[Drama 2018] About Time / 어바웃타임

Maetawinz

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of my screencaps from Vlive.

LSY said he chose the drama because he had a great time working with PD in 20 Again so always wanted to reunite with PD.  LSK actually seek out the role, likes the romantic fantasy and fun element of the script.  Plus, it involves musical, something she can do well.

IMG_0084IMG_0081IMG_0075
Spoiler
IMG_0071IMG_0077IMG_0074IMG_0068IMG_0067

LSY mentioned that there are three reasons why he chose the project: to work with PD again, challenge himself to take on a romantic lead again (he specifically said he has to force himself not to lose his look, exercise, diet, going to skincare clinic).  Lastly, he likes how the drama progresses and changes from beginning to end.  It starts out as a romantic fantasy comedy but will end with sorrow.  In a way, it's a melodrama (something under appreciated these days).  He felt the plot didn't have to be too layered because the drama transgresses through different human feelings, thus melo.  Yikes, keep your tissue box ready.

LSK said she is crazy about musicals and took on herself to prepare well for this drama.  She found that it is not easy to do musicals.  Often she would want to redo a shoot even when PD doesn't request that.

One reporter asked about the meaning behind the title "About Time", whether the PD (or writer) took inspiration from that movie, time traveling.  PD answered that the drama is not based on the movie of the same name.  The subplot/subtitle of this drama is "Stopping Time".  I think he meant it will be of different times in the characters lives, from when we meet them till the end of their story.  He said the drama is "of Time" = that's why they titled it "About Time".  PD hopes we keep that in mind when watching the drama.  What does time means to us?

LSY said he wants to shoot for 7% AGB rating (his last drama was above 7% for tvN). If they surpass 7%, they will give out Polaroids and watch the final episode with the fans.  Hmmmm, so cameras or pictures may have some role in the drama then.:D

22 minutes ago, triplem said:

@bedifferent Was there any mention about the case ?

I’m surprised they managed to find a replacement so quickly

Yes, they asked about the Lee Seo Won case, i can't understand well what he said but he said that he will try his best so that this issue won?t affect the cast and crew and will not let the other cast suffer because of this.

They did to find soon a replacement because the drama is about the begin and they need someone to replace him as soon as possible. I never saw Dong Jun acting, i hope he is good. 

1 hour ago, Libera said:

It looks like Kim Dongjun will take Lee Seo Won place

I've only seen him in Black but I thought he was pretty good. Hopefully they'll be able to reshoot the scenes without too much trouble.

Fantastic love story ‘About Time’

Lee Seo-won leaves production amid sexual harassment allegation 

From time to time, we can all wonder how much time we have left on this planet. What would it be like to have a “life watch” that tells you how much time you have remaining? The new tvN drama series “About Time” uses just such a device to depict a fantastic romance tale. 

Lee Sung-kyung plays Choi Mikaela in the 16-part production. She is able to see the invisible watch on people’s wrists, including her own. The watch tells how much time a person has left. With the knowledge of exactly how much time she has left herself, Choi falls in love with Lee Do-ha, played by Lee Sang-yoon. 

Lee Sung-kyung (left) and Lee Sang-yoon pose for photos at a press conference held Thursday at Times Square mall in Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul. (tvN)

“At happy moments, we think about stopping time. The drama talks about such moments. A woman who is living a time-limited life meets a destined love,” director Kim Hyung-sik said at a media briefing held Thursday in southwestern Seoul. “The story is sweet, light and fun, and also sometimes heartbreaking.” 

The new Monday-Tuesday drama features musicals as its main subject, with Choi as a musical actress. Her love interest Lee runs a cultural foundation that handles musical businesses.

According to the director, the actress, widely known for her acting and dancing talents, pulled off all the musical scenes herself. 

“I love musicals. I even wanted to be a musical actress when I was little. But because I love it, it was challenging to manage the scenes,” Lee said, revealing that she has been taking voice and dancing lessons. “As someone who loves musicals, I am not fully satisfied with my work.” 

The model-turned-actress was attracted to the role by the story. “I had to try, as the series is a fantastic love story that any woman can dream of,” she said. 

Poster for “About Time” (tvN)

Meanwhile, Lee Seo-won, who had been cast in a supporting role as a musical producer, has been pulled off from the series following reports Thursday that Lee was charged with sexual harassment in April. His case has been sent to the prosecution. 
Lee is alleged to have attempted to make physical contact with the celebrity victim. He also purportedly threatened her with a weapon. His agency Blossom Entertainment issued an apology after looking into the matter. 

Later, a post was updated on social media by a person assumed to be part of the series staff. The post read, “We already shot 12 episodes. I want to die.” 

“We were notified of the situation yesterday. Lee has dropped out of the production. But as the character is necessary for the story, we are finding another actor to take the role,” director Kim said. “I am aware of the post on social media. We will perhaps hire extra people to lessen the burden on the staff.” 

Though the series’ title is the same as the famed British film of 2013, the two productions are unrelated. The new fantasy-romance series will air its first episode on Monday at 9:30 p.m. 

By Im Eun-byel (silverstar@heraldcorp.com)

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201805171754544493818_2

Lee Sang Yoon Talks About His 9-Year Age Gap With Lee Sung Kyung

Lee-Sung-Kyung-Lee-Sang-Yoon-XPN.jpg

tvN’s new Monday-Tuesday drama “About Time” held a press conference on May 17. Director Kim Hyung Sik and the cast including Lee Sang Yoon, Lee Sung Kyung, Im Se Mi, Han Seung Yeon, and SF9’s Rowoon were present.

During the press conference, Lee Sang Yoon and Lee Sung Kyung shared what it was like to act together as the male and female lead. When asked about the age difference between the two, Lee Sang Yoon jokingly replied, “Nine years is not that big of a difference. It’s not even 12 years.”

He added, “Lee Sung Kyung and I are a couple whose average height is 180 centimeters (approximately 5.9 feet). I think our similar height will make up for the age difference.”

Lee Sang Yoon continued, “In order to Iive up to Lee Sung Kyung’s visuals, I’ve been going to a cosmetic dermatologist, losing weight, and paying attention to my hair and clothes. I’m trying to appear as an attractive man in terms of acting as well.”

Lee Sung Kyung also explained that they worked well together, sharing that Lee Sang Yoon had the so-called “puppy-like charms.” The term usually implies that the person has a bright, bubbly character and easily befriends everyone around him. “I think he incorporates that really well into his character,” Lee Sung Kyung said. “That charm will stand out when he acts alongside my character.”

“About Time” is a fantasy romance that tells the story of a woman who can see people’s lifespans and a man who unexpectedly gets involved with her. The drama premieres on May 21 at 9:30 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/17/lee-sang-yoon-talks-9-year-age-gap-lee-sung-kyung/

Update: Kim Dong Jun Confirmed To Replace Lee Seo Won In “About Time”

Kim-Dong-Jun-Lee-Seo-Won1-768x512.jpg

Kim Dong Jun is officially joining “About Time”!

Shortly after the news about Kim Dong Jun being in talks for the role of Jo Jae Yoo, tvN released an official statement to confirm that the actor will be replacing Lee Seo Won.

They wrote, “We have finalized the casting of Kim Dong Jun. He has canceled all his scheduled activities to start filming with us, so we will begin shooting soon. We will make sure that there are no disruptions to the existing broadcast schedule, and we will try out best to show viewers a great production. Thank you.”

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/17/kim-dong-jun-talks-replace-lee-seo-won-time/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=SocialWarfare

Watch: Lee Sang Yoon And Lee Sung Kyung Are Destined For Each Other In “About Time” Highlight Reel

Spoiler

Lee-Sang-Yoon-Lee-Sung-Kyung11.jpg

tvN’s new fantasy romance drama “About Time” has released a highlight reel.

“About Time” tells the story of Choi Michaela (Lee Sung Kyung), a young woman who can see people’s lifespans, and Lee Do Ha (Lee Sang Yoon), a man who unexpectedly becomes involved with her.

At the beginning of the video, Choi Michaela walks across a bridge where an accident seems to have taken place. She says, “I can see the remaining lifespan of people.” The scene shifts to show Lee Do Ha and Choi Michaela confronting each other seriously. When Lee Do Ha asks her if she likes him, she replies, “I need you.”

Spoiler

Lee-Sung-Kyung3.jpg

The clip then shows how Choi Michaela and Lee Do Ha first met. When Lee Do Ha’s car surprises Choi Michaela, they become engaged in a hilarious argument. Lee Do Ha snaps, “Isn’t it common sense for people to avoid moving cars?” to which Choi Michaela retorts, “Isn’t it common sense for cars to protect people? Do you think the Earth revolves around you?”

Lee-Sang-Yoon-Lee-Sung-Kyung2.jpg

It is soon revealed that Choi Michaela is a musical actress who is yet to be successful. After she randomly kisses Lee Do Ha in a theater, a female voice is heard saying, “He’s your destined guy. Win him over no matter what it takes!” This is followed by hilarious scenes where Choi Michaela follows Lee Do Ha everywhere to his frustration.

Spoiler

Lee-Sung-Kyung11.jpg

Although Lee Do Ha quickly falls for the unique charms of Choi Michaela, he already has a fiancée, Bae Soo Bong (Im Se Mi). After finding out about their relationship, she says calmly to Choi Michaela, “I’ll give you anything that’s better, more expensive, and more rare. Don’t try to shake up Lee Do Ha.”

Spoiler

Im-Se-Mi1.jpg

The drama takes another turn when the number 101 days shows up on Choi Michaela’s arm, implying that she only has those days left to live. Lee Do Ha, meanwhile, falls deeply in love with her and says, “You’ve got me. No matter what I do, Choi Michaela is all I can see.” As they dance together, Choi Michaela smiles and says, “So this is what being happy feels like.”

Lee-Sung-Kyung-Lee-Sang-Yoon2.jpg

The clip also hints at a second couple by showing a short scene where Choi Michaela’s best friend and younger brother wake up screaming after they find out that they’ve shared a bed. The highlight reel concludes with a series of funny bloopers.

Spoiler

Rowoon-Han-Seung-Yeon.jpg

“About Time” premieres on May 21 at 9:30 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

Watch the full highlight reel below!

https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/17/watch-lee-sang-yoon-lee-sung-kyung-destined-time-highlight-reel/

9 hours ago, triplem said:

@bedifferent Was there any mention about the case ?

I’m surprised they managed to find a replacement so quickly 

As @Libera posted, PD said they received the news and collectively made the decision the night before presscon.  I like his response to the question.  Was decisive, respectful of his crew and cast’s concerns... very calm matter of fact.  Very assuring to hear the PD handle the issue quickly.  No surprise that they found a replacement; they addressed it as professional as we could have hoped.  Everyone at the table had a serious demeanor when the question comes up, a little sombre at the beginning but the cast became more lively as the conference progresses.  Everyone laughs at the end.  LSY even tried a pretty non-funny joke :)

He said after the first script reading, the cast all walked out into the hallway to wait for the elevator.  Per protocol, usually, the most senior person, like the PD, walks into the elevator first to be followed by the rest.  No one moved so he stepped in first, expecting others to follow.  No one did for a long time, leaving him the only one standing in the elevator car.  He laughed and thought that was funny.  The rest of the cast would either look at him or covered their eyes in shame.  LSK just laughed and covered her eyes.  I guess he thought it was funny everyone is caught up frozen in the moment or protocol (trying to figure out who should go next) and to him, it was a simple natural thing to all go into the elevator and leave. LOL

I didn’t get it till later too LOL He really need to work on his delivery, same as on the variety show LOL Always seems to be on a different wavelength than the rest of us. 

Archived