[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

@pad-hari sorry for the late reply.. i was sick these past few days.. lol..

@epinklyn has helped to check them... so here's my list to sum up everything and adding few that I know..

Master : Fu Zi
1-st Brother - Li Manman, good in Everything :P 
2-nd Brother - Jun Mo, master in Sword
3-rd Sister - Yu Lian, Devil Sect Sovereign 
4-th Brother - Fan Yue, Talisman (Fu) Master
5-th Brother - Song Qian, Chess Master
6-th Brother - Tie Jiang, Blacksmith
7-th Sister - Mu You, Array Master
8-th Brother - unknown... , Chess Master
9-th Brother - Beigong Weiyoung, Tonality Master
10th Brother - Ximen Buhuo, Tonality Master
11th Bother - Wang Chi, Specialize in medicine, plants and philosophy 
12th Brother - Chen Pipi, a Genius that loves to eat :P... 
13th Brother - Ning Que

2nd Generation:

Tang XiaoTang (Teached by Yu Lian)

Zhang Nianzu (Teached by Jun Mo, and later Chao Xiaoshu)
Li Guangdi (Teached by Jun Mo, and later Chao Xiaoshu)

The actors for 9 and 10th brother are twins in case you didn't notice lols. 

Hope this helps. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

35 minutes ago, lynne22 said:

@pad-hari sorry for the late reply.. i was sick these past few days.. lol..

@epinklyn has helped to check them... so here's my list to sum up everything and adding few that I know..

Master : Fu Zi
1-st Brother - Li Manman, good in Everything :P 
2-nd Brother - Jun Mo, master in Sword
3-rd Sister - Yu Lian, Devil Sect Sovereign 
4-th Brother - Fan Yue, Talisman (Fu) Master
5-th Brother - Song Qian, Chess Master
6-th Brother - Tie Jiang, Blacksmith
7-th Sister - Mu You, Array Master
8-th Brother - unknown... , Chess Master
9-th Brother - Beigong Weiyoung, Tonality Master
10th Brother - Ximen Buhuo, Tonality Master
11th Bother - Wang Chi, Specialize in medicine, plants and philosophy 
12th Brother - Chen Pipi, a Genius that loves to eat :P... 
13th Brother - Ning Que

2nd Generation:

Tang XiaoTang (Teached by Yu Lian)

Zhang Nianzu (Teached by Jun Mo, and later Chao Xiaoshu)
Li Guangdi (Teached by Jun Mo, and later Chao Xiaoshu)

The actors for 9 and 10th brother are twins in case you didn't notice lols. 

Hope this helps. 

Wow thx for the recap @lynne22. Good to hear you are healthy now and back to business LOL.

Hahaha yeah at first i just noticed wow ninth tenth brother both are so resemble to each other! And after watching couple eps with them inside, and of course with help of wikipedia LoL ahh they are twins.

• LOL 2

@lynne22, awww, thank you so much.  Hope you are fine now.  Wow, you gave both the generations names.:kiss_wink: 

From the last post of mine above, could you confirm if the 8th bro's name is BAO QUAN?  TU once again and take care.

BTW, 5th bro's name is Song Qian or Song Lian or can it be spelled either way? 4th bro's name is Fan Yue or Fan Rui coz in one of the EN episodes I saw the spelling as Fan Rui.

@epinklyn

• Like 2

@pad-hari :sweatingbullets: lols.... I can see why you're confused... 

I used the translated book as my point of reference for the names of 4th Fan Yue and 5th Song Qian.

But the show could/might change them, as wiki also had different names. IIRC, the show changed Ye Su into Ye Qing in the drama.

46 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

From the last post of mine above, could you confirm if the 8th bro's name is BAO QUAN?  TU once again and take care.

I think the post doesn't mean 8th brother's name... the pinyin of his IG post are this: 

"kuài liǎng niánle zhōngyú yòu yīqǐ gōngzuòle [liúlèi] jiànguò wǒ bā shīxiōng [bàoquán]"

IMO he's writing a boaquan /clasped hand emoji, as a greeting for meeting the 8th bro. Maybe the actors have worked together in the span of 2 years? 

Spoiler

ff08da61c8164c02802c06839d740ff7.jpeg

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, roxnilla7 said:

I'm a little late to this one. But can someone please explain if this has a happy ending or a sad one without spoiling too much? I heard the ending is sorta like princess agents which is a big no to me

No it is not like Princess Agent (PA), i was also feel dissapointed too with PA. Ever Night will be continued with season 2 next year on Valentine Feb 2020. It is not a clifhanger, it is a decent adaptation since it 80% followed the book. Ever Night season 1 tell the 1st half of the book. You'll enjoy one of the best cinematography, fighting scenes and OST in C-drama.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, epinklyn said:

No it is not like Princess Agent (PA), i was also feel dissapointed too with PA. Ever Night will be continued with season 2 next year on Valentine Feb 2020. It is not a clifhanger, it is a decent adaptation since it 80% followed the book. Ever Night season 1 tell the 1st half of the book. You'll enjoy one of the best cinematography, fighting scenes and OST in C-drama.

I'm sold. So far the 1st ep is good... 5 seconds in and they were already fighting lol. The ost is also very good. I'm just glad I found a good drama to keep me sane while all my exams and essays pile up. I had to drop I Will Never Let You Go and 100 Days My Prince. They just weren't it.. 

Anyway I'll be dropping by here and there to ask questions about the drama as the episodes progress. Hope nobody minds ^_^

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, roxnilla7 said:

I'm sold. So far the 1st ep is good... 5 seconds in and they were already fighting lol. The ost is also very good. I'm just glad I found a good drama to keep me sane while all my exams and essays pile up. I had to drop I Will Never Let You Go and 100 Days My Prince. They just weren't it.. 

Anyway I'll be dropping by here and there to ask questions about the drama as the episodes progress. Hope nobody minds ^_^

Good! Hopefully watching how hardworking NingQue to reach his goal in cultivation will encourage you to finish your exams and essays my friend! We will be here to answer your questions about the drama, Good Luck!

• LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

Sang Sang and Ning Que's relationship is so cute and innocent. Its like they are already in love at the beginning of the drama, but they just dont realize it yet. I am curious though, Ning Que often addresses her or treats her like a little girl, like shes way younger than him. Whats the age difference for them?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, roxnilla7 said:

Sang Sang and Ning Que's relationship is so cute and innocent. Its like they are already in love at the beginning of the drama, but they just dont realize it yet. I am curious though, Ning Que often addresses her or treats her like a little girl, like shes way younger than him. Whats the age difference for them?

I don't remember it's clearly stated in the drama about their age (other than SS at one point saying she's 16 - but that's much later). I don't read the book either. My own conclusion is their age difference in the drama is about 4 or 5 years. Not a wide gap, but NQ found Sang Sang as a baby and raised her until certain age. So it's understandable that he often treats her like a little girl.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, roxnilla7 said:

Yeah they both are sometimes like an old married couple (quarrel and sleep together LOL), brother sister, and of course young master and young maid, and later act like lover yippie. But the role as young maid just to make SS sweating for her chilling illness. Like @caranita said their age gap is around 4 years, NQ was 4 y.o when he found SS in pile of dead bodies. When he moved to Capital from Wei City, SS is 12, and NQ is 16.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

Completely new to this thread, but just wanted to put in my 2 cents as well.

I really did love Ever Night and think everyone did an excellent job :wub:

The actors did such a splendid job portraying the roles given to them.

The director really knew just what needs to be done.

The cinematography was breathtaking.

And the OST is remarkable.

The fight choreography is awesome.

All in all, Ever Night is near perfect to me.

My only complaint is that they didn't fully portray Ning Que as savage as he is in the novel, here he was more playful & less cruel thou still just as shameless :D 

And also NQ & SangSang's relationship - the nuances that made it so unique and enchanting, wish they had paid more attention to it, especially when SS went away and NQ went after her. That was most important of all and yet they messed that up & completely downplayed it. :unsure:

Oh well, still love the drama!

And lolz, the drama made me aware of the novel, before that I had seen/heard of Nightfall somewhere in passing, didn't realise it was this fantastic. So as I was waiting for more episodes to be aired sometime before the middle of the drama I went hunting for the novel and started reading it and thus realised what a gem it is. 

While it did make me realise how much cooler the characters are in the novel, still didn't take away the joy from the drama, even if at times I now knew how they could've done better.

Nightfall  I love absolutely, but Ever Night also has my love :wub:

It really is too bad Arthur Chen didn't continue his role as NQ and when I first learned of it I felt kind of betrayed, and felt bad for Dylan Wang since he'd need not only to portray NQ but make his NQ as similar to Arthur's as possible since we know/love that NQ and his mannerism.

But since we get to see more and more BTS of Dylan as NQ I am confident he'll manage to pull off NQ's character just fine and we'll love Dylan's NQ just as much ^^

Well, what I'm most happy about is that we won't be left hanging forever with an unfinished story without ever getting season 2 *cough* tribes & empires *cough* princess agents *cough*  because we know Ever Night 2 is already in the works and nearly done, wohoooooooo :D

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Rouzmary said:

Completely new to this thread, but just wanted to put in my 2 cents as well.

I really did love Ever Night and think everyone did an excellent job :wub:

The actors did such a splendid job portraying the roles given to them.

The director really knew just what needs to be done.

The cinematography was breathtaking.

And the OST is remarkable.

The fight choreography is awesome.

All in all, Ever Night is near perfect to me.

My only complaint is that they didn't fully portray Ning Que as savage as he is in the novel, here he was more playful & less cruel thou still just as shameless :D 

And also NQ & SangSang's relationship - the nuances that made it so unique and enchanting, wish they had paid more attention to it, especially when SS went away and NQ went after her. That was most important of all and yet they messed that up & completely downplayed it. :unsure:

Oh well, still love the drama!

And lolz, the drama made me aware of the novel, before that I had seen/heard of Nightfall somewhere in passing, didn't realise it was this fantastic. So as I was waiting for more episodes to be aired sometime before the middle of the drama I went hunting for the novel and started reading it and thus realised what a gem it is. 

While it did make me realise how much cooler the characters are in the novel, still didn't take away the joy from the drama, even if at times I now knew how they could've done better.

Nightfall  I love absolutely, but Ever Night also has my love :wub:

It really is too bad Arthur Chen didn't continue his role as NQ and when I first learned of it I felt kind of betrayed, and felt bad for Dylan Wang since he'd need not only to portray NQ but make his NQ as similar to Arthur's as possible since we know/love that NQ and his mannerism.

But since we get to see more and more BTS of Dylan as NQ I am confident he'll manage to pull off NQ's character just fine and we'll love Dylan's NQ just as much ^^

Well, what I'm most happy about is that we won't be left hanging forever with an unfinished story without ever getting season 2 *cough* tribes & empires *cough* princess agents *cough*  because we know Ever Night 2 is already in the works and nearly done, wohoooooooo :D

Welcome, if u are so into novel, there is a discussion thread for the Yoda version(machine translated future episodes). You can join us there.  Here's the link.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/14/2019 at 2:22 AM, pad-hari said:

Welcome, if u are so into novel, there is a discussion thread for the Yoda version(machine translated future episodes). You can join us there.  Here's the link.

Yup, I'm already there, lurrrve it :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1