[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

meechuttso

Here are trailers by Kocowa with English subs on their YT, IG, and main sites.  Both Kocowa and Viki will also air this show.  As of right now it seems the Korean title is "Thirty but Seventeen" and the International title is "Still 17" which is why SBS & Viki have the former title and Kocowa has the latter on their websites. Don't forget to sign into these websites and like this drama to show them love, especially at SBS, the boss of this show.  SBS's IG isn't showing this trailer yet, maybe we should request it until they post it. However, we can like other posts on SBS's IG about this show.  This particular trailer has hit a nerve and has already been viewed about half a million times on IG accounts all over the world in just these past couple of days.  

https://www.instagram.com/sbsnow_insta/

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Table122000 said:

Thirty But Seventeen is coming to Dramafever-they just announced it! Yay! There will be subs!

https://www.dramafever.com/news/youre-not-going-to-believe-what-yang-se-jong-looks-like-in-his-new-drama/

(Oops! Just saw in above post it's coming to Kocowa & Viki as well) Excellent-there will be lots of places to see the drama

Glad its on Viki I mean I have both subs but i like seeing people reactions on viki they fun most of the time.

"Thirty But..." Cho Sung-Hee writer, "SHS great actress trust 10,000%. YSJ very smart actor"

2018071308124389.jpg

From http://www.lullu.net/9819

"Thirty But..." Cho Sung-Hee writer, "SHS great actress trust 10,000%. YSJ very smart actor"

Jeon Hye-Rin reporting | 2018/07/13 [10:03]

"Top Trendy Male/Female" Shin HyeSun - Yang SeJong : SBS new M/T drama "Thirty But Seventeen I Am" which has gained much interest through their meeting, this drama's (screen)writer Cho Sung-Hee has revealed her deep trust towards Shin HyeSun-Yang SeJong.

Following "Greasy Melo" this 23rd 10pm first broadcasting this year's 2nd half most expected work SBS's Mon/Tue drama '30 But 17 I Am' (Screenplay Cho Sung-Hee/Directed by Cho Soo-Won/Produced by Bone Factory) (referred to below as '30but') is about .... yada yada (repeat of previous articles...) by 'I Can Hear Your Voice' director Cho Soo-Won and 'She was pretty' writer Cho Sung-Hee's project with high ambition (expectations).

In particular, '30 but' is raising high expectations from 2015's hit rom com 'She was Pretty' writer Cho Sung-Hee's 3-year return project. Regarding this, Cho Sung-Hee has stated, "Since it's my first work in a long time, there are some concerns, but thanks to the great actors, great staff to work with, my heart is fluttering (butterflies, good emotion)," revealing her come-back sentiments.

And regarding the starring actors Cho Sung-Hee did not spare ample praises. About lead actress Shin Hye-Sun who has taken Woo Seo-Ri role, "as a fine actress who, no matter which character she takes on, can act and appear just like that character, my faith in her went beyond 100% to about 10,000%. In fact from the very beginning of planning I wanted offer Seo-Ri role to Hye-Sun-ssi, but in that time through 'My Golden Life' she gained so much popularity from everyone in the whole country, and knowing that many others wanted to work with Hye-Sun-ssi, I was getting awfully nervous by myself thinking, 'what if she says no when it's offered to her'," revealing boundless faith in her.

In fact for Cho Sung-Hee and Shin Hye-Sun, after 'HS King of Savvy', 'She was Pretty', this is their 3rd time working together. "In 'HSKoS', although just a newcomer, because I liked so much her (SHS) staying completely loose and acting with a light touch, I wanted to work with her in 'She was Pretty' unconditionally. So I told the director-nim at the time that there's an actress with whom I must work and made a proposal towards Hye-Sun-ssi," revealing such juicy behind the scene story also.

About Yang Se-Jong (Gong Woo-Jin role), she said, "Yang Se-Jong-ssi was an actor about whom I was considerably curious. I remember seeing him for the first time in 'Duel' and being surprised. How at that age he could show us such emotions and such gaze ('twinkle in his eyes'), he was fascinating (even novel). At our first meeting again I was surprised once more. Although it was a short meeting just to get introduced, I could sense even from passing comments that he had already very accurately grasped the character from the script. I recall thinking over and over, that he's 'a very clever actor!' Most of all, the Woo-Jin character in my mind resembles him so much that I really wanted to work with him, but I am so thankful that he's agreed to come work as Woo-Jin," expressing her gratitude.

Regarding 'Yoo-Chan' role's Ahn Hyo-Seob casting, she said, "in the story, Chan-ee is one with a very healthy mind and an always beautiful-hearted young man. Therefore I was hoping that the actor himself would possess that type of feel. When I met Ahn Hyo-Seob-ssi, Chan's healthiness was felt exactly through him, so it was really great. The healthy and tender-hearted feel he gives off strongly, and the energy with which he makes people feel at ease (happy) resembles Chan-ee, I thought, so I really wanted to work with him," showing much satisfaction.

Also writer Cho Sung-Hee expressed her feelings regarding her first collaboration with director Cho Soo-Won. "I like Cho Soo-Won director-nim's special wide-open ('deep and wide') style of directing atmosphere. I am delighted to work together with him, and the story that was only in my head, how magnificently he'll actualize (for us), I am waiting for with expectation," and "if I can learn those things which I don't have and complement one another with good synergy, I would love it," making us anticipate this 'trust and watch' program.

Finally, for the viewers awaiting 'Thirty But', writer Cho Sung-Hee suggests directly her 'viewing pointers' as follows. Saying, "if the viewers can sympathize with this 'story about the big strength that little things possess', it would be nice. "There are many mysterious elements that are hiding all around. If you can watch with interest how those puzzles become unentangled and hold the keys to how (everything is) connected," making us anticipate all the more the fascinating story of '30 but'.

<end paragraph skipped>

:glasses:

Some captions translated from teaser interview:

Surprising visuals from evening visitors.

Our familiar pair:

Beautiful Shin Hye-Sun / Hot ('making you feel warmwarm') Yang Se-Jong

Very unfamiliar YSJ (overlay with Chewbaka like creature)

Very Very unfamiliar SHS (seems to be crawling on the floor)

YSJ: "Really, I'm not lying ,  I couldn't recognize her."

Will meet with visuals heretofore unseen.

Will air on 17th evening

:glasses:

On 7/16/2018 at 7:45 PM, meechuttso said:

Algumas legendas traduzidas da entrevista teaser:

Visuais surpreendentes de visitantes da noite.

Nosso par familiar:

Beautiful Shin Hye-Sun / Hot (fazendo você se sentir quente) Yang Se-Jong

YSJ muito estranho (sobreposição com Chewbaka como criatura)

Muito muito pouco familiar SHS (parece estar rastejando no chão)

YSJ: "Realmente, não estou mentindo, não consegui reconhecê-la".

Encontrará visuais antes invisíveis.

Vai ao ar na 17ª noite

:óculos:

I hope it's a success, the plots divided into two parts do not reach two digits, I wish it all, luck to the actors.

10 hours ago, golden19 said:

Thirty but seventeen other teasers. Counting the days until I see shin hye sun in another drama again.  

So excited!!!!! 

Thanks @golden19 Goldy!  

It looks like from one of the trailers that the two might be 'childhood acquaintances'??

994216415B4EC32E0BE066

@golden19 I didn't realize that was the official preview of Ep 1! Thanks.

GWJ voiceover: A persons life isn't always...

GWJ younger voice: "Because of my fault..."

GWJ voiceover: ... Supposed to change for a dramatic event only.

GWJ younger tells WSR younger: "Not here, go one more stop and get off..."

GWJ younger screams: "Aaaaaargh!!!!!" (bus accident, WSR inside?)

WSR in bed: "I am 17(y.o.)... How can this person be me?"

CAPTION:
  .... 서른살이 서툰 그녀와 세상이 서툰 그남자 ...
  .... Being 30 is awkward Woman & the world is awkward Man ...

GWJ voiceover while in car: (Like) When at age 17, that little, trifling misjudgment on my part...

WSR jumps into view... GWJ taking photo, pauses to stare.

GWJ voiceover: Has caused my life and hers to be so deeply entangled...

So he feels responsible for the bus accident that sent her into coma (and others to die) and he goes into a shell? We also get a glimpse of the crescent moon and the bunny? A sign between the younger pair?? :phew:B):ph34r::wub: Much to make us curious.

10 hours ago, stuartjmz said:

It seems like she doesn't appear for the first few weeks of the Drama (sigh!), so she's got time to keep practicing like this

Is there such a thing as SFS? Second fiddle syndrome? But she's the first fiddle in the story. Oh I'm getting confused, but ya :love: WJW :love: I hope she shows up early like ep 3 at least.

Yet one more teaser.

The caps say: "She went from 17 ---> to 30!"

If it happened to you, what would your reaction be?

Then they show various SBS personalities 'reacting'.

Then, "What would my (SHS's) reaction be?" and "What would my (YSJ's) reaction be?"

Tune in and find out on 7/23. LoL. :expressionless:

Was looking forward to this but then I saw the 3rd trailer and I just found it abit weird that she's acting more like a child who's below the age of 12 rather than a 17 year old?? Her mannerisms were childish and I hope the directors or whoever sort that out. The stuff she was doing/saying isn't something a 17 year old would do and it's kind of put me off! It reminds me of an Indian serial I tried called itti so khushi same premise where the girl wakes up and still has the mental age of a 16year old and even in that she acted more like she was a child who is 9 rather than 16 so dunno what to make of this! Will deffo give it a try though

Archived