Quantcast

[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

4 hours ago, Megan said:

Finished episode 31. I must say I can enjoy the DongFeng scenes better now, especially Dong Hua’s jealousy. He so doesn’t like her neighbour or her nighttime gatherings.

jiheng should learn from Jielu.

XY is kind of awful for just dumping Dong Hua on Feng Jiu like that with no warning. And then trying to set them up when he knows how Dong Hua disappointed Feng Jiu... awful friend, especially for the sake of Jiheng...

i am not impressed with Dong Hua forcing Feng Jiu to serve him. Not at all.

It's DHs way of getting attention from FJ. DH most likely would have calculated it all in his head. He knew FJ was angry with him, but he needed to spend time with her to resolve the issue.

It also stops FJ from spending time with XY.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MayanEcho

• jimmylyne

• Ninky

• Yori Ten

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fresh out of the oven! ELOD translation team presents author Tang Qi's 7th epilogue for The Pillow Book. We hope you get the joke because it is hilariously funny to the bones!!!    Source : @

The ELOD translation team have finally completed the English translation of Tang Qi's latest Pillow Book Epilogue. We hope you will enjoy the read! Shameless DH in action yet again!   S

Ok - for those wondering what Vengo said during his interview (I only translated up to this point. The rest was his message for his love rivals, which I won't go into, his appreciation to viewers for

4 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

True, and I think he usually cares little about such things. But I think he wants to keep FJ close. ^_^ 

And there's the Miao Luo threat when he visited the chasm. Miao Luo realized that FJ is important to DH. She wanted the red Qi back and she later attempted to, but FJ was shielded by the Tiancang cage while sleeping.

It seems like petty pranking in DH's part to change places to order FJ around. DH however is the sort who plans his moves. FJ can huff while they live in the same courtyard, but his being there serves the purpose of enhanced protection for her. In the later parts of the series, the unfortunate chance that the the red Qi was taken while leaving the dream realm damaged her primordial spirit.

The Miao Luo banshee can go anytime anywhere, so IMO, the offer to FJ of confined training is also calculated to keep her within sight should there be another attempt, and the wards were up to block off the unwanted intruder. Given that the red Qi greatly increases the cultivation of Miao Luo, FJ should definitely be guarded even tighter than DH did for the previous Soul-Locking Jade.

Of course that's DH playing bodyguard/tutor, and as someone who likes hearing others crying the most, he'll take the chances too of riling up FJ, much like a boy pulling his crush's pigtails.

It's such an irony that the Soul Locking Jade was busted out of Tai Chen Palace by XY. Then for Meng Shao, FJ was busted out of the wards also by XY. :lol:

2 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

It's DHs way of getting attention from FJ. DH most likely would have calculated it all in his head. He knew FJ was angry with him, but he needed to spend time with her to resolve the issue.

DH probably automatically calculates every single things he does. Let FJ fume, she would still be near him as he does his other behind the scene things. If he's quite petty with XY, sigh...XY has given DH all kinds of reasons to resent him.

This XY was the start of everything getting tangled. Ahahaha! From that duel that eventually saddled DH of looking after JH, but got him the baby fox FJ. Then that duel again at Mt Fuyu, where XY and FJ are trapped later to Fanyin VAlley - robbed DH again of perhaps the chance to properly court FJ for six months. That FJ and XY became best buddies must have caused a vein of him to pop. LMAO!

Fortunately FJ was able to hold her own against XY in the drama when Miao Luo started to control him during their sword fight, thanks to the intense training of DH. Otherwise, XY would have been right there and then killed if his blade ever connected to any part of FJ's body.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
6 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

And there's the Miao Luo threat when he visited the chasm. Miao Luo realized that FJ is important to DH. She wanted the red Qi back and she later attempted to, but FJ was shielded by the Tiancang cage while sleeping.

It seems like petty pranking in DH's part to change places to order FJ around. DH however is the sort who plans his moves. FJ can huff while they live in the same courtyard, but his being there serves the purpose of enhanced protection for her. In the later parts of the series, the unfortunate chance that the the red Qi was taken while leaving the dream realm damaged her primordial spirit.

The Miao Luo banshee can go anytime anywhere, so IMO, the offer to FJ of confined training is also calculated to keep her within sight should there be another attempt, and the wards were up to block off the unwanted intruder. Given that the red Qi greatly increases the cultivation of Miao Luo, FJ should definitely be guarded even tighter than DH did for the previous Soul-Locking Jade.

Of course that's DH playing bodyguard/tutor, and as someone who likes hearing others crying the most, he'll take the chances too of riling up FJ, much like a boy pulling his crush's pigtails.

It's such an irony that the Soul Locking Jade was busted out of Tai Chen Palace by XY. Then for Meng Shao, FJ was busted out of the wards also by XY. :lol:

DH probably automatically calculates every single things he does. Let FJ fume, she would still be near him as he does his other behind the scene things. If he's quite petty with XY, sigh...XY has given DH all kinds of reasons to resent him.

This XY was the start of everything getting tangled. Ahahaha! From that duel that eventually saddled DH of looking after JH, but got him the baby fox FJ. Then that duel again at Mt Fuyu, where XY and FJ are trapped later to Fanyin VAlley - robbed DH again of perhaps the chance to properly court FJ for six months. That FJ and XY became best buddies must have caused a vein of him to pop. LMAO!

Fortunately FJ was able to hold her own against XY in the drama when Miao Luo started to control him during their sword fight, thanks to the intense training of DH. Otherwise, XY would have been right there and then killed if his blade ever connected to any part of FJ's body.

Bolded statement, so like Gilbert Blythe in Anne of Green Gables :D

8 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

Actually, let's just say Dong Hua made calculated moves from the day he entered the valley. Somewhere in his mind, he already wanted her, but he did not realise all his actions were because he is already in love with her, Book verse, he realised this when he watched her Saha fruit competition.

In the book, he actually did his research on her in that six month gap, which is why he knew she was scared of snakes (downright terrified of them), and she is a glutton for good food, etc. In dr ama verse -> Later on, when her birthmark glowed, he realises that Miao Luo's other tear is hidden inside Feng Jiu. He then hedged his bets and moved in. One, because he is in love and doesn't know it as yet, two, because he felt a deep sense of wanting to protect her which is linked to point number one.

Everything Dong Hua does is indeed calculated. He even planned her life for her after his "demise". He is a very practical person, he had to be, he grew up the hard way. Nothing he ever does is not without reason. Even chasing and winning her over is a calculated move.  

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Say for some reason, Xiao Yan couldn’t reach Dong Hua in time to pass on Jiheng’s message. And by the time Dong Hua arrives, Jiheng is dead. Obviously this was a suicide Mission. But how do you think Dong Hua would have reacted?

Who do you think Dong Hua is more jealous of? Xiao Yan or Shen Ye?

• Wiggle 1
3 hours ago, Megan said:

Say for some reason, Xiao Yan couldn’t reach Dong Hua in time to pass on Jiheng’s message. And by the time Dong Hua arrives, Jiheng is dead. Obviously this was a suicide Mission. But how do you think Dong Hua would have reacted?

Since he both wanted to off them, it's at that level that he can contemplate it. :lol: Well, maybe Shen Ye, cos he's asked which part of Shen Ye is better than him. LMAO!

I hope it's  just bad subbing cos the innuendo there, and the glance down of FJ and her answer that she didn't make such comparison yet is really making me LOL! :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

I really want to see what would happen if Dong Hua met Gun Gun when he finally reunited with Feng Jiu to give her the ring, just before heading off to face Miao Luo.

• Sad 1
On 9/26/2020 at 10:30 PM, Megan said:

DH probably wouldn't react much. He did his part to help JH already. 

SY. XY may have FJ's attention and affection, but FJ clearly sees XY as a family, whereas FJ's feelings and behaviour towards SY seemed more ambiguous from DH's POV. 

On 9/27/2020 at 3:26 AM, MayanEcho said:

Since he both wanted to off them, it's at that level that he can contemplate it. :lol: Well, maybe Shen Ye, cos he's asked which part of Shen Ye is better than him. LMAO!

I hope it's  just bad subbing cos the innuendo there, and the glance down of FJ and her answer that she didn't make such comparison yet is really making me LOL! :lol:

I haven't noticed LOL. I will need to go back and check :lol:

On 9/27/2020 at 4:18 AM, Megan said:

I really want to see what would happen if Dong Hua met Gun Gun when he finally reunited with Feng Jiu to give her the ring, just before heading off to face Miao Luo.

That would be interesting to see. I doubt think he would be as willing to die with Miao Luo and try to think of alternative options.

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
On 9/26/2020 at 7:18 PM, Megan said:

I can only be sad on this. DH learns he's a father, but he is going to that battle with nary a hope of returning. That Qiushui toxin reallh did him a number no thanks to that ingrate and selfish demoness.

He'll be more determined to win it for BGG and FJ, even if he'll perish as well within the starlight ward once the cleansing commences. FJ will still join him though, as always when he's in danger.

39 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

I haven't noticed LOL. I will need to go back and check :lol:

Seeing the shots frame by frame... :lol: 

6 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

Or BGG is being very filial and gifting it to papa DJ. His preference is salty food anyway. 

Woe to BGG, even salty foods aren't safe from DH! Anything FJ cooks he will eat. :lol: BGG can confirm with SMY, LOL!

• Like 2

Can someone explain to me the cultivation in this novel?

i understand that Xianxia novels use cultivation to gain powers and health and immortality etc, but how exactly do the ELOD characters cultivate their powers?

for Dong Hua, he undergoes a mortal trial to recover a lot of spiritually cultivated energy...so I Guess you get energy from experiencing misfortune.

for Feng Jiu or Bai Qian, they have to study Chinese philosophy? Though I have no idea how they get stronger powers via studying. Unless they meditate on what they learn?

from what I can see, it seems like their powers mainly just grow with age.

Assuming Jiheng didn’t know that Dong Hua was not going to give the fruit to Feng Jiu, what was her plan for causing discord between DongFeng if Xiao Yan won the fruit?

• Unamused 1

Finished episode 32. In anticipation of 34, I feel angry again and am unable to enjoy the kiss as much as I would like to.

poor Xiao Yan. You’re being led on. Why can’t you just fall for Jielu???

i find it very entertaining that Xiao Yan just broke Dong Hua’s ward like that. He must be giving Dong Hua a throbbing headache with all his actions.

does anyone think Jiheng purposefully gave herself hives so Dong Hua would show concern for her? And who the hell listens to a stranger like Miao Luo?

7 hours ago, Megan said:

Can someone explain to me the cultivation in this novel?

i understand that Xianxia novels use cultivation to gain powers and health and immortality etc, but how exactly do the ELOD characters cultivate their powers?

for Dong Hua, he undergoes a mortal trial to recover a lot of spiritually cultivated energy...so I Guess you get energy from experiencing misfortune.

for Feng Jiu or Bai Qian, they have to study Chinese philosophy? Though I have no idea how they get stronger powers via studying. Unless they meditate on what they learn?

From what I understand it's not just study as in "simply reading a book."

It's study/practice. Remember DH telling FJ when she was hurt "I cannot always be there for you to help you. For cultivation to work you need to fall and get yourself back up." (Quoting from memory here ;) ) Meditation is part of study/practice I’m assuming. Meditating on a certain subject or spell or experience…

And when one experiences misfortune(s), there is a possibility to learn and thus grow/cultivate wisdom, knowledge, empathy, love and respect for all living beings. Of course you can choose to ignore “life’s lessons” and make the same mistakes over and over, but as with mortals you will not grow and will likely continue to meet the same “misfortunes.”

I don’t think age is the most important factor, and especially pre- trial(s) to high immortal and high god, unimportant because if one fails those, they are most likely to perish. “True immortals” are worthy of respect because they had cultivated enough spiritual energy to survive those trials in the first place. (Someone please correct me if I’m wrong)

I’m not sure if the demon clan also experiences calamities though… Perhaps someone else knows?

• Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

From what I understand it's not just study as in "simply reading a book."

It's study/practice. Remember DH telling FJ when she was hurt "I cannot always be there for you to help you. For cultivation to work you need to fall and get yourself back up." (Quoting from memory here ;) ) Meditation is part of study/practice I’m assuming. Meditating on a certain subject or spell or experience…

And when one experiences misfortune(s), there is a possibility to learn and thus grow/cultivate wisdom, knowledge, empathy, love and respect for all living beings. Of course you can choose to ignore “life’s lessons” and make the same mistakes over and over, but as with mortals you will not grow and will likely continue to meet the same “misfortunes.”

I don’t think age is the most important factor, and especially pre- trial(s) to high immortal and high god, unimportant because if one fails those, they are most likely to perish. “True immortals” are worthy of respect because they had cultivated enough spiritual energy to survive those trials in the first place. (Someone please correct me if I’m wrong)

I’m not sure if the demon clan also experiences calamities though… Perhaps someone else knows?

I don’t fully get it, but meditating on spells kind of sounds like mémorizing spells so technically that leads to more magic I Guess?

though I’m not sure how wisdom leads to magic...

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Megan said:

Finished episode 32. In anticipation of 34, I feel angry again and am unable to enjoy the kiss as much as I would like to.

i find it very entertaining that Xiao Yan just broke Dong Hua’s ward like that. He must be giving Dong Hua a throbbing headache with all his actions.

does anyone think Jiheng purposefully gave herself hives so Dong Hua would show concern for her? And who the hell listens to a stranger like Miao Luo?

Megan, don't ruin it for yourself dear. :lol: 

And yes, I think JH did it on purpose because she's that pathetic and desperate for his attention. 

• Wiggle 1
9 hours ago, Megan said:

They're cultivating as they practice their magic arts. Part of their schooling be it in Qing Qiu or Kunlun were about their keeping their immortality and spells apart from history and sword skills among others.

9 hours ago, Megan said:

Ye Hua was born having more powers than most even if he was one of the youngest. He studied well though, so he could do his first ascending even younger than Mo Yuan.

1 hour ago, Megan said:

Assuming Jiheng didn’t know that Dong Hua was not going to give the fruit to Feng Jiu, what was her plan for causing discord between DongFeng if Xiao Yan won the fruit?

Ji Heng wanted Dong Hua for herself - and since DH is obviously interested with FJ, then to make FJ go away from DH is her best course.

1 hour ago, Megan said:

Biyiniao clan members can't marry a non-Biyiniao as a rule due to to their short lives.

1 hour ago, Megan said:

does anyone think Jiheng purposefully gave herself hives so Dong Hua would show concern for her?

She's quite calculating. The hives are a parallel to going back for more Qiushui poisoning if it would mean getting what she wants which is DH.

1 hour ago, Megan said:

And who the hell listens to a stranger like Miao Luo?

Miao Luo's banshee is highly cultivated and can compel and manipulate in the drama given the right condition. XY is having high cultivation but because of that scratch, Miao Luo can use him via JH.

41 minutes ago, Megan said:

I don’t fully get it, but meditating on spells kind of sounds like mémorizing spells so technically that leads to more magic I Guess?

though I’m not sure how wisdom leads to magic...

The wisdom is for how to use their magic strength and their spells the best way it can be deployed.

• Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1