Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

18 minutes ago, angelangie said:

can't start till there is an official announcement....till now i havent seen anything official for now.....i will let u guys know when i saw it....or if u guys happen to see it let me know....

Wait til confirm when the production crew start shooting season 2:)

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, LeeN said:

Wait til confirm when the production crew start shooting season 2:)

yes usually they will only confirm when they start shooting or have an official ceremony

• Like 1

21 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

Im still suprised how far Ive watched into a drama series this long, besides ROP. Lately, I can barely finish any kdrama that has only 16 ep. Most of recent shows have been a snoozefest this past fall/winter.

Cdramas have been a breathe of fresh air, even w/its long run/episodes.

I have gravitated to C-dramas over the last year too even though I think some of them are far too long.

17 hours ago, n3bula said:

Watched ep 52 -54. 

Why did NQ raised his hand at SS as if he was going to hit her? She didn't do anything for him to do that. I liked the XH fight scene it was cool. LQ doesn't learn he's so obsessed with becoming more powerful. I think the actor does a great job. Chao got himself a wife. I didn't see that coming. I really hope we see more of him in s2. I did enjoy the sweet NingSang moments. 

We don't know why the director decided to make NQ so needlessly physically aggressive towards SS.  He wasn't like this in the book or even the first half of the drama and it makes even less sense now he should be viewing her romantically.  Yet another inexplicable decision from this drama to further diminish the NQ-SS relationship <_<

11 hours ago, lynne22 said:

@raziela Mao Ni's work are always an interesting read, due to different reasons....

You can see some of his current novel that are translated in this NU link :

https://www.novelupdates.com/nauthor/mao-ni/

There were 2 novel aside from EN that were most talk about. One is Ze Tian Ji, which I really recommend, and another is Joy of Life.

Joy of life also had an adaptation, but haven't aired yet... so I'm not sure if this is a loose adaptation or not. :lol:

Thanks so much for responding.  I  will have a look at the suggestions :)

10 hours ago, dzareth said:

The drama (EN) brought me to the book. While i know that Mao Ni has another novel adaptation Fighter of Destiny (?), i haven't watched that because Luhan or any flower boys don't appeal to my taste. I might check out the book once translation of EN novel is completed.

Well, not quite true. I did watch mybe 2 episodes of FoD? But the initial impression that i have is like I'm watching 10 miles peach. The costumes were very pretty pastels and clean, quite unlike costumes in EN that looks more rough and deconstructed (at lease for the those frim the lower level of society). FoD is also very bright, if i remember correctly and lacks the many outdoor scenes we enjoyed EN. But i could be wrong since i only watched a couple of episodes awhile ago. 

So, i can't really offer you recommendations of MN's other works. 

Thanks for replying.  That's OK.  For some reason I thought you had read his books before the drama. Yes, I think the FoD drama is more like the typical idol drama and overdone green screen like so many recent dramas unlike the more realistic feel and real sets of EN.

• Like 6

Wishing everyone on the thread a very Happy New Year!.

giphy.gif

The thread seems to be winding now so I just wanted to say It was a pleasure following and discussing this drama with all of you through the good and the bad!  May we meet again on another drama thread :)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, raziela said:

Wishing everyone on the thread a very Happy New Year!.

The thread seems to be winding now so I just wanted to say It was a pleasure following and discussing this drama with all of you through the good and the bad!  May we meet again on another drama thread :)

Right back at you! Happy to a brighter & better New Year everyone! 

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote pictures
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Happy New Year everyone! I really made my own hand made noodles with scallions that was spicy but not so sour over the holidays. Back to work tomorrow already but looking forward to the final episodes. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

Posted (edited)
On 1/1/2019 at 12:46 PM, UnniSarah said:

Happy New Year  Ever Night Fans @epinklyn @Wotad @n3bula @angelangie @lynne22 @raziela @greenwatch08 @mei2018 @dzareth @LeeN  @ningsangcpp @littlemissmiss @toninha @Snow Guardian @Cheng Chao @pangia @stella77 @rhaps    To the rest of Ever Night Fans that i miss

Happy new year:grin:

Happy new year everyone :grin:

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote images
  • Like 4

I suddenly realized that today is the first wednesday without a new episode.....:(

It feels a little weird not trying to find any updates about EN anymore LOL

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5c2c7b6f7148305473

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
On 1/2/2019 at 4:53 PM, lynne22 said:

I suddenly realized that today is the first wednesday without a new episode.....:(

It feels a little weird not trying to find any updates about EN anymore LOL

Sub Eng is only at episode 54. I have to wait for 6 more episodes. I think it os a good thing that I still have some to look forward to. Then I will properly watch ot again from the begining. :tounge_xd:

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote images
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

I'm having ever night withdrawl... missing this drama very much... makes me just curious to how everyone are going to end up... but i guess either i have to wait till season 2 come out or watch out for spoilers from peps who had read the book.