’s the case, wouldn’t it be right to chase her out immediately?”

more https://www.soompi.com/2018/04/24/watch-sbss-upcoming-weekend-drama-secret-mother-drops-mysterious-first-look-cast/

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first shooting scene of SBS new weekend drama 'Secret Mother' Song Yoona was revealed.

http://www.joongboo.com/?mod=news&act=articleView&idxno=1246484

1246484_1109634_0612.jpg

Capturing the first shot, Song Yoon A
Although Yoon Jin got her perfect plan, Minjoon's grades are not so perfect, and the competition between children and mothers who started the entrance examination planning from the beginning to the end of the year.
The first scene of the filming was the capture of Yoonjin, who is waiting at the appointment place for interviewing the surrogate mother. As soon as something happened, Yoon Jin rushes out of the cafe and looks around here and there.

Yoona expressed her intention to "Do my best to make a good work that meets the expectation of viewers." and raised public interest. As evidenced by, Song Yoon A has led the scene atmosphere with a passionate and positive energy, expressing the character's suddenly changing feelings with delicate emotions, and making the scene more attractive.

source

translation credit songyoonamylove

Actress Son Seung-Woo confirmed her appearance on SBS new weekend drama "Secret Mother"
2018042508404315828-540x810.jpg

Son Seung-woo plays a psychiatrist Shin Se-yeon and faces the main character Kim Yoon-jin (Song Yoon-a). Shin Se-yeon is a person with good sympathies and loneliness, but he is a person who is always worried about a perfect Yun Jin who has everything unlike himself who is always worried about poor origin and ability.
http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/1478672

From character description, we found out that Shin Se Yeon (Son Seung Woo) is a colleague of Kim YoonJin, she is a fellow psychiatrist, she pretends to be her friend but she an inferiority complex and she envies her. Shin Sye Yeon likes Yoon Jin`s husband (she met him at a wine bar) and it is not clear if it is a one sided crush or they will have an affair. We`ll see. Knowing kdramas, I tend to believe the later scenario.

Teaser ver.2

1 hour ago, Lolarita said:

Anyway, anyone know when or what day will be press conference? any informations on this?

Thank you in advance :)

Usually the press conference takes place a few days before the first broadcast. I assume we`ll have the press conference on Wednesday, May 9 or Thursday, May 10.

Kim So yeon stills

Secret Mother 'Kim So-yeon, ' Club Dance Queen '

image_readtop_2018_269076_15247913313293

In the drama Kim So Yeon`s character, Kim Eun Young will never be able to answer any questions, and the calculation of the head complexity of her decision was not satisfactory. Far away from 'planned and tidy', she decides to live the life of her sister-in-law, Lee Sang-mi, opposite to her original personality, in order to find her sister's place where she grew up like a sister in an orphanage.
The photo, which is released, she is not Lisa Kim, a surrogate mother of the entrance exam, but Kim Eun-young. However, under intense lighting, she seems to feel some kind of grief and bitterness in her face as the music is shaking.

"Kim Eun Young and Lisa Kim, who have to express each other differently, have met with viewers in both roles," said Kim So - yeon. "I will strive to convey the feelings that I see and feel to the viewers as well. Please expect a lot, and I would like you to send me a warm cheer. " (Google translate)

I smiled a little when I saw Soyeon in the scene, dancing in a club. :D

Lisa Kim at the club wearing a suit. :lol: Indeed she seams to be moody. I think she will want to eliminate the acumulated stress. It was a  bold move to pretend to be another person on the police chief house.

Maybe it is a translation problem, but she has a sister in law? Who will be her brother? They both grew up at the orphanage? Will Kim Eun Young be able to be a "surrogate mother", to improve the grades of Kim Yoon Jin`s son? I still can imagine what link it has that "sister" with Yoon Jin`s house. Why she dissapeared? I have a few assumtion but I will wait for more information.

In the first stills, Kim Yoon Jin (Song Yoona) had a worried look as well. It was said that she went for a "surrogate mother" interview but she ented looking worried after something/ somebody. Maybe she thought she saw her child for a moment? If I am right, it is just a coincidence that she saw her just when she had to meet the "surrogate mother"?  Questions! They are essential for a mystery drama. :lol:

Another translation

'Secret Mother' Kim So Yeon, Dance Club Queen shocking transformation...Fatal provocation .The first stills of Kim So Yeon from SBS drama "Secrect Mother" has been released.

In this drama, Kim So Yeon describe the role of Kim Eun Young, who's posing as Lisa Kim. Kim So Yeon will emit a variety of charms through a mysterious woman, Kim Eun Young. She said: "I have to express Kim Eun Young and Lisa Kim differently to meet viewers in both roles. I am grateful that I can show you various images in one work, and I am preparing so hard. Above all, the script is very interesting, I will try to convey well the feelings that I have seen and felt to viewers. Please expect a lot, and I hope you will send me warm support." "Secret Mothers", which show the transformation of Kim So Yeon's unprecedented ability to show both dramatic and polar characters at the same time, will be first broadcast on May 12 (Sat)
GG/Naver Trans from the source: http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201804271000570410

Source translation Sso fanpage

We don`t have new pictures or videos today.

I don`t know for sure how many episodes this drama will have. The episodes are devided in 2 mini episodes of 35 minutes, so each Saturday they will air 4 episodes of 35 minutes (that`s two long episodes each weak). Viki says the drama ends June 30, so it will be 8 weeks (16 long episodes per week). KoreanDrama.org says it will end July 14 , so it could be 10 weeks (20 long episodes per week). Let`s see the confirmation. 

I `ll talk about this picture if I don`t have new materials. :D

DbwdemQVwAEuPJL.jpg

Kim Eun Young (Kim So Yeon), aka Lisa Kim, is dressed in a black suit (without the suit jacket), just how she went to work. We saw pictures of Lisa Kim and Kim Yoon Jin`s son and she was wearing the same outfit. Because we know that Eun Young`s real personality, it is not odd that she went to a club. I thought that she risked her cover a little when she went there but now I think it was deliberate. We `ll see.

Who is the man in the picture? She is looking at a man and I bet he is Han Jae Yeol (Kim Tae Woo), Kim Yoon Jin`s husband but the question is why he is there ?

When Eun Young came to Yoon Jin`s house to look for her "sister" who dissapeared, she suspects Han Jae Yeon? That`s why she is looking at him, half seductively like she is toying with him, half with anger? He was a person from her past but what happen then? Who is really the woman Jae Yeol wants to forget? Eun Young or her "sister"?

Another question I have now. About Yoon Jin`s daughter. She is missing and she was presumed dead? I found this situation a little strange. The little girl is the daughter of the chief of Police. Imagine how perfect had to be the plan of her disapperence that the father won`t suspect that she might be alive. Even so, the father as a police officer, won`t stop the investigation to find the culprit. Why another detective, Ha Jung Wan, is the only one believing Yoon Jin`s teory? Why the kidnaper risked so much? Han Jae Yeol is an intriguing man. He has a dual personality as well. I want to know more about him. :wink:

The potential baddies are targeting each other? Both Jae Yeol and Lisa Kim are not what they seams to be at the first glance. This could be good. Two weeks from now.

Choi Na rin, the child actress who will play the missing daugher (the protagonists` daughter) is so cute!!!!

A little improvised dance she did after the auditions.

She made me smile. Adorable. :wub:

I noticed that they chanced the characters` description on SBS site. My first guess was that they realised that the description revealed too much from the plot. :lol: Too late, guys! I almost have a good picture of what to expect from each character, unless you changed the original plot.

Let see the new description of Han Jae Yeol (Kim Tae Woo)

A warm impression with a sophisticated physique.
An elite police officer who won the "youngest" title every time he graduated from the police college and was promoted.

Because he lost his father very early (in his childhood) and he was raised by a single mother, he naturally became a strong and solid character.
He met Yunjin with his mother's introduction,
He is a reliable husband and a well-regarded father.
He lives a stable life that has taken home, work, and everyone.

They don`t mention about meeting Yoon Jin`s psychiatrist colleague in a wine bar either.  With that smiling face (the only character that smiles so widely in the character posters) and this description  we will believe he is a saint. :D

In the upcoming days we`ll have the stills from the leading men too.

Another teaser. Much better. We have a mystery to unfold!

http://programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/secretmother/clip/53540/22000272554

The second teaser is very good. I can feel the tension. WOW! Kim Eun Young is targeting the Yoon jin `s family and let see why she infiltrated there as Lisa Kim. What happened with Yoon Jin`s daughter and why? I see that the stage of her disappearance was good. I can see why everyone thought that she is dead. Still have to know why the father did not investigate any further.

I can`t wait to watch it!!!!!!

@larus I cannot thank you enough for all your updates & info. Loving the second teaser . I’m intrigued. This storyline is unusual & I’m looking forward to how things will unfold . 

The women are the main leads & the men are here to support the storyline 

sJR ‘s agency uploaded this 

This teaser is fan-subbed 

This guy played the Chief warden in prison playbook 

[Orion's Daily Ramblings] Removed Character Descriptions Heighten the Intrigue of "Secret Mother"

By Vasia Orion on 2018/04/27 at 17:44 PST    

2018/04/27 | 633 views | Permalink

Nothing adds stress onto a thriller like knowing everyone is out to get everyone, and this is the picture that I got when I looked at the character descriptions and connections for "Secret Mother". The descriptions have since been altered and all potential spoilers have been removed, but I love indulging, so here we go.

A big warning here, that Korean drama character descriptions often include even major spoilers in them. It's also possible that plans for the plot have changed entirely between the time when the original descriptions went up and when the new ones were ready. If you don't want false expectations or potentially pivotal plot points laid bare, thanks for visiting, and save yourselves from the knowledge.

One thing that's evident when reading both the old and the new descriptions is that the children in this drama suffer. One may be developing an eating disorder, another sees her family fall apart before her very eyes. The parents are a mess full of complexes, secrets, terrible intentions, fake marriages, affairs, you name it. So, soap, but hopefully good soap.

The new information we have on our heroines shows their character a bit better. Kim  Yoon-jin (Song Yoon-ah) leads an almost emotionally dead life of near self-inflicted imprisonment. She focuses on her family while living comfortably under the shadow of her now more successful husband. On the other hand, Kim Eun-young (Kim So-yeon) only limits herself as Lisa Kim for her goal. Her actual personality is easy-going, likes games, comics, drinking and the like.

Read more https://www.hancinema.net/orion-s-daily-ramblings-removed-character-descriptions-heighten-the-intrigue-of-secret-mother-118096.html

I am glad that someone else noticed the changes in the description and told us more. An article is even better.  I also agree that this drama has the same vibe as Village: The Achiara`s Secret but from the second teaser, I found this drama more dynamic and dramatic. I like drama Village so it is a good thing.

7 hours ago, triplem said:

@larusI cannot thank you enough for all your updates & info. Loving the second teaser . I’m intrigued. This storyline is unusual & I’m looking forward to how things will unfold . 

The women are the main leads & the men are here to support the storyline 

You`re welcome, dear! I am so glad that the women will take the lead in a thriller drama. Not only the main ladies but the other women have an important role. My next wish is to have an OCN drama (thriller/ procedural drama) with two female character as leads.

I wish the second teaser will be translated. I will wait a little. If I can`t find subtitles/ translation, I will start to beg a fellow Soompi to translate it for us. :tongue:

Ha Jung-wan (Song Jae Rim) was the detective who investigated what happened with Yoon Jin`s daughter and he is the one who saved Yoon Jin`s life.

tumblr_p7xl5b9wtU1sdd1ivo1_1280.png

He will be the one who believes Yoon Jin and will investigate the case.

In the preview he wonders if the woman who has that card is a suspect. Is Kim Eun Young`s name on the card?

tumblr_p7xl5b9wtU1sdd1ivo5_540.png

tumblr_p7xl5b9wtU1sdd1ivo6_540.png

The Gangnam women wants to chase Lisa Kim away (Are they so insecure? ) and one of them even wants to scare her trying to stage a hit and run? Hope it was a real intention ( and a "good" reason to do that) and not just a silly intention to push her away from Gangnam. If it is the second scenario, who came with the stupid idea? 

Spoiler

tumblr_p7xl5b9wtU1sdd1ivo4_540.png

tumblr_p7xl5b9wtU1sdd1ivo3_540.png

Is Kang Hye-kyung ( Seo Young Hee) in the car kissing a man?

tumblr_p7xl5b9wtU1sdd1ivo2_540.png

In the description she says "I have an uneasy secret because of accidental skinship with my daughter's swimming instructor."  I don`t think this is the accidental skinship she is talking about. 

I think it is Seo Young Hee in the scene above but I could be wrong. I was the second time when I thought for a second that she was Song Yoona.

Now I know what is the swimming instructor purpose in this drama, except for coaching the kids of Gangnam . :D It was said that he was recommended for the job by another Gangnam mom, Song Ji-ae (Oh Yeon Ah), who knew each other from her old days, when she was poor. 

There is another female character in the suporting cast who I don`t many things. It is Han Joo-hee and I think she is the sister in law of Kim Yoon Jin.

According to a fan of Song Yoona, she got a raining scene shooting at night.

After filming with two women from her staff (I assume)

Someone else saw Song Yoona filming, so that`s the raining scene.

BTS picture

Kim So yeon and child actor Kim Ye Joon

The comment

I always thank you for taking care of me while taking a picture.
# Thank you so much for your birthday present ♡ 

On 28 April was the birthday of Kim Ye Joon. Happy birthday!

Kim Ye Joon received a cake on set.

Here is with Song Yoona

Gifts from Kim Tae Woo who plays the dad. He gave him some money to have a delicious birthday .

Another picture from shooting

Kim So yeon

Archived