[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

I will also watch it after I get home and finish chores. Let’s enjoy!!

Update - just saw episode 1:

Spoiler

The opening was super cool - beautiful cinematography - and impressive! Wuxia brought to life and I am so impressed with the actor playing Ning Que (Chen Feiyu), and the straight to the point narrative for episode 1 despite a huge cast of characters - it wasn’t confusing. Need more time Re the main actress playing Sang Sang. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, penelop3 said:

From the novel. I've been reading the translated version on Webnovel... :sweatingbullets:

Aaah thank you for the spoiler @lynne22. I really don't mind spoiler but for those who are no no, pls don't read it! :P

I'm still reading ch 38 so long way to go, I think it's ch 580ish?

The translation is indeed a bit difficult to digest but it's readable. Thanks again!! 

could you pm the translated version of the Webnovel please?

• Like 1

I have finally finished watching episode 1-3. I am loving the story and learning about Tang Dynasty in this story. 

It seems due due to fact I was watching this drama raw and I had made some bad theories. 

Ning Que is playful, cute and a very good fighter but he can’t cultivate. Ever Night was able to edits some of the scenes that were cut from the very first episode they made. I am not tv techno critic but I think it wa well done. Ning Que cares for Sarang and She cares for him too. 

I wonder does Ning Wue knows that Sarang is a girl?? because in the subs they keep saying He!!! Why are they calling her a Hee. She loooks like a girl not a boy. 

I found out about the King. The King loves his children and won’t stand anyone to say otherwise. 

What the hell is wrong with the High Priest of Wei Guang Min.? Is he crazy or is he right? He has caused so much pain. 

We also found out General Xia Hou ans the Empress secret. 

Chingu’s watch so we can discuss about it . Please 

@stella77 @Wotad @hot_hot1975

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Hii

Spoilers, here

Reveal hidden contents

Like lynne22 said, NQ-SS is the OTP. They care each other a lot, but because they are used to be together since kids, they dont realize their own feelings. Until later.

@UnniSarah

hii you're welcome! I also havent read a lot, just the important parts since the novel is veeery long, while the translation is not complete. And I'm impatient, so I need to know more :p

@rhaps  Me too, I am very impatient. I remember when Legend of YunXi was finally in line I watched all the episode raw. Then watched the episode I really needed a better understanding with subs. 

This drama , you have to have subs to enjoy watching this drama, so I have no other choice but to wait. :tears:

• LOL 1

@rhaps   I just finished watching episode 4 in Ever Night with subs. I am really enjoying this drama so much. I keep checking this thread if there are any updates. I wished more people were watching this and commenting in this thread.

Spoiler

If you go to mydramalist, you willbe able to find the relationship chart for all the characters in the drama. It isn't really clear because there is so many characters in this drama. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rhaps said:

Hii

Spoilers, here

Hide contents

Like lynne22 said, NQ-SS is the OTP. They care each other a lot, but because they are used to be together since kids, they dont realize their own feelings. Until later.

@UnniSarah

hii you're welcome! I also havent read a lot, just the important parts since the novel is veeery long, while the translation is not complete. And I'm impatient, so I need to know more :p

yeah maybe ill change my mind but i cant see them in that way yet honestly. 

• Like 1

I am slow and just finished episode 2!

i am loving this show! I like Ning Que’s relationship with General Ma and Sang Sang. So touching and sweet.

The cinematography is sooooo nice after so many Cdrama green scenes. It makes a huge different for atmosphere and production quality - from the desert camp to the northern wilderness - soo beautiful!

Also appreciate the interesting blend of realism and wuxia fantasy fighting elements? It is actually a bit more violent and gore for the battle scenes but hey, I get this is an adaption if wuxia genre, which is all about fighting, battle, wars and political & military strategy. On top of this to have the fantasy element fused in was pretty cool.

Spoiler

For example when the caravan was attacked, the scene focuses on regular hand to hand combat with swords and bows.Slowly, they introduce the ‘strength giant’ guy, bring back the mind controlled knife master and then boom - someone practicing demonology!! 

Also so I appreciate them finally explaining Ning Que’s ‘woodcutter’ reputation and it adds another layer to his character: the opposites of him being a cold, killing machine in battle and a sweet, caring guy looking up to General Ma as a father figure and for now a brother/family role to Sang Sang.

Re Sang Sang, I hope they flesh out her character more in the upcoming episodes. Gosh she is so tiny and with the current styling looks pretty spot on of how I imagine this character. 

Lastly, the cute lizard scene, the money/going to capital/warming feet, the records of Sang Sang’s height by the door as they leave and the goodbye scene with General Ma were so well done. 

I do need to check the character diagram chart especially about that sect with different heads - justice, light etc - it is still confusing. The actors portraying these black rob guys are ok ok. Leon Lai is a bit stiff but that wavy hair general chatting to the Empress seems like an interesting character. Don’t care so much Re that prince going into the rest yet either. 

• Like 2

OMG i just caught up with episode 6 and the fight scenes in episode 6 were so damn good this show beats all of this genre released this year so damn easily, even though the viki subs are a bit off im glad they are subbing this amazing show.

It seems really underrated here considering how good it is , easily better then MA and Fight breaks sphere. 

If this quality keeps up could become one of my top drama's i bet if the male lead was more popular it would be way bigger internationally thankfully doing decently in China. 

284m views so far which is not bad.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Wotad said:

OMG i just caught up with episode 6 and the fight scenes in episode 6 were so damn good this show beats all of this genre released this year so damn easily, even though the viki subs are a bit off im glad they are subbing this amazing show.

It seems really underrated here considering how good it is , easily better then MA and Fight breaks sphere. 

If this quality keeps up could become one of my top drama's i bet if the male lead was more popular it would be way bigger internationally thankfully doing decently in China. 

284m views so far which is not bad.

I hope that people who watch the show and are enjoying it (like us) will spread the good word and get more people to give the show and the cast a chance. It may happen and I agree that Chen Feiyu has potential to be a huge star.

I also enjoy discussing about drama and can understand if friends here want to discuss the plot, characters or have questions.

However, can I make a polite request for people to use the spoiler tag when discussing episodes in details or asking questions that may spoil - especially if you are viewing ahead beyond the episodes with subs? I'm only starting and don't want to be spoiled re plot and character relationships etc.

Wotad's comment above on episode 6 is fine because it doesn't share details. Thanks so much in advance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stella77 said:

I hope that people who watch the show and are enjoying it (like us) will spread the good word and get more people to give the show and the cast a chance. It may happen and I agree that Chen Feiyu has potential to be a huge star.

I also enjoy discussing about drama and can understand if friends here want to discuss the plot, characters or have questions.

However, can I make a polite request for people to use the spoiler tag when discussing episodes in details or asking questions that may spoil - especially if you are viewing ahead beyond the episodes with subs? I'm only starting and don't want to be spoiled re plot and character relationships etc.

Wotad's comment above on episode 6 is fine because it doesn't share details. Thanks so much in advance. 

Yeah my comments generally dont contain much details its only general thoughts on the show/episodes i hope everyone can be on the same page soon and go in depth with discussions. 

• Like 2

Just watched episodes 3 and 4 and it is getting good and fun. I would also be grateful if someone could translate the big relationship chart. It is getting hard to keep track od all the amazing support characters!!

Spoiler

The umbrella, reverse rain incident at the gate was interesting. Any theories?

Also with each episode, the relationship of NQ and SS is sooo adorable and sweet.

• Like 3