[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

Congratulations to Ni Dahong, our Sang Sang's shifu Wei Guangming, and Tong Yao, our annoying Princess Li Yu, for respectively winning the Best Actor award (in the drama "All is Well" -- highly recommended!) and Best Supporting Actress award (in "Like A Flowing River") at the Magnolia Awards! Ever Night does indeed have a group of fabulous actors in the cast.

PS.

12 hours ago, Maggieelrod said:

Does anyone know the use/purpose/ special power of the handkerchief 7th sister gives Ning even he leaves for the wilderness? 

Not sure, I only remember Ning Que uses it to cover Ye Hongyue's wound. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly, when NQ found SS, shes only like his sister. I never thought that they would become lovers, be cause now i cant stop rooting for MSS and NQ instead of NQ and SS. This is so painful lolll.

• LOL 1

On 7/1/2019 at 5:15 PM, Jambam said:

Honestly, when NQ found SS, shes only like his sister. I never thought that they would become lovers, be cause now i cant stop rooting for MSS and NQ instead of NQ and SS. This is so painful lolll.

Me too,

Spoiler

My heart broke at eps 48

I love how MSS spell talisman, when she hit NQ at the first time and defend NQ from LQ and HY

Hope she have more portion using that kind of magic supporting NQ

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Hi everyone. I'm new here. I was wondering if anyone knew if this drama is out on dvd in the usa? Or is it only just in certain countries? Or just going to remain a web drama? I really want this movie on dvd so bad.

• Like 3

On 7/6/2019 at 4:28 PM, hr_cane said:

Me too,

Reveal hidden contents

My heart broke at eps 48

I love how MSS spell talisman, when she hit NQ at the first time and defend NQ from LQ and HY

Yeah the rejection is too hurtful for MSS isnt it... And dont worry she will be back full supporting NQ on Ever Night 2...

4 hours ago, Firestorm31 said:

Hi everyone. I'm new here. I was wondering if anyone knew if this drama is out on dvd in the usa? Or is it only just in certain countries? Or just going to remain a web drama? I really want this movie on dvd so bad.

Should ask @Lbpg...

• Awesome 1

On 6/13/2019 at 9:48 PM, Maggieelrod said:

Does anyone know the use/purpose/ special power of the handkerchief 7th sister gives Ning even he leaves for the wilderness? 

A friend told me she'd read something about this, like on a forum, so I'm not sure if it was speculation or Mao Ni responding... 

Spoiler

It's supposed to be a tool that can help fix the God stunning array that gets damaged by He MingChi in the 2nd half of the novel. 

That said, what I can tell you is that this handkerchief isn't in the novel at all, so beyond what you see there's no more in-depth explanation that I know of. 

• Like 2

On 7/6/2019 at 2:28 AM, hr_cane said:

Me too,

Hide contents

My heart broke at eps 48

Same here. I'm team MSS and/or YHY all the way. I'm 30 chapters away from finishing this behemoth novel and had I not seen the drama first, I would've hated sangsang. For now I just dislike her. YHY and MSS are the true powerhouses in this story, imo, I can't get enough of them. 

• Like 1

On 7/9/2019 at 2:25 AM, Lbpg said:

Same here. I'm team MSS and/or YHY all the way. I'm 30 chapters away from finishing this behemoth novel and had I not seen the drama first, I would've hated sangsang. For now I just dislike her. YHY and MSS are the true powerhouses in this story, imo, I can't get enough of them. 

I am team MSS from the earlier drama (just see her appearances in the opening & ending song)  and team YHY after that eps.

I read from some sources that YHY is also the main role, so she should have more scenes in EN 2.

On 7/8/2019 at 10:34 PM, epinklyn said:

Yeah the rejection is too hurtful for MSS isnt it... And dont worry she will be back full supporting NQ on Ever Night 2...

Yey, I want to see their CG

Like almost games, MSS will be behind NQ casting ranged attack and NQ as a front liner giving melee attack

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hr_cane said:

I am team MSS from the earlier drama (just see her appearances in the opening & ending song)  and team YHY after that eps.

I read from some sources that YHY is also the main role, so she should have more scenes in EN 2.

Yey, I want to see their CG

Like almost games, MSS will be behind NQ casting ranged attack and NQ as a front liner giving melee attack

For sure YHY is a big player throughout the 2nd part of the story, and more so towards the end. I've no idea where season 2 will end relative to the novel, but she'll get to see action either way. 

MSS plays a strong support role in several key turning points. While you don't get to witness her development, I loved reading how powerful she becomes. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I hope im not the only one who thinks this but i dont like the idea of NQ being with SS for a couple reasons.

1. The age difference. When he found her he had to be 10yrs and she was an infant.

2. He raised her as his child or little sister.

3. He had to been the one who changed her diaper and dressed her and feed her.

4. When she is around he cant concentrate and he has to risk his life protecting her and he almost dies quite a bit because of her.

5. Yes she does everything for him but she should do this anyway because she owes him her life. Had he not found her and raised her she would have died a long time ago.

6. They are family period. Can you imagine you found a infant child. You feed them. Clothe them. Wash them and protect them their whole life. And now its ok to have sex with them. Thats disgusting. Its like going with your own child its all sorts of fuckery and wrong. So SS needs to stop listening to everybody and understand NQ is her father/brother and though he loves her he can never be with her in that way and just be grateful that someone found her and gave her the best life he could and let him be in love with the one who loves him back. Thats just my take on it.

• Like 1

Hi @Terrell Jones :) 

Thanks for stopping by... 

Personally my view of EN setting's is in the ancient time, so we cannot see the situation with a modern view.

On one had, following the novel, their age difference is around 4 years. So basically for me at least, its children taking care of children but then again, in ancient time, their mental age are older... 4 year old can have a mental age of someone 7-8 year old in our modern time.

I can't remember if it was stated how much of their age difference in the drama so I can't say anything about it now.. but there should not be that much of a difference.

Now about your concerns, Yes, NQ and SS are basically each other family, without blood relation, and often times during those period, marriage within a group of people in the same area are normal... so for me I don't have any issues with NQ and SS, how they progress from family to love relationship is a normal progression based on their personal closeness.

In modern time, there is no way NQ a young orphan at the age of 4 will be allowed to take care of an infant, SS should be immediately taken by the authority right??

Anyway.. this is just my two cents.. and to be honest its fine if we agree to disagree. :) 

Have a nice day.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Terrell Jones said:

I hope im not the only one who thinks this but i dont like the idea of NQ being with SS for a couple reasons.

1. The age difference. When he found her he had to be 10yrs and she was an infant.

2. He raised her as his child or little sister.

3. He had to been the one who changed her diaper and dressed her and feed her.

4. When she is around he cant concentrate and he has to risk his life protecting her and he almost dies quite a bit because of her.

5. Yes she does everything for him but she should do this anyway because she owes him her life. Had he not found her and raised her she would have died a long time ago.

6. They are family period. Can you imagine you found a infant child. You feed them. Clothe them. Wash them and protect them their whole life. And now its ok to have sex with them. Thats disgusting. Its like going with your own child its all sorts of fuckery and wrong. So SS needs to stop listening to everybody and understand NQ is her father/brother and though he loves her he can never be with her in that way and just be grateful that someone found her and gave her the best life he could and let him be in love with the one who loves him back. Thats just my take on it.

Hello Terrell,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Even if I understand what you said, I disagree for one main reason:  we mostly have the point of view of NQ regarding their relationship. He always say that he raised her. But, as we all know, nobody is quite objective.

Spoiler

As you can see on the argument that had at one point, SS reminded him that it was not quite the true. That she helped him a lot. She dealt with the money, etc. So for me, they raised each other. She also almost die for him.

For me their relationship is not as easy as the one you describe.

Again, that's just my point of view :-). And it is nice to have different ideas about this drama.

Have a nice day!

• Like 4

On 2/3/2020 at 12:09 AM, angelangie said:

they were each other float to survive in this harsh world......

they grew up relying on each other....and if both are taken out of each other companionship....they wouldnt know how to survive

there will be no NingQue without SangSang and no SangSang without NingQue

Well said angie..... :wub: 

• Like 1