Quantcast

[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

6 minutes ago, Megan said:

I don’t fully get it, but meditating on spells kind of sounds like mémorizing spells so technically that leads to more magic I Guess?

though I’m not sure how wisdom leads to magic...

I think it really depends on what you think meditation entails. 

In short I see it like this: When you think deeply on a subject (meditate on it) you will find the subject becomes “a world of information”, as one answer/possibility leads to a new question with another possibility and so on. The world or subject, keeps expanding the deeper you dive in and you will even find that one subject is closely related to another.

We all have potential, but not all eyes reach as far or as deep, the more you meditate and train yourself to look further from your own pre-conceptions, the deeper you can go. A spell or formation can be just that, or, a world of information to draw from…

So meditation is not simply memorizing imo, it’s a spiritual journey that can help you grow/enlighten=cultivate= spiritual strength/power.

• Insightful 4
  • Replies 17.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MayanEcho

• jimmylyne

• Ninky

• Yori Ten

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fresh out of the oven! ELOD translation team presents author Tang Qi's 7th epilogue for The Pillow Book. We hope you get the joke because it is hilariously funny to the bones!!!    Source : @

The ELOD translation team have finally completed the English translation of Tang Qi's latest Pillow Book Epilogue. We hope you will enjoy the read! Shameless DH in action yet again!   S

Ok - for those wondering what Vengo said during his interview (I only translated up to this point. The rest was his message for his love rivals, which I won't go into, his appreciation to viewers for

44 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

I’m not sure if the demon clan also experiences calamities though… Perhaps someone else knows?

Maybe in the succeeding books it will be touched. For sure though that with XY as basis, they also practice for cultivation. ^_^ I would assume though that as demons, perhaps their ascension or the way they experience calamities might be in some way different to the way celestials go through theirs.

34 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

Megan, don't ruin it for yourself dear. :lol:

I agree. :) @Megan Don't get angry ahead before watching. Ep34 has portions that are painful,  just as it has moments of revelations, care between friends, and what can be sacrificed for love. How things happened from point a to b to c to d should be enjoyed. ^_^ 

Just chill and relax. Plus without anger, you'll see more minute things you might miss because you were anticipating the scene that makes you mad.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Megan said:

Finished episode 32. In anticipation of 34, I feel angry again and am unable to enjoy the kiss as much as I would like to.

poor Xiao Yan. You’re being led on. Why can’t you just fall for Jielu???

i find it very entertaining that Xiao Yan just broke Dong Hua’s ward like that. He must be giving Dong Hua a throbbing headache with all his actions.

does anyone think Jiheng purposefully gave herself hives so Dong Hua would show concern for her? And who the hell listens to a stranger like Miao Luo?

Love is complicated. It can leads to anger, jealousy, and confusing. Sometimes it leads to misunderstanding. When Dijun and Feng Jiu kisses each other on episode 34, is like their heart opening up to each other. It felt relieving to them since they felt it was confined for so long and finally they could express it. When you love someone without knowing, you just wanted to be around them more and get to know them better. You just wanted to be there for them no matter what and protect them. Every aspects of them stands out to you the most. Is hard to know when you're in love or not. I think Jielu and Xiao Yan don't have feelings for each other and regards them self as good friends. IMO just because you know someone for short or long amount of time, doesn't mean you will instantly fall in love with each other. Although I do agree JiHeng isn't the great love interest for Xiao Yan. She did a lot of things that made us upset throughout the book/novel. I think that if she wasn't so trap in 'love' with Donghua with the whole Dijun paying his debt towards her Father. And her belief that DH has a special interest in her. Maybe there's a reason why Xiao Yan likes her?

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

Maybe in the succeeding books it will be touched. For sure though that with XY as basis, they also practice for cultivation. ^_^ I would assume though that as demons, perhaps their ascension or the way they experience calamities might be in some way different to the way celestials go through theirs.

I hope so :) I was also thinking it may be a bit different.

Also, for most celestials places like the ghost realm affect their abilities, but I don't get the same impression the other way around. Am I missing something?

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

I hope so :) I was also thinking it may be a bit different.

Also, for most celestials places like the ghost realm affect their abilities, but I don't get the same impression the other way around. Am I missing something?

From TMOPB,  if they haven't ascended yet to high immortal (or was it god level) then they are hampered and somehow lose their magic in the ghoul realm. Since BQ was a high goddess she could do her magic and fight everyone on her own, unlike the first time they were captured. Si Ming, Sang Ji, MY, and YH had no troubles too coming and going.

This is in the drama version though, I'm not so sure in the book if it's mentioned that too.

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

@MayanEcho Yes, thanks for reminding me. :) But do members of the demon and ghoul clan experience something similar when in the 9 heavens? 

In TMOPB,  Li Jing mentions of his power feeling muted when he went near Kunlun. Since Kunlun is essentially celestial realm then they're affected too in a way. Xuan Nu who was a fox had difficulties too when she went to Jiuchongtian with Li Jing, though she might be an exception to the norm as she's hated by celestials for  her betrayal and she was pregnant  as well. The fiery quilin can still do his magic too, but since he grew up with Li Jing I'd  assume he's quite cultivated himself.

These are based in the drama. ^_^ The book I can't check for now cos it's in another memory card. 

• Thanks 1
40 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

In TMOPB,  Li Jing mentions of his power feeling muted when he went near Kunlun. Since Kunlun is essentially celestial realm then they're affected too in a way.

Right!  I had forgotten about that. Thank you :) 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

i Heng wanted Dong Hua for herself - and since DH is obviously interested with FJ, then to make FJ go away from DH is her best course.

This doesn’t really answer my question about how Xiao Yan winning the fruit can separate them

7 hours ago, Megan said:

Assuming Jiheng didn’t know that Dong Hua was not going to give the fruit to Feng Jiu, what was her plan for causing discord between DongFeng if Xiao Yan won the fruit?

Quoting the previous post earlier, can I clarify that you wanted to know how JH can still make DH and FJ have issues between them even if XY is the winner? 

If I understood it as above, since XY promised to share half to FJ, and if DH withheld  the prize for whatever reason even if it's not JH asking for the fruit, FJ will still be devastated because she loses the chance to save YQT. She has already waited for centuries, and it won't bode well for her that DH stands on the way so she can pay back the favour. 

24 minutes ago, Megan said:

This doesn’t really answer my question about how Xiao Yan winning the fruit can separate them

However as for the plan itself of JH,  are you asking a what if scenario that FJ wasn't the winner of the competition?

Kindly correct me if I misunderstood, and elaborate what you wanted to know, so that an answer might be found. 

One thing to be clear with though, if JH can use the situation to her advantage, she will. Any chance to get to FJ and to get her out of the way when it comes to DH so that he can be "hers", she will use.

43 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Quoting the previous post earlier, can I clarify that you wanted to know how JH can still make DH and FJ have issues between them even if XY is the winner? 

If I understood it as above, since XY promised to share half to FJ, and if DH withheld  the prize for whatever reason even if it's not JH asking for the fruit, FJ will still be devastated because she loses the chance to save YQT. She has already waited for centuries, and it won't bode well for her that DH stands on the way so she can pay back the favour. 

However as for the plan itself of JH,  are you asking a what if scenario that FJ wasn't the winner of the competition?

Kindly correct me if I misunderstood, and elaborate what you wanted to know, so that an answer might be found. 

One thing to be clear with though, if JH can use the situation to her advantage, she will. Any chance to get to FJ and to get her out of the way when it comes to DH so that he can be "hers", she will use.

I wanted to know what if Xiao Yan had won the contest. Since Jiheng doesn’t know about Dong Hua’s plans, how would Xiao Yan winning the fruit Separate DongFeng?

7 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

And when one experiences misfortune(s), there is a possibility to learn and thus grow/cultivate wisdom, knowledge, empathy, love and respect for all living beings. Of course you can choose to ignore “life’s lessons” and make the same mistakes over and over, but as with mortals you will not grow and will likely continue to meet the same “misfortunes.”

Although come to think of it...this doesn’t seem to be the case for a Dong Hua and Bai Qian. They pretty much forgot their misfortunes and what they learned from it, but they still got major power boost.

2 minutes ago, Megan said:

I wanted to know what if Xiao Yan had won the contest. Since Jiheng doesn’t know about Dong Hua’s plans, how would Xiao Yan winning the fruit Separate DongFeng?

Whoever wins that do not receive the promised prize will be feeling bad enough to contemplate  picking it.

But at the time of the competition  DH and FJ aren't a couple yet. So there's no official separation to speak of, though FJ would surely resent and question DH's unfair change of saha to peaches. XY will also mind since he wants FJ to have half of his fruit.

IMO if XY won, swap to each other FJ and XY roles up to when XY would say he can't share the fruit because he didn't receive it either. Then FJ will be devastated and it will follow how the story went in the drama or book.

But why would you want to know about that? Why would you think it can separate DH and FJ if XY won?

24 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Whoever wins that do not receive the promised prize will be feeling bad enough to contemplate  picking it.

But at the time of the competition  DH and FJ aren't a couple yet. So there's no official separation to speak of, though FJ would surely resent and question DH's unfair change of saha to peaches. XY will also mind since he wants FJ to have half of his fruit.

IMO if XY won, swap to each other FJ and XY roles up to when XY would say he can't share the fruit because he didn't receive it either. Then FJ will be devastated and it will follow how the story went in the drama or book.

But why would you want to know about that? Why would you think it can separate DH and FJ if XY won?

I’m curious about what Jiheng’s plan was before episode 34. Her plan was to win the Saha fruit (so Miao Luo could get it) but how the heck does that separate Feng Jiu and Dong Hua? At the time she was unaware of Dong Hua’s plans. So how would Jiheng winning the fruit (via Xiao Yan) separate the 2? 
It pretty much seems like a flawed and poorly thought out plan against her competition (FJ)

1 hour ago, Megan said:

I’m curious about what Jiheng’s plan was before episode 34. Her plan was to win the Saha fruit (so Miao Luo could get it) but how the heck does that separate Feng Jiu and Dong Hua? At the time she was unaware of Dong Hua’s plans. So how would Jiheng winning the fruit (via Xiao Yan) separate the 2? 
It pretty much seems like a flawed and poorly thought out plan against her competition (FJ)

Miao Luo until competition was controlling Ji Heng over the saha fruit. From the time she possessed JH to which she was suddenly chummy with XY.

After getting rid of Miao Luo's influence, she took that as an opening to ask DH for the fruit and say she wanted to be well. That wasn't entirely innocent though as far as I can glean, there's certainly malice there since it's FJ's prize she wants to have.

Remember, DH had wanted to treat her completely when she started to spout of looking forward to the happiness he brings every 10 years and even asking if he has someone by his side or if it was Jiuge. JH kinda refused the completion of the treatment that time, but then now wanted the saha already won by FJ. If that's not calculating, that's quite some luck she has to timely ask with daddy Meng Hao as side excuse.

Megan, since XY wasn't the winner in the story, then it's better to leave it as is rather than dwell on how would it be a good plan for JH to break up DH and FJ, who weren't even a couple that time either, if XY won the saha fruit. JH's nefarious enough lying to FJ, why would you want to contemplate too over her possible plans that doesn't arise in the first place?

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Miao Luo until competition was controlling Ji Heng over the saha fruit. From the time she possessed JH to which she was suddenly chummy with XY.

After getting rid of Miao Luo's influence, she took that as an opening to ask DH for the fruit and say she wanted to be well. That wasn't entirely innocent though as far as I can glean, there's certainly malice there since it's FJ's prize she wants to have.

Remember, DH had wanted to treat her completely when she started to spout of looking forward to the happiness he brings every 10 years and even asking if he has someone by his side or if it was Jiuge. JH kinda refused the completion of the treatment that time, but then now wanted the saha already won by FJ. If that's not calculating, that's quite some luck she has to timely ask with daddy Meng Hao as side excuse.

Megan, since XY wasn't the winner in the story, then it's better to leave it as is rather than dwell on how would it be a good plan for JH to break up DH and FJ, who weren't even a couple that time either, if XY won the saha fruit. JH's nefarious enough lying to FJ, why would you want to contemplate too over her possible plans that doesn't arise in the first place?

I like knowing full details of the story. Like knowing Jiheng’s plans, which are plainly stupid. Like...you get the pimpon fruit, but now that you are all better, Dong Hua doesn’t have to take care of you. And even if Feng Jiu was angry with Dong Hua, did she honestly think that Dong Hua wouldn’t chase Feng Jiu? The dude’s been chasing her this whole time. 
Then the other stupid plan of blackmailing Dong Hua was just obnoxious.
And also because I like fanfiction a lot and what ifs are a great source of inspiration. When I finish watching ELOD,  I’m going to rely on fanfiction and imagination to keep the story alive. For that to happen, knowing details of the story helps me see characters pov better.

1 minute ago, Megan said:

I like knowing full details of the story. Like knowing Jiheng’s plans, which are plainly stupid. Like...you get the pimpon fruit, but now that you are all better, Dong Hua doesn’t have to take care of you. And even if Feng Jiu was angry with Dong Hua, did she honestly think that Dong Hua wouldn’t chase Feng Jiu? The dude’s been chasing her this whole time. 
Then the other stupid plan of blackmailing Dong Hua was just obnoxious.
And also because I like fanfiction a lot and what ifs are a great source of inspiration. When I finish watching ELOD,  I’m going to rely on fanfiction and imagination to keep the story alive. For that to happen, knowing details of the story helps me see characters pov better.

If you want a what if scenario, you have to be clear that it is a what if scenario you're asking others to give their views. Do not state it in such a way that it actually happened that way as far as the actual story goes. And be prepared to be openminded that since you're asking views and opinions over a what if turn of events, there are no wrong or unacceptable answers as well.

26 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

If you want a what if scenario, you have to be clear that it is a what if scenario you're asking others to give their views. Do not state it in such a way that it actually happened that way as far as the actual story goes. And be prepared to be openminded that since you're asking views and opinions over a what if turn of events, there are no wrong or unacceptable answers as well.

Noted

3 hours ago, Megan said:

Out of curiosity, if magic is forbidden outside the city, how is it that Dong Hua and Jiheng can use magic during the tournament?

1. Dong Hua as the Emperor is the exception to the rules. As the judge, his powers prevented magic to be used to influence the outcome of the competition.

2. Ji Heng was possessed by Miao Luo; Miao Luo does not follow rules.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1