[Drama 2018] Secret Mother 시크릿마더

larus

1 hour ago, dsgam95 said:

oh how come ? the drama isn’t even broadcast and u predict to be in last place in rating:o:(

It is not hard to predict that. I don`t follow the ratings but I see it anyway in kdramanews twitter when I am looking for news. KBS drama Marry Me Now will be in first place no matter what, the MBC drama is doing alright, it`s most the second every time, and then it is SBS who seems to have higher ratings in the fourth episode. But who knows what other shows will compete on Saturday time slot.

I don`t consider the cable dramas but they can do very well in ratings too (3-5 ratings are very good).

Sometime the mystery genre don`t have a higher audience but I am hoping that the story will be so good that people will want to see it.:wink:

1 hour ago, evie7 said:

I prefer multidimensional villains too. I would love for this drama/villain have more of a jdrama vibe to it too. I have just finished watching a couple of old jmelos that were just excellent but if this one could be more on the side of Money Flower I think it would be great. I don't feel that in this drama we need to have our psycho villain be 'over the top'/cartoonish either but let's see what this drama will bring.

I totally agree. It can be so much better if they give us compelling characters but in this case, the writer has to be able to write a good story, to have something to say.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, larus said:

I totally agree. It can be so much better if they give us compelling characters but in this case, the writer has to be able to write a good story, to have something to say.

I'm hoping that this new writer will wow us! The writers of Secret were new, they gave us a great drama. Here I go again running wild w/expectations...I'm going to just bank on the thought that whatever script/storyline our cast saw that compelled them to join this drama had to be good.:tongue:

16 minutes ago, evie7 said:

I'm hoping that this new writer will wow us! The writers of Secret were new, they gave us a great drama. Here I go again running wild w/expectations...I'm going to just bank on the thought that whatever script/storyline our cast saw that compelled them to join this drama had to be good.:tongue:

I did not see Secret (2013) but I read about it. The writers of Stranger(Forest of Secrets) and Misty, two of my favorite recent mystery shows were newbies too. I have hope that Secret Mother will be on my list of favorite dramas. I like when new writers do a good job. Fighting.

SBS site created an official page for the drama so they will start to upload some materials about the drama soon. It is a start. :)

tumblr_p3z3mggYB81sdd1ivo6_r1_540.png

A secret friendship of two women and a crissis that unexpectedly unfold

I am excited to watch the drama. Let`s see the teaser first.  Fighting!!!

Two of the supporting cast uploaded their selfies saying that they are filming for Secret Mother. It is a hot weather. 

Kang Sang Won who plays a detective

and Jeong Samuel

Hi~

I managed to record the 1st preview but it's not HD. 

Gtrans/Naver Trans:

KSY : My sister disappeared.

People in the neighborhood : That girl does not fit with this place. Well, then maybe we should get her out.

KSY : There is a secret about my sister in this house.

SYN : A woman came into my house. After that, my life became cracked.

Text source : http://stoo.asiae.co.kr/news/naver_view.htm?idxno=2018042123053409319

3 hours ago, _sofie_ said:

Thank you! :heart:

I like the teaser. I felt the tension. When Lisa walked in the street, it was quiet and the women had the inquiring eyes. Lisa arrived at the house and Yoon Jin appeared mysteriously at the window. I am intrigued. What secret is Lisa talking about? In the picture she had was Yoon Jin. She knew exactly to look at that house.

I like that we saw in the first teaser only the women, the Gangnam mothers and the "nanny/ academic surrogate mother".

What she will do that she will disturb the life of Yoon Jin? Uncovers the past? Or it is more than that?

I think in the second preview we`ll see the mystery, the thriller elements and the men, both detectives, will appear on scene. :)

40 minutes ago, Kim Yunmi said:

Is that romance or the opposite of bromance?

It is just like the bromance but with women. :D It is a close but non-sexual relationship between women/  women bonding.

They`ve promised that the women will form a deep friendship. It is a secret friendship between the  ladies but a crissis will unexpectedly unfold. We`ll see if we`ll get a womance in this drama but I hope for. 

Our ladies

2018042123051271032_1524319512.jpg

4 hours ago, _sofie_ said:

Thanks so much for posting it:D I love the vibe they have going on in it, that they have chosen to highlight the women in this drama first.  

The last image from the teaser

tumblr_p3z3mggYB81sdd1ivo7_r1_540.png

A small detail I noticed on Lisa`s face as she walked, how they blurred it a few times to give a mysterious effect. Who is that woman? What is her intention?

9C7Aob.gif

Song Yoona as Kim Yoon Jin.

Secret mother shooting

Song Yoon Ah / Kim So Yeon starring SBS 'Secret Mother', first teaser video release

Jung Da-hoon reporter

1RYCTEAEED_1.jpg

SBS 's drama "Secret Mother" (play Hwang Yejin, directed by Park Yong Soon) released the first teaser video that filled the mystery and succeeded in getting a clear eye.

http://www.sedaily.com/NewsView/1RYCTEAEED

April 23 2018

Teaser trailer for SBS drama series “Secret Mother”

Secret_Mother-T-1111.jpg

First teaser trailer added for SBS drama series “Secret Mother” starring Song Yoon-A and Kim So-Yeon. “Secret Mother” fist airs Saturday, May 12, 2018 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-for-sbs-drama-series-secret-mother

Character description from the SBS site.

Kim Yoon-jin (female, 42 years old) housewife / former doctor played by Song Yoon Ah

"I live in the safe shade of my husband, in the comfort of work and family.
I resigned a year ago for a decent education plan for my son who is in his lower grade.
I am living in a full-time, all-in-one for my child education. Minjun's 10-year-old school study, school schedule, musical instrument lesson, reading history, physical strength
Cooking studio meetings with mothers, attendance at various information sessions, etc.
Like a robot moving according to input programming
But as soon as, the mysterious entrance nanny enters my home, my life builds up a crack."

(translation credit songyoonamylove )

Spoiler

Kim Eun Young/ Lisa Kim (female, 33 years old) played by Kim So Yeon
The surrogate mother Lisa Kim

She has calm and straight image. She is full of confidence-wise that you can trust her.

Though she looks sweet when she smiles, she hold a solid force that would not be easily accessed.

However, in fact she is Kim Eun Young, who is posing as Lisa Kim.

She is a person who can not bear the curious thing; the thing that makes her mind complicated just ignores; she shouts loudly once she wants to do something. ^^*

Run away before responding, completely no scruple; she loves liquor, game, comic, spicy and sweet street food.

She is totally not matched with "the surrogate mother" title.

There is a reason for her to be a surrogate mother of Min Joon, the son of Yoon Jin.

It's in order to know the whereabouts of an elder sister who grew up like her real sister in the orphanage.

It was strange that Hyun Joo sister disappeared after the medical records with Kim Yoon Jin at the hospital. It was the question that made Eun Young become the surrogate mother of Yoon Jin's son.

What happened to the two women?

Credit translation Sso fanpage

Spoiler

Han Jae Yeol (male, 45 years old) Yun Jin's husband, police chief played by Kim Tae Woo

A good physique and intelligent appearance.

Police college senior graduate and every time he gets promoted, he gets the 'youngest' title
An elite police officer running a promotion road.
Currently, he is the head of the Yongsan Police Department Detective, but he is expected to be appointed to the Gangnam Police Department as soon as he is going to be promoted. Gentle M is a good interpersonal relationship with a good look that gives a good impression to everyone,
When dealing with the perpetrator, it changes into a different person  (he turn 180 degrees.)
Nobody thinks it is strange because of its rough but good track record.
"It is kind of strange that the girl named "Lisa Kim" who came into Minjun's entrance exam nanny is looking at me.
That girl ... What's your identity?
I have a feeling that I have seen her somewhere and she is a woman I want to forget.

I begin to see the back of Lisa Kim."

(Google translation)

Huh Jung-wan (male, 34 years old) Policeman, a Homicide Detective played by Song Jae rim

It is disdainful to be puzzled and self-indulgent.
Drowning in the back of one foot, just a gentle eye contemplative.
But once you get it,
Once you start, there is a feeling of being straight ahead.
The power of the armhole that moves me
It is not a sense of justice as a police officer,
There was no motive to put him on the threshold yet,
It is a fearless youth detective who is ready to boil at any time.
"When I was dispatched to the hospital with a missing daughter report of Yunjin a year ago,
I have saved Yunjin from the crisis".
(Google translation)
Spoiler

I found a better translation

Ha Jung wan (male, 34 years old)
Police. Detective for criminal homicide case.
A man who is blunt, act on his own way, hate to think deeply and don't want things to go serious.

He always take one step back in everything and looks as if he were just taking things slowly with his mere contemplating eyes.
But if he's upset, he started to be aggressive. And he has this sense of simplicity (naive?) and honesty (foolishness) that makes him goes straight to the end.

He is a fearless young detective who is ready to boil at any time but there was no motivation yet that make him go to a critical point. Most of the power that makes him move is not a sense of justice as a police officer, but the mind that official can get salary easily.
A year ago, when he was dispatched to the hospital (where Yunjin's working) because of her daughter was reportedly missing, he has saved her from a crisis.
source⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Park Sun-ja (female, 60s) Yunjin's mother- in- law played by Cha Hwa-Yeon
Intellectual and sophisticated image makes the manager look better than the doctor who is the main business person. She has a secret disire to make the hospital her own.
"Yoonjin should never know the woman who brought Minji.
I'm sorry for Yunjin, but sometimes ...
My hospital, my son, and ...
Yunjin hangs an invisible shackle just to sit beside MinJun." (Google translate)

There are other character description. Each Ganmom has a child and a husband`s description. I am sorry for the RAW translations. They are not good but I don`t have time or English skills to do them better.
I am hoping we`ll find better translations. Too bad there isn`t someone who knows Korean interested in this drama.

I like Soyeon`s character description. It is like a dual role. Kim Eun Young  pretends to be someone very different from her personality. She is like a bad girl: likes to drink, shouts loudly, she is without scruple. Lisa Kim is a fraud. :lol: She targets Kim Yoon Jin`s husband too. As I guessed, there is a conection between them and their history is not a pleasant one.  It seams that they knew each other in the past but he doesn`t know who she is in the beginning.  Eun Kyung came to his house at her own accord, without his knowledge. She is a person who wants to forget? I wonder why. OK. One again Kim Tae Woo will play the bad guy. Han Jae Yul is a bad husband. It looks like a doctor colleague of Yoon Jin had her eyes on him as well. I am not sure if they had an affair. Probably, yes, they did/do.

I am not sure who is Kim Eun Young`s "sister". It is Kim Yoon Jin (it doesn`t look like it) or another person? I am curious. What is the connection with Yoon jin`s house/ Yoon Jin? She was her patient?  I am looking forward to see how Eun Young will pretend to be Lisa Kim. :lol:

Eun Young is so different from Yoon Jin. I am also curious how their relationship is going to be. I can`t wait for this drama to start.

Nver: Low profit, Secret Mother is well-made even is in a rush
2018042301001223400088701.jpg

Although it is a Womance Mystery Drama, the shooting atmosphere was really nice. Song Yoon A and Kim Soo Yeon, and also other actors are cheerful and share a lot through their conversation. Actors are naturally come out with ideas, and they are reflected in filming. PD also reflects actors' opinions and create drama together.

The delicate emotions that Song Yoon A and Kim Soo Yeon will show are the watch points of this drama. The crew is based on the genre of "Mystery Thriller", the atmosphere should be heavy, but Song Yoon A and Kim Soo Yeon always smile brightly and make the atmosphere of the shooting scene better. But, when the shooting starts, they show their professional of their act.

Translation credit songyoonamylove

http://www.sportsseoul.com/news/read/626779

Cha Hwa-Yeon joins Secret Mother as the mother in law of protagonist Kim Yoon Jin (Song Yoona)

46727_71210_91.png
In the drama, Cha Hwa-yeon will appear as "Park Sun-ja," a mother-in-law of the main character Yun Jin, a woman who has a strong ambition, a hospital director. Cha Hwa-yeon attracted attention with her  beauty as well as her passionate acting in many works. In this work, she will  will enrich the drama and add more fun.

Kwon Do-kyun's agency, Star House Entertainment, said on July 24, "Kwon Doo-gyun will appear as Min Tae-hwan in 'Secret Mother'."
article.jpg
Kwon Doo-gyun plays the swimming instructor 'Min Tae-hwan' of Gangnam Sports Club in the play. Ming Tae-hwan will be the swimming coach to the Gangnam Sports Club on the recommendation of Song Ji-ae (Oh Yoon-ae), a friend who is a swimmer who dreams of national team. It will appear as a popular and acclaimed "bagel m" that legally exposes good looks and physique, and will bring fresh energy to the house theater.

The official said, "Kwon Doo-gyun, who has been casting through the fierce competition, has been playing the role of Ming Tae-hwan since audition, and the competition of actors in their 20s and 30s was hotter than ever." He said, Please watch it. "

Kwon Doo-kyun is active in various areas such as drama and entertainment with a clean and attractive appearance with a height of 184cm. Especially, in March, the musical "Story of love to be experienced in Japan" in March, the main character "Masao".
(Google translation)

Character poster

Spoiler

tumblr_p7p2v8PrvA1sdd1ivo1_400.png

tumblr_p7p2v8PrvA1sdd1ivo2_400.png

tumblr_p7p2v8PrvA1sdd1ivo3_400.png

tumblr_p7p2v8PrvA1sdd1ivo4_500.png

tumblr_p7p2v8PrvA1sdd1ivo5_400.png

tumblr_p7p2v8PrvA1sdd1ivo6_r1_400.png

tumblr_p7p2v8PrvA1sdd1ivo7_r1_500.png

tumblr_p7p2v8PrvA1sdd1ivo8_r1_400.png

tumblr_p7p2v8PrvA1sdd1ivo9_r1_400.png

tumblr_p7p2v8PrvA1sdd1ivo10_r1_400.png

tumblr_p7p2v8PrvA1sdd1ivo1_r1_400.png

Someone posted a picture and commented/ tagged :

# Party scene # Secret mother # Kim So-yeon # Song Yoon-ah # saw # Incheon # Nest hotel # Incheon Nest hotel # Swimming pool

Spoiler

We`ll have a party? YAY. I wonder if someone will end up in the pool. :lol:

Orion's Daily Ramblings] "Secret Mother" Reveals Wicked Intentions in First Teaser

By Vasia Orion on 2018/04/23 at 17:09 PST    

Much has been teased about the mysterious college admissions caretaker of "Secret Mother", but it looks like she can't hold a candle to the ever vigilant, ever ready for a fight women of the neighborhood she enters. The first teaser is quite the entrance for Lisa Kim.

A lot has changed in the story as more news on it comes out, and the fresh character descriptions tease even more, which I will talk about sometime this week. The teaser itself sets the basic premise, while revealing the cast of neighborhood bullies. "My sister disappeared", says Kim Eun-young (Kim So-yeon), also known as Lisa Kim. "A trace of her remains in this townhouse."

That is when the women of this rich area start revealing their prejudice and anxieties. "A woman I've never seen before appeared", says Myung Hwa-sook (Kim Jae-hwa), followed by Song Ji-ae's (Oh Yeon-ah) remark that "It's obvious she doesn't belong here." In comes Kang Hye-kyung (Seo Young-hee) with the final blow; "If that's the case, shouldn't we quickly get rid of her?"

https://www.hancinema.net/orion-s-daily-ramblings-secret-mother-reveals-wicked-intentions-in-first-teaser-117927.html

Cast of Secret Mother received sweets as gifts on set.

Oh Yeon-A uploaded the pictures.

Why the Gangnam moms have the same outfit? I am curious.

Another picture from Nest hotel. Maybe they were filming today at his hotel.

Archived