[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

meechuttso

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2018072315065215035-540x810.jpg

Actress Lee Seo-Yeon cast in '30b17'.

배우 이서연이 SBS 새 월화드라마 ‘서른이지만 열일곱입니다’에 출연한다.

‘서른이지만 열일곱입니다’는 혼수상태에 빠져 서른이 돼 깨어난 멘탈 피지컬 부조화女(신혜선)와 세상과 단절하고 살아온 차단男(양세종) 이들이 펼치는 로맨틱 코미디다.

극중 이서연은 고등학교 시절 ‘우서리'(박시은)의 절친 ‘노수미’를 연기한다.  뜻밖의 사고를 당하면서 스토리의 중요한 연결고리 역할을 한다.이서연은 데뷔작인 영화 ‘우리들’에서 출중한 연기력을 자랑하며 영화 관계자들을 놀라게 했다. 이후 ‘왕은 사랑한다’에서 임윤아(윤아)를 꼭 빼닮은 놀라운 미모 싱크로율을 보이며 이목을 집중시켰다. 

미모와 연기력으로 무장한 이서연은 신인임에도 불구 연달아 작품에 출연하며 존재감을 과시하고 있다. 

‘서른이지만 열일곱입니다’는 23일(오늘) 월요일 오후 10시에 첫 방송 된다.

Actress Lee Seo-Yeon ... to appear in '30b17'....

In the story, LSY will play high school years' 'Woo Seo-Ri' (by Park Si-Eun)'s best friend 'No Soo-Mi' role. Met with the unexpected accident, she will play the role of an important link in the story. LSY debuted in movie 'Us', showing off her exceptional acting abilities, surprising the movie industry personnel. Then in 'The King Loves' she drew attention as Im Yoona's look-alike (child) role....

:thumbsup:

Not much to translate on these first two. The 2nd one at the beginning the questioner asks about the background music during the introduction, its significance, etc.

It's Liszt's 'La Campanella', but the director is quite inarticulate in his speech and didn't really explain the significance. But here's the song.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_campanella

Translated quick

SHS: Thank you.

For me, too, doing acting with Se-Jong-ssi***, I felt like, "this is fun."
[SHS uses honorifics towards YSJ although he's younger]

During the very first shoot, with Se-Jong-ssi, we were trying to see how we sync'ing up, did a rehearsal, just once, and
honestly this was before any broadcast, but we had almost no NG's*** (laughing).

[NG = no-go - Korean short for re-takes due to mistakes]

The reason we had no NG's, what it is, when Se-Jong-ssi and the two of us work together, there's this !!##$$ - strong sense of immersion.
So while Se-Jong-ssi has said he has leaned (relied on) me, and he's younger than me, but while he's younger,
there's this feeling like he's much more senior to me (YSJ smiles and acts embarrassed)
so I could rely on him well, it felt. So I thought, 'I don't have to worry about whether we'll sync well'.
in the future we'd have to do mel...lo (love scenes) too together, but thinking I won't have to worry about the sync-up,
so I am in the process of shooting very happily at the moment.

It's clear that she's appreciating YSJ's serious acting ability regardless of his age, and I am hearing stuff she's saying about her partner that I've not ever heard her say before with other coactors. She's obviously found a role and a partner she can really sink her teeth into. :phew:

More translation

SHS: The first question, while acting '30 but 17', ... (looks around) ... sorry, while acting what points did I consider to be important, you had asked?

As a matter of fact, between when I was an actual 17 year-old and the now when I have become a 30 year-old, from my feelings, there's not a big difference between them you see? And, while every might also think that way, a 17 year old, compared to a 30 year-old, isn't hugely more immature or, of course could be lacking in experience but, ... externally, mannerisms in speaking, etc., there seems to be almost no differences, it felt. So but as I was acting the role of Seo-Ri, how I grasped the character was, ... more about the personality differences between individuals depending on who the person is. Not about the age difference. Therefore the Seo-Ri I am charged with is, even more so than normal, was more bright (untainted), innocent, one who only knew the violin, a child who was bit weak regarding the ways of the world, so how I (approached the) act(ing) was, rather than to express a 17 year old persona, um it was more about a pure(-hearted), unstained one certain character portrayal is how I acted, I believe.

Oh and there was another question, right? Strength, our drama's strong point, was it? (laughs)

Um, um, in fact, nowadays, all the dramas, when I consider them, are all fun (interesting). If you watch from beginning to the end, and follow a character all the way through, just as a person's life situations are a variety, so regardless of which drama or which character there isn't any that's not interesting, but for me, while doing our '30 but 17', what I could tell you as a strong point is, that for every character that appears in our drama, uh, there's a certain, trauma?(she uses question mark inflection) and the like there is. For almost all the characters that appear. So as these characters meet one another, what trauma each had been carrying along, each meet, as they meet, and let each other know about these (traumas) and become strength for one another, they grow (up or stronger) together - everyone progressing together this drama - not one or two but everyone together progressing, so while laughing you can watching with a warm feeling I think, and also the situational, um certain 'gag'? 'comic'?, because of these, you can watch it from a variety of different points of interest, I believe.

Thank you Miss Shin. Well said. Now only the actual drama remains. :grimace:

Yang Se Jong! :wub: I wish he would do more serious roles like in Duel, but what to do... I’ll have to watch this for him  :D And of course I’ll watch it for Shin Hye Sun who I just adore so much!

I wasn’t a fan of She Was Pretty, hope this time they’ll come up with more engaging story.

19 minutes ago, aisling said:

Yang Se Jong! :wub: I wish he would do more serious roles like in Duel, but what to do... I’ll have to watch this for him  :D And of course I’ll watch it for Shin Hye Sun who I just adore so much!

LoL, yea, @aisling try and watch that little clip where he pulls out the little pendant from his breast pocket and surprises her with it, and I dare anyone here to try and stay away. We're all just going to let all our fingers and toes curl up every Monday Tuesday for the next 10 weeks but we won't be able to stay away from these two. :wub::lol: YSJ really is bit of a monster - he says he kisses his mom on the lips still on the radio program, saying she's the only one. I suppose her mom doesn't watch any of his dramas for fear of jealousy, LoL. :heartbreak:

2 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

@meechuttso Any translations on the radio interview... please? :P

There was that bit about the pledge to go see the firefighters if they get #1 ranking in the ratings by Ep 3 (2nd week), but there was precious little else worth translating.

There were 2 songs selected by YSJ and AHS that the DJ played, and bunch of caller comments heaping praises on all 3 of the leads on the program. There was almost nothing new, except for the revelation that YSJ still kisses his mother on the lips. LoL.

Same with the interviews on SBS, what I translated are the worthwhile ones. Not much else.

There's the v-live stuff also at 7pm, but I am already having to go on too little sleep, so I'll have to pick up the rest later, no livestream for me for now. :(

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다 - Shin Hye-Sun, Yang Se-Jong - Mon & Tue @ 22:00 KST

Clips episode 1 :D It looks like Woo Jin didn't recognize Seo Ri. But what happened to her house? Why Woo Jin and his nephew are living here right now? I can't wait for subtitles to find out what is going on :) 

Spoiler

11 hours ago, aisling said:

@aisling I'm glad to see I'm not the only who feels that way.  To quote myself.....

On 7/8/2018 at 8:28 PM, jongski said:

But I wish for Yang Se Jong to go back to the kind of drama genre like Duel (thriller drama) which I lauded his acting. After RDTK and Duel I did  no watch TOL. 

But same sentiments. I'm going to watch this for them two ( and Yoon Chan Young who's an  excellent young actor). I've been a fan of SHS since Five Children and Secret Forest.   And  I'm about to watch the premier Ep 1 :)

Archived