[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

meechuttso

2 minutes ago, rolisrntex said:

Watched the first nights episodes. I am interested in what happened to the aunt/uncle and who the anonymous person was paying for Seo Ri's care while in a coma. 

The k drama obvious answer for uncle and aunt is that they both passed away.......more realistic would be the fact that they got tired and decided they could no longer care for a child who might never wake up....about Seo Ri's payments for medical expense......this one is tricky.....could be uncle and aunt or any person who feels responsible for her well being somehow.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

The k drama obvious answer for uncle and aunt is that they both passed away.......more realistic would be the fact that they got tired and decided they could no longer care for a child who might never wake up....about Seo Ri's payments for medical expense......this one is tricky.....could be uncle and aunt or any person who feels responsible for her well being somehow.

My theory is either the aunt or uncle ran off with the inheritance money with a new significant other and the other one was working several jobs to pay for her care and support themselves.

6 minutes ago, stuartjmz said:

Actually, I think the way they were talked about in episode 1 hints more strongly that they simply abandoned her.  That was my automatic assumption from the nurses' conversations. To me, that's a much more typical K Drama arc - exploitative kin who don't really care once their golden goose stops laying for them 

How about this...uncle or aunt..one of them had passed away and the other one didn't want to care for her and started a new life with a new partner. About her inheritance, we don't know if she had a lot of that to begin with or it belonged to her uncle and aunt. What we know so far is that, she had somebody pay for her medical fees which are probably moderate given her facility wasn't big hospital. It could be arranged to be covered automatically by her inheritance money. We know the kid who had a crush on her still deeply cares for her. more than her own kin but probably isn't that rich to pay for her care for the past 13 years given he is the same age as her. Maybe he did cover for her occasionally. Lets see, I am interested to see how Seo Ri claims her life back despite the obvious set back. And how Woo Jin learns of her true identity and can deal with his trauma. I love all the characters already. Hope their domestic audience supports this drama.

22 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

How about this...uncle or aunt..one of them had passed away and the other one didn't want to care for her and started a new life with a new partner. About her inheritance, we don't know if she had a lot of that to begin with or it belonged to her uncle and aunt. What we know so far is that, she had somebody pay for her medical fees which are probably moderate given her facility wasn't big hospital. It could be arranged to be covered automatically by her inheritance money. We know the kid who had a crush on her still deeply cares for her. more than her own kin but probably isn't that rich to pay for her care for the past 13 years given he is the same age as her. Maybe he did cover for her occasionally. Lets see, I am interested to see how Seo Ri claims her life back despite the obvious set back. And how Woo Jin learns of her true identity and can deal with his trauma. I love all the characters already. Hope their domestic audience supports this drama.

If there is one thing I have learned about kdramas is there are no insignificant scenes. We have the scene where the aunt was frantically trying to call the uncle from the emergency room immediately after the accident. Also, we have both the aunt and uncle cheering for Seo Ri after her violin recital/audition. There is something significant about those two scenes. We will have to see how it plays out.

Just watched the first episode and I think I'm going to love this drama! SHS shows her versatile acting and I really like the cute uncle nephew pair too hahaha! Im really looking forward to the chemistry between SHS and YSJ. 

Im thinking something must have happened to the aunt and uncle that they never appeared all these years during seori's coma... couldn't possible have abandoned her. Hmm I actually thought the doctor friend is the one paying for the hospital bills. Let's watch and see how it goes. That said, can't wait to keep watching! I hope too that this drama would do well and bode well for Hyesun's future projects!

maxresdefault.jpgchocopie.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYtBhlH38liRcSVW-TcMF

I truly loved the first two episodes and I have a feeling it's just going to get better.  It's funny and just makes you feel good and  leaves you wishing there was more you could watch.   The characters are interesting and I can't believe a scene about a choco pie would make me laugh so much.  Still there is this feeling that there is a lot more sweetness coming our way...

Can't wait!!:blush:

@stargazer187  I was happy to see you were already here Chingu and yes I did watch the episodes so far.   This drama is just one of those stories that you know without a doubt has all the right ingredients for success.  I can't explain it other than saying it has the ability to tug at your heart and also make you laugh at the same time...

ec994034-5901-4b76-bc12-808902f0e7c0.jpg

It's seeing WJ & SR overcome their struggles hopefully by holding onto and trusting each other.  Seeing him measuring things and her just trying to survive in a world where almost everything is different including herself.  Seeing her so hungry, sitting snuggled up in the middle of the night all alone in that playground equipment. Rain falling all around her and her feeling so very alone calling out to her mother.  It broke my heart to think of how lost one would feel a young girls mind of 17 stuck in woman's body and no where to go and no one to be found...

20180721080359477hrsj.jpg

I guess that's what's so unique about this story it's so sad and yet WJ and SR reactions to their fate in bumping into each other all the time makes it funny and relaxing at the same time.  I look forward to him realizing just who he allowed to sleep under those stairs and how will it affect his life...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQpWVgBRUWoZ9gQyvcIt0T

I too see KTR as an upcoming problem as I believe she will see SR as a threat not so much to her success but more about her mind set in wanting and needing to be number one.  She may come across as friendly at first but once she tasted that feeling of being the best I doubt she is willing to hand that over to anyone.  Ji Won is like every other normal person actress or not in wanting to be liked by others.  Still she does a great job and should be proud of her hard work.  For every good character there usually is one that isn't.  Yet  in my opinion brings out the best in a drama.  I can't say I enjoy struggles or stress that it often brings but it would be boring if all the characters were good...  Not to mention it's early and who knows how she will end up and for @stuartjmz sake who seems to be a dear sweet fan of hers.  I hope she turns out better than we think and maybe I am all wrong.  It wouldn't be the first time or the last LOL!!!

[Ratings] "Thirty But Seventeen" Is Strong From the Start

�미�

"Thirty But Seventeen" is hitting extraordinary numbers.

According to Nielsen Korea nationwide, the SBS drama "Thirty But Seventeen" rated 6.9% and 8.2%. The numbers increased by 1.2% and 1.1%.

It's only been the first week but "Thirty But Seventeen" is in the lead and the highest rating free-to-air drama.

Meanwhile, KBS 2TV "Are You Human Too" rated 5.0% and 6.0% while MBC "Risky Romance" rated 2.7 and 3.1%.

https://www.hancinema.net/ratings-thirty-but-seventeen-is-strong-from-the-start-120647.html

Some people (maybe all people)  will always remember their first love.... their first wanting to hold, hug or even kiss someone in the first time.

No one will say no to the story about that kind of love :wub: thats why this drama get good ratings even just 2 episodes and will increase.

It will always warm our heart...

I laugh so hard every times word POOP comes out :sweatingbullets::D

What I think we will sorry about is the Doctor, Seo Ri is his first love and he will get heart broken if seo ri with mr.gong :(  

And we got their first kiss already :D 

I am really liking this drama but there are a couple of things where the drama missed the mark. Like why do people not google (minus the nurse)?!!! It's 2018. It's Korea. I kept waiting for someone to suggest searching online for her family/friends but I guess that would be too easy. :( Also, why did the rehabilitation center not report Seo Ri missing? That's just so weird. Anyways, I think the cast, especially SHS, is doing a great job. I didn't even realize that Chan was Ahn Hyo Seop (I've only seen him in My Father is Strange though). 

@valentvcd  Great to see you here too my Brownie sister!!  Hoping this drama brings us a lot of smiles and a lot of love as well!!!:wub:

@stuartjmz No thanks needed,  hang in there she may surprise you and I admire your appreciation in her talent!  I'll be cheering her on with you:blush:  FIGHTING!!!

"Thirty But Seventeen" Shin Hye-sun Inhales a Choco Pie

photo990078.jpg

Woo Seo-ri (Shin Hye-sun) spent the night away from home on the latest episode of the drama "Thirty But Seventeen".

She slept on the playground as she was kicked out of Gong Woo-jin's (Yang Se-jong) house and walked around hungry. One woman came up to her and offered her food.

She took her to a place where they were giving out food for the hungry. She tried to tell them she wasn't homeless, but no one believed her. Woo Seo-ri stood in line with a tray. However, the food ran out just as she stepped up and she was devastated.

One of the volunteer women handed her choco pies. She gobbled down one, but a sign board suddenly fell in front of her so she went to pick it up, leaving her other choco pie on the bench. Gong Woo-jin happened to sit on her other choco pie.

https://www.hancinema.net/spoiler-thirty-but-seventeen-shin-hye-sun-inhales-a-choco-pie-120655.html

The debut of the chocopie! LOL... :D

2 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

@valentvcd  Great to see you here too my Brownie sister!!  Hoping this drama bring us a lot of smiles and a lot of love as well!!!:wub:

@stuartjmz No thanks needed,  hang in there she may surprise you and I admire your appreciation in her talent!  I'll be cheering her on with you:blush:  FIGHTING!!!

@USAFarmgirl great and love to see you too sister... :wub: Actually I see you at many other places forum :D mostly I just being silent reader and always lovveeeee to read your posts :wub:

Hola to all the newcomers and regoolars here at 3017 thread! Welcome! :wub:

@Chellsee @valentvcd @USAFarmgirl and everyone, thanks for posting and sharing!

❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

I am sooooo speechlessly happy after these first 2 of 20 (70-minute) Episodes!

Even with all the previews and trailers that are sort of misleading, each scene that plays out made my heart Pang (get it? Pang? the little old dog? :P) with a bit of sadness but joy and smile each moment.

There were so many quiet moments that sparkled with tenderness and warmth, definitely so uplifting (even with poop and perv thrown in for good measure everywhere).:phew:

If you haven't taken the time to read the synopsis translated on page 1 top post of this thread or the screenwriter's interview on page 5, please take a moment - this drama delivered on the promise from the very first scene of GWJ's pencil sketch strokes.:w00t:

What I loved about this drama so far (too many, but here are just a very few):

• The writer's stated goal was to tell a story about the 'little things that add up to become a big strength' for us, if we would just all look around us a bit - from the start the dialog and all the feels by everyone in the cast showed this very unapologetically, and it felt good to immerse myself in that vibe throughout.
  • Even GWJ, when on the phone regarding the sale of the house towards the end of Sunday episode, recalled to mind the little kindness WSR did for him in covering his butt with her sweater to protect him from what she thought would be an embarrassment - this swayed his mind just a bit and he decided to show kindness to the strange crazy woman.
  • The writer also said the story is about the progress in the story arc of everyone as a whole, and so it was very reassuring to see not only individual progress already but as the characters rub shoulders together how they are brought to practicing kindness to the needy homeless woman, an angel in disguise, really, who will bring blessings to everyone in the story.
  • Seo-Ri is kind of like the poor wrinkled needy old woman who comes to the castle of the prince with a callous heart and offers nothing but a rose, and this prince almost rejects her but thankfully he is guided by the wise counsel of his tall, muscular but tender-hearted nephew and the strangely rigid but warm-hearted new domestic helper, Jennifer. The Beastly Bearded Prince's 13 years of self-flagellation is about to come to an end, as it was Belle herself who came disguised as the old woman.;)
  • Jennifer character had a strange aura about her, and her haiku-like 4-syllable phrasing attempts to formally recognize and declare each moment for their little significance made me ponder each of those phrases - and they moved me because that's what I need to do more of in my life, I felt like - celebrate each moment more. I think Sting's theme music for her was spot on, too.
  • Was that the Tchaikovsky piano concerto briefly played when she is told that there's no more food at the homeless food line? That was off the wall, but I hope we get to hear the rest soon in another moment of random unexpected enchantment.

And I know many of us are here for Yang Se-Jong primarily, but while I don't often do this, but for newcomers to SHS dramas, I wanted to give a plug for Shin Hye-Sun's latest photoshoot here on her Soompi Actors/Actress page, because they are just so stunning. Feel free to link YSJ's posts here too!

Obligatory :heart: First Kiss :love: post. Such great fan service.

5 hours ago, Chellsee said:

"Thirty But Seventeen" is hitting extraordinary numbers.

According to Nielsen Korea nationwide, the SBS drama "Thirty But Seventeen" rated 6.9% and 8.2%. The numbers increased by 1.2% and 1.1%.

It's only been the first week but "Thirty But Seventeen" is in the lead and the highest rating free-to-air drama.

@Chellsee Thank you.

•  
지상파 일일 - TOP 20 LIST FOR TV PROGRAMS
Data Search  
검색

전국 수도권
가구시청률 TOP 20
(분석기준: 수도권, 가구, 단위:%)
순위 채널 프로그램 시청률
1 KBS1 KBS9시뉴스 13.9
2 KBS1 일일연속극(내일도맑음) 13.7
3 KBS1 인간극장 10.1
4 SBS 월화드라마(서른이지만열일곱입니다) 9.4
5 KBS1 아침마당 8.2
6 SBS 월화드라마(서른이지만열일곱입니다) 7.8
6 KBS2 일일드라마(끝까지사랑) 7.8
8 KBS2 TV소설(파도야파도야) 7.6
9 KBS1 시사기획창 7.5
9 SBS 불타는청춘 7.5

Yep!  From http://www.nielsenkorea.co.kr/tv_terrestrial_day.asp?sub_menu=1_1&area=01

Next week, might hit #2 overall including the 8 and 9pm KBS dramas, having already surpassed 'Greasy Melo's highest rating yesterday on the first try. :thumbsup:

I love love love the drama. Its not anything overly complicated. But it does have a beating heart. I love all the characters. Woo Jin, Hyun Tae and Seo Ri....the ending was amazing for episode 2. I adore Yoo Chan and Jennifer. They are so warm and kind. Woo Jin is more guarded but isn't completely shut off. Seo Ri is getting to him. I am not sure what Rin Kim will represent as a character. She is a successful violinist and once considered Seo Ri her rival in a way. This part felt so forced to me. I mean a successful violinist in her thirties has probably had rivals when she started her career,  a 17 year old girl who disappeared 13 years ago may leave an impression but just can't be the first one to pop in head in the mention of rival when she didn't even win 1st place. Need more on that and hopefully it won't be the same old jealous rival story we get so often. Wang Ji Won deserves a lot better than that. I want to know what made the aunt and uncle abandon Seo Ri so fast all those years back. I also love title of each episode and how violin music in incorporated in each episode. 

2 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

I want to know what made the aunt and uncle abandon Seo Ri so fast all those years back.

I think there was either a divorce or death of one of them. The aunt was frantically trying to call her husband from the emergency room on the day of the accident. Maybe the uncle died and the aunt remarried and moved on? Or maybe he was having an affair that got discovered and they divorced? I’m interested in what happened to them as well. Sim Yi Young being cast as the aunt is what got me interested in watching this drama in the first place. However, I am enjoying the first two episodes and look forward to next week.

Its good. I loving it. I wonder if the housekeeper also has a connection with the bus accident 13 years ago. 

So her aunt and uncle sold the house 2 years after the accident. Did they sell the house to pay the bills?

The renown violionist, did she get into the music school in germany as SeoRi replacement? 

So many questions. Looking forward to  next week. 

At the moment I'm shipping SeoRi and Fang. :wub:

Archived