[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

44 minutes ago, 9tRedFox said:

So how did they do the skinny part, they starved him or used a double? :D

I remember in one of his interviews he said he was asked to loose some weight but he didn't mention for which drama. In ELOD I can see he's quite skinny especially when he saved FJ from the Chiyan beast. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bertrande said:

It was blindingly white haha! I listened to the same interview, was v enjoyable - he also said he is not considered tanned since being in the industry he still has to apply skincare products, masks etc.  But didn't he also say the thing that came to mind when he saw that scene of himself in the bath tub was "why am I so white!" :joy:

He got a very good scrubbing then before  doing the tub scene. Or lighting focused on him too much? :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

@MayanEcho feeding JH to ML would have saved alot of heartaches. XY would eventually move on!

@Barbedflower good point. DH with FJ vs DH with others are absolute night and day. 

I love how FJ calls DH out for his overprotectiveness or jealousy. She knows where to drew the boundary. It's also good that DH will listen to FJ and tries to compromise. 

Vengo is super pale! Didn't someone mentioned how Vengo had to lose weight for a role around the time this series was filmed?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ChibiLy said:

@MayanEcho feeding JH to ML would have saved alot of heartaches. XY would eventually move on!

@Barbedflower good point. DH with FJ vs DH with others are absolute night and day. 

I love how FJ calls DH out for his overprotectiveness or jealousy. She knows where to drew the boundary. It's also good that DH will listen to FJ and tries to compromise. 

I love that he really cares about her happiness and feelings, or else he would go on a killing spree of every male that is around her.:sweat_smile: He takes jealousy to a whole new level.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

16 minutes ago, bertrande said:

It was blindingly white haha! I listened to the same interview, was v enjoyable - he also said he is not considered tanned since being in the industry he still has to apply skincare products, masks etc.  But didn't he also say the thing that came to mind when he saw that scene of himself in the bath tub was "why am I so white!" :joy:

@SC2019

i guess reba has really fast metabolism so she doesnt get fat even with eating much - how i wish im like her :D

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

After watching the pair in Ten Miles of Peach Blossom and the only time I viewed Dong Hua was irritated with someone touching Feng Jiu was when Si Ming was stroking his red fox.

It was so refreshing to see a whole new emotion from Dong Hua other than the bored look of a retired Immortal. The curiousity that eventually lead to jealous streaks was so lovely to watch. Finally, he felt like he is flesh and blood. Ice Face definitely got heated up elsewhere as well.

Both Zhi He and Ji Heng just wanted Dong Hua to be the "save me, save me" person. Look how useless Zhi He was with that Fire Beast and she is supposed to be appointed the Water Goddess or something. Can't even cast the water straight. Ji Heng I find all her crying really noisy. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

26 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

He got a very good scrubbing then before  doing the tub scene. Or lighting focused on him too much? :lol:

probably lighting....I reckon. It is white to the point of being unbelievable, more like the Westerner's skin tone, than an Asian's.

@bertrande I probably didn't catch/understand him when he asked 'why he is so white' as well, but I do recall him showing the drawings that fans had made of his various positions of his legs - what could not be seen below the water (including the mermaid pose)... I think he looked half amused and half perplexed when he remarked something to the effect of 'what on earth is this pose'?

• LOL 8

Just now, SC2019 said:

probably lighting....I reckon. It is white to the point of being unbelievable, more like the Westerner's skin tone, than an Asian's.

@bertrande I probably didn't catch/understand him when he asked 'why he is so white' as well, but I do recall him showing the drawings that fans had made of his various positions of his legs - what could not be seen below the water (including the mermaid pose)... I think he looked half amused and half perplexed when he remarked something to the effect of 'what on earth is this pose'?

haha yes, and I was thinking "it's just a very wide Asian squat"!  Maybe he is too tall and gangly to have ever attempted that position. :tounge_xd:That series of fan pics was awesome.

• LOL 4

12 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

I love that he really cares about her happiness and feelings, or else he would go on a killing spree of every male that is around her.:sweat_smile: He takes jealousy to a whole new level.

If he can get jealous of himself, what more with other males around? :tounge_wink: From emotionless to he can plot murder coz he got jealous.  Extreme when it comes to FJ. Imagine if he knew beforehand her pregnancy, he'll be on rampage to find her and bring her back.

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, SC2019 said:

I don't know who else said that but I did pass a comment... The change they made in the script with Lian Song and gang helping DH out made it feel like he was not alone at this point and it was more heart warming unlike in the book where he bore everything on his own. I tended to feel really sorry for him (in the book). But by doing so, I don't get to see him frantically searching for FJ everywhere and that made me feel like he had not put in personal effort, so I didn't get the impression of how important she was to him. This tends to give a different feel to viewers, and may be misleading for those who have not read the book. Also in the book DH contacted her family not only once but each time was thwarted with an evasive answer. Only in the last round did Bai Qian remark that if he really wanted FJ to reveal herself, there would certainly be a way and that gave him an idea, he then used Qing Ti's immortalisation as a ploy. Prior to that (unlike in the drama) DH was not so aware of Qing Ti's existence. 

@ElleSor I think the author said lotus steps will hit the book stores in the second half of this year, so she would probably work on bodhi fate, the story about mo yuan after that. 

She is pretty motivated in her writing now after a hiatus. I think we will enjoy her new work.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

If he can get jealous of himself, what more with other males around? :tounge_wink: From emotionless to he can plot murder coz he got jealous.  Extreme when it comes to FJ. Imagine if he knew beforehand her pregnancy, he'll be on rampage to find her and bring her back.

He would have caught up with her and used wards to keep her in hahaha! Extreme wife orotector!

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

6 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

I think its the lighting, go back and look at the episode where Feng Jiu teleported into Meng Shao’s bathroom. He also looks white there. Vengo has a slight tan in most

photos.

• Like 3

@jacquelinetan In TMOPB, he got jealous too when he heard Bai Yi was looking for potential marriage for FJ. He immediately sent that arrowhead and bell memento to through Si Ming. FJ and BQ were in West Sea castle that time helping Mo Yuan gather his spirit and treat the elder brother of Di Feng (Su Moye, right?)

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

@jacquelinetan In TMOPB, he got jealous too when he heard Bai Yi was looking for potential marriage for FJ. He immediately sent that arrowhead and bell memento to through Si Ming. FJ and BQ were in West Sea castle that time helping Mo Yuan gather his spirit and treat the elder brother of Di Feng (Su Moye, right?)

Die Feng is indeed Su Mo Ye. He wasnt called Die Feng in the book either. He went by another name at Kun Lun.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

2 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Will he be able to keep her in layers of wards? FJ only needs to dance. :tounge_xd:

She doesn’t have enough cultivation to break Di Jun’s wards. I know both Lian Song and Yan Chiwu can both break it. Lian Song is in the same generation as Bai Qian and YCW is about 100,000 about the same ad Nie Chu Yin.

• Like 2