[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

meechuttso

2 hours ago, Mymindisblank said:

Was looking forward to this but then I saw the 3rd trailer and I just found it abit weird that she's acting more like a child who's below the age of 12 rather than a 17 year old?? Her mannerisms were childish and I hope the directors or whoever sort that out. The stuff she was doing/saying isn't something a 17 year old would do and it's kind of put me off! It reminds me of an Indian serial I tried called itti so khushi same premise where the girl wakes up and still has the mental age of a 16year old and even in that she acted more like she was a child who is 9 rather than 16 so dunno what to make of this! Will deffo give it a try though

Hi @Mymindisblank I was concerned too and babyacting by adult big turnoff for me too.

But no puns inteneded, @Mymindisblank when I saw your name, I thought, maybe due to 13 year sleep,her mind went a bit blank and she needs to recover much more than 13 years worth.

;)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, meechuttso said:

Hi @Mymindisblank I was concerned too and babyacting by adult big turnoff for me too.

But no puns inteneded, @Mymindisblank when I saw your name, I thought, maybe due to 13 year sleep,her mind went a bit blank and she needs to recover much more than 13 years worth.

;)

Hiya! Hahahahahhah yea maybe! Then slowly slowly she'll transition into her 17year old self again and then 30! 

"Thirty But Seventeen" Sexy, Sporty Ahn Hyo-seop Stills Released

photo987719.jpg

Actor Ahn Hyo-seop is starring in "Thirty But Seventeen" as a male deity and stills of the actor have been floating around the internet.

"Thirty But Seventeen" is a romantic comedy drama about a woman fell into a coma when she was seventeen and wakes up when she's thirty, and a man who has lived away from the world.

Ahn Hyo-seop plays Yoo Chan, a sweet high school boy who is captain of the rowing club. Along with his uncle who has a dark past, Yoo Chan is like a guardian to Woo Seo-ri (Shin Hye-sun) who appears one day like a lost cat.

In the recent stills, he looks like he came straight out of a comic book. Ahn Hyo-seop is handsome and his physique is attractive with its toned skin and lean muscles. He looks like a male god sitting in the boat with a smile.

Ahn Hyo-seop says he's happy to work with great people and is excited about the drama.

"Thirty But Seventeen" begins on the 23rd of July.

source: hancinema

Dijey31V4AEDn2_.jpg:large

Agenda for Monday July 23. Korea standard time.

1pm Power FM (radio u can see) -  SHS, YSJ, AHS guests

230pm '30 But 17 I Am' announcement (same 3)

7pm Vapp, Vlive (same 3 plus YJW to participate)

10pm SBS 30b17 firat broadcast ,  Episode 1.

There you have it!

Dii6f7nV4AYwtWt.jpg

She was so excited she called me directly to give me the straight scoop! ;)

10 hours ago, stuartjmz said:

My worry is that those OTT infantile displays are what the director wants  It definitely seems more like seven than seventeen, but if she's only doing as asked, the Drama will be a challenging watch

Ahh I hope not! I hate it when actors do that cutesy cutesy stuff esp when they over do it! 

2 hours ago, stuartjmz said:

All this leads me to believe that, as happened with Hospital Ship, my beloved balletic bias has been demoted again - signing on for a role which was described and billed as "second lead" when it is really just a minor supporting part. In the case of Hospital Ship (a Drama that actually put her in hospital, seriously ill) her part was not only irrelevant, ut counter-productive, serving no point and merely getting in the way. 

Didn't she fall sick and they had to change her part ? At first she had a bigger role than that but since she was sick they reduce her part.

I think I will love the bromance between uncle and nephew but I don't want anymore triangle (it's more with three guy liking her and if you add Yan Se-jong character it's four if you follow the characters chart).

P.S. : Shin Hye-sun is still so pretty.

Yang Se Jong Looks Displeased by Shin Hye Sun's Back Hug in Upcoming Drama "30 but 17"

DirVlN4VsAEkUcJ.jpg:large

SBS’s new Monday-Tuesday drama “30 But 17” released new stills of Shin Hye Sun giving Yang Se Jong a back hug.

“30 but 17” is a story about a woman named Woo Seo Ri (Shin Hye Sun) who falls into a coma at 17 but wakes up 30 and a man named Gong Woo Jin (Yang Se Jong) who is withdrawn from the world.

The released stills show an awkward and shocking moment between the two characters. Shin Hye Sun stares at Yang Se Jong with wide eyes and gaping mouth, and Yang Se Jong looks stiff and angry as he glares coldly at her. Her fist is tightly clenched, as if she urgently wants to say something to him.

DirUpRxUEAEBUPR.jpg:large&key=8408cec3a5

In another photo, Shin Hye Sun can be seen giving Yang Se Jong a back hug. Despite the romantic notions of a back hug, Yang Se Jong looks anything but happy as he stands there in a rigid stance with his head lowered.

Viewers who catch the fact that Shin Hye Sun may be wrapping her pink cardigan around his waist instead of giving him a loving embrace are curious about what happened in the scene.

The production crew stated, “Seo Ri and Woo Jin have totally different personalities. The story that starts with the meeting of Seo Ri, who has the innocence of a 17-year-old, and Woo Jin, who closed his heart to the world, will bring laughter to the viewers. Finally, their story will begin tomorrow [July 23].”

Source (1) via soompi

On 7/21/2018 at 3:38 AM, stuartjmz said:

My worry is that those OTT infantile displays are what the director wants  It definitely seems more like seven than seventeen, but if she's only doing as asked, the Drama will be a challenging watch

Director and writer both are big fans of physical comedy. I think Woo Ri is acting the way she is in denial of having aged 13 years overnight as it appears to her. She also seems like somebody without her family's support so her emotional state is possibly a mess. Lets see.

4 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

I was looking at Asian Wiki and they show Shim Yi-Young as also having a supporting role in this drama. If true, I am in. She is my favorite Korean actress. Love her to death.

Hola @rolisrntex that's funny that you like her so much. She was great in 5Children as Lee Yeontae's sis in law, but I didn't recognize her then because her role was outside of many other roles she had been in previously, so I thought. That just shoes how versatile she is. I think she was also w Shin Hye-Sun in LotBS? Maybe they're buddies and like to work together. Sounds like she will be Seo-Ri's aunt, and so not sure if that's a nice aunt who kept her alive for 13 years or an evil one waiting anxiously for her to die so she can collect some inheritance, etc. We shall find out.

https://ko.wikipedia.org/wiki/서른이지만_열일곱입니다

Interestingly, the Korean wikipedia page is the first place I saw that says it's 20 episodes of 70 minutes per (or the confusing 40 eps of 35m each but 2 per day)! That means this drama will stretch into late September, past the ending of Mr Sunshine even. I can only be happy at this, except live streaming will be a significant challenge for Monday morning viewers who have to work for a living.... :crazy: C'est la vie?:expressionless:

2018072309360632163-540x540.jpg

Forgot to add, Jeon Ik-Ryeong will play Seo-Ri's deceased mother and her violin teacher in a brief appearance. An altogether angelic being, to be sure.

From http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/1534633

1 hour ago, meechuttso said:

Hola @rolisrntex that's funny that you like her so much. She was great in 5Children as Lee Yeontae's sis in law, but I didn't recognize her then because her role was outside of many other roles she had been in previously, so I thought. That just shoes how versatile she is. I think she was also w Shin Hye-Sun in LotBS? Maybe they're buddies and like to work together. Sounds like she will be Seo-Ri's aunt, and so not sure if that's a nice aunt who kept her alive for 13 years or an evil one waiting anxiously for her to die so she can collect some inheritance, etc. We shall find out.

https://ko.wikipedia.org/wiki/서른이지만_열일곱입니다

Interestingly, the Korean wikipedia page is the first place I saw that says it's 20 episodes of 70 minutes per (or the confusing 40 eps of 35m each but 2 per day)! That means this drama will stretch into late September, past the ending of Mr Sunshine even. I can only be happy at this, except live streaming will be a significant challenge for Monday morning viewers who have to work for a living.... :crazy: C'est la vie?:expressionless:

Forgot to add, Jeon Ik-Ryeong will play Seo-Ri's deceased mother and her violin teacher in a brief appearance. An altogether angelic being, to be sure.

From http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/1534633

My wife and I just recently watched Five Children and I liked her in that one. I liked her in 100 Year Inheritance, but I fell head over heels for her as the lead in Happy Sisters. Loved her character and her portrayal of her. Very talented actress.

DixDb_-UEAAQjcE.jpg

One snippet translated from interview:

One caller said, "SHS only in Daebak (greatly popular) dramas it seems. Previous work MGL was like that too. For the current 30b17 if there is a pledge in case you hit number one (in ratings) again, let us know," she messaged. SHS sat there seeming to struggle a bit and then said, "There is a pledge that YSJ has mentioned..."

YSJ said, "Recently due to the heat wave, everyone is having a very tough time. Of all the people, it seems the firefighters may be having the toughest time of all. So if we hit Number 1 by the 3rd episode, we will go over to the fire station directly ourselves, and present to them cool drinks."  The DJ Choi Hwa-Jung said, "Truly we've never seen such a thoughtful pledge before! The star actors are all such nice people that such a pledge is possible, it seems. We hope you get 1st place for sure!" showing thumbs up.

:love::glasses::love: Such nice kids.

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다 - Shin Hye-Sun, Yang Se-Jong - Mon & Tue @ 22:00 KST - Premiers TODAY

Archived