[Drama 2018] About Time / 어바웃타임

Maetawinz

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, triplem said:

I was a  little sceptical with the teasers, worried that it would disappoint me but I found myself enjoying  the first episode.  I have been waiting for LSK to do a drama since  Weightlifting Fairy and I think this role is perfect for her. Plus I do like her singing voice. 

I was wondering for a moment , if this drama was going the way of the usual jerk who gets the girl (I'd be quite disappointed to be honest) but having seen that Do Ha's behaviour is largely in part to do with his anxiety disorders , I'll cut him some slack.  @bedifferent You're the doc here , so you'll probably be better able to explain if his medical condition makes him a little rude. :lol: I think his anxieties are making him rather prickly and I can understand why his girlfriend has yet to say yes to his multiple proposals. Looks like he is not really in love with her and she knows it. ( Love Lee Sang Yoon in this. He looks as good as ever. I was slightly squealing when he removed his shirt, winks) 

I warmed up to Choi Mikela immediately. Having a clock ticking, telling you you're going to die in less than 4 months has helped her see what's important. She's seeing the big picture - life is too short to sweat the small stuff, show love and kindness to those around you, go for your dreams and live with no regrets. LSK makes Mikela a heroine  you''ll want to root for. She did it from the get go in WLFKBJ and does this here again. 

I think what excites me is the legit chemistry I see when they cross paths. There is  at least a10 year age gap between the two in real life but their pairing seems to work for me.  The preview looks fun as our gal goes all desperate trying to cling on to him, and his bewildered look and reactions are priceless. I am very interested to find out what it is about him that is able to stop her clock. Can he do it for everyone ? Or is it just her? Funny thing is she did not see his clock - what is his life span?  Much to look forward to.

Nah he is 100% not a jerk  even with his issues most people react the same way.

Just now, dramaninja said:

Nah he is 100% not a jerk  even with his issues most people react the same way.

@dramaninja you are everywhere!:lol: Yes, I do see how he is generally paranoid and may forget his manners. But he is not unlikeable. 

-----------------------------

LSK's sis had a cameo.  I am actually waiting for the TVN YT links , they are really slow tonight

@triplem @dramaninja so what i like most about this drama is how we get little nuggets here and there at the most unexpected times.  The dialogues are clever and tongue in cheek, this is where I really miss good translations.  Do Ha does have some very funny lines, his dry humour is from his personality and anxiety.  It seems subsconcious, like foot in mouth no filter straight from his mind.  I don’t think he’s a jerk, he reminds me of a friend who is brutally honest in opinions, which makes him a gem cuz you don’t have to doubt his sincerity.  DH’s long time GF Beth is likeable, no?  She’s sassy, smart, and matches him in wit.  I don’t really want her to go all evil hahaha.  Seems to me that she likes him, not sure about love, has the same outlook in this engagement.  She has refused all his proposals so far knowing DH hasn’t utter the L word.  I don’t know if this is out of pride or she sees this as a challenge to make the guy fall for her.  

Alright, at this point, only 1 episode down.  I see a guy who is afraid to live crosses path with a girl who tries to live life to the fullest with the limited time she has left.  It’s an interesting premise to base a love story on.  After DH experienced death of his old GF, he became a safety first kind of guy, afraid of risks and anything that would kill him.  There’s PTSD, not sure if his GF died from a car accident?  His brother is asking him to regain control by driving again.  DH is very observant, he noticed her limp after the car collision and worried for her safety sitting drunk near the pool.  He sees the risks in everything which makes him the perfect foil for Michaela who is a risk taker despite knowing.

about.jpg 208349.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHVrsrYLkCJEXA959_Hag

Not only am I going to watch this drama, I am going to love it.  The chemistry worked almost right away and dang LSK as CM is rocking the house with her facial expressions.  Mind you I can only speak for myself but when she cries and you look into her eyes.  It's as if her face glows and glistens it's not just a view it's an experience.  And on top of that her singing brings on a whole new dimension in just how talented this actress truly is...

Mr Dimples LSY as DH lets just say he is like some fine wine that just keeps getting better with time.  Heck it's no wonder her time moves up around him half the women that watch this may not have their time moved up.  Yet I would be willing to bet their pulse and heart rate just might soar.  That is if we continue to get feels and views of this OTP staring into each other as if they are looking at each others naked souls.  While pricking ours...  Simply amazing so far:wub:

OKAY this is my theory...don't hate me :D 

At the end of tonight's episode, we saw that her time increases when she's with him! What if hers is increasing but his is decreasing?? I mean, the time has to be taken from someone! So what if she finds out later on that his time is decreasing because of her and decides to leave him...? (they did say it starts as a rom-com but goes on as a melodrama :() That kinda explains how fast their romance seems to be picking up so early!

Also, why is it that she can't see how long HE has to live??

SO MANY question but we're only 2 episodes in so it makes sense...but I so am invested!!! Found my new drama to binge :wub: 

8 minutes ago, blademan said:

OKAY this is my theory...don't hate me :D 

At the end of tonight's episode, we saw that her time increases when she's with him! What if hers is increasing but his is decreasing?? I mean, the time has to be taken from someone! So what if she finds out later on that his time is decreasing because of her and decides to leave him...? (they did say it starts as a rom-com but goes on as a melodrama :() That kinda explains how fast their romance seems to be picking up so early!

SO MANY question but we're only 2 episodes in so it makes sense...but I so am invested!!! Found my new drama to binge :wub: 

Nah love is a magical source it comes from nothing but is everywhere. :heart:

maxresdefault.jpgoriginal.jpg?t=1525977724rosepetalsFLOATIE.gif~c200

Dang I am finally on the right thread there are some pure romantic souls on this thread and it's just going to make watching this drama so much more fun!!! :blush:

1 hour ago, blademan said:

Forgive me while I hide behind you in sharing the following...

You may have already answered your own question. 

In that the time he gives where does it come from?  Reminding me of that saying "Nothing really comes for free".  Maybe she can't see it because he doesn't have a time but a job to fulfill.  Or maybe she doesn't see it so that she won't know she is taking his time.  Also whats with the petal floating down or is it part of an angels wing falling off every time?  I wonder it gets his attention and it sure gets mine although it seems a bit beautiful.  It has to have some special meaning... He seems to be the only one to see it...:blink:

Not to mention his heart reacting to CM is it love moving his heart or is it something more.  A couple more questions who was that girl or woman in the hospital bed in the ER that was bleeding that we saw?  Is there a connection between that person and CM? Or since they didn't allow us to see her face and please forgive this last and crazy thought is it CM herself laying there?:vicx:

I shall now go and hide under a rock...:ph34r:

@USAFarmgirl the girl in the ER was GF/fiance.  She passed away; guessing DH is carrying survivor guilt and PTSD from the experience. lol you funny too.

On a serious note, how would you feel if you have the ability to see others timeline. Is it a curse or gift? I would feel so much guilt if I don’t tell that person her/his mortality.  I don’t know if I rob others the chance to make peace with their lives and prepare for the goodbye.

3 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

@USAFarmgirl the girl in the ER was GF/fiance.  She passed away; guessing DH is carrying survivor guilt and PTSD from the experience. lol you funny too.

On a serious note, how would you feel if you have the ability to see others timeline. Is it a curse or gift? I would feel so much guilt if I don’t tell that person her/his mortality.  I don’t know if I rob others the chance to make peace with their lives and prepare for the goodbye.

Its a curse to me no way would I want to see this on anyone let along my love ones its too scary.

Both main characters in this drama are suffering in their in way,I am guessing this is a healing drama correct?

@bedifferent  This is a prime example as to why you should never guess or comment without watching with SUBS LOL:wacko:

Insert foot in mouth or in this case when writing read subs before posting :confounded:

Thanks for rescuing me Chingu continue to watch over me!!!  It would seem I need it!!!:lol:

I too think it would be a curse it's bad enough to be told your dying knowing others around you are and there isn't a thing you can do to change it.  That is to painful to even think about!!!!:bawling:

Archived