[Drama 2018] Secret Mother 시크릿마더

larus

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kim Tae Woo stills

201805010954772329_5ae7bc4eda504.jpg

Kim Tae-woo, who has been continuing his works for a long time, chose "script" as the reason for choosing "Secret mother." "I liked the script first. It is impressive that not only the basic story centered on the two women is solid and interesting, but also the people around them, including Han Jae Yeol, are well represented by the right person. "

"This is my first work with Director Park Yong Soon, and I have never been able to  work with him  before, so I wanted to be with him this time," he said, explaining his relationship with the director. " It is my first time to meet with most actors as Secret Mothers.It is good, but it is a great expectation for being a great cast for each character  Especially, I wanted to work Song Yoona once someday, but this time I am glad to be able to work together  as a couple. I will show a good performance until the end so that it will be a work beyond expectations. "

Both Song Yoona and Kim Tae Woo appeared in SBS Love Story (1999) but in different episodes. The drama describes 8 different love stories in eight different episodes. Song Yoona appeared in episode 3 "Lost Baggage" and Kim tae Woo in episode 8 "Host of Memory".

[Orion's Daily Ramblings] Kidnappings and Buried Truths in Second Teaser for "Secret Mother"

By Vasia Orion on 2018/04/30 at 17:26 PST

photo970736.jpg

A clearer image of our main characters' backstory is starting to form in the second teaser for "Secret Mother", as the previously teased kidnapping of the heroine's daughter is featured. Meanwhile, the increasing unease of the neighborhood mothers with the admissions caretaker may be leading them to criminal acts of their own.

I've been going through all sorts of scenarios in my mind as to what happens in the series and what may have happened in the characters' past, but my main one is that the like-a-sister of heroine Eun-yeong (Kim So-yeon) may have kidnapped Yoon-jin's (Song Yoon-ah) daughter, which may even be her own. We see Yoon-jin gathering ransom and begging someone being resuscitated to wake up and tell her something. Min-joon, Yoon-jin's son, is also in danger, although that could possibly be when he meets Eun-young.

Read more https://www.hancinema.net/orion-s-daily-ramblings-kidnappings-and-buried-truths-in-second-teaser-for-secret-mother-118158.html

I had to admit that the idea that Kim Eun Youn`s "sister", the one who is missing could have something to do with the dissapearence of Kim Yoon Jin`s daughter came through my mind. I was wondering if Han Jae Yeol (Kim Tae Woo) had an affair with her and they had a bad break up. Maybe the woman lost a baby after this relationship. It can explain why Jae Yeol finds Lisa Kim familiar (he met her long time ago but not enough to remember her) and an explanation for the kidnapping. Also, it explain why Jae Yeon`s mother knows something about the dissaperence. Something has happened there. It is a mystery allright. I am sure that Eun Young `s sister dissapered in the same time as Yoon Jin`s daughter. She worked at the medical center where Yoon Jin worked. We saw how Eun Young/Lisa Kim had her medical gown. Now the question is why she did it? Two possible answers:

1. She lost a baby (Han Jae Yeol`s baby) and, maybe, she was dumped when he married Yoon Jin. She had a mental breakdown that never fully recovered. She start to work at the hospital and when an opportunity arrised, she kidnapped the daughter.

2. She is the biological mother. Yoon Jin doesn`t know who are the biological parents. Eun Young`s sister took the daughter because she never got over losing her.

We`ll see which scenario is true. Maybe neither but from two of them, I tend to think first is more likely for various reasons but I`ll be sure when I have more information. Now there are just assumptions.

Omgosh Villain Bae is back !!! Absolutely loved Song Yoon-A, I kept watching K2 soley because of her because let’s be honest the story line wasn’t all that great. 

I hope she’s a Villain again lol 

5 hours ago, LoveBunny said:

I hope she’s a Villain again lol 

She is not the villain this time but chasing after the villain. :) She is leading this mystery drama along with another woman.

Hope you`ll enjoy "Secret Mother."

The actress Ji An will appear in Secret Mother.

2016122718595287722_1.jpg

http://stoo.asiae.co.kr/news/naver_view.htm?idxno=2018050115123801841

We knew that she will appear in Secret Mother as she posted pictures on Instagram and said that she is filming. Now we have an official announcement and we found out what role she will play. From the article it seams that she will play Kim Hyun Joo, the "sister" of Eun Young (Kim So yeon). I was right to think that Hyun Joo and Jae Yeol met in the past and they had a relationship before he met Kim Yoon Jin. Hyun Joo worked as a hostess to take care for her sister after their parents died in a car accident. She met a local detective (Kim Tae Woo) and she became a source of information for him. She experienced tragedy after he announced separation to marry Yoon Jin. 

Things can be lost in translation (Google translation is not always a reliable source) but the impostant thing, we have another piece of the puzzle. So, Lisa Kim will have a grouch against Han Jae Yeol after all. Now we have to find out why, how and when Hyun Joo disappears. 

It makes sense that Han Jae Yeol doesn`t remember Lisa Kim (Eun Young) very well  because he met her long time ago. He doesn`t want to remember those days, because he and Hyun Joo had a bad breakup. Probably he loved her but decided to have have a good marriage with a beautiful and wealthy woman, who his mother approved. If Hyun Joo had a tragedy in her life, Eun Young was there to witness it. Jae Yeol`s mother was aware of the relationship. Only Yoon Jin doesn`t know. Now I wonder why Eun Young thinks that Hyun Joo`s disappearance has something to do with Yoon Jin.

If someone knows what it is written on the medical coat please share.

tumblr_p7kor6p6qA1sdd1ivo4_r1_540.png

Song Jae Rim stills

30000600681_1280.jpg

The photo shows a picture of Song Jae-rim, who transformed into a detective Hajungwan. Normally he falls behind one foot and gazes at the situation with his lukewarm eyes, but when he sets a clear goal, he will look at the center of the event with a gleaming glance.

Song Jae-rim said, "I am glad that I can work with good people. The atmosphere is so good that when the viewers watch the drama, this energy will be transmitted well. "

"I've done a lot of bad roles in my career but now it's very interesting to play a detective role in the center of the play. I am going to run diligently like a hot-blooded detective, so I would like a lot of attention and support, "he added.

(Google translation)

http://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1004739895&plink=NEW&cooper=SBSNEWSSECTION

Song Yoon-ah and Kim So-yeon in Second Teaser for "Secret Mother"

2018/05/01 | 146 views | Permalink | Source

photo970096.jpg

A teaser of Song Yoon-ah and Kim So-yeon are starring in "Secret Mother" was released.

The new SBS weekend drama "Secret Mother" released its second teaser on the 28th. Kim Yoon-jin (Song Yoon-ah) and Kim Eun-yeong/Lisa Kim (Kim So-yeon) are in the same place with different looks on their faces. Kim Eun-yeong begins working as a suspicious babysitter in Daechi-dong while Kim Yoon-jin, Kang Hye-kyeong (Seo Young-hee), Myeong Hwa-sook (Kim Jae-hwa) and Song Ji-ae (Oh Yeon-ah) get involved with something unsavory because of her.

The teaser hints these mothers getting themselves in danger because of a series of events. Ha Jeong-wan (Song Jae-rim), a detective, narrates that 'this woman' might be a suspect and with her appearance, the peaceful Daechi-dong townhouse is in chaos.

Kim Yoon-jin, who hides the fact that she was a doctor from everyone and devotes herself to her son's education, suspects the babysitter who talks big. Meanwhile, Kim Eun-yeong hides her identity and approaches Kim Yoon-jin with intent. Their relationship affects those around them.

https://www.hancinema.net/song-yoon-ah-and-kim-so-yeon-in-second-teaser-for-secret-mother-118179.html

[Orion's Daily Ramblings] Kim Tae-woo Stills and a Key Connection Revealed for "Secret Mother"

By Vasia Orion on 2018/05/01 at 17:31 PST

I'm not sure if I can claim any sort of victory over potentially being right on my guesses for a series so eager to reveal so much of its backstory, but I'll let out a little "I knew it!" nonetheless. "Secret Mother" has released stills of Kim Tae-woo, as well as information on actress Ji An's return to Dramaland in perhaps the most pivotal role in the series.

Kim Tae-woo plays Han Jae-yeol, Kim  Yoon-jin's (Song Yoon-ah) husband. He is an elite police chief, and perceived as the perfect husband and father. His one worry is his wife's full-time mother dedication to their son's studies. Because Jae-yeol feels sad to see this ruthless schedule she and his son have to follow, he proposes the idea of an admissions caretaker, in order to get Yoon-jin back to her work as a doctor. His choice is what will disturb his peaceful family.

read more https://www.hancinema.net/orion-s-daily-ramblings-kim-tae-woo-stills-and-a-key-connection-revealed-for-secret-mother-118192.html

Pictures from the set

PAGE127 will be participating in SBS weekend drama 'Secret Mother' which will be broadcasted on May 12th as a small sponsor!

We were looking for props to suit the town house of the chaebol family, which was the background of the drama.

SBS released a short video of the first shooting with Song Yoona, Kim So yeon and the child actor Kim Ye Joon. Song Yoona`s last SBS drama was ON Air in 2009. Kim So Yeon had two SBS dramas in 2010 (Prosecutor Princess and Dr. Champ) and sageuk The Great Seer in 2012/2013. Hope their next drama Secret Mother will be a memorable project for both of them.

Now the other Gangnam Moms

041349565.jpg

"Kang Hye Kyung, Myeonghwa and Suh Jae Ae has a distinctive personality, and the charm and synergy becomes even stronger when they are joining together.

All have their secrets. Kang Hye-kyung (Seo Young  Hee), who is separated from her husband, has a secret secret with her daughter's swimming instructor. Myeonghwa-suk(Kim Jae Hwa) has turned into a full-time housewife with a stock jackpot popping up at the end of a struggling Seoul life. Song Ji-ae( Oh Yeon A) keeps the secret of being a former hostess. (Google translate).

http://tvdaily.asiae.co.kr/read.php3?aid=15254000861349565002

There is an article about how much the cast and crew work when they film a drama. They gave SBS drama Secret Mother as an exemple and said that they work more than 20 hours a day.

122899_155017_1815.jpg

The Hanvit Media Labor Rights Center (Hanvit Human Rights Center) will start a one-person demonstration "Let's Sleep and Work" in front of major broadcasters such as SBS, MBC, KBS, and CJ E & M to call for improvement of the broadcasting work environment.

The Hanvit Human Rights Center, which links the maintenance of Han Byung-Pyo, who has endured his own life by raising the issue of poor broadcasting production environment in 2016, announced on the 4th of May that the production staff of SBS drama 'Secret Mother' "SBS regrets that the problem of labor overtime is not improving, and we are going on a visit to ask for active improvement," he said.
The Korean Human Rights Center said, "The staff (according to the report) have finished shooting and have been sleeping in the jjimjilbang for one to two hours and are going back to the scene again, he explained.

Most of the shooting schedule started in the morning and ended at dawn the next day. For example, in the worst case, the shooting started at 7:30 am and ended at 5:20 am the next day. The next day I went to work at 9 am.

The Korea Human Rights Center said, "With the revision of the Labor Standards Law, the broadcasting industry has been excluded from the special business sector, so it has to comply with 68 hours a week from July this year. Without the effective written agreement with the representative of the workers in July, However, it is doubtful whether the laws will be changed in the situation where the labor practices of the long time do not change, and the lives of the irregular workers can be improved. " "The center emphasizes that broadcasters and producers must comply precisely with shortened working hours as well as comprehensively apply to all workers in the broadcasting industry as well as full-time workers in their companies." (Google translation)

http://www.mediaus.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=122899

I totally agree with voicing the issue. I already suspected that they are late producing the drama and schedules are very tight but it is much worst than I`ve imagined. How can everyone involved in this drama or other project would give their best if they are so tired already? Accidents can happen too. Not to say that if the drama don`t have high ratings, most of them could remain unpaid. It is not right at all. They have to do something with this system.

chingus, if we can all guess about what will happen in a drama, we all have a bit of writer in us. hahaha.. so be a matchmaker auntie and join the writer's smashup carnival -- our new event. check it out! and if you are lurking, don't forget to hit a button on people's stories to encourage them. it is based fully on community voting.

I watched the third teaser but I am confused. They showed what happen with Kim Yoon Jin in the past and in the present? She is worried about her son (she is desperate because what happen in the past with her daughter) and she is asking Lisa Kim who she is but when she is fighting the woman in blue is in the past or not? I don`t get accurately the events.

When Kim Yoon Jin is fighting the woman in blue we hear Kim Eun Young/ Lisa Kim`s voice (Kim So Yeon`s voice) who is angry but I doubt she is fighting there. I know that the teasers are usual misleading. Yoon Jin is in a doctor coat and I assume it is a past event or it could be a future event if they show us some future scene and then they will return in the present.

Who is the woman in blue? I think she is Kim Hyun Joo but what will happen after that fight? Why Kim Hyun Joo will dissapear? We`ll have two mysteries. What did happen with Yoon jin`s daughter and what did happen with Kim Hyun Joo.

When the women fought, the woman in blue lost a bracelet.

tumblr_p7kor6p6qA1sdd1ivo6_r1_540.png

And then they showed this...

tumblr_p7kor6p6qA1sdd1ivo5_r1_540.png

What is this? :unsure:

And who falls in the pool and from where? :lol:

The drama looks dark. Kim Yoon Jin is so desperate, Lisa Kim looks dangerous lurking around her and her son,  Han Jae Yeol looks worried and detective Ha is curious about the case. 

Thanks @larus, we're gonna see heels and women's coats  and fashionable attire. :)

Looks like we ain't gonna find bromance here.  But womance instead. With Mistress ( 4 females w/ secret pact) and now this drama Secret Mother, kdrama giving us womance. Females in the lead with main story line and plot. Both dramas are dark and mysterious and centers on friendship  or not...of women.  I'm waiting to watch this.

6 minutes ago, jongski said:

Thanks @larus, we're gonna see heels and women's coats  and fashionable attire. :)

Looks like we ain't gonna find bromance here.  But womance instead. With Mistress ( 4 females w/ secret pact) and now this drama Secret Mother, kdrama giving us womance. Females in the lead with main story line and plot. Both dramas are dark and mysterious and centers on friendship  or not...of women.  I'm waiting to watch this.

Yes, I love to look at fashion in dramas.:) Beautiful women and beautiful clothes... a great combination.

I so glad that we have women in front and center of the story.  There are so many dramas with bromance it is about time to see more women in interesting stories. Even if these dramas won`t have big ratings, it is refreshing to know that the writers are giving them a chance. More dramas for them!!!! :tongue:

I can`t wait to watch it as well. I have a lot of questions right now but I have to wait a little longer. One week is not that long! It is good that we`ll have translation for this drama. I couldn`t endure to watch without them.

Archived