[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

5 minutes ago, Megan said:

I know I’ve said this before but planning a wedding when there is going to be a battle is not the best idea. I mean I get that Dong Hua doesn’t want to lose Feng Jiu, but there was always a possibility that something, aka Miao Luo, might ruin his wedding. Add to that Feng Jiu could possibly be a widow very soon...so why go through the wedding again?

And remind me again what’s the point of the promise of freedom when they live in the sky kingdom and Feng Jiu has to be um....confined by rules and uphold her image as queen?

Well he probably doesn't know exactly when Miao Luo is going to escape, it's not really like there's (supposedly) a ton of time in between when they leave Aranya's Dream and the wedding. Something like a month, maybe? Two weeks for her prep for the Bincang Ceremony and two weeks at the Holy Blue Sea, right? And the entire thing for both the drama and the book was precisely that he doesn't want to lose her. In the book he did also seem to have some kind of a plan to purify the Miaoyi Huiming Realm and then fall into a deep sleep together with Fengjiu, so that they aren't apart. 

"Dijun… he had even thought to purify the Miaoyi Huiming Realm and then fall into a deep sleep together with you." (A-Lower Volume, pg. 345)

The plan was never for Fengjiu to become a widow, it was just what Jiheng did where she tried to kill herself that forced Donghua to take her poison into himself. That was the entire problem. He would never have had the potential to actually die if it weren't for Jiheng.

As for the promise of freedom, your answer is in Tangqi's first Q&A. They live in Jiuchongtian because Fengjiu likes to live close to her aunt, but they do still rotate between Jiuchongtian, Qingqiu, and the Holy Blue Sea. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

The plan was never for Fengjiu to become a widow, it was just what Jiheng did where she tried to kill herself that forced Donghua to take her poison into himself. That was the entire problem. He would never have had the potential to actually die if it weren't for Jiheng.

But it seems like Dong Hua is worried he would die when he makes his promise to Zhe Yan and when he worries that he won’t be by Feng Jiu’s side during her ascension.

meanwhile, currently watching Dong Hua hand Feng Jiu back to her brother. When Xuyang asks what Jiheng could have done, um, what is the emotion playing on his face? I don’t know what he’s thinking here.

kind of annoyed that even after this, Jiheng has to be the fainting damsel. Ugh. 

• Like 1

Finished episode 53. First half is nice. Second half is infuriating.

ok, I get Dong Hua is innocent, but seriously...who visits an admirer on the eve of your wedding? That’s like Bella visiting Jacob (with Edward still hating him scenario). That’s not a good move. Especially when you do it alone. At best bring Chonglin with you.

and yeah I get that the Miaoyi realm is in danger, but don’t just leave Nie Chuyin there! Kill him then teleport away.

it sucks that Jiheng will be Xuyang’s heir but at least he didn’t die with regrets.

and her declaration of waiting for Xiao Yan is way too sudden. Like first heartbroken over Dong Hua, then now you’re interested in Xiao Yan.

jiheng, since when have you cared about being the disgrace of the demon clan? Oh right, when you were abandoning them to deal with your failed wedding, you didn’t care about them anymore. But now that you are returning to live amongst them, now you care about your reputation.

3 hours ago, Megan said:

I know I’ve said this before but planning a wedding when there is going to be a battle is not the best idea. I mean I get that Dong Hua doesn’t want to lose Feng Jiu, but there was always a possibility that something, aka Miao Luo, might ruin his wedding. Add to that Feng Jiu could possibly be a widow very soon...so why go through the wedding again?

It was a wedding reception to appease the Qing Qiu elders, and other than that, it would be to save FJ's face as well being a Queen herself. DH will not care,  even FJ will not care, but he will care that if FJ didn't have a decent celebration of her marriage to him, it will seem as if his wife is not important to him.

3 hours ago, Megan said:

And remind me again what’s the point of the promise of freedom when they live in the sky kingdom and Feng Jiu has to be um....confined by rules and uphold her image as queen?

Her Gugu lives there, to whom she's really close to. Anyhow the DH household would live in Qing Qiu, Jiuchongtian, and Bihai Cangling, as per TQ.

3 hours ago, Megan said:

And how did Jiheng plan to survive long enough for Dong Hua to arrive? I doubt she has enough power to defend herself. She couldn’t before, and now she is poisoned. If Meng Hao died so quickly, how did Jiheng manage to survive just long enough for Dong Hua to show up? She couldn’t have known how Long he would take.

Drama POV, JH just only had herself bitten enough, whereas Meng Hao that time was also trying to save her and Min Su. Since Meng Hao was recently freed by DH, one could say his cultivation has not recovered before he had to shield his daughter and her bodyguard. 

3 hours ago, Megan said:

And technically while she was asking Dong Hua to let her remain by his side, did she forget Dong Hua was obliged to check on her regularly?

like Sheesh, is not being his queen worth dying for? She could have still tried to be a concubine. 

As JH herself said in the book and in the drama, there are only two kinds of women for DH. The one who can only be his Empress, the other everyone else.

JH herself had said that she will try her luck as DH didn't choose yet. But she's such a delusional being to forget that he already chose his empress by revealing that he is the Prince Consort of FJ at Bincang ceremony, and the invitations sent for the delayed wedding banquet meant he wants everyone to know that he is FJ's husband.

But like what DH said, JH is obnoxious because she has her father's scale. JH demanded that he divorce FJ, since JH knows she'll never have the chance to be close to him at any way, much less to become a concubine, after this shenanigan of hers. 

3 hours ago, Megan said:

At least Su Jin thought ahead and fought some more, even when it became clear Bai Qian would be the Sky empress. Su Jin fought and thought of ways to get rid of competition. Jiheng just wants to have the last laugh.

They were both willing to use connections and favors owed to get what they wanted. Su Jin for the use of the soul gathering lamp for Ye Hua, Ji Heng for the favors Dong Hua owes her father in the past.

3 hours ago, Megan said:

these 2 villains are hateful but seriously, Jiheng is kind of disappointing on the villain scale. It sucks that she still manages to cause such devastation with this idiotic plan of hers

She did enough wreckage due to what has to be done to save her, then the Qiushui poisoning prevented DH to cultivate against Miao Luo. JH has endangered the realms, no thanks to her selfishness and ungrateful ways.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

It was a wedding reception to appease the Qing Qiu elders, and other than that, it would be to save FJ's face as well being a Queen herself. DH will not care,  even FJ will not care, but he will care that if FJ didn't have a decent celebration of her marriage to him, it will seem as if his wife is not important to him.

still not good timing with Miao Luo still an imminent threat, and of course Meng Shao being dead...

hey....I know they wanted to keep things from her but um...isn’t hiding news of the death of her friend kind of wrong?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Megan said:

But it seems like Dong Hua is worried he would die when he makes his promise to Zhe Yan and when he worries that he won’t be by Feng Jiu’s side during her ascension.

meanwhile, currently watching Dong Hua hand Feng Jiu back to her brother. When Xuyang asks what Jiheng could have done, um, what is the emotion playing on his face? I don’t know what he’s thinking here.

kind of annoyed that even after this, Jiheng has to be the fainting damsel. Ugh. 

Feng Jiu wasn't practicing well her magic arts. Remember, she fell asleep by her own lethargy spell? Her cultivation is also very low, and her primordial spirit damaged by Miao Luo's extraction of the red Qi from her birthmark. Of course he will worry, as having been in countless battles, there just might be a battle that DH will not return from. 

Xu Yang at least has the grace to be aghast. Ji Heng was unapologetic. She looked somewhat still defiant to me, until Dong Hua told her that he will cure her for her farher, but that afterwards, there'll be nothing between them anymore. She never thought that it does not matter to him whether she lives or she dies.

22 minutes ago, Megan said:

still not good timing with Miao Luo still an imminent threat, and of course Meng Shao being dead...

hey....I know they wanted to keep things from her but um...isn’t hiding news of the death of her friend kind of wrong?

DH doesn't want her to know anything related about Miao Luo. She might blame herself, once she learns how Miao Luo managed it, why she had enough power to kill all the royals who stayed behind.

Presumably DH wanted her to concentrate on her Bincang ceremony and the sword case, and then she will be informed afterwards of what happened at Fanyin Valley.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Megan said:

It isn't even just kind of wrong. It's straight up unacceptable. But I feel like that's kind of the point, it's just how DH is. It is a massive character flaw, but that's how he learned to deal with situations. It's a prime example of how he learned to handle a problem; he just takes care of it himself in whatever way he sees fit, even if it might seem ethically "wrong," because that's what he had to do when he was ruling, just to keep control over everything. But by the end, he does start changing, he realizes that he can't just do whatever and that people (FJ specifically, I feel like most other people would) won't just take it lying down. 

• Like 3

@UnluckyWhiteCat IIRC in the drama POV, DH didn't want her to know yet that the bird and owl clans were evacuated to Jiuchongtian, as she readies for Bincang ceremony and then the wedding. 

Only after JH's shenanigans, catching Nie Chuyin trying to steal the last tear, and when DH and LS went to Fanyin Valley, that he was certain the royals including Meng Shao who stayed there were all dead. LS even prevented XY to go in because only DH can survive the toxins.

I'll confirm later coz can't watch now...And also last 4 episodes have parts that are still difficult to watch. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

@UnluckyWhiteCat IIRC in the drama POV, DH didn't want her to know yet that the bird and owl clans were evacuated to Jiuchongtian, as she readies for Bincang ceremony and then the wedding. 

Only after JH's shenanigans, catching Nie Chuyin trying to steal the last tear, and when DH and LS went to Fanyin Valley, that he was certain the royals including Meng Shao who stayed there were all dead. LS even prevented XY to go in because only DH can survive the toxins.

I'll confirm later coz can't watch now...And also last 4 episodes have parts that are still difficult to watch. 

Ah was that what happened? It has been a few months since I've last watched, I guess I don't really remember exactly what happened in the drama anymore. :sweatingbullets: Although, I really do personally feel like its not actually in DH's personality to tell her what's really going on, like he'd rather she just never found out, and it was only after she left him for those 200 years that he realized where he went wrong. 

^Aaaaand I've only realized just now that most of my opinions are probably actually based on the bookverse, just because that's where I like to put most of my focus. 

Ugh, yeah, I also avoid watching the last few episodes cause they're always so sad. :(

• Sad 2

37 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

Ah was that what happened? It has been a few months since I've last watched, I guess I don't really remember exactly what happened in the drama anymore. :sweatingbullets: Although, I really do personally feel like its not actually in DH's personality to tell her what's really going on, like he'd rather she just never found out, and it was only after she left him for those 200 years that he realized where he went wrong. 

^Aaaaand I've only realized just now that most of my opinions are probably actually based on the bookverse, just because that's where I like to put most of my focus. 

Ugh, yeah, I also avoid watching the last few episodes cause they're always so sad. :(

DH's the quiet, he will do the behind the scene things to fix it sort. In a way it's very endearing how he doesn't want the person he loves not to worry about anything. But what he's doing can be so easily misinterpreted too, as evidenced of her going. 

Xu Yang not telling where DH went, only saying he was there was too calculating for me. They just missed each other for a few seconds! Fortunately FJ left in a huff immediately, because that was when Nie Chuyin with Miao Luo' power attacked Chong Lin and Xu Yang. 

As for Bai Yi, well, he disapproves in the first place, but the way he spoke to her and piled pressure on her was so simply not how to talk to your child whose groom didn't show up in the wedding reception. All because of losing face as main reason...when the rational thing to do is wait for the person to come and explain himself.

At least Cheng Yu, who might not have liked DH too before due to past hurts FJ experienced, didn't say anything against him. She got it that something is afoot. Unlike spiteful Bai Yi who should have known better, as he served under DH's army.

Even Zhe Yan is annoying when he too couldn't see past the outrage of why DH wasn't there. Like come on, he knows him from way way back, but would only give LS vague answers for FJ's whereabouts. Surely if he wasn't there, there is a reason why?

And it's heartbreaking when BGG was asking if he has a father, after being told by his playmates that children do have fathers. The face of FJ when he called her out because he has no means to confirm if what she says is true... :tears: 

The few rays of sunshine would be XY is in good terms now with DH. He cares for him and respects him, even if he still calls him ice face. And the friends of DH including Cheng Yu were doing their damnedest to find means to not lose him when he decided that he'll use the starlight ward for that last battle with Miao Luo.

• Sad 1
  • Insightful 1

Even though at first I felt a bit cheated because there were no Ye Hua/Mo Yuan cameos; I loved Team Awesome showing up to break the starlight ward! :wow1:

Still loving ELOD, but the happy ending was to rushed after the tear-jerking seperation and all that which followed the way it did. 

Thank heavens we got the boat scene after all that... :wub::D

Pin by Som Montree on Три мира.Три жизни. Записки у изголовья . in 2020 | Eternal  love drama, Eternal love, Chinese tv shows

• Like 2
  • Love 3

7 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

Thank heavens we got the boat scene after all that... 

The love rivalry commenced! :lol: 

At first glance this is DH vs BGG over FJ, but this can also be DH vs FJ over BGG's hugs and praises. :wub: Looking at the outstretched arms of FJ, before DH told BGG he can hug father instead with his arms opened wide for their son. :)

• Like 1

Question: so when the biyiniaos move to Qingqiu, are they living under the rule of the Bai clan? 

Poor Gun Gun. He can’t keep his mortal friends. No wonder he is so attached to his mother. She is the one constant in his ever changing life.

37 minutes ago, Megan said:

Question: so when the biyiniaos move to Qingqiu, are they living under the rule of the Bai clan? 

There can be two scenarios for the Biyiniao settlers: 

1. Independent State - similar to Vatican and Monaco, which are separate countries within Italy and France.

Qing Qiu may give a portion of their territory for the Biyiniaos, and possibly Night Owls as well, wherein they will be independent and will have their own government.

2. Autonomous Territory - A region or an area that have own set of rules apart from the general laws of a country as a whole. For example, UAE. There are national laws that apply all through out, and there are federal laws that apply only on a certain emirate that created that law.

Given how sensitive the health of Biyiniaos are, they will be settled to an area of Qing Qiu similar to the Fanyin Valley environment. They will abide with the Qing Qiu laws, and they will also have their own set of rules.

37 minutes ago, Megan said:

Poor Gun Gun. He can’t keep his mortal friends. No wonder he is so attached to his mother. She is the one constant in his ever changing life

Unfortunately, they have to move every few years to avoid suspicions because their physical appearances are barely changing.

• Insightful 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

The love rivalry commenced! :lol: 

At first glance this is DH vs BGG over FJ, but this can also be DH vs FJ over BGG's hugs and praises. :wub: Looking at the outstretched arms of FJ, before DH told BGG he can hug father instead with his arms opened wide for their son. :)

I agree! :wub: And that expression... 

But he's got 300 years worth of hugs to catch up on so in all fairness hugs should go to dad.

• Love 2
  • Wiggle 1

Finished episode 54. Still on Feng Jiu’s side. So Lian Song annoys me when he talks to Zhe Yan and Bai Zhen. It should be Feng Jiu who has given Dong Hua last chance.

i feel like Nie Chuyin’s death could have had more karmic retribution in it.

i wanted to see Dong Hua’s search! Not have Jielu mention it!

Gun Gun is so cute! and smart! And filial! I don’t know why but I am reminded of a penguin when he walks...

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

3 hours ago, Megan said:

So Lian Song annoys me when he talks to Zhe Yan and Bai Zhen. It should be Feng Jiu who has given Dong Hua last chance.

Drama POV, Dong Hua is about to die, and he only wants to see his wife the Bai family helped hide from him. Lian Song knows that, and besides, Feng Jiu is the one who needs something from her husband. Without DH, Ye Qingti will never be a true immortal.

Though it's commendable that the Bais are loyal to their family, it's also a fact that they're too emotional and acts and says things without thinking over. Exhibit 1: Bai Yi. Exhibit 2: Bai Qian.

One would think they've learned what happened between BQ and YH before he sacrificed his spirit to the Eastern Bell. BQ's sorrow  is more on having too much pride and refusal to hear Ye Hua out. Then there's no more chance to clear things between them. Most of all, she knew that in his last days, she has unfairly mistreated him.

Consort Lexu may not be right in some of what she said when she confronted Bai Qian, but she was right on why Ye Hua has to keep paying on what previously  happened during her trial to become a high god.

The Bais are doing the same thing to Dong Hua, minus the mistreatment. Only that it would be Feng Jiu and Bai Gun Gun who would live lonely and virtually alone for centuries, no thanks to their impulsiveness and rash words.

3 hours ago, Megan said:

i feel like Nie Chuyin’s death could have had more karmic retribution in it.

He died screwed and he knew it too while his life was getting sucked away.

3 hours ago, Megan said:

i wanted to see Dong Hua’s search! Not have Jielu mention it!

A lot of scenes were axed to fit it into 56 eps. Apparently there were enough materials until Ep70, though the search of DH may or may not have been shot. 

• Sad 1
  • Insightful 1

BQ admitted that the fox clan is a stubborn tribe, didn't she? She and Bai Yi and even Zhe Yan - who may miss a few wagging tailes, but makes up for that with his wagging tongue- are indeed great examples. I think they are a bit slow in the EQ department, so it may take them a few heartaches to learn...if ever.

• Like 1